Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

AC dead; heat stuck on; any ideas on how to clamp off heat?

2001tc_155k2001tc_155k Member Posts: 2
edited October 2014 in Chrysler
We have a 2001 TC we will be trading in this fall. So, I don't want to spend money on a new controller which is apparently the issue that prevents the AC and Heat from working properly (The AC does not work, and the heat is stuck on!).
How can I disconnect or clamp the heat off? I tried removing fuses, but the heat still comes in through most vents, especially by my feet.
Thanks,

Comments

• srs_49srs_49 Member Posts: 1,394
    Bypass the heater core. Find the supply and return lines for the heater in the engine compartment, cut or remove them from the inlet/outlet of the heater core and splice them together with a small section of copper pipe and hose clamps.
  • 2001tc_155k2001tc_155k Member Posts: 2
    srs_49,
    Thanks! I will try to locate the these lines next weekend.
    I will let you know how I make out.
    2001tc_155k
  • maxrayrussmaxrayruss Member Posts: 3
    Remove the driver lower panel. sub panels and to your right side facing the front of the vehicle you will see 3 air/mixer actuators. The one at the bottom has 2 screws holding it to the duct and it has behind it a male spline cam that drives a square stock shaft that opens and closes the heater duct door. You can take a small cresent wrench and turn the square stock and hear the door shut. leave the actuator off and all other actuators will work but the heater door will stay closed or open as you left it.
This discussion has been closed.