Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2012 Honda CR-V

12346»

Comments

• carteachcarteach Member Posts: 179
    Can anyone tell me whether the dashboard is padded or hard?
  • frofountainfrofountain Member Posts: 2
    Anyone have an annoying vibration under the dash?
  • flatfiveflatfive Member Posts: 2
    2000 miles on my 2012 CR-V AWD EX-L-Nav.

80% City driving / 25-26 mpg
    HWY 65-70 mph/ 31-33 mpg

My old car was city/ 11 mpg & HWY / 16 mpg, so I am very happy with 2012 CR-V.
  • carteachcarteach Member Posts: 179
    Has anyone used a compartment separator to keep their dogs in the back of the car. If so, which one did you buy and how well does it work?

Thanks
  • ndmike88ndmike88 Member Posts: 155
    My only complaint with our 2012 CR-V EX-L RES is getting the hang of the remote for the DVD player. If you have 2 movies on the same DVD you can't see which one you are choosing (for your granddaughters ages 3 and 1) while you are sitting in the front seat. Wish the DVD screen would display on the front info screen.
  • snukesnuke Member Posts: 81
    I purchased my new 2012 CR-V on 6/1/12 and I, too, hear a hissing noise under the hood which is parked in my home's garage. I have never raised the hood to see if there is a problem but I noticed after a few minutes, the noised has stopped. I have not encountered any problems because of it and I have not inquired with the dealer about it. However, since I am reading that others have encountered the same noise, I assume it is normal when the engine has been stopped. If anyone finds out other wise, please let me know.
  • indigo1indigo1 Member Posts: 8
    I have a 2012 crv lx awd and the dashboard is hard plastic.
  • lok888lok888 Member Posts: 1,788
    The dealer told me that it is an option on LX and EX models and they will cost me $850, installed. I looked at Yakima and that would cost $315 for the cross bars plus another $140 for the bike carrier. I thought this is standard on SUVs these days.
    I saw one 2012 CR-V sitting on a dealer's lot with the roof rails and cross bars and discovered it was the 2012 EX-L AWD model. So, although I am not sure, I think the roof rails/cross bars might be standard on the AWD models only.
  • lok888lok888 Member Posts: 1,788
    They said that the roof rails is standard on EX-L (FWD and AWD) but still need the option cross bars. They are all options on LX and EX (FWD or AWD).
    I purchased my 3rd Honda but 1st CR-V in June of 2012. I have encountered some of the same inconveniences mentioned earlier, i.e., hissing noise after engine is turned off and uncomfortable position of the driver's head restraint. But, I can live with those. However, I am curious to find out if any other owner of the 2012 CR-V has encountered a problem with blind spots on the left and right rear sides of the vehicle. The way the new CR-V is built toward the back sides of the SUV (a solid panel between the rear slanting window and the tall tail lights on each side), I am unable to get a clear view of the right and left sides of the vehicle when attempting to change lanes. The space between the side slanting window and tail lights block your view. I find myself having to check and double check prior to changing lanes. Now, I understand the importance of being sure a lane is unoccupied prior to attempting to enter that lane, but I have never had to do this amount of double checking before executing my move. Does anyone else out there feel the same as I do?
  • bmfcbmfc Member Posts: 9
    I can't believe this. My wife's 2004 Odyssey has Homelink. My son's 2001 Intrepid has Homelink. What is Honda thinking?
  • stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,515
    that homelink costs money?

doesn't the EX-L have it? They have always limited to top of the line models.

My 2005 Accord EX-L did not have homelink.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• pochiepochie Member Posts: 1
    I agree 100%. The driver side-mirror with the extra wide area does nothing to detect your blind spot. I am putting the small fisheye mirrors on tomorrow. I have 1200 miles on my new CR-V and it is very poor. Even turning my head a good 90 degrees it is not a clear view. I hope this helps and maybe you'll do the same.
    Thanks Pochie for your response. Please excuse my ignorance on the subject but what are fisheye mirrors, where can they be purchased and where on the CR-V will you place them? I am assuming the driver and passenger side mirrors, correct?
  • kagomehkagomeh Member Posts: 3
    Yes, I do! Mine seems to come from somewhere on the passenger side of the dash. It is intermittent but when it happens accelerating seems to aggravate it. My car is barely 2 weeks old and I took it back to the dealership that sold it to me to take care of this problem. They kept the car overnight, opened up the dash, tightened all sorts of things, but when I picked it up today the vibration was still there. I am taking it back next week.

Did you find out the source of your CRV's dash vibration and is it resolved?
    This weekend I received my recall notice from Honda for my 2012 CR-V concerning the safety of the front door locks. Has anyone else received their notice and have already taken your vehicle to the dealer to have the problem fixed? If you have, how long did it take and are you able to notice that the problem has been fixed?
  • flatfiveflatfive Member Posts: 2
    I do not received recall notice from Honda. I checked Honda web site, but my car was not affected car. I stopped my Honda dealer about 2 weeks ago(not for about recall) and asked about recall, my Honda dealer want fix all 2012 CR-V even not affected.
    He told me take a couple hours to fix, and they will fix now.
    Thanks for your feedback Flatfive.
  • bled01bled01 Member Posts: 1
    Any feedback from those that ended up getting the spoiler? It it worth the $$$ in your opinion? What about the vision out the rear window...does that get reduced at all?
    I purchased the spoiler at the time I purchased my 2012 CR-V which was installed by the dealer. The spoiler improved the looks substantially. My spoiler costs $295 for the part and the labor was an additional $79. It has not reduced the vision out of the rear window. Bernardi Honda Parts has outstanding prices on Honda parts and accessories which can be purchased online. Their price for a spoiler is $214. However, you will pay for shipping/handling and pay to have it installed. Despite their lower price, I preferred to have my spoiler installed at the time of purchased.
    I have not received a recall notice, but I was alerted to the door lock recall through the Honda Owner Link website. I plugged in my VIN # and mine was on the list. It took about 2 hours to fix at the dealership where I originally purchased the vehicle. They told me I was the 5th one who had come in due to the recall. I never noticed an issue with the door locks either prior to or after the fix.
    FOLLOW UP: It took 3 visits to the dealer but they finally identified the source for the vibration under the dash. In my case, it was the heater core pipe making the vibration at about 2000 rpm. They secured the heater core pipe and the buzzing/vibrations under the dashboard have ceased.
    Thanks for your feedback. I called my dealer and surprisingly, the service representative I spoke to was not even aware of the recall. While I was still on the line with him, he looked it up and started reading it. After he described what they would have to do to remedy the problem, I decided I did not want mine to be their guinea pig, wait until they have done a few, and take it in. I have already been told to be prepared to leave my car to give them ample time to work on it. I, too, have not had any problems with my locks. My fear is they will get into my door panel and create problems that I am not having.
  • evan2012evan2012 Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2012
    Hello - i just bought crv ex awd one week ago and has only 185 miles. Now i feel like car is shaking (steering, seat). it shakes more when air condition is on. but it will go way after sometimes. Also, I felt like air condition make noise compare to other cars I drove. I called the dealer and they said they will look in to issue this Monday.

Anyone having this problems as well? Do I have right to return CRV if there is a real problem with car even it is fixable? I don't want to waste that much $$ on junk car, if that's the case. Thanks!
    I am so sorry you are having problems. I now have over 2,000 miles on my CR-V EX FWD and I have not had any problems so far. I have owned 2 Honda Accords prior to this CR-V starting in 1988 and had little to no problems with them. Due to my success with Honda, I decided to try the CR-V (always wanted an SUV) but did not like the shape of the previous CR-V's. I am hoping I have as much success with my CR-V as I have had with my Accords.
  • evan2012evan2012 Member Posts: 2
    I did not like the shape of previous model as well so waited to buy 2012 model. Also, many people recommended me Honda since they had good experience like you do.

I have scheduled for service this Monday and see what happens.

I may drive other CRV at the dealer as well just make sure I'm not complaining without issues.
  • therivertheriver Member Posts: 70
    Just picked up a new 2012. I still have the 2004 with 140K.

Anyway, two things I need.

Is there a maintance chart somewhere -- I checked the owners manual and all it says is all these lights will go on when it is time for Maintance A, B, etc. I get it, but I want a chart!!! like every owners manual since I started driving. Is it somewhere I am missing.

Also, when I hook my android up, it plays all the songs fine through bluetooth. But when I hook my IPHONe up it only plays the same artist - the screen says 1/4, meaning it is playing the 1st of the 4 songs by the same artist. When it hits the 4th song, it starts over agiain - never plays the others unless I manual fast forward it o nthe phone.

Anyway - these newfangled things are tough. The car I traded in was over 11 years old so have no experience with all this bluetooth, etc.
    You are like me. I could never find a chart specifying the maintenance needed at a specific mileage. My plan is to visit my Honda shop (independent shop who has serviced my Honda's since 1988 who provides a list of all schedule maintenance for each Honda).

Sorry, I can't help you with the Bluetooth issue. I am old fashion and have thus far, refused to purchase a data plan with my cell phone purchased 2-yrs. ago. It was the last phone offered by AT&T that did not require a data plan. Therefore, I don't download music on my phone.
    Actually it is my kids with all the music. I do have a smartphone but never put music on it....

I put all my music on a stick and plug it in to the USB port - that way no one steals it.

Fortunately, i like some of my kids music!.
    Exactly!!! I, too, am using the USB port on my new CR-V. The free 3-months of the XM Radio have expired so I can't hear that anymore. I really enjoyed it and because I allowed it to expire, they are trying to lure me back with 6-months free and I pay for 6-months. This really is a good deal which I might take them up on.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Try the Edmunds Car Maintenance Guide.

Congrats on the new ride!
    thanks. I guess i can just go through it and make my own chart. By the looks of it, there is very little to do until about 60K or so. Frankly, I'll worry about 60k in a few years!

Thanks.
  • jethpjethp Member Posts: 1
    Yes mine is a 2012 crv ex they replaced both front door lock assembly it takes around 1hr now i feel my door are closing and locking very smooth compared to the previous now i will not worry about what bad things will happen.thanks to honda!
  • rosa222rosa222 Member Posts: 3
    I'd like to trade my '06 CRV EX for a new 2012 EX-L the end of this month (Oct 2012) or early Nov.

How low should I be able to get on price? I don't need NAV.

Rosa
    edited October 2012
    Take a look at the Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience discussion for recent deals.
  • dleebolddleebold Member Posts: 3
    i paid $22400.two months ago,for an ex :) .
  • carhunt07carhunt07 Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2013
    dear member:

I am in the market to buy a used 2012 Honda CR-V LE or EX gas model. Please give me some advise on what to check (records, standard equipments etc) and how to negotiate to get a good deal.

payment method: cash + pre-approved finance from a local bank

My location: Austin, TX
    Used Car information:
    Model: 2012 Honda CR-V EX SUV 4x4
    Honda Certified Vehicle
    Mileage: 2,800
    Dealer Haggle Free price: $25000 (I assume this is the out of the door price)
    edmund.com price for a new car: invoice $25099 TMV $25362
    Clean CarFax 1 owner report.
    Warranty remain for another 25 month
  • mike1mnmike1mn Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2013
    My wife's car is a 2012 CRV AWD. She was getting an average of 27.5 mpg. On the highway it would sometimes be 29 mpg or so and in the city drop to 26. The last two trips in which it was on cruise control and going about 60 it dropped to 24.5 on the highway. Now it has gone down to 23. I went to the dealer and the dealer said there was nothing wrong and it was probably the weather. In Minnesota it gets cold and snowy. However, she had been driving it in colder weather with more snow and ice when it was getting good mpg. It has bothered me enough that I am thinking of getting rid of car and going to Subaru Forester or a Toyota RAV4. Except for the terrible gas mileage the car is great but in todays world mpg is important. The brush off from the dealer and them saying its normal really upset me. No more Hondas if this doesn't get fixed or heal up on its own. I have tried different gas the past two tanks and still no change. Honda sure doesn't live up to its advertising, at least not now. Sorry for the ramble, I am just upset and used this place to vent.
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    You really think that is "terrible" gas mileage???

The money you will waste in depreciation should you dump that CRV would buy a LOT of gas!!

It IS pretty normal and about the same as our 2011 is getting. Subarus are not known for great gas mileage.

The driver is a major factor on gas mileage too.
    Has anyone received the recall notice to have the front door locks on their 2012 CRV replaced but has made a conscience decision to not honor the recall (will not have the repairs made)? I am currently not having any problems with my locks and I am fearful that problems may start after having the locks replaced. You see, I had my dealer install a spoiler on my CRV after I purchased the SUV and a nice size dent was accidentally put in the top during installation and no one mentioned it. Only because I am tall that I was able to see the dent and returned it to the dealer to have it removed. So, I am just fearful a technician might ruined the locks further or ruin something else during the process.
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    If you feel that afraid, why bring your car in for ANYTHING??

Don't let one mishap taint you forever!
  • bluegolferbluegolfer Member Posts: 1
    There are many things that affect gas mileage. I drive a Toyota Prius and drive about 35,000 miles a year. I watch the mileage constantly and have discovered a few things:

Wind
    Any wind will affect your mileage unless it is from the rear. A cross wind is about as bad as a head wind.

Gas
    Not all 89 obtain gas is the same. Price is not necessarily an indicator of good gas. However, buying a name brand usually is a good indicator.

Rain/Snow
    The car has to push through this which eats gas.

Cold
    Don't idle the car to worm it up. This really eats gas.
    When it is cold (below 40 deg.) things are not as fluid
    Cold does affect mileage

Hope this helps.
    "If the Toyota RAV4 invented the crossover segment, the Honda CR-V perfected it."

2012 Honda CR-V vs. 2013 Toyota RAV4 vs. 2014 Mazda CX-5 Comparison Test