Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2012 Honda CR-V

Comments

• usedcarrickyusedcarricky Member Posts: 4
    You shouldn't. If you want a Camry buy a Camry. If you want an SUV wait for the CRV. It is going to be so much more versitile. If you need room for road trips and/or storage, the new CRV will definately fit the bill.

Used Car Ricky
    Ours is scheduled to be here between the 8th and 12th of December.
  • theyhatemetheyhateme Member Posts: 10
    According to several articles posted last Monday, there will be no delay after all. Production will start in Nov. 29 and should be ready mid-December.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Here's video from the LA Auto Show, and a full test. (Straightline)
    Bluetooth & rear-view cam are now standard on all models. Nice!
  • vvs6vvs6 Member Posts: 2
    Does anyone know what the color selection pairings would be for an EX-L?
  • stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,545
    Not happy that they still don't seem to have a manumatic function on the CRV (Honda doesn't seem to be big on that). Unless I am missing something!

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• vvs6vvs6 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for sending that link!

I'd heard the Basque Red was not being offered in the beige. That bums me out as the preview car from the LA auto show and pics found on the internet show a red with beige.

I also recently heard that the Red will not be available until February at the earliest. Is there any truth to that? Does anyone know?

Thanks!
    No prob. I too like the beige interior. I have an MX-5 with the similar two-toned beige and black interior and love the look of it. The grey looks so dull to the eye, IMO.

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but the red model they had in the LA Auto Show had a grey interior. I was gonna go in person, but this video saved me the trip. hehe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A61PfweTiVI
    Looks like several dealerships are having them on display.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=VLN6HBkE60A
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1Ms58Vyfe0
  • free888free888 Member Posts: 18
    Have they finally put Homelink in the CRV, or will people still need to buy an aftermarket mirror?
  • flgirl2flgirl2 Member Posts: 7
    You are correct, it's gray in the video, thanks for catching that. I'm pretty sure there are pics on the internet...not sure where I saw it, but I know I saw beige. Could this possibly be why there will be a delay in releasing the red? I think this basque red is different from the current red. Looks richer. What do you think?
  • samcosamco Member Posts: 20
    i got this from a dealer as a promise. he mentioned the 2011 comparable model (2011 CR-V AWD EX-L with Navi) invoice was at: $28,795

is that correct? for 2012 invoice + $200 a good price?

Also where can I get the invoice price ? (when they are available for 2012 by Dec 15th?)
    edited December 2011
    We don't have pricing information yet since the 2012 is still a "pre-production" vehicle.

The buying talk is mostly happening over in Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience, so be sure to head over there too.
  • rrich49132rrich49132 Member Posts: 25
    The local dealer here in Arlington, VA has them now.
    I stopped at a dealer in south jersey yesterday and did not see any. If they had them, they were out of sight. It was busy so I did not bother a salesperson to ask to see one.

I have to take our Odyssey in for service next week, so hopefully I can see (and drive) one then.

• ricschricsch Member Posts: 540
    A couple local dealers here in N.E. Wisconsin have a couple '12 CR-V's on the lot.

Sounds like MSRP price is the buying price at this time.

Anyone know if Honda is offering any financing deals on them?

I recall getting an e-mail from Honda a while back that included the 2012 CR-V with what I thought was .09% but I must have deleted the e-mail.
    I posted a video of the one we just got
    http://youtu.be/ZZZW-wfrBwo
  • doit01doit01 Member Posts: 6
    I had a quote that was supose to be 250 under invoice at 28498 for the cr-v with navigation and dealer was to trade his first 2012 for it and then the trade fell through, now I have been promised his first 2012 with nav at 250 over invoice, guessed to be $300-700 more, should know on the 14 Dec2011
  • peggyhpeggyh Member Posts: 8
    A woman in my office showed up at work with the 2012. She bought it at a dealer in Nassau County on Long Island, NY. The dealer supposedly told her that there were no lease options at this time so she bought it. Sounds strange to me but she loves it. It is silver gray, looks real nice.
    Sure would like to know how she got on yesterday or even today and at what price.
    I was at a dealer in Jersey today for an oil change, and they had not gotten any, and were unclear about when they would show up. probably not long now I guess. Or they are hiding them out back, trying to clear out the 2011s.

It was purchased at Millenium Honda in Hempstead. I would not have believed it if I did not see it myself.
    I would think that with business being tough any dealer having 2012s would want to sell them except I am guessing the prices are sticker plus.
    By the way, I did email this dealer asking if they had 2012 CRVs. I told them that they sold one to one of my co-workers this weekend. I will let you all know what they respond. Should be interesting.............
    My dealer just called me and said I can have his first 2012 CR-V 4WD EX-L with navigation for what he says is $250 over invoice so that is $28892, (invoice is I guess $28642) he said, plus tax, plates, and a documentation fee of $150. I can not pick it up Thursday Dec. 15th, 2011, the official lease of the 2012 he told me.

Well we shall see, now this is the same dealer who told me he could get a 2011 in trade but then could not, you know these auto dealers you can trust them till the "paperwork is done" and you have the keys.

When i drive home on Thursday I will confirm the price & delivery.
  • rojmarojma Member Posts: 9
    I stopped by a Honda dealer last night to get a first look at the new 2012 Honda CRVs. I wanted a 4x4 EX-L but was told the EX-L will not be made in 4x4 in 2012. Any idea if this information is correct? Unfortunately the Honda page has not been updated yet with details on the 2012.
    not true at all.

in Chicagoland area, all they have is AWD for the EX-Ls

You can try Rosen Honda in Gurnee IL
  • bostonbuffbostonbuff Member Posts: 3
    All the CRV's in Boston area are AWD. I'm looking at the EX-L and was quoted $28k, MSRP for it is $29,105. Anyone else have some prices that I could compare to? Also, what kind of services/warranties can you get the dealer to include? This is my first time buying a new car
    i got a quote for 27,800 for exl awd without navi in IL
  • bostonbuffbostonbuff Member Posts: 3
    How do we find out Invoice price? What's a good price to pay for the EXL?
    someone is this forum said to use truecar.com for invoice price. I don't know if that site is authentic

if it is, we can use 2011 prices since the msrp is similar in 2012

http://www.truecar.com/prices-new/honda/cr-v-pricing/2011/BDF37B88/
  • rojmarojma Member Posts: 9
    Thanksfor the replies. I am Charlotte, NC. I imagine that AWD are not as popular/necessary here so the dealer was just trying to sell me what they had in stock. However Charlotte does get snow/ice every once in a while and I'd rather have the AWD for those occasions since we don't have much experience driving in such conditions.
    sure.

it is automatic 4weel drive, so we can't force it to kick in - based on road condition, it kicks in by its self, but it does work and help
  • ricschricsch Member Posts: 540
    Thanks for the video link, good information.

Anyone know when Honda will get the 2012 CR-V info on their website, all I found is specs for the 2011.

Curious to hear what others have found for pricing on am AWD EX model.
    Well I did not have to wait till Thursday, my sales person called and informed me that the dealership just added $1850 worth of " Dealer Installed Options" to the car I was to purchase $28892 now will cost $30742, Damm these dealer, adding these dealer options for $1850 is just a way for the dealer to add profit in the area of $925 because I could buy the same items for about 1/2 of what they charge for them.
    do not buy from "West Hills Honda, Bremerton Washington"
    do you really need it that quick? Wait a few weeks, or a month, or whatever it takes for supply to ramp up and things will go back to normal.

Please visit Dealer Ratings and Reviews and write a review. You may want to complain to your local consumer protection agency about "bait and switch" if you really had a firm number.
  • fredjohnsonfredjohnson Member Posts: 48
    I test drove a 2012 EX-L yesterday here in Minneapolis. Salesman told me they are selling for $300 under MSRP. Not much of a deal, but fyi.
  • fredjohnsonfredjohnson Member Posts: 48
    I just drove an EX-L AWD last night at the dealer in Minneapolis.
    What model, awd? with Navi? Leather? and how much did they quote?
    I did write a review, how does it take to show UP? I am working on my compliant with Washington State Office of the Attorney General.

thanks for the advise.
    edited December 2011
    The starting MSRP for the 2012 2WD LX model is $22,295, not including the $810 destination charge.

The data people are working on getting all the numbers up on the site.
  • gmichaelgmichael Member Posts: 4
    Does anyone know what a 2012 Honda CRV ex will be selling for, Also a EX-L with Navi? One other question what will be the finance rate? I see 0.9% and 1.9% do you think it will be in this range?
    Thanks
    selling for? Sticker seems to be close to 2011 levels. What kind of deal, probably depends on if you can wait until supply stabilizes. You want to be first on the block? Sticker.

and those low rates aren't likely to be on the new model anytime soon, so figure normal market rates, though on a car this price, the difference between 1.9% and 3.9% just isn't that much.

edited December 2011
    We should migrate the pricing talk over to the Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience discussion, where at least one 2012 deal has been posted. Thanks!