Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Noise

slowdriveslowdrive Member Posts: 2
edited July 2014 in Pontiac
I have a '09 G8 GT. There are two sounds that my dealer cannot solve. The first is when the driver's window is down and the door is closed. The window makes a rattling sound. If the window is up, it is quiet. The second is, when you are about to stop (5 - 10 mph) and the transmission is put into neutral, a clunking sound is heard just before the car comes to a stop. Dealer says don't put it into N. Other cars that I have had do not make this sound. Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    Hello Slowdrive,
    I apologize that you are experiencing an issue with your vehicle. Did the dealership ever contact our technical department? Is the vehicle still at the dealership for the same concern? Thank you,
    Mariah GM Customer Service
  • Options
    slowdriveslowdrive Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for answering. The car was at the dealer. They stated that the glass noise was normal and not to shift to neutral. I do not know if they contacted your technical dep't. I have two other concerns I'd like to bring to your attention. The oil and filter were changed on July 6th.Only 8 quarts were added even though the manual states 8.8 quarts. Dealer says don't worry, that is ok. Second, the coolant reservoir dip stick reads slightly below min. I requested that they put in more fluid, they stated don't worry it is ok. I know that it is not ok. What should I do? I have opened an inquiry #71-845968063. GM states they are checking. What is to check? It is stated in the manual.
    Thanks again for your time
  • Options
    gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    Hello Slowdrive,
    The agent is going to inquire on what exactly the dealership did and how much product they used. They have to check all aspects of what happened so the agent knows how to proceed from there. That is the process they have to follow in all the inquiries we have. If you have any further questions please let me know. Thank you,
    Mariah GM Customer Service
  • Options
    whoosierdaddywhoosierdaddy Member Posts: 76
    I'm impressed that somebody from GM is monitoring these posts and responding, considering the G8 is "dead" (to the consternation and disbelief of many)...or is it?
This discussion has been closed.