Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Jeep Liberty Overheating

jrlopez14jrlopez14 Member Posts: 8
I need help my 2003 jeep liberty sport 3.7 v6 has been over heating for about a month now and i cant figure out why I had 3 shops look at it and told me the electric and the clutch fan so i changed those and it still over heats, i have also changed the radiator cap, had a radiator flush, new thermostat, new electric and clutch fan, water pump was changed last year. What i do notice is when the radiator cap is on, there is alot of presure build up in the exit and entry way of the radiator hose, and the meter on the car moves to red hot, but when the radiator cap is off the car doesnt over heat but the coolant is spilling out of the plastic case you put it in. One thing i forgot to say was before i changed the fans, I changed the thermostat first and when i put the new one in, when i drove the car, it would heat up really fast, once i changed the fans i can now get at least 15 to 20 mins down the road and back before it over heats and the only way to cool the car down is to run the heater. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME I NEED TO GET THIS FIXED ITS MY ONLY CAR.

Comments

• Options
    1000yearswide1000yearswide Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2002 Jeep Liberty Sport that is having the very same issues. I have replaced the themostat, the relay switch for the fan, and it is still running hot. I am about to flush the radiator and replace the water pump. Now im not sure if I should.
  • Options
    jrlopez14jrlopez14 Member Posts: 8
    i wouldnt come to find out after i did all of that even a raditor flush it was just my thermostat and just do that cause a thermostat is only like 15 dollars
  • Options
    atennesseeatennessee Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2013
    I have a 2002 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition since 2006 after only having it for 1 1/2 months was & still is having the very same issues. Fan doesn't work also. I have replaced the the relay switch for the fan 3 times & the motor blower once and it is still running hot once again. Since have put so much money into had been riding around for 4 years without the fan working. It's not the fan because connect it to the battery & it works fine I was told my Jeep doesn't have a thermostat so need to check into it again. Also heard these jeeps are so hard to fix since have so many parts in tight spots that ppl always have to pull out something to get just to 1 part. I just don't know anymore what is wrong. Would love just to get it fix once & for all.