Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ford Explorer Automatic Door Lock Problems

curbaniucurbaniu Member Posts: 3
My 1998 Explorer automatic door lock remote will not open my driver's door sometimes. You can hear it click but it will not unlock the lock. I've changed the battery in the remote but still the problem occasionally comes up. Also, the passenger door behind the driver will have the same problem. The car is unlocked but I cannot open the door. What can I do to fix this?

Comments

• skier2010skier2010 Member Posts: 1
    we have a 1999 ford explorer-alarm system problems. we can't start the truck unless we disarm the systems... we need to know how to disarm the system so you jump and go.. help..please.
  • whizzlewhizzle Member Posts: 1
    door latch receiver mechanism*
    door cylinder contact switch.
    power door lock actuator
  • edouble1edouble1 Member Posts: 18
    I have the same problem in my '98. Seems during warm weather months, it works ok. Also, every month, I'll spray the hell out of the latch mechanisim, and latch post on the frame, with sillicone spray. Seems to help a bit.

Otherwise, I have to bite the bullet, and reach in from the driver side back door. Thank goodness I have long arms.
  • pdellpdell Member Posts: 2
    We are having the same problem with our 99 Explorer - the driver's door will no longer open with the remote at all and the door behind the driver sticks and I need to hit the remote about 6 times before it opens. Really not happy about this! We are also having problems with the driver's door window and outdoor handle. I have had it into a mechanic about 6 times in the last 2 years for these problems but they can't seem to fix any of them correctly. I bought the car new, treated it well and kept it in the garage for the first 8 years of it's life. I seem to think there is a bigger issue here...