Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ford Fiesta Prices Paid and Buying Experience

kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,725
Tell us about shopping for a new Fiesta!

Edmunds Price Checker
Edmunds Lease Calculator
Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Comments

• rkjindalrkjindal Member Posts: 12
    edited November 2010
    There was no market adjustment here in Fairfax VA, but they initially wanted the sticker price. After an hour or so we came out to $16,300 OTD (after $500 college grad rebate).

Auto w/cruise control
    Sync media system
    Alloy wheels and spoiler
    Interior ambient lights
    LED front "parking lights"
    6 speakers
    Sirius Satellite radio
  • jetfanjetfan Member Posts: 61
    Looking to buy a 2011 Ford Fiesta SEL sedan. Looking for auto transmission, leather, 301A upgrade package, I believe there is a $500 rebate. Any other incentives out there? What should I expect to pay? I have an XPLAN pin. Would that be my best bet? Thanks
  • fordrules1fordrules1 Member Posts: 2
    I know for a fact you can get better than the X plan pricing. I dealt with this guy at Rye Ford in Rye NY and was very happy with the pricing. He is at ext. 125 - I'm sure you"ll be pleased with the service there.
  • iluvmysephia1iluvmysephia1 Member Posts: 7,704
    edited November 2010
    which Ford Fiesta model did you buy? How do you like it? Did you get the hatchback or the sedan and did you get manual transmission or automatic?

2021 Kia Soul LX 6-speed stick

Can u give me an idea on what I should expect to pay? Does not look like much of a difference between Sticker & Invoice on this car. How much over Invoice would be a good deal on a SEL Sedan?
  • phill1phill1 Member Posts: 319
    How do you figure better out the door price then X Plan plus whatever rebates and promotions are currently available? X Plan price is barely over dealer cost invoice and DOES NOT PERMIT any additional Dealer Prep costs or add ons. Unless you have the Ford A Plan for current Ford Employees or immediate family members, X Plan usually offers the best price for any in demand current Ford vehicle and allows for any additional cash rebates or promotions that the general public can use as well. My new Fiesta SE 5 dr hatchback had a suggested retail MSRP of $18,030.00 after X Plan and $495. credit deleting Sync and additional cash rebate of $750. for taking delivery by July 19,2010, I paid under $16,000. before adding tax,title!
  • longhorn5longhorn5 Member Posts: 6
    How do you get the X Plan? I am interested in the same model as you. May be the SES with automatic transmission. I am seeing one in my area for $18,365 after the $500 rebate but without any bargaining with the dealer. Thanks!
    A buddy of mine has a father in law who retired from Ford so he gets me the Xplan.
  • matroskinmatroskin Member Posts: 3
    edited December 2010
    Denver, CO - a lot of dealers are ready to accept invoice less 500 rebate, but add $500 in fees. I am still looking for a better deal.
  • iluvmysephia1iluvmysephia1 Member Posts: 7,704
    for an example around here in Elko, NV, they list a 2011 Ford Fiesta S sedan with 5-speed manual tranny for $14,490. There is that $500 manufactuer's rebate. And on the back window is the "Market Adjustment" sticker for $500 and though that sticker can be ignored I really dont trust that the final price would be just $13,990 + tax and license. The $13,990 does include the destination charge.

There always tends to be a vague "fee" that appears at final purchase time.

2021 Kia Soul LX 6-speed stick

• matroskinmatroskin Member Posts: 3
    Update:
    I just got a red SE hatchback with 203A, winter and ambient lighting packages. $200 under invoice and no dealer fees. A second dealer was ready to match the deal on a less equiped model.

Happy New Year to everyone.
  • puffin1puffin1 Member Posts: 276
    edited January 2011
    SES 301 spec, moonroof,one heated set and 6spd auto. I don't think that's a deal. :lemon:
  • hackattack5hackattack5 Member Posts: 315
    edited February 2011
    Fiesta SES Hatchback Sticker = $19,600 (Dealer discount -$685.00) (Rebate -$500.00) (Car show rebate -$500.00) (Ford private offer -$750.00) Total before tax and title $17,165 Cincinnati. Picking it up tomorrow so $3.39 a gallon gas you can kiss my @$$
  • iamziamz Member Posts: 542
    That's an excelent deal!
  • vortix1vortix1 Member Posts: 22
    What dealer? I'm in Cleveland, but am willing to travel for the right deal.
  • Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,948
    Will have to try the Fiesta/Focus models before we buy in 2012 just to see what Ford has done lately. We're not Ford buyers but want to see all the competition in the economy car class so we can make an informed decision. Like the looks of the Fiesta but not so much on the Focus...kinda odd since they are very similar. Leaning towards the Elantra & the Verano now as possible choices...that'll be four with the Ford two. Not sure what else right now. Already own a Civic LX & a Mazda3s so we wnat something entirely different. :)

The Sandman :) :sick: :shades:

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• vortix1vortix1 Member Posts: 22
    edited April 2011
    Got an '11 Fiesta SES hatchback w/ 301A rapid spec pkg, moonroof, leather, and 6-spd automatic transmission for $20,163.92 ($100 below invoice). Received $500 customer cash + $500 auto show bonus cash + $500 student rebate, bringing cost down to $18,663.92 before tax/title/registration/doc fee. Located near Cleveland, OH. Almost any dealer in the Cleveland area should be willing to sell any Fiesta on their lot for $100 under invoice.
  • dprivendpriven Member Posts: 10
    '11 Hatch SE:

SFE Package
    Automatic
    Sirius/Lighting package
    Sync (package 201A)
    I had a 5-button keypad (like my old taurus) put on the car.

I purchased it through carsdirect.com, and I was very happy with that process. MSRP was about 18,350, plus installation for the keypad. I paid $16,610. That included an extra $500 dealer incentive for President's day weekend.

Carsdirect is in effect a broker. You arrange it through them and then go to a dealer to pick up the car. They also arranged for a loan so I was able to match the Ford Credit interest rate on the loan (2.9%) _and_ get the $500 rebate.

The best thing was that since my loan and purchase were all arranged ahead of time, the "finance manager" (where the dealer usually tries to pack on lo jack and pre-paid maintenance and fabric treatment etc.) figured I was a lost cause and didn't bother with the hard sell. What an improvement!

One thing I would change: I wouldn't pay for installation of the keypad. The installation instructions came with the operating instructions, and it's child's play. I paid $130 for what would have taken 15 minutes and no tools. Live and learn....
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited January 2014

If you are a parent of young children (at least one under 12 years old) who owns a 2012-14 Ford Fiesta, a reporter would like for you to fill out a survey for use in a print publication. Please email [email protected] later than Wednesday, January 8, 2014, for a copy of the survey.