Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

When will 2011 Corolla will show up?

tim163tim163 Member Posts: 1
Planning to buy a Corolla. I didn't like the 2010 model. Any ideas when will 2011 would show up? I need a car fast, I wonder it would be worth to wait.

Comments

• fredvhfredvh Member Posts: 857
    edited August 2010
    The 2011 model is the same body style as the 2010. There will be some minor cosmetic changes but a make-over is not due until the 2013 or 2014 model. I have a 2006 and am very pleased with it.
  • samnoesamnoe Member Posts: 731
    edited August 2010
    You have a 2006 and you are pleased - that's correct. Models prior to 2009 were much better than current models.

Toyota does not reveal anything about the 2011's, but there will most probably be more than just "some minor cosmetic changes". We can be assured that they will improve the interior quality, improve steering feel, and some more issues that so many drivers are complaining about.

As of now, the Corolla is from the lower rated compact cars, The Mazda3, Honda Civic, and Hyundai Elantra are all rated much better and drivers are more happy than with the Corolla. And with Chevy bringing the excellent Cruze in a month or 2, and Ford the new Focus next year, Toyota has no choice but play catch up...
  • ntassistantntassistant Member Posts: 64
    You said a mouthful and are so correct! I could not agree any more with your speculations about the 2011 Corolla. Toyota definitely has some "house cleaning" to do with the current generation Corolla. Both mechanically and cosmetic for that matter. This explains the delay of the 2011 model year production. Production of 2011s are to begin this November and the cars should show up at dealerships in December or January. This production schedule has never occurred as far back as I can recall. Typically, Toyota introduces the new model year Corolla in early spring each year, between late March through early May. Same for Camry, as the 2011 Camry came out this March.

I drove a 2010 Corolla LE as a rental last month for 10 days and could not believe how poor the quality and workmanship was compared to my former car, a 2004 Corolla LE! Wow, did they really cut corners on this generation. Cheap, cheap, cheap in every way. Very frustrating to see Toyota do this, but hopefully they'll pay attention to customer complaints and actually do something about it! We can only hope improvements are made.
    I came across some information regarding the 2011 Corolla. It seems as though Toyota is going to discontinue production of the XLE and XRS models for 2011. Three models will be offered, Base, LE, and S. Other changes include colors. Blue Streak, Desert Sand Mica, and Capri Sea Metalllic have all been discontinued. Sandy Beach replaces the Desert Sand and Nautical Blue replaces the Blue Streak. Supposedly no green color will be offered. As far as physical and mechanical changes, no info. is provided.

http://www.autobytel.com/content/research/chooser/index.cfm/action/selecttrim/ma- ke_vch/Toyota/model_vch/Corolla
  • terceltomterceltom Member Posts: 1,024
    You buying one?
    The link that you provided says "available in 5 trims, ranging from the Base (M5) to the S (A4)".

So the only information we've got is about the colors. What about productions and release dates? And most important, what upgrades???
    What upgrades would you like to see?
  • smallcar1smallcar1 Member Posts: 76
    Fix the awful steering and brakes. I test drove an S with 7 miles on it. The steering had no feel and the car started to drfit to the left at 40 MPH. On the first touch it felt like the brakes had no effect. The steering on my '96 Altima with 75K felt tighter than the Corolla's steering.

A RAV4 is built on the same platform so it is possible to put steering that is fine on that platform.

If the steering and brakes was only average Toyota would sell even more of them because the seats are more comfortable than Mazda3 and the ride is smoother and quieter than Mazda 3 or Civic.
    What makes you think I could fix "your awful steering". No problems with mine!
  • backybacky Member Posts: 18,949
    RAV4 used to be based on the Corolla platform, but as of 2006 MY I don't think that is the case.
    I think I am going to keep my Avalon for a few years. Thought about trading it in for a Corolla, but I am actually getting accustomed to the Avalon. Love the room and the comfortable ride. However, I miss the smooth transmission on my 04 Corolla. No gear hunting, pulling back or "confusion". As mentioned in previous discussions, I am disappointed with the lack of quality materials and workmanship with the current Corollas.

I predict Toyota is going to produce the 2011 Corolla from December 2010 thru late spring 2011. Then introduce 2012s in early summer and produce thru winter 2011. By spring 2012, Toyota may introduce the new generation Corolla. There is defnitely a reason why Toyota waited this long to begin production of the 2011 Corolla.

On another note, no specific info. is provided about the steering for the 2011 (on the link I posted earlier, autobytel). However, "Electric" isn't mentioned. Could Toyota be doing away with the electric power steering?
    I apologize. The link mentions 5 models. However, I did not specify that the Base and the S models also come with a standard manual transmission. So in addition to the LE, S, Base automatic, a total of 5 models should be offered. Again, I don't know how reliable this info. is. No information on the XLE or XRS models, both VERY hard to find models here in New England. If they're truly doing away with these models, then they definitely SHOULD include more features or available options on the LE. On the autobytel site, I didn't even see navigation, JBL package, or leather package available on the LE and S models. JBL and leather are currently both available on the 2010 S model. As far as a 5 speed automatic transmission, it doesn't look like Toyota is going to offer it in the 2011 Corollas. In my honest opinion, I don't think Toyota is going to be doing any big improvements for the 2011 Corolla.

Regarding production dates, Toyota should begin building the 2011 Corollas in November and they should be arriving to dealers in December or early January. This is from a reliable source, PHH Arval, a vehicle fleet management company. Here is a link to the production schedule, which seems to be very accurate, based upon current Toyotas.

http://phharval.com/images/stories/News-and-Media/Motor-Company-News/US/2010/030- 910ToyotaUS2.pdf
    Either way you'll be fine. I guess you can't beat the Avalon for ride, comfort and features. I don't believe the EPS will be going away with the the Corollas. This is the steering of the future! They'll probrably be refining it though as some are having problems.
  • seistronseistron Member Posts: 7
    Geez, I rent 2010 Corollas all the time and was so impressed with them that I bought one as a scooter to run errands. The only problem was a rattle in the lower left dash. I got that fixed myself and don't have any more rattles. It is funny though, once I noticed that rattle, I started to notice it on all the rental Corollas. I removed the little storage tray door under the remote mirror buttons and found the rattle in the same place on 5 of the Corollas I rented from Hertz. This must be a common problem. If you bang on the bottom of the dash, (just below the steering wheel), you can duplicate this annoying noise. If this noise is driving you crazy, this is where it is coming from!
    edited September 2010
    "... In my honest opinion, I don't think Toyota is going to be doing any big improvements for the 2011 Corolla..."

What makes you think so? How else can you explain the unusual delayed arrival of the 2011 models, which should've gone on sale on Feb. 2010 (like Toyota does with most other models)?

Toyota is definitely doing a lot of things wrong lately. No question about it, and no matter how much "telercom" is gonna scream the opposite. Just take a look in any other models forums, like the new Sienna, Highlander, all which have been top choices a few years back, are now mediocre at best.

The Corolla is among the bottom on the list for most educated shoppers, and, as mentioned before, with the arrival of the Chevy Cruze this month and New Ford Focus in another few months, there will be no single reason to choose the Corolla over any competitor.

We're all sure Toyota is noticing, and they're taking action. And that's the reason for the 2011 delay. There should be improvements in the steering -- and if it will be done right, it will be a "major" improvement. And there will most probably be an improvement in the quality of materials. All these is just common sense, especially after all the bad public relations Toyota had recently, with the Corolla among many other popular models.
    FWIW, C/D singled out the 2011 Corolla as perhaps the one Toyota model that will have significant changes for 2011. They said details are not available, but the car would be announced at the LA Auto Show.
    Came across this article while conducting a search on Google. It looks like the Corolla COULD POSSIBLY be redesigned in and out. I don't know how reliable this article is, but could definitely explain the delay of the the 2011 Corolla production until late this year.

http://www.prlog.org/10930220-florida-toyota-dealer-to-welcome-2011-corolla-this- -december.html
    There will be very minor changes when the 2011 debuts in December, but the shape will remain the same. The major redesign is to take place in 2013 for the 2014 model year.
    edited September 2010
    The article is portraying the 2011 to be much better than what we have available now. I don't expect to see a completely different style Corolla for 2011. What I expect to see is an improved Corolla with better quality materials and features/options available, to compete with similar cars in the compact class.
    http://pressroom.toyota.com/pr/tms/toyota/2011-toyota-corolla-178740.aspx?link_p- age_rss=178740&siteid=DMG_rss_201011_RLA_explan_toynew_Toyota+Vehicles%3A+2011+T- oyota+Corolla+Debuts+at+LA+Auto+Show

In my opinion, another disappointment. XLE and XRS models dropped. No significant changes, just a mid cycle refresh. I can't believe they waited this long to "unveil" the 2011 Corolla at the LA Auto Show.
    edited November 2010
    Agreed. Much less than I expected based on hints on the refresh. Just a nose job, tail tweak, and a few updates inside (although the dash looks pretty much the same from what I could tell from the photos). It means I think the Corolla will have a tough time against some very tough, new competition in 2011: Focus and Festiva, Cruze, and Elantra are all-new designs, with significantly higher FE than the Corolla (yet with more power), and more advanced powertrains e.g. 6-speed automatics.
  • aladdinsanealaddinsane Member Posts: 182
    The 2011 version of the Corolla is a disappointment in more ways than one, speaking for myself. The only reasons I would even consider purchasing this machine (the S version) would be its reputation as being "bullet proof" as far as reliability/dependability is concerned but I find its shape boring, as it's almost invisible, so to speak, when so many are seen driving them about. There's nothing truly distinguishable about its shape. NOTHING! Yet it continues to be a sales leader. Why? Some folks want a machine that runs without problems down the line of ownership. I can understand it being such a sales leader for that reason alone.
    I only wish Toyota gave the Corolla more of an edge in the marketplace by giving it an OnStar or Sync type feature. I'm pretty sure said feature would set it apart from the other Asian brands. The Focus and new Cruze have Sync and OnStar respectively and as much as I like this safety feature I'm really not interested in either machine to own. Toyota is making so many mistakes lately, IMHO. The brand is no longer the leader it once was. A pity.
    Peace!<-AladdinSane-<- :shades: -
    Interesting, you speak of the Toyota(Corolla) as "still being the sales leader" but then you contradict yourself and say it's "not being the leader it once was". By your own admission you say you see so many of them around. Well who's buying them then? Those that want an economical "bullet proof" car as far as reliability/dependability with great gas mileage and a good safety record to boot, that's who. I think if you want more of a performer you would choose another "brand". I don't think equipping it with OnStar or some Sync type feature would really change it's "boring shape" or make it more "invisible" as you put it, do you?
    From an article on October's sales leaders:

In fact, the only major automaker to see a dip was Toyota, down 0.9% from October 2009. Why? It was mainly due to a sales dip among the Toyota brand and uber-popular models like the Corolla, which was down 25% compared with the same month last year.

http://blogs.cars.com/kickingtires/2010/11/top-10-best-selling-cars-october-2010- .html#more

Still selling well, yes. That's what a great long-term reputation does for you. But slipping. Badly. Which means others are gaining. Of the four new designs I mentioned, the Festiva and Cruze just went on sale a few weeks ago and the Focus and Elantra haven't arrived yet. But they will soon. (BTW, the Jetta is new for 2011 also and aimed squarely at competitors like the Corolla.) Meaning more strong competition for the nearly-unchanged Corolla in 2011. The article above noted the Civic dropped off the Top 10 list in October. It hasn't had a redesign since late 2005. It's still a good car--economical, reliable--sounds a lot like the Corolla, yes? But the competition is getting newer, and better, while Toyota and Honda stand pat. I don't think it bodes well for Corolla sales (or Civic) in 2011.
    edited November 2010
    Toyota IS a sales leader, only it isn't as strong a sales leader as it once was.
    Who buys the Corolla?
    Drivers who want to get from point A to B without a hassle.
    The Corolla IS an appliance, much like a toaster or refrigerator.
    It runs, and runs well...but it's BORING.
    To those who purchase this vehicle, most don't care much about driving...they just want something reliable to get from A to B.
    It IS bullet proof, as an automobile should be.
    As a performer, as you state?
    It's NOT.
    If I did go with the S I would do so because I don't want headaches upon owning it.
    I certainly would tweak its looks, pimp it out in a certain way.
    But that's my way of thinking.
    Yes, OnStar and/or a Sync feature would help for those wanting more peace of mind with an automobile that has been recalled for malfunctions.
    You are offensive, and VERY much mistaken.
    Sarcasm at its worst.
    U have your opinion?
    Fine.
    But don't put down another's point of view.
    Peace!<-AladdinSane-<- :shades: -
    I will NOT reply to any further posts by you.
    Fin-
    edited November 2010
    "...Interesting, you speak of the Toyota (Corolla) as "still being the sales leader" but then you contradict yourself and say it's "not being the leader it once was..."

True, it may still be the "sales" leader, since most (uneducated?) people still believe that Toyota makes the best cars, and, as mentioned above, that's what great long-term reputation does for you. And the main reason is, the competitors are just coming out. The Cruze was just recently released, Focus & Elantra are coming soon. It remains to be seen if Toyota will still be the "sales" leader.

But what he (probably) meant with "not being the leader it once was", is in terms of innovation, design, features, hi-tech, quality, and more... Toyota Corolla may soon be the lowest rated scompact sedan :cry:
    edited November 2010
    The link over there shows the CLOCK still at the bottom of the center stack! The center stack still looks the same as the pre-2011, except for a newer stereo!

And I hate those steering wheels which are straightened out at the bottom!

And still no word about any change in the steering! I can't believe it.

I also can't understand what took them soooo long to come up with the "long awaited" 2011 model.
    edited November 2010
    "True, it may still be the "sales" leader, since most (uneducated?) people still believe that Toyota makes the best cars"

I don't know what "education" has to do with someones experience with their own vehicles. I consider myself highly educated and I just love the Corolla and still think they are, and will continue to be the safest most reliable cars made. In fact in another thread you boast yourself about the Toyota Sienna's "elegance". I'm sure you don't consider yourself "uneducated" do you? I'd pick a proven winner, Toyota, over a first tear edition, unproven vehicle like the "Cruze" anyday.
  • joeyrabjoeyrab Member Posts: 65
    I have been a Toyota fan for a long time. Everytime Toyota knocked someone out of position heading towards #1, I said nothing. I just knew they made the best cars and that is that. I am saddened though that when papa Toyoda died and his grandson figured "let's get to #1 faster", it meant cutting corners. If Mattel wanted to build a car, we would let them, (it would still be better than ford, chrysler or GM), but that's just another brand to compete with. Toyota should and I think will realize it's not just them anymore on the playing field and go back to the wrecking machine it once was. Not to mention, these quality issues are all over the place, it isn't just Toyota, AND look at someone like Chrysler, God, I wouldn't buy a sled for my kid made from them. But you won't here about their mistakes, and alot of this has to do with them being domestic and the trouble the US automakers were/are in. God forbid we print soemthing "negative" about them. I owned American cars. They are no better today than they were 10 years ago. I will only buy Japanese, preferably a Toyota.
    Well said !
    From "the car connection" (.com) first drive review of the 2011 Hyundai Elantra:

"The Elantra isn't perfect. And it isn't quite the game-changer that the Sonata is. But 40 mpg; a sleek, sophisticated look; and even more value for the money confirm that this little sedan has officially left the Corolla in the dust..."
    edited December 2010
    And how will that car be in 3 yrs 6months? I just havent seen or even heard that Hyundai's hang in there like toyota and honda....and I dont mean elantras that went 160,000 miles after putting in $3,000...
    Where's Papa Toyoda when you need him? Oh yah, he died. Maybe his grandson should have stayed in Japan for his college years instead of getting corrupted by our "carefree and lax" way of learning...no I'm not saying your lazy, but the work ethic in Japan smokes ours, and apparently something made grandson Toyoda worship the buck, (American way), and not the quality his papa set out to do.
  • cleanwindowscleanwindows Member Posts: 1
    Well, I have about 300,000 miles on my 2006 Corolla and only casually looked to see what is coming. Maybe they don't make Corollas like they used to in Fremont, California, but things change. Mine went through bad mountain roads from mountains to deserts to lava beds, in snow, mud, sand, and weeds. Also goes fast from the Bay Area to Sacramento on I-80 and on narrow valley roads all the time. CHP often thinks I drive too fast but mostly just asks me to drive the limit, as a 'favor'. Oh yeah and a license plate bulb went out around midnight on the Avenue of the Giants and they had to check that out in pot season, but no ticket. It must bore them a lot to see me driving fast compared to all the SUV's I pass. Every once in a while I replace the pins that hold the cardboard undergarments in place, but the ground clearance works nicely with some judicial routefinding. Lots of power with the 5 speed at 32 mpg or better if I ever slowed down. Who cares about the family history of this huge company? Figure about 500,000 miles and I might look for a new one. Have to go change the wiper blades, bye.
    I am so glad you said that. Toyota is my favorite automobile manufacturer. When they were bumping off everybody I was quietly "giggling" inside. I have been burned by every American auto maker and nothing but Toyota's have done my family right. Our 2001 Corolla has about 200,000 miles on it. I think I have been listening to others on the site...someone made a comment about Toyota's engines "blowing up before 100,000 miles on them", something to do with this guy, K Wantanabe. Some japanese Toyota leader....some don't like him...I don't know the story why, but I can't see Toyota laying down when the chips are down. They'll be back on top rockin everyones rearend again. And when I drive my new corolla in the next year or so, (maybe Yaris S), I can feel good I made the right decision..which I still feel they are the best car on the road.....even now...
    2011 is around the corner. When will the models show up?
    Does anyone know if the automatic on/off headlights are still standard on the 2011 Corolla? I know they come with daytime running lights that turn on automatically regardless of whether it's light out or not. For 2010 Corollas and earlier years dating back to 2003, there used to be a small black light sensor located on the dashboard next to the vent for the defroster. I was looking at the 2011s earlier today and did not see the sensor. There is a housing for the sensor, but no sensor seems to be visible. When I had my 2004 Corolla, I used to love not having to touch the light switch as the lights would automatically go on & off as needed by the sensor. It would be a shame if Toyota took this neat little feature away. If anyone knows for sure, can you please confirm?
  • dchevdchev Member Posts: 38
    2011 Toyota Corolla S does not have auto on/off headlights. LE might have them....but I doubt it.
    I agree with you that they should have them not only on Corolla, but also on all other Toyotas....
    If this makes you happy, the 2010-11 Prius does not have them either....
    Thank you for your reply. You're right, auto on/off headlights have been eliminated across the Corolla lineup. But yet the housing for the sensor is fitted on the dashboards. Toyota's marketing division must have decided last minute to save money and eliminate this feature to save them "big" money! I really don't know what Toyota is thinking these days. Just a continuous pattern of them cutting costs (eliminating once standard equipment) yet they continue to raise prices (MSRPs) every model year across their vehicle lineup. This is a huge disappointment and the entire company is getting to be a huge disappointment. I'll admit that I am a big fan of Toyota as they build reliable cars. However, when the cost cutting is so obvious and the company isn't investing money in cars they build, you have to ask yourself, "What are they thinking?"

IF I were to purchase a 2011 Corolla, the auto on/off headlights would have been a selling point for me in determining to purchase. I would not consider the Corolla at this point and I think many others would agree as the competition is really strong in the compact class. A real shame as Corolla was once the class leader.
    I just purchased 2011 Corolla S and I love it so far! Yes, there is no auto on/off headlights; however, there are so many more things that Toyota has upgraded to 2011. For instance:
    -power steering is EPS rack and pinion, so it is pleasure to drive it.
    -cabin is very quiet.
    -ride is excellent.
    -auto transmission is smooth (it is still 4 speed; however, it is smooth and gas millage is great so far, and this is February).
    -seats are comfortable.
    -upgraded stereo is worth the money with BT connection and nicer speakers.
    -large trunk space (changed a little bit for 2011).
    -front and back of the car is more attractive (this is subjective). It looks something between new Avalon face, combined with previous generation Mazda 6 and something else that is totally Toyota (conservative exterior, but still bold and probably looking not dated for more years to come...
    -Wheels are nice.
    -Good view from inside/out.
    -Engine auto power on/off-part of STAR system.
    -Engine is very potent.
    -Nice auto-dimming mirror (if you add it to the car).
    -Dash board illumination at night is nice.
    -back seats go flat.
    -engine uses 0W20 oil, which is synthetic.
    -2 years complimentary oil changes, ballancing and rotating of your tires!

I can go on and on, but I also do not like some things such as:
    -hard plastic across the whole interior. It is not that bad; but they could have changed it with some softer material and charge us additionally some $200 dollars. I would have agree to pay this amount, but I will be more satisfied with vehicle...
    -no auto on/off head lights, but as I said in my previous post, even Prius does not have them and this is $30,000 car????

I like the exterior and interior of new Elantra, but I still believe that the Corolla is a better value car! You will love it more or less, not to mention that it is reliable transportation.
    It is not a race car, but it has a comfortable ride, good space, and good gas millage. The engine might be "only" 132hp, but the car is not that heavy and moves fast.

I still would go and test drive the S model at least along with any other car you have considered to research and maybe purchase.
    Good Luck!:)
    Thank you for your in depth reply about your new Corolla and congratulations with your purchase! Don't get me wrong, I really like the Corolla. I just contacted Toyota and chatted with a product specialist who confirmed the auto on/off headlights are completely discontinued across the Corolla lineup. In my 04 Corolla, I LOVED this feature. It too had DRL, but I just liked not having to ever tinker with lights as the sensor worked so well. It was just neat to have this feature standard on a car in this class. As I questioned why they discontinued this feature, they couldn't explain but several factors determine the decision. As mentioned, Toyota first introduced this technology back in 2003 for the 9th generation Corolla. I really hate to see it go but it's reality!

I agree with you that there are improvements with the 2011 Corolla. I like the exterior refresh and I also like the new blue, Nautical Blue. This color is very sharp and reminds me of my 04 Corolla in Indigo Ink Pear If I were to purchase, I would probably get the LE. I never really thought about the S model. Did you test drive both models and prefer the S? What are your current average MPGs? I read mixed reviews of people who claim the Corollas get much less than expected MPGs. Thank you again for your input!
    Wow, are you saying you actually have to manually put the headlights on and off? That's just crazy, why would they just eleminate such a standardized feature on most new cars? I love this feature!

You can expect to get 24 mpg city or 39 mpg highway with a new Corolla.
    Tell me about it, I am just as shocked! I loved this feature on the Corolla as it was "smart". I just can't understand why they did away with it. So, DRL are standard still and the dash (speedometer and guages) illuminate regardless of lighting conditions in/outside of vehicle? I can imagine many drivers forgetting to manually turn on headlights while driving as it gets darker outside! You obviously have the headlights on because the tail lights aren't on unless lights are manually turned on. In my opinion, I see it as a safety issue as people who know Corollas dating back to 2003 were accustomed to this neat, worry free feature.

While searching on OEM parts on dealer website, there is a sensor listed for Corolla model years 2009-2011, even though no such sensor is equipped in 2011 models. As mentioned in earlier posts, the housing (small circular dot) is made in the dashboards in the former location of the sensor, when formerly equipped. My question is, will it be possible for people to have this sensor installed on 2011 Corollas? I can imagine it may be possible, but the labor would be outrageous as it is electrical and components would need to be moved around the dash to accommodate. Just wondering!
    I got used to not having auto on/off headlights:)
    You have DRL; however, guages on dash do not illuminate during the day. Thus, you will not have the problem of forgeting to turn on lights at night.
    It is early to talk about gas millage. I just did my first fill up at 250 miles, and my gas millage was 30.5 MPG. However, 75% of my driving was in the city, so I believe that gas millage will go up during spring, summer, and fall.
    If I get 35-36 MPG, I will be happy:)
    I found out today that seats on S model are a little bit larger... They provide better support for the body.
  • radiozenerradiozener Member Posts: 1
    In my opinion the 2011 sucks!!! I had a 2010 S (15k miles) which I really loved. Unfortunately, I got T-boned and the car was totaled out last week. I called my dealer and asked him about getting the 2011 with exactly the same features as my beloved 2010. I drove 120 miles to his dealership to get the car. Boy was I disappointed driving home, The 2011 did not have the tie down "D" rings in the trunk. Next, I put my TomTom NAV in the center console and found that the power outlet had been removed. This was important to me, because I plug my Blu-Tooth earpiece into a cigarette lighter charging adapter near where the AUX audio input is located, but I can't do that now because the TOM TOM is plugged in to that. Now I know you are going to say "but the new 2011 comes Blu-Tooth compatible radio". My old BT earpiece is better than the 2011's built-in BT. The 2011's BT keeps a separate phone book from the ONE ON YOU PHONE. now you have to maintain 2 phone books!! What a hassle!! Finally, the new fancier stereo comes with a major problem - they sacrificed quality for quantity. It sounds awful! Trumpets sound shrill, the bass is muddy and unnatural, and Michale Buble's silky smooth voice sounds similar to Robert Shaw dragging his fingernails across the chalkboard in the movie "JAWS". It probably sounds fine to those who are tone deaf... Oh, and did I mention that the I was driving the car home in the dark when I realized it didn't have Automatic ON/OFF Headlights. I should never have gotten the 2011 and just bought a used 2010!
    Yes, I completely agree with you on everything you've mentioned! I too would be disappointed knowing I purchased a new car with "expected" features found in last year's model! I can't figure out why Toyota is making these poor decisions by cutting costs (eliminating once common, practical standard features as found in last model year) thinking customers aren't going to notice these obvious details. In my opinion, the 2011 Corolla is by far one of the worst model years ever built. I don't see any 2011s on the road at all (only rentals). Honestly in my region, there are still a lot of new 2010s on dealer lots. I think this says something about the current generation Corolla. I hope Toyota realizes they really screwed up with this year's Corolla and they MAKE NECESSARY changes for it to survive in 2012 and thereafter.
    edited March 2011
    So you bought this new car sight unseen ? ? ? I guess I would ask why the big rush ? Now your stuck with it! I gotta tell ya though, I'm a very big Toyota fan, (as everyone on this site would attest to), but if I were in the market for another car I would steer away from the new Corolla also as I, like you, would definitely miss all of those features they did away with also. I like the Mazda 3 more and more evry time I look at it. Perhaps Toyota is trying to push the Camry, saving all of those features for that model.
    edited March 2011
    After considering the '11 Corolla "S" for purchase, and reading the latest posts here concerning Toyota's eliminating certain features once available, I'm afraid this machine is OFF my small list of new vehicles to check out.

Wotta pity.

Toyota sure has blown it, BIG time, with the 2011 Corolla. :cry:

Peace!<-AladdinSane<- :shades: -
  • nativegirlnativegirl Member Posts: 1
    I purchased a 2011 corolla LE, from day one I have had a problem with it miss fireing, took it in four times already they can't fix it need less to say I'm frustrated seening as I'ev only had it two months.I don't worry about it not having auto head lights I worry about it dying on me going down the road. Has any one else had this problem ? nativegirl
  • edscorollaedscorolla Member Posts: 3
    The headrests on my new 2011 Corollla S move up on their own as I drive. this eventually creates an uncomforable driving position for me. Is the what "active" headrests are supposed to do? Any similar experiences from fellow owners? I have not yet brought this up with Toyota.