Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevrolet Cruze Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,588
What did you pay to Cruze?

Edmunds Price Checker
Edmunds Lease Calculator
Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Comments

• steven39steven39 Member Posts: 636
    went down to my local chevy dealer down here in pembroke pines fla to check out a 2011 chevy cruze LS they just got in....msrp for this vehicle includeing destination and connectivity package is $18,295.00.....dealer would not budge from the msrp price stateing that this is a hot car now and new.i offered $17,000.00 and was flatly denied...
    edited October 2010
    hi folks,been in the market for a compact car and just recieved a internet quote from a local chevy dealer down here in pembroke pines fla.msrp for 2011 chevy cruze LS is $18,295.00 which includes the conectivity package as the only option.conectivity package includes the bluetooth for phone,USB port,and steering wheel mounted controls for audio and bluetooth...i found this price pretty high and it's only a 400.00 discount from the msrp and way above the edmunds invoice amount as well..also,this cruze LS doesn't come with standard cruise control,or rear disk brakes either and has manual operated side mirrors...just for comparison reasons,i walked across the street to a mazda dealership to compare a 2011 mazda 3 i touring model which had a msrp of $19,500.00 and was told from dealer i could purchase this car for $18,000.00...only $200.00 more than the 2011 chevy cruze LS quote that i received...mazda 3 i touring model had a ton more features than the cruze inclueding 148 HP,4-wheel disk brakes,cruise control,power side mirrors,and standard bluetooth and the best resale value in it's class..this was a no brainer for me and i purchased the mazda 3 and then went back across the street and laughed at the chevy dealer for trying to sell me the cruze for basically the same price...the cruze is way over-priced,under-powered,don't know how chevy thinks that this car will compete with others in this class unless they lower the price substancially.....the quote i recieved from the chevy dealer for the 2011 chevy cruze LS was for $17,800.00...a total rip-off......
  • dodgeman07dodgeman07 Member Posts: 574
    If you can get almost $2,000 off a 2011 Mazda 3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A) that lists for $19,745 - Buy it!

By all means! Unless somebody sees the front end of the hideous thing, $2K off a new 2011 is a good deal. Bring some earplugs with you too. The road noise in the Mazda can lead to hearing loss after 2-3 hours on the highway.
  • dispencer2dispencer2 Member Posts: 299
    The Cruze will be a hot item until the dealers begin to be flooded with them. I looked at it today. I didn't drive it but I was amazed at how close this small car is priced to a new much larger base Malibu with tons of standard equipment, 33 on the road, and the comfortable ride associated with a mid sized car. I've rented Malibus for long distance trips and will buy one this winter. All the automobile writers love the Cruze now but soon it will be a has been like the Cobalt that they loved originally and compared to the Cavalier. It is all marketing BS. You are right. You bought a Mazda which is a great car but I would have bought a 2010 Malibu at $5,000 off MSRP.. I have a 2009 Cobalt Coupe (Victory Red) and it looks a lot neater than the Cruze. I've also driven it on long distance drives. On my last trip back from Albuquerque (215 miles) I averaged 42.3. I also don't need a Turbo in order to pass people on the road (and I have a 1LT model - not the SS).You made a good decision. I wasn't impressed with the Cruze. Back seat space is nil and the exterior design should appeal to Camry buyers.
    by the way,i bet your 2009 cobalt with it's stock 155 HP will smoke the cruze's 138 HP turbo or not...
    I haven't had any problem passing at 50 or 60. I have an automatic too. You have to make sure that you have adequate room to pass. You won't hit 90 like I do with my Cadillac by the time you get around a semi but it is OK with the Cobalt. My main objection to the Cruze is the price. The base price is just too close to a Malibu and the base Malibu comes with all the standard equipment that most people require. Most of this is optional on the Cruze.. You might sacrifice a few miles to the gallon but it should be a far more comfortable ride, especially if you have anybody in the back seat other than small children. It won't take long until something new comes along and then Consumer Reports and the car magazines will start panning it just like they did with the "unloved"Cobalt.
    just got emailed from my local chevy dealer again about the 2011 chevy cruze LS with auto,and connectivity package...msrp is $18,400.00 and his quote is for $17,800.00 and he says he can't budge from that number..emailed him back saying that i already purchased a mazda 3 i touring for $18,000.00 and includes standard cruise control,power side mirrors,rear disk brakes,ect..chevy cruze LS did not have these features....infact,i haven't driven a car that has manual side mirrors since my first car which was a 1975 ford pinto station wagon..almost $18,000.00 for a car without power side mirrors???even the basic kia and hyundai cars have this as standard feature....i cruised away from the cruze........
    Wait till next year. GM is famous for deleting what standard equipment there is and including it in expensive packages so that you can't get something without getting other stuff that you might not want. The nice thing about the Malibu is that the base model comes with most of the features people want - power windows, power mirrors, cruise, automatic, etc. With the current rebate on a base Malibu it would be easy to get it down to the price of a Cruze or very close. Frankly I'm amazed that the dealer came down at all considering that millions of people are probably standing in line to have the first Cruze in town!
    Here's a review from a buyer who drove the Mazda3 and Cruze back to back:

"I've also recently driven a slew of Cruze competitors. I recently rented a Mazda 3, with it's mouse fur headliner, uncomfortable driving position, lack of amenities, noisiness, etc. It's like night and day. Why anyone would pick the 3 over the Cruze is beyond me. The Cruze is just lightyears ahead of the Mazda."
    i hate to burst your bubble here or den't your enthusiasm for the cruze but here are the facts...the cruze is a over-priced underpowered ripoff..as per my recent post.i went to check out a 2011 chevy cruze LS recently at my local chevy dealer.msrp for the cruze LS that i looked at was $18,400.00 and included the connectivity package as the only option.no cruise control,manually operated side mirrors,no rear disk brakes and only 138 HP...i found 18,400.00 alot of money for a car that doesn't have these features when other cars at the same price level do..plain and simple...the mazda 3 i touring that i purchased after looking at the cruze does have these features for the same price...my internet quote for the 2011 chevy cruze that i described was for $17,800.00...way to much to be without the features that i wanted..on the other hand,the mazda 3 i touring i purchased was for $18,000.00 and has a ton more standard features and way better resale value....sorry,but in this economic climate people need to make smart decisions about car purchases and the cruze's price to standard features ratio just doesn't cut it for me......
    edited November 2010
    If you're willing to buy last years model that helps - a lot. Comparing a 2010 Mazda3 that that does not have 10 Air Bags or the quietness or ride quality of the Cruze? Come on - justify the purchase to yourself - not us. The sticker price of a comparably equipped 2011 Mazda3 Touring is $900 higher than a 2011 Cruze 1LT. The Cruze LT has a base price of $18,175 and is a safer, quieter, smoother car with a better warranty. The Cruze is larger than the Mazda, the Mazda has inferior fuel economy numbers, offers no trip computer or OnStar or Satellite radio. The Cruze has a 6-sp automatic rated at 36mpg highway, the Mazda3 a 5-sp auto and is rated at 33mpg hwy.

The Cruze produces torque where it counts, at low RPM. Quoting 6000RPM HP figures doesn't mean much. Did you drive a Cruze LT? The Mazda3 has to wound out to 4500RPM to produce 135 lb-ft of torque. The Cruze produces 148 lb-ft at 1850RPM where you can use it.

If all you looked at was an 2011 LS model and compare it to a 2010 Mazda3i Touring model that was marked down 10% then yes - the Mazda3 might have been a good choice, if you are willing to accept a one year old car with less warranty, lower mileage, poorer refinement, fewer features and is less safe to save 2 grand over a newer Cruze LT.
    again,the 2011 cruze is a underpowered overpriced ripoff.i'll say it again.i compared a 2011 chevy cruzeLS model that had auto,and the connectivity package as the only option.connectivity package included the bluetooth,and steering wheel mounted controls for both the bluetooth and audio...msrp was $18,400.00 and did not include cruise control,power side mirrors,or rear disk brakes..i found this msrp high when you consider that other cars that cost as much have these features as standard equipment.i walked across the street to the mazda dealer to compare the cruze with a 2011 mazda i touring model that had standard cruise control,power side mirrors,rear disk brakes,better resale value,and much better handling..the chevy cruze actually felt inferior to the mazda 3 and felt cheap by comparison..the quote that i got from the chevy dealer for the 2011 chevy cruze LS was for $17,800.00..way above the edmunds invoice price and the dealer would not budge from that...bottom line,i purchased the 2011 mazda 3 i touring for $17,990.00 plus TTT with all the standard features that i desrcibed here that the cruze didn't have..i cruised away from the cruze...lol
    That's a good deal on a 2011 Mazda3 i Touring model that stickers for $20,200 as you've described. Comparing an up level Mazda to base Cruze doesn't make much sense to me but if you get $2200 knocked off the sticker price of a 2011, that's pretty good.

You got less warranty, refinement, worse mileage and safety and lower useable torque but hey, the Japanese appreciate your money.
    edited November 2010
    I'm sure that the Cruze rides well and is comfortable but it is much smaller than a Malibu and with current discounts (a dealer in the Texas Panhandle is taking $5000 off MSRP on a 2011 Malibu -this is a factory rebate plus dealer discounts) it might be a smart decision to at least consider a Malibu. The base model comes with most everything that people want. The LTs add larger wheels, alloys, bluetooth, suede upholstery etc. The highway mileage on the Malibu 4 is 33 so it should do 35-38 on the road. No GM car has decent resale so I'll be getting an 09 or 10 Malibu. A two year old Malibu only holds about 50% of its original list price. Once the excitement wears off on the Cruze and Ford comes out with a new Focus it will be a has been like the Cobalt and by summer (probably spring) will have $2k or more rebates. Ford I understand will have a new Fusion as well which will draw prospective Malibu buyers.
    "...the Cruze rides well and is comfortable but it is much smaller than a Malibu and with current discounts (a dealer in the Texas Panhandle is taking $5000 off MSRP on a 2011 Malibu -this is a factory rebate plus dealer discounts) it might be a smart decision to at least consider a Malibu....The highway mileage on the Malibu 4 is 33 so it should do 35-38 on the road...Once the excitement wears off on the Cruze and Ford comes out with a new Focus it will be a has been like the Cobalt and by summer (probably spring) will have $2k or more rebates. Ford I understand will have a new Fusion as well which will draw prospective Malibu buyers."

You make some good points. The Malibu is a good buy with all the discounts being offered. A completely new 2012 Malibu is due out in the spring of 2011, so the heavy discounts should continue for a while. One mistake is thinking that the current Malibu is much larger than the Cruze. It is not. Interior volume is very close. The Malibu is a bigger car outside but not much bigger inside.

I also disagree that the Focus will make the Cruze an also ran. The Focus is aimed at a younger audience looking for a sporty small car. The Cruze is light years ahead of the Cobalt and aimed at the 30 to 50 year old crowd. And lastly, we're almost 2 years away from a new Fusion. It will be a 2013 model.
  • kagedudekagedude Member Posts: 407
    edited November 2010
    By all means! Unless somebody sees the front end of the hideous thing, $2K off a new 2011 is a good deal. Bring some earplugs with you too. The road noise in the Mazda can lead to hearing loss after 2-3 hours on the highway.

Dodgeman07, unless Edmunds Insideline made a typo on their test results, 61.2DB/70mph is pretty quiet for the Mazda 3i touring as shown below. 67DB/70mph seems to be the average for this class. I can't wait to see the Cruze's test drive results to see if its better.

Db Idle: 35.2
    Db Full Throttle: 66.3
    Db 70 mph Cruise: 61.2

http://blogs.insideline.com/straightline/2010/01/il-track-tested-2010-mazda-3-i-- touring.html
    edited November 2010
    ........and the Mazda3 is quieter the a Lexus 460L at 70mph too.....

Lexus LS460 Full Test

.....pretty reliable numbers......... :P

Drive them back-to-back. The Mazda3 is a noisy car. Edmunds dB numbers notwithstanding.
    You make some good points too. The Focus always appealed to younger people. I rented a Malibu LT1 last spring in Seattle and drove it several hundred miles. It was very comfortable on the road and in town driving. It also sat four people comfortably. The back seat legroom on the Cruze is 35.4". On the Malibu it is 37.6" This is a significant difference if you are in the back seat. I haven't driven the Cruze but have sat in it and wouldn't want to be in the back seat for long. As a commuting car it would be fine but face it - it is a Cobalt replacement. Unfortunately it is priced too close to the Malibu for me to consider one. There is really no advantage I can see in it.

The next Malibu may be smaller than this one so I'll take the present model. All the GM cars seem to be getting smaller. Cadillac has lost me in the last few years. I have an 03 DeVille and don't like the CTS or STS. Both the DTS and the STS are on the way out. The XTS will be the size of the LaCrosse so why not buy a LaCrosse for thousands less? If I want a sports sedan I'll buy a Mercedes. What I want is a comfortable road car. The Malibu rides much better than the CTS and has much more front seat room. The CTS's huge console crowds legroom.. I also have an 09 Cobalt red coupe. It looks sporty but rides very well with its 15" tires and base suspension. It also gets 40 on the road.. I don't carry passengers (except for small grandchildren) in the back but I didn't buy it as a people hauler.

I think that the Malibu serves as an all around vehicle. My wife has a Traverse so the Cadillac will go when I get the Malibu.
    What I can't understand is what niche the Cruze is supposed to fill. It replaced the Cobalt which offered a coupe and an SS model with performance suspension as well as a bland 4 door sedan. The Cobalt also offered a high gas mileage model. The Cruze is larger than the Cobalt but is a 4 door with nice styling but nothing unique. Young people will buy a Focus or even a Fiesta which comes in wild colors and looks sporty. The next step up is the Malibu which is too close to the Cruze in price but is more of an all around family car. GM offers nothing sporty.since they did away with Pontiac. The Cruze should have offered a coupe or better still a convertible model,
    edited November 2010
    It's a safe bet that we will see a Cruze coupe and/or 5-door hatch in the near future. I agree that the Fords appeal to a younger audience. While the 2011 Malibu is still around and offered at a similar price compared to Cruze, it can make the new Cruze model a tougher sell.

An all-new 2012 Malibu is scheduled to debut next spring and that should help differentiate the 2 models. Right now the 2011 Malibu LT (w/discounts) is hard to ignore. The Malibu's a very nice car and priced right atop the Cruze (with 10% off MSRP, which is easy to get).

It's a toss-up to me and unless I can get 10% off the price of a Cruze LT, which is unlikely to happen this year, I may well go with a 2011 Malibu LT.
    Drive them back-to-back. The Mazda3 is a noisy car. Edmunds dB numbers notwithstanding.

I would agree that the Mazda3i Touring should be a "noiser car" than the Lexus but the Cruze? Let's be fair and wait for some test results.

Maybe the host can verify if the Edmunds DB/70mph test result on the Mazda 3i touring is a typo?
    I don't think it's a typo. They may have had a 40mph tail wind when they conducted the noise test. dBA noise testing is an inaccurate science at best. Sones used now by Car and Driver magazine is better but far from perfect.

Chevrolet added layer upon layer of sound deadening features to the Cruze. The Cruze is a very quiet sedan that sets a new benchmark for the class.

Read more here:

dkszone.net

autonewscast.com

automedia.com

examiner.com

No other manufacturer uses half of the acoustic technology employed in Chevrolet's new Cruze sedan.
    Thanks for the links. I can't wait to test drive the 1LT or 2LT. The 3 things I like so far about the Cruze that I read is the quiet interior, the best stereo for a compact and of course the mpg rating. This might be our first Chevy since our '78 Caprice Classic station wagon and '87 Monte Carlo LS so I'm excited.
    A lot of the road noise depends on the road surface. My Cobalt is fairly quiet on a smooth concrete road but is very noisy on macadam that is not smooth. So is the Avalon which is touted as very quiet. I rented one a couple of years ago in Florida and the road and wind noise was far worse than my 2003 DeVille.
    The Cruze needs a coupe and preferably a convertible/ The present styling is actually coupe styling but my red Cobalt looks a lot neater.
    Yeah road and wind noise are things I don't like. That's why I appreciate the effort and expense that GM put into making the Cruze class-leading in this area. It does add some weight, but I'm willing to deal with an extra 5% there if it's put to good use and in this case - it is.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    A reporter is interested in talking with someone who thinks perhaps the competition has caught up to Toyota and Honda; someone who may be considering new brands for the first time in awhile.

If you are interested in commenting on your experience, please reply to pr@edmunds.com no later than 5pm, Thursday, November 11, 2010, and include your city and state of residence, your email address and your telephone number.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• saintsinnersaintsinner Member Posts: 3
    I'm looking for fully loaded small car with big interior. Just tested 2LT recently in NJ. Very impress with interior space (cruze is built on same platform as Volt) and overall handling,quality. It was very comfortable for 6'3" big man. 2LT had extra convenience package and 17" alloy wheels 4 disc brakes with pioneer premium audio priced at $23,035 with destination. Dealer offered maybe $400 discount max. I got same story hot car ble ble ble. To compare I went to Hyundai dealer and tested fully loaded Elantra 2011 Limited with sunroof, navigation, rear view cam etc. for the same price. I was impressed with car and more so because you getting better warranty then GM. I think GM dealers need to wake up. I still think for small car Hyundai is overpriced. I hope new Ford Focus 2012 will add to competition and prices will go down.
  • clubguyclubguy Member Posts: 15
    Purchased 5/16....1 LT with cruise/bluetooth package...compact spare package..This particular model had the old MSRP of 19,535.00...no dealer added options....$2000.00 discount...$17,535.00 plus tax and temporary tag...
    This was about $1500.00 lower than another dealer we visited in our area....
    Cincinnati,Ohio
  • brueggiebrueggie Member Posts: 46
    MSRP $19700 bought for $19173 + TTL which is $100 below GM Supplier pricing. The GM employee price was $18522. Unless there are rebates on the Cruze, you can't expect a big discount because there isn't a big markup on the Cruze. You should be able to negotiate any Cruze model at $100 below supplier pricing. Goto GMFamilyFirst dot com and price out your car under the Employee Referal Tools tab and click on Help Your Friends Shop.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    A reporter would like to talk with someone who recently traded in a Honda or Toyota for a Hyundai, Kia, Ford or Chevy. Please email pr@edmunds.com by Friday, June 3, 2011 with your daytime contact information, the car models involved and a few words about your decision.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

went out this morning to take a test drive in a 2011 chevy cruze LS non-turbo model and this was my results.car could not get out of it's own way with sloppy engine,brakeing,and tranny performance..had to floor the gas pedal to get the car to move and the transmission constantly shifts in the lower gears.this is a cobalt with a chevy cruze name on it...
  • eliaselias Member Posts: 2,209
    I test drove the same car yesterday and had the opposite reaction - loved it, including the NVH aspects (noise vibration handling)!
    The 1.8L engine was fine for what I'm looking for, very efficient.
    Also I found the Cruze LS automatic transmission predictably/comfortably slushy and behaving exactly as an automatic should -(functioning as designed - revving exactly the same as you observed, steven39! )
    After the test-drive of the automatic, I bought the manual-shift Cruze LS.
    Great winter/ski/bad-weather car, replaces my jetta TDI. I paid (will-pay) MSRP minus $1k retention cashback, $3400 GM card rebate, $9500 bluebook value trade-in. The manual-shift car is on its way from whatever dealer had it, presumably via bonded driver. :shades:
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A reporter is interested in talking with recent buyers of the Chevy Cruze, who previously owned a non-GM vehicle. If you care to share your comments, please email your daytime contact info to pr@edmunds.com no later than 5:00pm Pacific, Monday, August 8, 2011.
  • benrey23benrey23 Member Posts: 42
    I had been out of car sales for 12 years. GOt back in a a Chevy dealer back in January. First let me say the Cruze is a very nice car. GM finally is paying attention to this market. What makes me sick is new car buyers (not talking about used car buyers) believe they should never pay MSRP. Even when there is rebates buyers want a sale price close to invoice where the rebates are taken off. I dont know what people think we make but let me shed some light. When I sell a new car lets say a Chevy Cruze I am almost always gonna make $100 flat commission. Now let me say it is not always the customers fault. There is always amother dealer usually the bigger ones who have no problem selling their new car for invoice forcing everyone to do the same if they want someones business. On a Chevy Cruze we are talking about 400 on average unless it is a loaded LTZ then it might be 900 mark up. I make 25% of front gross. 900 gross is 225 bucks. I hardly think that is an unfair amount. The Chevy Cruze has no rebates because it is selling great. Over 20,000 units the last 4 months and is number one in its class. Why should we discount the damn thing. If there were rebates why should we start the sale price close to invoice. What is so wrong with selling a New Car for sticker. We are not talking about $1000 of profit and commissions here folks. Now dont get me wrong. If we are talking about year end cars then I understand giving extra beyond the rebates. But come on people, trying to drive down the sale price on the #1 selling car in its class the Cruze is crazy. Nothing wrong with paying sticker on a popular, very well designed, great MPG, fun to drive car.
    I dont know what you think the mark up is on a base Cruze, but let me tell you it is not 1200. More like 700. There are no rebates (#1 selling car in its class) so why would any dealer even discount the car.
    just recently purchased a 2012 hyundai elantra gls for $18,000.00 after compareing it to a 2011 chevy cruze LS.msrp for the cruze LS was $18,700.00
    elantra blew it away with it's standard features such as cruise control,power side mirrors,more power,warranty.4-wheel disk brakes,..all these things were missing on the cruze and were standard on the elantra.the cruze is a cavalier and cannot compete with the elantra at this price point....
  • fushigifushigi Member Posts: 1,459
    So you never buy TVs or appliances when they're on sale? Seriously, consumers want bargains, especially in a down economy. As a salesperson you need to face that reality and work with it. The quality of the product doesn't change that.

Many here would probably advise you to simply be glad you have a product that's selling.
    2017 Infiniti QX60 (me), 2012 Hyundai Elantra (wife)
    We dont need prices to come down. We states so people can afford them. Driving prices down sound good, but all it does is drive the suppliers profits down and the next thing u know is the ship X or somewhere. As for the Cruze. It is a great vehicle with excellent styling, handling, quietness, steering, and fun to drive. Gets great MPG, has a great warranty of 5/10000. Yes Hynudai has longer so what. 400 discount is good for a Cruze. Why do u people insist on driving the sellinmg price down on a hot car that is out selling the cometition. I wont make much whether I sell for MSRP or reduce the price by 400. It is a matter of value and principle. I truly believe in the value of the Cruze and as a salesman will not take a deal to my boss if someone demands to pay less than MSRP. If we need to do it to help get to a payment then that is fine, but not just because. I cant keep more than 3 Cruzes on the lot at a time and you want 400 discount out of maybe 700 mark-up. Crazy
    Yes I buy TV's when they are on sale for a reduced % or amount. I sell many cars that way with incentives like consumer cash, low rates, dealer cash ect. No problem discounting a car that the manufacturer has inflated the dealer inventories or if a model is not selling well. That is different and I agree you should not buy it for MSRP. My issue is with cars like the Equinox and Cruze. I cant keep more than 10 in stock on either of them at a time and I like to have 30 between the two of them. I bet 98% of the subscribers on Edmunds would not sell an item that was in great demand for a discounted price. However as I said before it is the responsibility of the dealers to keep the value at sticker on a high demand car. The big dealers that I call Wal-Mart dealers are the one who sell so many they can afford to lose money on 20-30 of their deals on the front end.

Its not just the product that sells, its the salesman. And I am glad to be able to have the ability to assist customers in todays market.
  • cohenfivecohenfive Member Posts: 85
    the market determines what the car sells for, and in the case of the cruze it sounds like there isn't much room from msrp given the demand for the car. however, if it is priced too high people will start going to other brands, as the person who just bought the new hyndai and mazda 3 above can attest to. we went to look at some cars tonight including the cruze, but the one we liked had a 26k msrp which we are not getting to. it looks like a nice car, but for that money (actually a bit cheaper), i'd rather get a loaded ford focus. the cruze is going to be out of our price range for this purchase--which doesn't mean it's not a nice little car, it just seems that the value might not be there for us.
  • Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,966
    Am very interested to see how this will look as compared to the Cruze. Figuring the interior will be a bit more upscale since it's higher up on the GM brand chain. If it looks anything like the Regal, it should be a winner. Since the wife and her folks loved the Buick line way back when, we'll definitely give it a close look when it's time.

The Sandman :) :sick: :shades:

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

I agree. We just got a couple 2011 Regal's in with about 14,000 miles on them pre owned. Very nice car. Buicks will have more leather material inside, and maybe some wood trim ect. Thee will be a couple options exclusive to the brand not offered on the Cruze. If that is what you want then the extra money is worth it. You should check out the 2012 Cruze LTZ. It has keyless touch remote, and keyless start. Comes standard with a cool 7" touch screen with applications that link to a smart phone I phone for stitcher and pandora radio, as well as huge storage for songs in memory. Pretty sporty and cool. If you want luxury wait for the Buick version...
  • michaellnomichaellno Member Posts: 4,120
    Sandman,

One other difference between the Cruze and the Verano is the engine. The Cruze comes with either the 1.8L or the 1.4L Turbo engine, while the Verano will be fitted with the 2.4L engine that is found in the Malibu and Regal.
    edited August 2011
    Currently, her Mazda has the 2.3 engine and I know she likes the power...just not sure if she'll like driving a 2.0, or for that matter, a 1.8 equipped car as her daily driver. I also like the looks better than the Cruze and I know she'll agree. But her recent change in the time table definitely makes things much easier for us. Maybe she heard me when I mentioned the supply problem with some of the cars on her short list. Was told that there is a motor mount or two that might be bad and it'll need new sneakers within 5k to 8k miles. So, a lot of decisions to be made. But waiting the year and putting the extra $ away is really the smart thing to do and maybe by doing that, she'll be able to finally get an entry level luxury sedan that she's always wanted. My one kid let it slip that mom had taken her on a BMW test drive awhile ago...personally, I'd prefer a C class sedan! :)

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• tomdctomdc Member Posts: 3
    Sandman, could you please post the current residual and money factor numbers for a lease of a 2012 Chevy Cruze, 1LT, for 12,000 miles a year(less if they have that) for terms of 36 and 48 months. Also are there lease incentives through either Ally or Chevy. Thank you
    You might want to ask Car_Man, as I know nothing about leases...I think you got me confused with someone else! I am,

• fushigifushigi Member Posts: 1,459
    So, both my wife & I qualify for GM supplier pricing discounts due to our employers. The Cruze is on my wife's short list. On an LTZ with an MSRP of almost $25K (RS & Pioneer packages) the supplier discount nets a little over $700 off. Given the current market - strong Cruze sales, strong compact sales in general, little difference between invoice & MSRP, and no rebates or other significant incentives beyond a reasonable interest rate - what are people's opinions? Is it reasonable to think a much better deal can be had?

TMV is $24,388 and supplier discount is just a hair less.

We're not concerned with getting every last dollar out of a deal but by the same token don't want to pay more than necessary. If $600-900 off a Cruze is about all I can expect then I'll do the supplier discount and be done with it.

We'll be test driving other vehicles over the next few days but so far the Cruze is certainly a possibility.
    2017 Infiniti QX60 (me), 2012 Hyundai Elantra (wife)
  • brueggiebrueggie Member Posts: 46
    We received $700 off MSRP and I want to say it was about $100 less than supplier pricing through the dealers "internet" department. If you are in an area with many dealers as I am (Dallas), you can email/fax in you offer and ask them who can meet or beat that price and go from there. Fortunatly, there are plenty of Cruze's available. Good luck - we have enjoyed every minute of ours!