Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

GMC Acadia Transmission Problems

Comments

• warmsmeallupwarmsmeallup Member Posts: 1
    I now own a 2012 Acadia Denali. From day one I've noticed a problem with the transmission that, one day, will be life threatening. I'm not exaggerating this. The dealer says "it's just the way the 6 speed trany works. It sometimes has trouble finding a downshift or upshift gear. But, it will learn the way you drive and you will see a difference over time". Right, what a load! Six months later and it remains the same.

Here's how I can explain it: Normal acceleration getting on to the highway up to highway speed. No problem. Smooth, quiet, nice! Travels at normal speeds and normal conditions beautifully. Love the car...however, if...no, when you come to a situation where you need to suddenly change lanes when traffic ahead has either slowed or stopped ahead, you need to back off the accelerator so you don't hit the guy in front of you and change lanes.. but then when you've made the lane change and re-accelerate...nothing happens accept engine revs (sometimes up to 6k rpm's to attempt to make up for the nothingness) with no transmission to the wheels...nothing!...no to-the-road acceleration at all for what seems like an eternity. You know that feeling when you're supposed to accelerate but don't so your body leans forward looking for it?? It happens alot.

I tested it on open road to see how long it would really take (for this posting) and it's up to 5 seconds or more unless you back off the accelerator again so the transmission can now find an appropriate gear to match the rpm's and on you go. Meantime, the tractor trailer coming up behind you at highway speed only has you to stop him!

This same scenario happens in New York City traffic as well. Changing city lanes and acceleration is normal driving there. If you don't accelerate very slowly, the same "nothing" occurs. Try to save your a-s by accelerating quickly and that's when you get into trouble.

This issue can't only be mine. Some feedback would be great!
  • mccheezmccheez Member Posts: 1
    To Whom It May Concern:

I am writing you today to express my dissatisfaction with my new 2010 GMC Acadia I purchased in November, 2009. I have had numerous problems with the car and nothing seems to have fixed it.

One problem that I understand is the roll back on the slightest of hills. Everything I've read is this is "normal" and not to worry about it. OK. Just had to mention it.

Now, my real problem is a "clunking" noise that we have had starting around 20K miles and still have at 50K. It started with a problem with noises in the steering area and we have had the steering box replaced 3 times. We've also had the steering column greased up twice.

But there still exists a clunking noise in the front end. I just got back from the dealer and they replaced the front stabilizer bar bushings promising this would take care of it. Nope. And while they were at it, they replaced the water pump that apparently was leaking.

So, now I have a new water pump, new bushings, a new steering gear box and still have "clunking" noises up front and NOW HAVE A NEW NOISE. This one sounds like a it's either coming from the transmission or the tires but only occurs when you turn. Great!

So, I'm running out of answers and developing more problems!

The dealer is nice, but still not finding or fixing the problem. I get the same thing everytime I go. "We'll have a tech listen for the noises". And what really happens is NOTHING. No noise they hear or their fix does nothing.

Help. Frustrated.
  • gmcustsvcsarahgmcustsvcsarah Member Posts: 1,964
    mccheez,

I can see where making multiple trips to the dealership without feeling as though the reasons you made the trip in are fully resolved would be frustrating. If you would like for us to look into this for you, please email us at one of the addresses located in my profile here on the forum (include your name/Edmunds username, phone and address, last 8 of your VIN and current mileage, and the name of your dealership) and my coworker Christina, who answers inbound emails from the forum, will advise you further.

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • mrshart1mrshart1 Member Posts: 1
    If I only discovered the Edmunds forum prior to purchasing an Acadia; it has been a nightmare.

During the summer of 2011 my husband and I decided to purchase the Acadia; in January (2012) we notice the transmission slipping, my husband took the truck to GMC for service. After examining the car the Tech advised us the truck was fine it just need a software update because of the stability track. (At the time of the initial inspection the trucks mileage was approx 90,000) After the software reset the truck drove slightly better, however before long the transmission got progressively worst and completely died; in less than two months now at approx 100,600.

We spoke with the GMC service manager at Union Park (DE) who advised us that the truck was no longer under warranty and we would have to assume responsibility for the entire bill; we decided to reach out the GMC directly, whom seem very helpful initially and changed there tune shortly after. An advisor from GMC Corp office told us we were suppose to change the transmission fluid every 20,000 miles, which we later discovered wasn't true. The forced us to provide serviced records, which we did and the trucks recommended maintenance has always been completed, yet they are still wanting us pay, when the current issue has been a reoccurring.

I feel the GMC service advisers were negligent in the diagnosis of the transmission problem on my truck because they did not want to incur the full expense of repairing the transmission.

It is my belief that the GMC brand has been poorly represented by all individuals who have attempted to mend this issue, and Acadia is not backed by the manufacture/service advisors, I would discourage anyone from purchasing the GMC/Union Park brands, you will not only have the expense of your car payment, however you will also have a set of pretty significant repair bills; and extended periods without your car.

My car has been in the shop for almost a month, I’ve had to continue making payments, find other options for transportations, fight with the dealership and manufacture; and I am stuck with a pretty heavy repair bill……. Thank you GMC & Union Park
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    mrshart1,
    I apologize for your frustrations and inconvenience. Can you please email me with your VIN, as well as your case number? I would like to look into this further. I look forward to your response.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • amyhill91amyhill91 Member Posts: 1
    4 days ago my check engine light came on when i was pulling into my drive. mind you i live on a highway and i was at a complete stop waiting for traffic and when it was clear i tried to accelerate hit 6000 rpm's and was doing all of 5 miles per hour. thats when i noticed the check engine light was on. that night i tried to drive my car to autozone to see why the check engine light was on and 8 different codes came on all having to do with the trasmission and speed sensors in the transmission. i took it to the dealer where i baught it and they changed the sensors and the technician drove my car for 10 miles and the check engine lught came back on for the same reason. so today i took my car to a local GM dealership to have them check it out and see what the problem is. i have an '07 acadia. as for your description of acceleration i completely understand what youre talking about. i dont know a lot about cars and when i experienced this the first couple of times i thought it was odd but i thought maybe it was just me. but now i see many, many people are having problems with their acadia. since i purchased the car in september 2011 i have received 2 letters from GM about recalls the first is to get my car to a local GM dealer for early wear of the timeing chain, because there was some issue with the computer system and people were waiting nearing 7000 miles before getting their next oil change because the computer kept telling people that there was 35% or whatever oil life left. the second recall letter i got was about the headlamps that need to be replaced. and just recently i received another letter about the timing chain issue and if i feel the timing chain and that there are still issues with it.
    I really love the car just not the issues im hearing about. so far i havent really had any poblems, or atleast not as bad as whats written - but i am nervous.
    i just wanted to contact you and let you know that you are not the only one that is experiencing the lag in acceleration especially on the highway.
    amyhill91,
    I'm sorry to hear that your Acadia has left you feeling nervous! How did your dealership visit go yesterday?

Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • danb10danb10 Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2012
    I wish I had heard about the transmission problems earlier, as I would have sold it and rid myself of a host of other problems. I bought a 2008 Acadia after owning Ford Explorers for 10 years with no problems what so ever. I liked everything about the Acadia and decided to switch to GMC. I had problems from day one with a leak in the sunroof, that they admitted was a design flaw and finally after 2 attempts corrected it. I had continual stabilitrac issues with the light coming on and having to again take it to the dealership to correct which they did. I have no issue with the dealership, as they handled every problem professionally and under warranty. At 125,000 miles the transmission died while 25 miles from home with a puddle of fluid under the car. I paid a tow truck to tow it to the dealership where they told me the tranny was blown with a hole in the case which caused the puddle of fluid. After a $4,000 transmission replacement, since it was out of warranty, I was informed that the following gaskets were shot, leaking and needing replacement: 1) rear main seal (why wasn't this replaced when they had the transmission out!), 2) valve cover gaskets, 3) oil pan gasket, 4) timing cover gasket, all of which would cost another $4,000 to replace. I'm a fleet buyer and have never had serious vehicle problems like this at only 125,000 miles. Not sure what I'm going to do at this point, but the thought of replacing it with another Acadia will never happen. I'll probably go back to a Ford product that I never had a problem with.
    danb10,

I'm sorry to read about the difficulties you've encountered with your Acadia. If we can work with you to explore any available options, please send us an email at socialmedia@gm.com (include your name and Edmunds username, phone and address, last 8 of your VIN and current mileage, and the name of your dealership). My coworker Christina, who answers inbound emails from the forum, will assist further.

All the best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • rjheardrjheard Member Posts: 5
    I gave up on the 08 Acadia. I have never felt so unsure about a vehicle and ultimately didn't want to put my family in that vehicle everyday. It was mentioned briefly when I purchased it used from a GMC dealer that it had recently had a transmission 'update'. Forty days after we get it the transmission won't shift. It ended up being a TCM module but shifted like crap afterward and I was told that that's the way they drive. What a P.O.S. Took a big hit but traded for a 2012 CX-9 and really like it. I might give GM a shot in another 20 years. That's how long it took to get over the Z-24 I got burned on last time I took a chance.
    rjheard,

I'm sorry that the Acadia wasn't a satisfactory vehicle for you. I hope that your CX-9 will be a better fit!

All the best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • shoffman1shoffman1 Member Posts: 1
    We bought our 2008 Acadia 1 year ago with 32,000 miles on it. We just over 42,000 miles and were just told today that we need a new transmission! REALLY? I am so angry at GMC and we plan to fight this! It looks like we are not the only ones in this position and I am wondering why GMC has NEVER recalled these cars?? I am worried that is just the begining of our problems and we can't afford re-occuring work done on our car. Has anyone had luck with GMC paying for a new transmission? What about recalls?

Super angry!!
  • jpfjpf Member Posts: 496
    The repair should not cost you anything because the powertrain warranty is 5 years or 100k miles. Good luck.
    Good morning shoffman1,

I'm sorry to read that you're so upset! jpf is correct - there should still be the powertrain warranty on your vehicle. If you would like for us to look up warranty information and provide that to you (parameters of expiration), please send us an email that includes the last 8 of your VIN to socialmedia@gm.com and we would be happy to do so.

All the best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • mmaseadogmmaseadog Member Posts: 1
    We owned a 2007 Acadia that had numerous issues with water leaks and also started developing electrical problems with components on the front passenger side of the vehicle where many of the leaks occured. Each and everytime our dealer took care of us with these problems. When we were out of the bumper to bumper warranty (we we're at 90K miles). We called GMC Customer Service and they were fantastic. They covered over $2,000 worth of repairs at no cost to us. Even after our Acadia was fixed they offered us $1,500 in extra dealer incentives to put towards a new car within the next year. We ended up taking them up on their offer and bought a 2011 Acadia that has been flawless. Make sure you talk to GMC customer service as they will help make sure you are more than happy to help you resolve your issues and they will instruct the dealers what they expect them to do for you to fix your problem. Good Luck!!
  • ryanf79ryanf79 Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2012
    My family of 6 was leaving SW Florida this morning to drive back to Ohio. About an hour into our trip I began to pass a semi when the transmission on my '07 GMC Acadia locked up. The tach was pegged at 4500 but there was no response from the accelerator. I consider myself to be an experienced driver, but trying to steer a dying car through 4 lanes of 70mph traffic while simultaneously answering my wife and 4 kids questions about what was happening was quite scary. We had the vehicle towed to Conley GMC in Bradenton, FL where they informed me it needed a new transmission that is costing me $3700 and 3-5 days. We not only have that expense, but we now have a rental car to pay for. I am not only disappointed in the car, but with GM. After reading the numerous posts from just this one forum about the same issue, I would have thought GM would've tried to correct this, but it seems that profit comes before customer satisfaction. We had a water pump go out early in the vehicle's life, and like everyone else we have had the timing belt replaced. What makes this worse is that I had to convince my wife to buy this car new instead of a Honda Pilot because I wanted to support an American company. The first thing she said when the dealer told us about the transmission was that she's not buying another GMC. Any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Ryan
    Ryan,

I'm so sorry to hear that you trip was disrupted like this! If you would please send us an email at socialmedia@gm.com, we would be happy to get a Service Request set up for you and look into this further (please include your name/Edmunds username, phone and address, the last 8 digits of your VIN and current mileage, and the name of your involved dealership).

All the best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
    It's great to hear how well you were taken care of mmaseadog, and I'm doubly thrilled that your new Acadia has been doing its job!
    Many happy miles,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • shane39shane39 Member Posts: 2
    I recently purchased a 07 Acadia and I've had it less than a month
    And it's been in the shop 3 times already for remote start,lift gate and transmission
    We got it back less than a week ago and now it's stuck In my garage and won't
    Go into reverse.wished I would have researched this before I bought it
    I haven't even made the first payment yet..
  • shane39shane39 Member Posts: 2
    I'm sick sick.im having a lot of problems
    Out of my Acadia.transmission is out now.
  • samialisamiali Member Posts: 11
    greeting all.

I am really steamed at our horrible customer service of GSMArabia. would someone help me get email/contacts of the main customer service in US

last month our 50K mile Acadia was hit with a premature transmission failure and is in need of a full rebuilding. when I emailed and called GSMArabia and made the point that :

1. there were no user error and all services were done according to schedule (transmission oil needs replacing every 156 000km) as confirmed by our Saudi Agency UMA Maintenance representative.
    2. The car is still under the GMC 5-year/100,000-mile Powertrain Warranty
    3. there are numerous online, maintenance representative and customer reports of the common transmission problems the early Acadias are suffering from.

we received a call from them saying that the company has nothing to do with our car since the Saudi Warranty does not have any powertrain warranty all!!!!! and that the other 2 arguments dont really have any value

this is beyond ridiculous and i plan on fighting this by escalating this to the US customer service.

carVIN: 1GKEV13798J130939
    Hello shane39,

I'm sorry that you have had to visit the shop so frequently for your Acadia. Is your mechanic with one of our dealerships? We're happy to follow up on these visits for you, if you like.

Please let us know if we can be of assistance,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
    Good day to you samiali,

If you wanted to send more information to us at socialmedia@gm.com (include your VIN again, please, as well as your name, phone and address, and any case number you may have been issued) we'd be pleased to follow up on this as best as we can.

Regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • ryanf79ryanf79 Member Posts: 2
    Sarah,
    GM has denied my claim as well as any responsibility for their faulty transmission. I am out $3786 for the transmission, $146 for rental car, and three days pay each for my wife and I. I was stunned when they refused to assist at all and expressed an apathetic attitude throughout. I will be filing a complaint with NHTSA.gov and would strongly urge every Acadia owner with similar problems to do the same. Hopefully there will be enough complaints to justify a recall in the near future and hold GM responsible for their products. Good luck.

Ryan
    Thanks Sarah I will send them an email. pls. let me know if there is another address that i can send to other than than the social media one.

I am still miffed at the phone call of "Mahmoud" from customer service that refused to send us an official reply in email or letter form. and his argument was "this is how they operate".

fyi, originally my father sent them the below email along with 2 attachments (manual snapshot of the transmission oil change schedule and the Powertrain warranty policy from the website) that has more info on our case

----------------------------------------------------
    To: 'customerservice@gmarabia.com'
    Subject: Plate number XXXX 2008 Acadia GMC

Greetings

I am writing this to officially complain and express my extreme dissatisfaction with the very poor level of service that I have been receiving for my ’08 GMC Acadia. Over the past 35 years I have owned 6 GMC-made cars and I have never run with as major issue as with this vehicle.

The car has barely hit the 50 000 miles and already got hit premature transmission failure and requires full rebuilding. After investigating the matter further with the GMC dealer UMA head-maintenance representative in Dammam, it was determined that there was no user error or abuse from our side on the maintenance-free transmission system. We have always took great care of the car and all the oil fluid levels were checked regularly (last check was done a week before the failure). The representative himself clearly suggested that several other same model cars have suffered similar transmission problems. Unfortunately they were not willing to repair the car on the agency cost as bumper-to-bumper “warranty period” has just expired.

Given that:
    1. there were no user error and all services were done according to schedule (transmission oil needs replacing every 156 000km).
    2. The car is still under the GMC 5-year/100,000-mile Powertrain Warranty
    3. there are numerous online and customer reports of the common transmission problems the early Acadias are suffering from.

I strongly believe that I should not be responsible for any of the costs of this repair and it’s unfair to expect me to pay for it. I seek your assistance in rectifying this problem. Please let me know if you need any additional information. I can be reached on +966xxxxxx also the phone number of Universal Motor Agency where the car located now is 96638570095.

Thanks
    Ali

Car Serial #: 1GKEV13798J130939
    From http://www.gmc.com/owners/warranty.html

What is the GMC 5-year/100,000-mile Powertrain Warranty?

All 2007 through 2011 passenger cars and light duty trucks are covered. The Powertrain Limited Warranty is 100,000 miles or 5 years (whichever comes first). It is fully transferable and there are no fees and no deductibles. The Roadside Assistance and Courtesy Transportation programs are also 100,000 miles or 5 years (whichever comes first). For more details, please visit your GMC dealer or click here for details.
  • jeff_in_denverjeff_in_denver Member Posts: 4
    for re-programming the computer regarding premature wear on the timing belt and they told me there were an additional $1000+ worth of repairs related to the transmission and valves related to turning on and off cylinders. Apparently, I am outside of the power train warranty now and it'll all come out of my pocket. After reading other posts, I'm now afraid I can't trust this vehicle. I don't want my wife and 4 kids to be stranded after loosing the transmission. Sad--I've liked a lot about the Acadia.
    jeff_in_denver,
    I apologize for your frustrations and inconvenience. Can you please email me directly with your VIN, current mileage, and involved dealer? I look forward to your response.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
    Hi Christina--
    I don't have my VIN handy (it's my wife's car) but can get it for you later. It has fewer than 49K miles on it and I took it in to John Elway Chevrolet. Now, exactly one week since it was in the shop, the check engine light is on again. I have an appointment tomorrow morning with John Elway Chevrolet's service dept.
    Fun stuff.
    Thanks,
    Jeff
    Jeff,

Thank you for the update! Please keep me posted on what happens at the dealership. I look forward to your email.

Christina
    GM Customer Service
    hello Christina/Sarah

when are we expected to receive an official reply about our issue. we received a total of 4 calls from GMArabia and they repeatably said the same frustrating thing:

- The car is not our problem
    - there is no powertrain warranty in the Saudi Market !!!!
    - the well-known and common Transmission issues are only covered during the "bumper-to-bumper" warranty that we just ran out of.

this is taking way too long and i would really appreciate your assistance in expediting this.

thanks
    Sami
    Hi Christina--
    Apparently the timing belt now needs to be replaced. They are willing to cover the repair because the car has <48.5K miles on it--thanks if you had anything to do with that. I'm happy that I wont have to pay for the repair.

My wife will be without a car for 2-3 days due to the repair, so we're trying to decide if the inconvenience is worth it to keep the vehicle. It will have been in the shop each of the past three weeks.

Also, I know your initial post asked that I email you, but I can't find your email address. It says it is private.

Thanks,
    Jeff
    I apologize about the confusion with our email address, Jeff. You can reach us at socialmedia@gm.com
    Look forward to hearing from you,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • gpettitgpettit Member Posts: 3
    I have a 2008 Acadia with 88,000 miles. I had my first big issue with my transmission at about 60,000 miles. Thankfully the repairs were covered under the powertrain warranty. Last month, we were on the last leg of a return trip from spring break when the transmission started to fail again. We hobbled home but the car didn't make it all the way to the dealership and had to be towed. After having my car for 8 days and replacing all the faulty parts, I got my vehicle back. I noticed fairly soon that there were still issues. I took it back the next day and was told to give it 1000-1500 miles to "break in". About a week later, I was nearly stranded again with my daughter and three friends in the car when the transmission failed again. It was rainy, we were 20 miles from home, on a highway on-ramp on a rainy day in a not-so-great part of town. I thought we were going to have to be towed as the car would not get into gear. I managed to get the car going and to the dealership. They are now planning to replace the transmission with a GMC certified rebuilt transmission. Repairs have been covered and I have been provided loaner cars along the way but overall I'm very frustrated by the continued problems with the transmission and to see that this is a common problem with this model.
    gpettit,

I can understand why you are frustrated after reading through the different situations you described in your post. Please keep us posted on how the transmission work goes! If we can be of further assistance, don't hesitate to get in touch by sending an email to socialmedia@gm.com

Regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
    edited April 2012
    greetings

Sarah, would you kindly look into our 2008 Acadia problem its been more than 6 weeks since we originally took the car to the local agency in Saudi Arabia. I hope you can help me like you did with all the others.

I sent an email to the address you gave me last week but we are yet to be contacted with a solution.

thanks
    edited April 2012
    Just writing this to provide you with an update for all of you. on our sorry situation. After more than 5 weeks since the transmission went down we have decided to just throw the towel. We coughed out almost $3000 on the repair that that should have clearly been done on GM expense. I already posted an ad for the car as I have absolutely no indication that the transmission on our &#146;08 Acadia will simply not fail again s and I have no intention of ever dealing with these unprofessional people at our local Agency and GMArabia.

The car has documented, common and well-known transmission issues (as admitted by the UMA maintenance representative himself) but GM have done a REALLY GREAT job at running away from their responsibilities and screwing up the customer:

1. Not recalling the car despite the well known transmission problem. And in our region did not even offer any help at all unlike US customers.

2. Not providing ANY powertrain warranty in our region like everywhere else !!.

3. Refused to officially reply to all of our emails/letters, they just made some phone calls without any level of accountability of what they say to us no matter how silly, frustrating and incorrect it was.

4. Handing out some people that bought the car vouchers on new car purchases. They clearly knew they had a broken product.

5. The company seems to be following a policy to keep the customer the perpetual &#147;run around&#148; just to drive off Saudi customers that are asking for their rights.

Count yourselves lucky my disgruntled American friends as least you&#146;re getting something. I have no intention of making problem drag on forever ill just sell the car ASAP and promise myself of never ever buying a GM.

Cheers
  • meds1meds1 Member Posts: 2
    my 2008 Acadia has 77,000 miles on it and I believe the transmission is starting to go, will I be covered under the GMC powertrain warranty?
    Hello meds1,

The GMC powertrain warranty is generally 5 years/100,000 miles, whichever comes first, and covers the following transmission components: case, all internal lubricated parts, torque converter, transfer case,
    transmission/transaxle mounts, seals, and gaskets.

If we can look into specifics on your vehicle, please send an email to socialmedia@gm.com with the last 8 of your VIN and we would be happy to get you more information.

Regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • chiefb41chiefb41 Member Posts: 3
    Yesterday I am driving down the road, all of a sudden I hear a loud screeching noise and then I lose steering, acceleration, and brakes. Nice huh. I coast to nearest driveway, restart the car and drive it back home. I call OnStar to run a diagnostics test - nothing shows up, all clear. Today I pull the Acadia out of the garage to give her a wash and show some love. When I'm finished, I put the Acadia in reverse and again a loud screeching noise and then smoke begins billowing out from the hood. Not good. Call OnStar again to run diagnostics. Again, I'm in the clear - no issues. OK, so I have smoke coming from the hood and I'm OK? - got it. OnStar set up an appointment to have it towed to the dealership tomorrow morning. I stumbled on this forum and I'm glad I did. Thank you to all those who post. I'm taking over and unders for Transmission. Any takers??

Oh and this is all happening just a month and a half after the Acadia was in the shop for a week for all the other issues listed in this forum. Geesh. Really?

Has anyone with an Acadia been stopped at a stop light and then the Acadia starts chugging and you feel like you're riding a mechanical bull?

My Acadia is a 2008 SLE with 75,000 miles.

I will post a follow-up post fix.
  • meds1meds1 Member Posts: 2
    are there any other issues with the transmission that the powertrain warranty doesn't cover?
    Good morning,

The following components are excluded from powertrain coverage: transmission cooling lines, hoses, radiator, sensors, wiring and electrical connectors.

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • chiefb41chiefb41 Member Posts: 3
    Heard back from the dealer. Issue is the AC compressor seized up. Not the transmission and not covered under powertrain warranty - $1300 fix. Not exactly what I was expecting after 75,000 miles on the vehicle. This vehicle is costing more than the hassle its worth.
  • acadia2007acadia2007 Member Posts: 3
    Good luck as we had our 2007 Acadia's transmission replaced at 50k miles or so and now we have 60k on it and it's slipping again. Then to top it off we have water leaking from the headliner as well. If I could afford it I would get rid of this expensive garbage, I have emailed gmc about this today as well but after reading all the posts on here I am sure they won't do anything to fix these issues that have been obvious concerns for yrs on this model. Hopefully your experience is better than mine but I wish I would have went with my gut and never have bought a GM product.

Larry
    Good luck as we had our 2007 Acadia's transmission replaced at 50k miles or so and now we have 60k on it and it's slipping again. Then to top it off we have water leaking from the headliner as well. If I could afford it I would get rid of this expensive garbage, I have emailed gmc about this today as well but after reading all the posts on here I am sure they won't do anything to fix these issues that have been obvious concerns for yrs on this model. Hopefully your experience is better than mine but I wish I would have went with my gut and never have bought a GM product.

Larry
    acadia2007,
    Thank you for taking the time to post your experience and frustrations. Have you spoke with the dealer about your concerns and the transmission? The dealer typically has a warranty on repairs for the parts and labor. Please feel free to email me directly at SocialMedia@GM.com. Please include your VIN and current mileage. I look forward to hearing from you. I apologize for your inconvenience.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
    Thank you, Larry.
    However, I fear that my Acadia is following in the tracks of others. Just last Tuesday all three timing chains were replaced and now the traction control lights keep coming on with a message to service the vehicle soon. I took the Acadia in on Saturday and they said there were only false codes and reset the computer. Unfortunately, we continue to get the same lights and warnings, so I called the service shop again today and they are looking into it.
    So frustrating.
  • kikix5kikix5 Member Posts: 2
    I have a 08 Acadia with just over 50k miles on it. Was driving and couldn't not accelerate, then lost the ability to go in reverse. The dealership rebuilt the transmission and I got the Car back last Friday. When I got into the car to leave, the check engine light was on, went back in and they said it was the o2 sensor and it must not have been reset. so the reset it and told me if it came back on, to bring it back. Of course it came back on and they said something wasn't plugged back in (not sure what, they never said)

Then yesterday, a week later, I was getting gas and smelled antifreeze, thinking that it was someone else's car, i continued on my way. drove about 10 miles and made a few stops and smelled it again, this time knowing it was my car, looked down and saw it was starting to get hotter, and pulled into a Mc'ds and there it died.. I was able to pull it into a parking spot, but had to have it towed back to the dealer. My coolant was totally empty and underneath the coolant reservoir on the ground was pink fluid. (the transmission fluid box is on the other side) I don't want to keep having problems, but I see that from this forum there are a lot of issues.

I have been lucky that these were covered under the warranty, but if they continue to have problems, perhaps they need to do some sort of recall on them.

At this moment not sure what is going on, but I can only think that they didn't do something or messed something up when they did the transmission as I never had any other issues with the car.
    Good luck everyone getting gm to do anything for you. All these problems we all have (transmission, leaking water thru headliner, throttle issues, radio, etc). And gm tells me I have to pay a dealerships hundreds of dollars to find out if my issues are a defect or not and f it is then they will credit me the costs back. So I just got rid of this piece of crap as it was obvious they weren't going to help.. 62k miles and at his 46k suv is the worst on the market. Get smart and get another brand of vehicle while you can.
  • saacadiasaacadia Member Posts: 4
    Like so many others, our Acadia started slowing down on my wife while she was on ONSTAR getting the multiple error messages. She has about 81K on it.

She had two children in the car while on I-10 and was forced onto the access road. It never made it up the hill and I arrived about the same time as the police officer who assisted us in assuring no one rear ended her. She moved the children to my car and the officer and I remained until the tow truck arrived. Fortunately, it was a block from the dealership. The dealer indicated that it was a transmission problem and I was given a ride to the rental car company who assisted us with a GM vehicle (same issue as someone else mentioned - it had to be a GM vehicle).

I am grateful to find this information and willgive our dealership the benefit of the doubt. I was told that we would get a repair or replacement transmission. I of course am more educated now and am going to ask for a new one. We'll see. If they don't give us a new one we will be unable to take the vehicle on vacation as planned for obvious reasons. Thanks again to all! I wanted to add my information to that of others for the benefit of all and I will keep you posted.
    I'm thankful that your family is safe after this incident, saacadia. We look forward to any updates you provide on the repair process, and if we can be of any assistance don't hesitate to get in touch with us by emailing socialmedia@gm.com

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service