Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

GMC Acadia Transmission Problems

Comments

• gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    Good morning lullilo85,

We're sorry to hear that you are encountering so many frustrations with your new Acadia. If you would like for us to check into this further, please email us more information at socialmedia@gm.com (include your name and contact information, a summary of the situation, the last 8 of your VIN and mileage, and the name of your dealership).

Sarah, GM Customer Service
    lyndawag,

If we can check into this situation further with your dealership, please email us at socialmedia@gm.com with more information, including your name and contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN, and the name of your dealership.

• kellyinakkellyinak Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2012
    I just got off the phone finding out I need a new transmission for my 2007 GMC Acadia. They quoted my $4,200!! The car is only 5 years old! Not a year ago we had to re-do the front end struts, power steering and other stuff and paid $3000!! I can't believe it. I just randomly google searched 2007 GMC Acadia Transmission and I found you all. I generally pride myself in buying American cars, but in 5 years the only thing we have done to our VW is oil changes and new tires. Years ago I owed a saturn, looked cheap inside but again the only money I put into it was oil changes. I fell in love with my Acadia because it was a great set up for three car seats, but now all I want to do it get rid of it!! But who is actually going to buy the lemon from me???
    We're sorry to hear that you need to have a new transmission put in your Acadia, kellyinak, and we can understand how this would be upsetting. If you would like for us to check into this further, please don't hesitate to contact us at socialmedia@gm.com (include your name and contact information, a summary of the situation, the last 8 digits of your VIN and mileage, and the name of your involved dealership).

• lmenalmena Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2012
    I cannot believe this....I too am having the same problem as every one else. Can some one please help me, I dont even know were to start, can someone tell me the first steps I should take to file a claim or who do I need to call?????? PLEASE.
    Here is my issue....
    I have a 2007 GMC Acadia, I bought it 6/2009 with 42K miles, it was the car of my dreams, but now its my nightmare. I have had nothing but problems with the car, Cluster issues, Tire Sensor, etc, etc,... I only have 3 years my my GMC truck & its been nothing but issues. But the biggest issue that I have is my Transmission. When I was driving the car I noticed my car did'nt want to shift to the next gear, it felt like it was forsing to shift & when it did, the car jerked to shift to the next gear. During all of this, there was no warning of "Check Engine". Then, when I put the car on Reverse it did not want to move, not even when I pressed on the gas a little, the only way it will reverse is I had to completely stop & wait a few seconds till it reverse. During all of this there was NO notice for a "Check Engine" at all. On 11/7/2012 I was planning to take the car to the dealer to see what the issue was, but I took my kids to school & right after I dropped them off at school, the car STOPPED moving, the engine was ON, but there was no movement on the car at all & when that happened the "Check Engine" light came on. Well, when I had the car towed to my house, I called the dealer & explained to the man in the service department what had happed, he infomed me that my warranty had expired in 6/2012 & that they it will not cover the trans, they were going to charge me $130.00 just to look at it & if they needed to take out the trans out, it was going to be more money, he wouldn't give me a quote for that cause (per his words) "It was going to be very expensive" since I don't have any warranty I had no choice but to take it some were else & get it fixed. So to get my car fixed I paid $5,000.00 for a trans. I'm just so angry, I only had my car for three years & I had to pay more money to get things fixed, plus my monthly payments on top of all of that. I just need a safe car for my family.
    I think GMC is only concern is about making money & NOT the safety of the people who drive there cars/trucks.
    I also have another care, I have a VW like Kellyinak, my VW is 12 years old I have never had any big issues, just the regular maintnace oil change, but with the warranty they were on top of it. When my warranty was about to expire they were sending me letter to renew the warranty. But with GMC, I never received anything in the mail regarding my warranty, the only thing I received from them was my invoice for a monthly payment thats due.

Can some one please help me....
  • scottmay3scottmay3 Member Posts: 17
    Start by filing a complaint though the national highway and safety administration. GM knows this is a component failure, but will not acknowledge it is a safety issue until the government makes them or enough people get killed or injured due to the problem. Read through the threads and find either Sarah or Christines information, and file another complaint. There is no rhyme or reason to the support you will get, but they may force the dealer to offer you some relief. Good luck, its a frustrating issue. The quality of your local dealer will be the driving force. My advice is to get rid of the lemon as soon as possible, and remove GM and its affiliates from your list for future vehicle choices.
  • lmenalmena Member Posts: 2
    Thank You for your help.
    lmena,

How is everything running with your Acadia now that the transmission has been fixed? We're sorry that it was such a stressful situation for you!

• darthboyz2darthboyz2 Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2012
    Hello!
    We just picked up our 2007 GMC Acadia with only 60,000 miles from the Penske Buick/ GMC Dealer because as you may have guessed, we had to put in a brand new transmission. You may say we were one of the lucky ones. We were 4 months out of warranty and after working our way up the ladder, we reached a service rep who agreed to split half the cost of a new transmission with a 3 year warranty. The cost to us was $2000.00. What makes me sad is that I love this car, but we are going to cut our losses and sell it as soon as possible. A car like this should not have these types of problems. I want to encourage anyone who is going through this situation to call GMC, they are aware of this problem, though they won't acknowledge it. Trade your car in once you get it fixed. If you are still under warranty "thank God" and consider trading it in before you start draining your pockets. No more GMC Cars for our family
  • mike3290mike3290 Member Posts: 7
    Sarah,
    We too just had to replace our transmission because of the wave plate. Ours quit on a steep hill on the highway with our 3 kids aboard and I had to direct traffic until a help arrived! I have forwarded our info to socialmedia@gm.com but haven't heard back from anyone. We were only a few months out of warranty but still under the mileage.
  • scottmay3scottmay3 Member Posts: 17
    Please ensure that you file a complaint through nhtsa.gov. Good luck with the rest.
    Already started the process of the complaint, Thanks Scott!
  • elisacaganelisacagan Member Posts: 4
    I am absolutely unhappy with all of the problems and the lack of help I am now receiving from the dealership. I purchased this used acadia in Jan of THIS year! I've already had to take it in for a leaky and faulty sunroof, and a water pump going out, and now merely 2 months after my power train warranty is now void, and am currently only sitting at 76k miles, I am being told there is nothing they can do to help the transmission problems that suddenly from one day to the next appeared! There should be some sort of recall on this as I have read through and almost ever one of these unsatisfied customers are experiencing the same problem! Needless to say I will NEVER EVER purchase another GM product. This is a huge let down as reliability was the main contributor to me purchasing this vehicle.
    THIS IS SAD TO HEAR AS I MYSELF AM CURRENTLY GOING THROUGH THE SAME DILEMMA
    DO YOU POSSIBLY HAVE SOME SORT OF CONTACT NUMBER FOR THE GMC CUSTOMER SERVICE? AS THE DEALERSHIP HAS BEEN NO HELP SINCE I AM JUST OUT OF WARRANTY.
  • acadiachesacadiaches Member Posts: 2
    Hello ALL - is this an avenue for finding support from GM on the same problem as below?

We have just had our 2007 Acadia experience the same problem and GM is not supporting us at all. we are less than 6 months out of warranty BUT only 124k (way under the 160 powertrain warranty) and we have had a terrible week trying to get a response from GM and when we finally did, they told us too bad - no support on a $4,700 bill for a new transmission to replace the one that failed due to the poorly engineered waive plate that is causing everyone who owns these SUV's with major headaches....ACADIACHES

Our bill will be close to $5,000 after tax. We are furious that this is a known problem and GM will not stand tall on an obvious flaw that they should be accountable for.

I can assure you, GM is NOT a consideration moving forward because of the way they have treated us.

We have spoke with many (GM) people on this 3-5 reverse waive plate failure issue and they all feel GM is not supporting the clients on this by telling me they will not help at all with any costs.

Have you ever heard of so many transmission issues and no support? 124K currently on the truck and GM says too bad?? Nice.
  • acadiachesacadiaches Member Posts: 2
    GM Canada 1-800-268-6800

there is a bullitin 309-07-30-012-F on the web apparently on this also - from GM
  • megawatts74megawatts74 Member Posts: 29
    Here is my story. I bought a used 2007 Acadia with 8000 miles back in April of 2008. From day 1, I hated the lag when trying to pass a car. But my wife loved the style and she drives it most so I bit my tounge. This engine is undersized for this heavy vehicle. My windshild wipers went out in a heavy snowstorm within a month of owning this thing. They recalled the heated windshield wiper fluid feature and told me GM would send us a $100 check for our trouble. I know it was BS and laughed it off and of course never received it. Had to have timing chains replaced right before a long trip to the beach and caused a stressful situation when it should have been a relaxing trip. Most recently, on Nov. 11 of this year, my 2010 Chevy Cobalt (bought brand new) got a cracked engine block and broke down. We got it to the dealership. I took the Acadia for the day and my wife took our old trusty 1998 Dodge Ram pickup to work. The same day, the Acadia transmission goes completely out leaving me and kids stranded on the highway. My wife comes in the truck to rescue us and we leave Acadia along the road. I get the Acadia to the dealership and now it is Nov. 21st and they still have not looked at the car. My Cobalt is in their shop and they just got the engine in today. Of course Thanksgiving is tomorrow so they won't work on it. Cobalt covered under warranty, however the Acadia, although it only has 68,000 miles, warranty ran out 8 months ago. The dealer gave me quotes to fix it even tho they havent even looked at the tranny yet. $2660 to 'repair' trany and $3400 to get a rebuilt one installed. I called GM and went back and forth about the cost and how this 'professional' grade vehicle tranny should have lasted longer. The GM rep says, she might be able to get 40% off the repairs for me. Today I looked at the Kia Sorento and the Hyundai Santa Fe and I was impressed. I already have a deal worked out with the Kia dealer if I ever get this Acadia back. The Santa Fe doesnt come out with a 7 seater til January so I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of it. You can get these vehicles loaded with a fantastic warranty for the base model price of GMC pieces of 'professional' crap.
  • obyoneobyone Member Posts: 7,841
    You're complaining about a 5 year old vehicle that you bought 4 years ago? Why didn't you sell it 4 years ago instead of putting yourself through all the drama?

Didn't you know that part of owning a GM vehicle is to have Major Guard extended warranty from GM? It is a must have item.
    I didn't sell it because the wife liked it and she drives it mostly. And I didn't know about about a Major Guard warranty. And yes I am complaining about a 5 year old vehicle. For 30 grand, the tranny of a 'professional grade' vehicle should have lasted longer than 67000 miles. Obviously this is not JUST my misfortune, this is becoming increasingly clear that this car is a piss poor design.
    Just got ours back from the dealer after a new transmission and now the ABS and traction control lights are coming on! I'm not sure how they screwed this up but I guess its back to the dealership again.
    I think I'm going to go to every car forum I can find and give the Acadia a 1 out of 5 stars and list ALL the problems we've had. Buyers of this vehicle should know what they're getting into and the lack of response from GM BEFORE buying! They've done nothing but assign me a case number and ignored all my email afterwards, (can't get an actual phone number to call)
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited November 2012
    The phone number is on the GMC web page.

You can also reach out to them via Facebook and Twitter. Or even postal mail. Sometimes emails get lost in the ether.
  • samialisamiali Member Posts: 11
    edited November 2012
    Hello all
    (Mods please delete the above post #393)

if you check my previous posts in this very thread (page 9)youll know the amount of trouble I had to go through only to not get anything from our local Saudi agency UMA. I thought the worst was behind me when I just gave them the money but boy was I wrong.

A month later in may. The car started to develop steering wheel problems that I'm not sure if they were known and common enough like the transmission. Since the problem was not that big I just decided not to fix it because it was way too expensive at almost $2400.unfortunately this delayed my plans to sell the car as i wanted to sell it in perfect running condition.

fast forward till last week. and the car suddenly started to have the same transmission problems again. I took the car to the agency and they said that the same problem is back. And the transmission system is in need of rebuilding again. But I would also need to pay them for they repair as they claim that the transmission parts that broke this time are not exactly the same as the ones from the april repair.!! And they can only weaver the costs of the men hours repair as its still under warranty and they are now asking me for almost the same amount of money as the last time for the spare parts

This is beyond ridiculous and it is extremely dishonest from the local agency. First they deny me my power train warranty since (Saudi Arabia has none according to the gmcarabia guy on the phone)then I get forced to pay twice for the same problem that I should not have paid in the first place.very classy.

The car is in the agency now and I'm really hoping I can get GMC to step in and put a stop to this madness by their local Saudi agency.

===========from this thread April 2012=======

Just writing this to provide you with an update for all of you. on our sorry situation. After more than 5 weeks since the transmission went down we have decided to just throw the towel. We coughed out almost $3000 on the repair that that should have clearly been done on GM expense. I already posted an ad for the car as I have absolutely no indication that the transmission on our ’08 Acadia will simply not fail again s and I have no intention of ever dealing with these unprofessional people at our local Agency and GMArabia.

The car has documented, common and well-known transmission issues (as admitted by the UMA maintenance representative himself) but GM have done a REALLY GREAT job at running away from their responsibilities and screwing up the customer:

1. Not recalling the car despite the well known transmission problem. And in our region did not even offer any help at all unlike US customers.

2. Not providing ANY powertrain warranty in our region like everywhere else !!.

3. Refused to officially reply to all of our emails/letters, they just made some phone calls without any level of accountability of what they say to us no matter how silly, frustrating and incorrect it was.

4. Handing out some people that bought the car vouchers on new car purchases. They clearly knew they had a broken product.

5. The company seems to be following a policy to keep the customer the perpetual “run around” just to drive off Saudi customers that are asking for their rights.

Count yourselves lucky my disgruntled American friends as least you’re getting something. I have no intention of making problem drag on forever ill just sell the car ASAP and promise myself of never ever buying a GM.

Cheers
    Just an FYI, but after posting, you may edit your post for 30 minutes.
  • obyoneobyone Member Posts: 7,841
    That means for 30 minutes after posting you may delete your post on your own.
    That too. :-)
    elisacagan,

We would be happy to check into this further with your dealership if you would please email us more information at socialmedia@gm.com (include your name and contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN and mileage, the name of your dealership, and a summary of the current situation). Alternatively, you can contact the GMC Customer Assistance Center at 800-462-8782

Good morning mike3290,

I apologize that my response was not speedier - I had been out of the office for the holiday. Have you had an email back yet? If not, let me know and I will check into this with our agents who respond to the emails from the forum.

Yes I have, Ashley responded with a rebate on a new vehicle. I really just want some assistance to offset the repair cost on this one. It still had 10k miles left on the warranty but a few months overdue.
    15 Days since my Acadia (tranny) and Cobalt (engine) both went into the GMC dealership and still no vehicles. They said the Acadia might be done tomorrow but the Cobalt has the new engine in it but it is now leaking oil and they can't find the source. I have so much confidence in these technicians.. let me tell ya. My next vehicle will certainly be GMC!!! (sense the sarcasm?)
    Hi

I seriously feel cheated with The local Saudi agency UMA. They told me yesterday that they need another $3600 to repair the transmission problem time less than 6 months after the first identical repair.

Is there something I can do. Can someone help
    Sell the car. Don't have GM repair your transmission. Ask the new dealer to factor in the repair of the tranny on your Acadia and deduct it from your trade in value. They can repair it cheaper than $3600. You will take a hit on your trade in but it will be worth not dealing with the junk Acadia anymore. These Acadias are lemons and GM will not back their product up. They are crooks. I have an update to my posted experience but I am waiting till I get the car back to reveal it. You won't believe what they did to me. They ended up paying for the entire cost of the repairs to the tranny but there is a catch. Do not buy another GM. Stay tuned.
    GMC Customer Assistance Center at 800-462-8782, it might take going thru a few phone calls to finally get some resolve.
  • mdearmdear Member Posts: 1
    in 2011 at 75K miles my transmission went out, total failure, while I was driving. The Chevy dealer rebuilt the transmission which was covered by warranty. But now in 2012 the transmission is failing again, called torque converter failed, and now it is not covered under warranty and they want me to replace the whole transmission $4500. Of course if GM would have replaced the transmission last year I would not have this problem, but they went cheap on the repairs and now I am stuck with this piece of junk and the bill.
    Advice to Acadia owners - trade in immediately upon transmission problems, because they will continue with this car. Also, please file a complaint with NHTSA.gov for safety of the transmission, and maybe we can all get a recall for this obvious problem that they will not acknowledge.
  • 08unhappygm08unhappygm Member Posts: 2
    I wanted to update you all that I made the decision to trade in my Acadia. My GMC warranty was out, and although I had an extended warranty still in effect, I just wasn't up for the battle on the transmission. Not to mention all the problems I'm sure would come after that. I spoke to an individual today who owns a 2007 Acadia. I asked him about his car. He stated flatly that it was a piece of junk. He began naming the problems he's had with it. Not a coincidence they were the EXACT issues my car had. Struts had to be replaced, power steering was repaired (although, not satisfactory), transmission had to be replaced after warranty went out which cost him $4000.
    I agree with the advice to be rid of the car. I bought a Honda Accord and I'm pleased as punch. Life is too short for these headaches. I will report the issues as suggested to put my signature on the line indicating GM needs to be accountable for these lemons. It's a shame we spend so much on a broke down piece of junk!
    I sincerely hope if you decide to keep this vehicle you get some recompense for your troubles!
    Good morning mdear,

We're sorry to hear about the troubles you've had with the transmission in your Acadia. If you would like for us to check into this further with your dealership, please contact us at socialmedia@gm.com (include your name and contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN and mileage, the name of your involved dealership, and a brief summary of the situation).

Regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
    Update.... for those of you just joining in, My 2007 Acadia tranny and 2010 Chevy Cobalt both went down on Nov. 11. Acadia transmission was spent with 68,000 miles about 7 months past warranty and my Cobalt with 84,000 miles engine blew with a cracked block (totally covered under warranty). I have details in previous posts so read those to catch up. After talking to GM customer service about my Acadia and sharing my displeasure about being out of warranty but many many many people having tranny trouble, my bill went from $3400 to $608.00. I was ok with this, however, when they put the new engine in my Cobalt, they severely damaged the transmission in the car and slapped a used one with 17,000 miles (so they say) in it. After arguing with the dealership about how they should have put a NEW tranny in the Cobalt and not a used one since they broke it, I finally settled for them taking care of the Acadia tranny bill and keeping the used Cobalt tranny. Although the dealer is a POS and did not offer me a courtesy car, or try to help me get my bill reduced, GM Customer Service was fantastic and if not for the lady there, I would have been fending for myself. So I encourage you all to call 866-790-5600 and ask for Larra... she was wonderful and helped me out tremendously. She was the only bright spot representing GM. I traded the Acadia in the next day for a Kia Sorento and couldn't be happier.
  • sportsman25sportsman25 Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2012
    I bought a 2007 GMC Acadia SLT [White] in 2007. I was very content with this vehicle until my guarantee expired six months ago. Around this time, I started having problems with the car; specifically with the transmission. I went to the dealer and he told me I was not covered and that the repair would cost me between $2,000 and $3,000, an amount that I cannot afford to pay (I still owe $9,000 on my car). Four months ago, I began to experience issues with the AC, specifically with the blower, which cost $350 to repair. Today, I went to Firestone in order to fix the car, they told me I had several problems (SU9491 MAP SENSOR, MAF SENSOR, FUEL SYSTEM, etc.), these repairs cost $892.34, but Firestone told me that they do not repair the transmission or the traction control, therefore these problems have not been fixed.

I’m very careful and meticulous when it comes to my car, I maintain it regularly, it looks brand new. This is my third GMC vehicle. I previously had an Envoy and other GMC vehicles and I had no complaints with these cars. The Acadia is not a cheap car, and I expected a higher quality car for what I paid. I am very, very, very disappointed and frustrated with how my current car functions, and the mechanical and electrical aspects of the car. I am a person belonging to the middle-class, my wife lost her job, and I cannot afford this necessary repair. I never thought that a car this new could have so many problems, especially problems with the transmission. I am very loyal person, but I’m planning to get rid of this car as soon as possible and I will not be buying another GMC vehicle ever again and I will warn everyone against buying a vehicle from this brand. It’s a shame, because I liked this brand, I like that this is an American-Made car, but the quality is questionable.

If there's anything anyone can do to help me, please let me know! Thank you.
    Talk to your dealer or call customer service. It will take a few weeks but don't take no for an answer. They are aware of the problems, especially the transmission. I was also out of warranty but got them to agree to split the repairs 50/50. DO NOT PAY UPFRONT! Good luck!
    Like I said in a couple posts above yours... call GMC Customer Service. My Acadia had 68000 miles and 7 or 8 months out of warranty. I was assigned to a wonderful lady named Larra and she got my bill from $3400 down to $600. I ended up not paying anything because I also had a Chevy in there getting an engine replaced under warranty and they ruined the transmission in that car in the process. I got the Acadia back last week and the AC is not working and my power steering is whining horribly. I just bought a Brand new 2013 Kia Sorento SX AWD which is their top trim line and every option available for about $31,200. 5/60,000 mile bumper to bumper and 10/100,000 mile power train (engine, drive shaft and tranny) warranty. I was surprised by the quality of the Kia. Although it is a little smaller than the Acadia, it does have seating for 7 passengers with very little cargo space, or fold last row of seats down for 5 passengers and plenty of cargo space. I got well over KBB on the Acadia which held its value quite well. So get rid of the damn thing now while it's worth something. Good Luck.
    sportsman25,
    If you would like for us to check into this situation further with you and your dealership, please contact us at socialmedia@gm.com (include your name and contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN and mileage, the name of your dealership, and a brief recap of the situation).

• hawkfan92hawkfan92 Member Posts: 1
    Well I also have gotten the news that my 2007 GMC Acadia needs a new transmission due to bad wave plates. Our warranty expired in May and we have 103,000 miles on it, so also not too far out of warranty like many others on this site. After reading this blog, I was sure that nothing good could happen from this. However, to my surprise, my dealer just called me back and is offering a deal to us through GMC to put in a new transmission and fix the AC issues (also seem to be a common thread) for $2600! I am considering myself very lucky because we can't afford a car payment right now, so although I agree this car seems to be a lemon I am going to fix it. I'll report back later on how it is running.
    Looking forward to an update, hawkfan92!

I did but after a 20minutes overseas phone call I was asked to call another call customer center but in the UAE since our car VIN doesn't show up. Oh well
    Just an update. An update on our sorry situation. We received a call from our local agency to come and pick up the finished car. When we tried to test the car it turned out to have a very loud sound coming from the transmission system section. I I have no idea why they did not test or notice it before calling us. A mechanic took a look at it. And determined that the transmission needs to be rebuilt (for the third time in less than 5 months)!!.

In conclusion: we almost paid another $3700 for absolutely nothing.. Like the first time

On the plus side they gave us a very basic Aveo until they finish the Acadia this time For our truble
  • lptexaslptexas Member Posts: 1
    I now get to be part of the fun! Only 55k miles and the transmission is toast...and only 7 months after the warranty expires!

The quote is $4,200+ from the dealer.

Seems like this is a common issue. Are folks getting support from GM or am I on my own?

Thanks for any responses.
    lptexas,

We're sorry to hear about the transmission on your Acadia. While we cannot make any promises up front, if you would like for us to check into this further please email us at socialmedia@gm.com with more details (including your name and contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN and the name of our dealer, as well as a brief recap of the situation for us).

Regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • gaylemd1gaylemd1 Member Posts: 2
    I will never by another American car. I have an 2000 Toyota Avalon and a 2007 GMC Acadia.
    I have spent more money in 5 years on the Acadia and yet my Avalon in 13 years old. This car of course if out of warranty and has about 62K miles on it. Two weeks ago I spent close to $900.00 in repairs to have the Power Steering pump replaced, front brakes, and muffler. The tow truck just dropped off my car and the transmission is shot. I have pages and pages of service records of all the repairs and recalls that have been done to this car. We have been the dealership for years that we think there may be something wrong with the transmission but they said no. I see many posts from frustrated consumers with the same problems. Transmission and steering. I have also asked my dealership for the number to GMC but they tell me that they will only tell you to talk to the dealership. Can someone please tell me how much a transmission is going to be for this car? :lemon:
  • zewmanzewman Member Posts: 7
    I would strongly recommend that you call GM and be persistent. We went thru the same thing and although the entire process took about 3 weeks,( and only 2 days of that were mechanical) it was worth it! GM agreed to pay anything over 1000$ for our new transmission. The downfall is if they pay for any of it we were told the warranty goes from 3yr/100,000 mile to a 1yr/12,ooo mile warranty. Stupid since it is the exact same transmission, but we figure it gives us time to wear the tires we bought 3 days before the transmission went out and look for a new, non-GM vehicle! I would also suggest filing a claim with the NHTSA. I was told by the NHTSA if they have enough complaints they will force a recall and then GM will have to reimburse us any out of pocket money for the transmission. It is ridiculous that they do not back-up their professional grade better than this, but it will never change if we, as a whole, don't voice our complaints!! Call GM everyday and take notes of who you talk to!