Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2011 Chevy Equinox

123457»

Comments

• gmcustsvcsarahgmcustsvcsarah Member Posts: 1,964
    I'm sorry about that mix up, pmgilbert! We've had some issues with our profile; we can be reached at socialmedia@gm.com

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • mountainwomanmountainwoman Member Posts: 2
    I just bought a 2011 last week. It's a year old but brand new off the showroom floor. So far I've booked an appointment to find out why, after about 100 miles, I'm hearing a ticking in the engine or somewhere under the hood. I don't have any noise at start up. That's fine. Also have a airbag light that stays on. Just wondering if anyone has had the "ticking" sound and what it ended up being. I like the veh. but not impressed that I have to take it in already.
  • wingrootwingroot Member Posts: 43
    Is it a six or a four?
  • jpfjpf Member Posts: 496
    I believe that's the cam-actuator problem. Yes, I believe the fix involves taking apart the engine. Good luck.
  • mountainwomanmountainwoman Member Posts: 2
    It's a six.
  • nelson1nelson1 Member Posts: 41
    Wow. I was just going back and reading up on the Equinox. After reading these posts, I have scratched it off my potential buy list. Thanks to all of you for posting about the problems on the new Equinox.
  • wingrootwingroot Member Posts: 43
    I have a 2011 Nox....six cyl with 15,000 miles. I usually get a new car every 2 years. I am keeping this nox for 3 years. Perfect.....not problem one. I have gone from Lexus, murano and now the nox. Buck for buck you cannot beat it