Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti G25 Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi hbq. Infiniti Financial Services' November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 G25 Journey with sunroof and 12,000 miles per year are .00071 and 60%, respectively for consumers whop qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • delthekingdeltheking Member Posts: 1,152
    edited December 2011
    Hi,
    Infiniti has a lease special of $299/month lease for 39 months ,10k miles per year , down payment is $2999. Total first month payment is $2999+$299=$3298 . All this info from Infiniti's website. :shades:
    Here's the link :

http://www.infinitiusa.com/current-offers/

This is for well qualified buyers. So, what is the catch here? What are the chances of getting this deal - $299/month ? I have never leased before and have read info on these forums about money factor,residuals ,cap etc. Still, not totally familiar with it . :confuse:

My credit is good - last time I checked it was 760+ . So dont know if it is excellent or very good for Infiniti's lease needs . But is this lease deal feasible at all ? The lease deal ends on 01/03/2012. So , if this deal is doable, I will be pulling the trigger !! Thanks ! ;)
    Greetings deltheking. Since you are new to leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles on the subject that are available here at Edmunds.com: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the easiest way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to shop around for the lowest possible selling price and then have the dealer that you decide to go with calculate your vehicle's monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor.

In regards to the advertised lease that you mentioned, assuming that your credit is in good shape and you are getting a similarly equipped vehicle I wouldn't be surprised if you were able to beat it. Manufacturers' official advertised lease payments often leave a little meat on the bone so to speak. It makes sense if one thinks about it, if manufacturers advertised the thinnest possible deal on a vehicle their dealers would probably be pretty annoyed.

Car_man
    Host
  • sewellgsmsewellgsm Member Posts: 775
    We are annoyed....
  • mjf5012mjf5012 Member Posts: 10
    edited December 2011
    Hello Car Man,

What are the December residual and money factor rates for a 2011 G25x Sedan?
  • suberman1suberman1 Member Posts: 8
    Hi
    i am planning to lease a g25x AWD with premium package and I was given a quote of 369+tax, 0 down in NY (title and reg excluded). After reading the forums I feel this is not a good deal. Can you please post the MF, residual & MSARAP/invoice for this car? Thanks so much.
  • basamxbasamx Member Posts: 17
    What did you end up doing? What is the MF and Residual on the car? Sticker and Purchase Price?
  • amoszkowiczamoszkowicz Member Posts: 7
    When I looked in the NYC area for a g25x, I was given a quote of $280/mo+tax, 39 months, 12k miles. I thought it was a great deal. Just a bit too early for me to lease a car :(
    HA :)

Car_man
    Host
    Hi suberman1. Infiniti Financial Services' January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 G25X with 15,000 miles per year are .00052 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

You can find detailed pricing information for this car over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Car_man
    Host
  • suberman1suberman1 Member Posts: 8
    Thanks for the info. I haven't yet decided between the g25x or g37 x but the dealer in greenwich CT gave a good price(33707) for the loaded model and was open about the MF and residual.
    You're very welcome suberman1.

Car_man
    Host
  • davewedavewe Member Posts: 1
    Is this a good deal? Infinity is running its 389/month/10k lease for G25. My local dealer had no G25s, only G25x (in the NW AWD is king) so he said he would give me the same lease price (no down payment) for the G25x. I thought that sounded good. The next day I returned to try the car again with my son. The salesman made it pretty clear that there was probably "more meat on the bone" if I wanted to negotiate a better price. How much lower seems doable? Frankly compared to comparable cars, I thought the 389 sounded pretty nice.
    Hi davewe. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Do you happen to know what this car's selling price and MSRP are?

If I was in the market for this car right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of around a couple hundred dollars over dealer invoice. you can find the invoice price of the exact car that you are interested in over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Just a heads-up, a week or so ago Infiniti introduced a special "conquest" incentive on the G25 that provides a $1,000 cash incentive to current owners and lessees of any non-Infiniti vehicle.

Car_man
    Host
  • amoszamosz Member Posts: 38
    Hi,

I was wondering if there are any incentives on the g25. My car situation has changed, so I may be looking at this car again towards the end of May.
  • gpb59gpb59 Member Posts: 106
    I live in Vegas with one infiniti dealer. I'm looking for an advertised deal on a g25, 299/month with $0 down, for 36, 39 months. Only way to get it in Vegas would be to show I can get that deal fairly bearby
  • gpb59gpb59 Member Posts: 106
    car man can you give me the money factor and residual for a G25 Journey for 39 mos ann 10k miles/yr in Las Vegas and LA area? Thank you
    Hi amosz. Infiniti is currently providing lease support and $500 dealer cash on the 2012 G25 Sedan. There's another $500 to current owners of select competitive luxury models.

Car_man
    Host
    Sure gpb59. Infiniti Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2012 G25 Journey with 10,000 miles per year are .00035 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • idriver1idriver1 Member Posts: 2
    Carman -- I am in Maryland and thinking of leasing. Can you give me the money factor and residual value for a 2012 G25x? Are there any current incentives for buying or leasing? I currently don't own an Infiniti, Thanks,
    Hi idriver1. Infiniti Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 G25x with 15,000 miles per year are .00008 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

There is a $1,250 cash incentive on leases of this car right now.

Car_man
    Host
    how much more is the residual for 12k miles?
    Hi amosz. I believe that Infiniti Financial Services' 12,000 mile per year residual values are 1% higher than its 15,000 mile per year residuals.

Car_man
    Host
    edited May 2012
    Hi,

Thank you.

I see they also have a lease incentive of $1250?

what kind of selling price would I shoot for on this car?

So with the information listed above, I'm very torn about what to do.

My options are to lease a g25x, with intent to purchase at the end of the lease when I get a more permanent job and much better income (finishing med education career). My wife and I really do prefer the infiniti over the VW option. Added that the 1st year costs would be less since I won't be putting a down payment. Negatives are the insurance cost is higher and the fuel use is higher as well.

My other option is to purchase a 2012 jetta (tdi or gli, most likely). Which is also a good drive, but the lack of quality of the interior build construction really worries about. I've read a lot about a lot of rattles, pieces not fitting properly and the headliner breaking in the car. All this makes me wonder if I really want to deal those problems. Positives are that its a fun car to drive, its more economical and we would outright own the car. I do have doubts about the longevity of the car as well. It gets rated very poorly by JD power and Consumer reports

Any advice?
    So I guess some follow up.

I'm sure this could change somewhat if I go in to haggle, sign a lease.

But Given a price of $322/month. RV of 57%, MF = 0.000014, Cap cost = 33,800 (supposedly including the $1250 incentive). 39/12k.

I'm looking at things at both short term and long term.
    By my calculations, my cost for the infiniti would be $9k next year, versus putting $11k towards the GLI. Difference of about $2k.

Long term the jetta is much cheaper to own. But after year 1, I do expect my income to improve. Not sure I'll be happy long term with the jetta.

The Jetta feels like the sounder/safer choice.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,725
    Have you considered leasing the Jetta?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

To be honest, I really didn't think about leasing the VW.

The numbers I could find for the GLI in April for 36/15k, I think would put me in the ~340-350 price range/month (with NY taxes). [Big assumption I did my math right. Using Invoice as cap cost, 0.00048, 52%).

I think it would be cheaper, but not sure by how much though over the infiniti.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,725
    My feelings on buy vs. lease:

Leasing is alternative method of financing. If you are shopping for a certain car that you can afford to buy, but the lease deal is too good to pass up, then it makes sense to lease. Or, if the long-term reliability is an issue, then leasing also makes sense.

But, if you can't afford to buy a vehicle, then leasing with the intention to buy later when your income increases is a risky proposition. I could cite hundreds of posts, where life circumstances have changed, mileage driven increases, etc, etc.. Now, that doesn't preclude leasing... but, if you lease a car that you can afford to purchase, then over-mileage charges, etc.. can be handled within your budget. If you max out your car buying power on a lease payment, you have nowhere to go, if circumstances change and move against you.

To sum up (lol), don't lease a car that you wouldn't feel financially comfortable purchasing today. Better to buy or lease a cheaper car within your budget, then make those decisions, once that income increase has already happened.

So.. I'd vote for the Jetta.... and, if long-term reliability issues are a concern, then lease it.

(and, my wife has a G-sedan... not that big of an upgrade to make it worth the price, IMO)

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

You're very welcome amosz. If I was in the market for a 2012 G25 right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of around $500 over dealer invoice or so minus the available cash incentives. The cash on leases is $500 in some areas and $1,250 in others.

I personally think that the Jetta is a pretty nice car. Plus I always tend to err on the side of being conservative with my finances. If I was in your shoes, I personally would probably finance or lease a Jetta and wait ti get something more expensive until I had more permanent employment. Having said that, there's nothing wrong with getting a G25 if you can swing it.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks for all the advice.

We ended up purchasing a jetta GLI today. Very happy with the car so far. First car purchase. Got what I thought was an amazing deal around $600 below invoice with dest included.

As much as we loved the g25x, leasing a car when we have at least 1 move, more likely 2 in the next 2 years didn't make much sense. Plus we really couldn't look at the g25x as a car we could purchase otherwise.
    You're very welcome amosz. $600 under invoice is a good price for a Jetta GLI. Enjoy your new ride!

Car_man
    Host
  • gocelts101gocelts101 Member Posts: 1
    My local infinti dealership is offering the following lease special on a 2012 G25x w/ Moon.
    MSRP: 37,954
    Selling Price: 33,977 (Does not include sales tax, reg. fees, or dealer fees)

$289/month - 39 mos - 10,000 miles/yr, and $1,000 cash or trade down option. Fees, 1st payment, sales tax due at signing.

Does this seem like a good deal?

Thanks!
  • spohiospohio Member Posts: 13
    edited June 2012
    Car_man,
    please tell me the current money factor and residual for a 2012 G25x with moonroof. 36 or 39 months, 12k miles
    Hello spohio. Infiniti Financial Services' June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 G25x with 12,000 miles per year are .00008 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease are .00014 and 56%.

Car_man
    Host
  • chrchr Member Posts: 3
    Hi there Car_man,

What does the July MF and residual look like for a G25x with moonroof on an 18 month lease (12k per year)? Also, are there any other cash back incentives this month? Thanks so much!
    Hey chr. Infiniti Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for an 18-month lease of a 2012 G25x with 12,000 miles per year are .00027 and 77%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • i_luv_carsi_luv_cars Member Posts: 1
    Hey Car_man, what is MF and residual on the G25 Journey under the current national ad?
    Hey i_luv_cars. Infiniti Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for an 18-month lease of a 2012 G25 Journey with 12,000 miles per year are .00001 and 73%, respectively.

Infiniti is currently providing a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of this car.

Car_man
    Host
  • orly79orly79 Member Posts: 3
    Hello Car-Man, i know you are probably busy but if you have time to answer my question that would be awesome. Thank you..

Do you know the money factor/residual value on a g25 journey sedan no moonroof with 12k miles for 24 months?

Please let me know going to dealership tomorrow to check out...
    As a parent of two little ones, I'm always busy ;), but I'd be happy to help you out.

Infiniti Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2012 G25 Journey with 12,000 miles per year are .00001 and 69%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • dcf1955dcf1955 Member Posts: 41
    Was offered this yesterday in MA but didnt take it. Not sure why as it seems pretty good. If same deals continue will probably take it:

G25X
    MSRP 37295
    SALE PRICE 32876
    18 mo. 12k/yr
    RESIDUAL 29240
    1000 negative equity from trade rolled in
    1299 down (first, 700 aqui, 125 doc fee, another 125 fee)

$281 plus tax
    Hello Carman,

Hope all is well, i currently had an offer which is shown below and went for it, however, after reviewing the actual contract, i noticed the numbers dont seem to be the same as to what was negotiated at first... During negotiation, salesman provided me a 71% residual value and a .00027 money factor based on the deal below. When i reviewed the contract, the residual was at 80% and money factor at .00093. During negotiation process, the 700 acquisition should have been included in the negotiation price shown below yet it was added on to the neg. price listed on the contract. They also added sales tax into the negotiation price which was agreed upon to be included in my monthly not paid upfront. Because of these additions, my cap cost increased.

Overall i still think i got a good deal as the advertised lease special for July was 249/month. less than the national advertisement of 289/month. Anyways, could you tell me if i still recieved a good deal on the lease? It is listed below

2012 g25x black on black with moonroof
    359 a month (tax should be included in this)
    12k/yr
    18months
    1056 upfront fees but this went to the first month, doc fees, and title, license, registration fees.
    negotiated price was 34,612 as shown in the advertised lease special. Anywho, i am convinced i am still getting the advertised lease special as shown on their site which was 249/month plus tax and a 1799 (including first payment )down payment which would calculate to est. 359 a month once you add tax a minus the down payment.

still good deal?
    Hi orly79. Do you happen to know this car's MSRP and selling price? That would make it much easier for me to evaluate your deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello Car Man - can you share your thoughts on this lease deal? Thanks!

2012 G25X
    MSRP: 37975
    Sale Price: 33190
    18 mo, 12k miles/yr
    $1300 down (includes first month and all fees, taxes)
    Eats $200 of trade-in negative equity
    $294/month (includes 6.25% MA sales tax)
    Hi dcf1955. The selling price that you were quoted for this car looks great. Just make sure that the dealer uses Infiniti Financial Services' 18-month buy rate of .00092 to calculate your payment (top credit tier) and you're in business.

Car_man
    Host
  • narrajacknarrajack Member Posts: 5
    Carman: I took your advice 3 yrs ago with an Audi, which worked well. Here's what I am looking at now:

2012 G25 awd with 15,000 miles per year. This is what dealer proposed:
    MSRP $38,095
    Neg Cap $34,289
    Appears to be a 80% residual
    MF appears around .00027
    $1493.75 down incl 1st payment Base payment $325.86 + tax 22.81= $348.67

Seems reasonable for 15,000 miles, my calculations seem only $10 or so less a month.

Thanks, Jack
    Welcome back Jack. Let's take a look at this deal.

The dealer invoice price of this car is $35,297. If we subtract the $1,000 cash incentive that Infiniti is providing on leases of it from that it drops to $34,297. That's almost exactly the price that you were quoted, so you are getting a very good deal.

Just make sure that the dealer uses Infiniti Financial Services' current 36-month buy rate lease money factor of .00010 (top credit tier) to calculate your payment and you're in business.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks Car Man. Confirmed the MF rate at .00092 and together with your approval on price, took delivery yesterday. So far, the car rides great and am overall very happy. Anybody looking at the G25 - I would suggest splurging for the G37 if you can. Bigger engine and better stereo seem worth the added price. If not, the G25 is still pretty nice. And if you're looking in the MA area I highly recommend Prime in Hanover. Shopped a bunch of dealerships, but Prime seemed most aggressive on price without having to go ten rounds.
  • vasqdvasqd Member Posts: 2
    So, I've never leased before. If I go in and accept this incentive, is it a good deal?

http://www.edmunds.com/infiniti/g-sedan/2012/car-incentives.html?style=101408205- &irr_section=leasing_irr