Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti G25 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,186
Shopping for a G25? Tell us about it!

Edmunds Price Checker
Edmunds Lease Calculator
Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Comments

• liche90liche90 Member Posts: 28
    Just bought a G25x in cleveland Ohio. Got a great deal at Airport Infiniti. With splash guards, MRSP $34,995, Invoice $32,375, paid $31,500, without TTL or fees. Other fees include a $250 doc fee and TTL. I had to cross ship 4 dealers around this area to get this price. I suggest just going in and tell them the price you are willing to pay, and they will work with you.

hope this info helps someone, tell them Adam sent you.
  • dash5dash5 Member Posts: 421
    Very good to hear they are dealing on these. Under invoice is very encouraging.
  • jefftrolljefftroll Member Posts: 8
    edited October 2010
    I'm shopping a G25 Liquid Platinum - Journey.

I will be using my companies VPP which entitles me to 1.5% off invoice plus any incentives. There are no incentives at the moment.

Here is what it looks like before any discounts:

Base MSRP* $32,350.00
    Exterior Color
    Liquid Platinum
    Interior Color and Trim
    Packages and Options
    Moonroof $1,000.00
    Accessories**
    Carpeted Trunk Mat, Trunk Net and First-aid Kit $195.00

Configured MSRP* $33,545.00
    Destination and Handling $875.00
    Total MSRP* $34,420.00

The price on the car is a set price due to my VPP however the options are negotiable right? What kind of pricing should I shoot for on the accessories and options?

I think I am looking at $31,518.55 plus TTL with my VPP plus options. I saw the post where someone got $31500 plus TTL and fees for a G25x. I assume he means the $875 deliver fee which puts him at $32,375 plus TTL as a fair comparison to the price I could potentially pay.

My math:
    Dealer Price:$29,897
    Minus 1.5% 448.55
    New price: $29,448.55
    Plus Destination $875
    Plus Options $1195
    Price before TTL: $31,518.55

Any insight into this would be appreciated.
  • kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Member Posts: 1,051
    All the options and accessories you listed are from the factory and are not negotiable with VPP. You would pay your 1.5 off invoice.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
    I understand that the VPP is off the invoice and I believe I stated that early in that post. So the overall question of my long post is what I should negotiate for on the following pricing.

Destination and Handling $875.00
    Packages and Options
    Moonroof $1,000.00
    Accessories**
    Carpeted Trunk Mat, Trunk Net and First-aid Kit $195.00
  • m6userm6user Member Posts: 3,181
    Packages/Options and the Mooroof are factory installed and are already part of the factory invoice. You get a percentage off of that invoice. There is no negotiation on factory installed options as they are alread part of the invoice.

Dealer installed options like pinstriping, hood bras, etc. may be subject to negotiation however. Look at the MSRP label. Everything on that is also on the invoice. What is so hard to understand?
    edited October 2010
    It is not hard to understand. I'm glad you pointed out the fact about factory installed vs dealer installed. I was not seeing it that way until I read your post.

I found factory invoice pricing here on Edmunds:
    G25 Journey: $29,897
    Invoice moonroof : $866
    Carpeted Trunk Mat, Trunk Net and First Aid: $137

Thanks for the info.

Final math:
    $29,897
    Invoice moonroof : $866
    Carpeted Trunk Mat, Trunk Net and First Aid: $137
    Invoice: $30,900 with options
    1.5% = 463.5
    VPP = $30,436.5
    +$875 = 31,311.5

+TTL
    So does this look like a good deal with this setup?
    I really don't want to discourage you if you like the car and it's attributes. Personally, I have an older Infiniti and love the brand but I think the G25 is overpriced. For a brand new model with no current incentives buying it at the VPP deal is not bad and probably about as good as you're going to get at this time.
  • kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Member Posts: 1,051
    I really don't like that the premium package is not available on the G25. It really is a must to make a G top notch.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • dash5dash5 Member Posts: 421
    Under invoice sounds like a good deal to me for a brand new car. Someone at work got a new one in black and it's gorgeous. Same as the G37 so no surprise. As for value I think 31k + ttl for this car is a good price point and actually a lot for the money. Edmunds has the G37 Journey TMV at 36.5k so for 5k less you get the same car essentially, minus about 110hp, and a bit better fuel economy. Couple thousand less than the 328i as well for about the same performance.

Not to mention the reviews on the car are very good that I've read.
    I know. I had great expectations for this car and Infiniti did not come through IMO. Should be priced at a start of $29,900 and get at least 22/30mpg and keep all the options available on the G37.
  • smarty666smarty666 Member Posts: 1,503
    edited October 2010
    or that you can't get a nav system or a manual which it's competition does which obviously puts the G25 at a disadvantage in that department.

I would have like to seen msrp top off at $32-34k with nav, awd, and manual and I could have accepted the price a little bit more. Plus, this car should have had no problem with at least a 21/30 mpg rating so Infiniti did not come through for me on the mpg.
    Missing Nav does not bother me that much as an iphone 4 owner with navigon to get me around in unfamiliar territory. The thing that bugs me the most is the 6 speaker sound vs the 10 speaker. My wife's Nissan Rogue SL has 7 speakers. Premium 6 speaker sound is vague. I would like more specifics on that. I'll be test driving one of these sometime next week.
    My price included the delivery fee.
  • fjs717fjs717 Member Posts: 2
    I have been searching (local & internet) for a G25 for my wife. We live in Huntsville, AL and test drove a base model at the local dealership yesterday. We both liked how the car drove and handled. The local dealership is not a high volume dealer. Their offer was $29,887 plus tag, title & tax for a base model (they only had one in stock). The only option was wheel locks ($199 I think). Total sticker was $32,024.

We are only about 175 miles from Atlanta where they have quite a few high volume Infiniti dealerships. I have received internet pricing quotes for a G25 base model from two dealerships in ATL ... $27,888 plus tag, title, tax and $27,878 plus tag, title, tax. My local dealer essentially said there was no way the G25 could be sold at those prices. TrueCar.com has the Dealer Cost of a G25 Base Model at $28,864(that includes the $875 destination charge) so am I missing something here? Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks very much.
    I would say those quotes are very good. They probably are hoping you are trading in or they might do a hard sell on some extras. Just decline those and watch out for some fees. But that price is 1,600 under invoice, which is really good.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,186
    Watch out for a big doc fee..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• fjs717fjs717 Member Posts: 2
    Doc fee is $499.
  • bcvc71_libcvc71_li Member Posts: 51
    This was also posted in the G25 Lease Questions forum. Here's my contribution to the forum. This weekend, I finalized a lease of a 2011 G25x with the following three options: (1) Moonroof, (2) Carpeted Trunk Mat, Trunk Net and First Aid Kit, and (3) splash guards. Here's the deal I struck for a 39 month / 15,000 miles/year lease with no cap reduction in the NY metro area:

MSRP= $36,190
    Negotiated Sale Price= $32,987 (that's $391 under invoice)

Lease Terms:
    39 months
    Residual= 61% ($22,075.90)
    Money Factor= .00171

Leasing fees and taxes (all paid up front):
    Security Deposit= $0
    Bank Fee= $595
    Doc Fee= $75
    NY Tax, Title and License

Lease Payment= $374 / month
  • its_pfordits_pford Member Posts: 4
    edited October 2010
    Hey guys, need some advice. Im shopping a G25X. Im located in Pittsburgh and there is only one dealer here, so I can't really shop around for deals. The closest dealer is 180 miles away in Cleveland. The first round of numbers that I got for a lease are:

g25x 15k miles @ 39mos
    Selling Price: 35325
    Trade: 5500 (Honda Accord)
    Money Factor: .00217
    Tax: 9%
    Residual: 61%
    Payment: 394

It sounds like everyone else is getting a much better deal. If I could get the price down to around 32K I would consider buying over leasing. I appreciate any help.
    I would get a quote from airport Infiniti in Cleveland. And see what they give you. I just bought a car from them and I would say their prices beats most dealerships
    Liche90,

Did you have a trade in? Can you tell me a little more about your experience with Airport Infiniti? I'm working on getting some numbers from a few dealers including them and wanted to hear a little more about your experience.
    Liche90 - good looks for suggesting Airport Infiniti. Ended up getting an awesome deal from them... Graphite Shadow G25x w/ sunroof. MSRP 35825. Got it for 31550 (includes destination fee) + TTL. If anyone is looking and Cleveland is within reason distance wise, I would def suggest checking them out.
    I think becaue they are a new dealership, their prices are always better than other dealers around this area. That guy just got the car 1.5k under invoice, I would say that's a pretty good prices. The dealership is brand new and the people are really nice, but since they are so busy, you might see your sales person running around while you try to make the deal. But would highly recommend them because their price is so good.
    edited November 2010
    Wow, that's a fantastic price! Congratulations. According to Truecar the Dealer Cost of that vehicle including a $699 holdback and destination fee is $32,413. So, it looks like the dealer cut into its holdback and then some to do this deal. I wonder if they tried to make some money elsewhere in the deal. Were you charged any doc fees or other fees? Did you have a trade in? Did you finance through the dealer and, if so, what kind of interest rate are you paying? Some more details on you deal would be helpful to others. Thanks.
    edited November 2010
    The only fee was a $225 document fee, and I did have a trade in - 2003 Honda Accord EX V6 (everything except navigation) w/ 137500 miles.. Blue Book trade in was around 5500 and they gave me 5000 for it without ever seeing it. It was in pretty good condition, some nicks and scratches but ran like a champ. The check engine light was on for an emissions issue, I believe it was the O2 sensors though so not a huge deal. I plan on keeping the car for awhile so I financed 72mos @ 3.9 through Infiniti Financial. It was between 60mos (2.9%) and 72mos (3.9%), but after doing some research I realized that Edmunds has the 2006 G35x's holding about 47% residual value on a trade in, so I chose the 72mos because even if I decide to trade in after 4yrs, I will still owe less than what I will get for it at trade in and I enjoy smaller monthly payments. The financing choices are all personal preference though depending on how much you are willing to spend per month.
  • navoidnavoid Member Posts: 1
    Hey I just wanted to add my experience to the forum. I recommend Sheehy Infiniti in Annapolis, MD, if you are on the mideast coast. I'll talk about details after all the ink has been signed, but they gave me a very reasonable deal for a g25 journey model. Definitely comprable to what people are saying about Airport Infiniti in Cleveland. Also the buying experience so far has been incredible, even enjoyable with this staff.
  • hintzhintz Member Posts: 71
    Hope you post your deal you got.
  • bigpiecebigpiece Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2010
    Anyone know a good Infiniti dealership around the New York tri-state area?
    I was at the Sunrise dealerships, there are two in Long Island. Both dealers selling the G25 packaged with roof and splash guards. They said all the dealers around North-East selling the same package deal. Anyone know if they can sale this car without the damn sunroof? It costs 1k.
  • smarty666smarty666 Member Posts: 1,503
    You probably could find one somewhere but from what I've seen thus far, its going to be difficult in this area to get one without a sunroof. Down here in NJ, I have yet to find one G25 on 3 separate Infiniti lots to not come with the sunroof. They all seem to have it.
  • redgolfredgolf Member Posts: 9
    I have settled on purchasing a G25 Journey but have a few questions I would like answered before I pull the trigger - please post if you can advise.

1. In California it appears the G25 Journey (MSRP $32,350) is the base model and you can't get the plain old G25 (MSRP $30,950). I'm okay with this as I need the Bluetooth and I like the heated seats, I am just looking for clarification.

2. For pricing, using MSRP do my calculations look about right for OTD:

Price $32,350.00
    Destination $875.00
    Tax (9.25%) $2,992.38
    License/Reg (from Cal DMV site) $464.03
    DMV Document Fee (dealers may charge up to $45) $45.00
    CA Tire Recycle Fee (fixed) $8.75
    Total $36,726.40

3. Regarding the Destination of $875, do Infiniti dealers always charge this or do they have room to move.

4. My target OTD is $33K or less - am I out of my mind or is this doable on the right day?

Thanks!
  • smokey100smokey100 Member Posts: 26
    Has anyone checked the mileage they're getting yet? If so, please let us know what you're getting.

Thanks,

Smokey
    I have a G25x and have been driving it for a little over month now. I'm averaging 23-24 mpg with mixed highway and city driving. I approach 26 mpg on the highway with cruise control. I'm hoping the mpg will improve as the engine gets more use (I have about 1,500 miles so far).
  • chainsawcharlychainsawcharly Member Posts: 2
    Hi There,
    Just purchased a g25x w/ Moonroof, & body color splash guards..OTD $33,676 + a very fair value for my trade in. Located in South Jersey
    Thank you for the heads-up. I'm making phone calls to dealers today.

I'll post my results.
    edited December 2010
    It sounds like bcvc71_li actually getting better combined mileage than the 22 average stated on the Edmund's G25x spec page.

How is everyone finding the road noise. A couple professional reviews say that bumps and road noise are more pronounced than one would expect from a premium car.
    New G25 Journey is in my driveway. $33K OTD in Bay Area.

Thanks for all the help!
    Redgolf, congrats! Which dealer sealed the deal?
    Peninsula Infiniti. Also got the 0.9% financing.
  • dayne20071dayne20071 Member Posts: 20
    I bought the G25 journey about a month ago, I get about 24 mpg in the city and 26 mpg on the hwy, I hope those number improve with time. The ride is sporty, which is fine by me, it is firmer than the G25x. However, it is a cool car, accerleration is adequate, I am please with my buy.
  • nxtcarmannxtcarman Member Posts: 12
    I've been following this forum about Airport and Bedford. I called both of them since they are the same distance from my house. I got a quote back from Bedford a lot faster and the salesman seemed like he knew what he was talking about - unlike Aiport. I don't know why it would take 4 hours for a phone quote.

I wanted the G25x with a moonroof - Airport seems like they only have one's without them and quote the same numbers.

Here's my numbers:
    MSRP: $36,190
    Invoice: $33,858
    Selling: $30,208 (Including rebates)
    39 months 10k miles
    Just $1277 out of pocket for "start ups"
    6.5% tax included
    $310.57 / month

What do you guys think? Infiniti of Bedford has the best deals I have been able to get so far.
  • nxtcarmannxtcarman Member Posts: 12
    Just saw in ad in the paper for Infiniti of Bedford that is making my decision even harder now! I'm now leaning towards the G37, but their lease special is:

G35x without moonroof (I think the salesman Nick said the MSRP was $35,190)
    39 months
    $299/month
    10k year
    Just tax additional.
    Nothing out of pocket - sign and drive.

There's strong competition here in Cleveland and this is amazing deal. I've had a good experience so far working with my salesman.

Just thought this might help somebody negotiate.
  • summitguysummitguy Member Posts: 8
    Just leased:

G25x + Moonroof + Splash Guards
    $35995 MSRP
    $31800 Price Paid

NJ Lease including 7% tax for 10K / 39 mo works out ot $352 / mo
    ($1684 signing payment includes title, doc, tags, 4 year emissions, 1st monthly payment).

Good price or did I get ripped off?
  • saratoga3saratoga3 Member Posts: 16
    group
    i am considering a G25X vs a CPO G35X. Just wondering if anyone else was considering the same. I really do not want to spend 40k for a car.
  • saratoga3saratoga3 Member Posts: 16
    my guess is that Infiniti will add pkges on later versions, so my guess is that on the 2012 you will be able to add more options.
  • subtitulosubtitulo Member Posts: 3
    G25x + splash guards + cargo mat/net

Price $31,800 + tax + registration

It looks like people have been able to get lower pricing in other parts of the country but the dealers do not seem to budge much around here.
  • bcinwestbcinwest Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2011
    Wow... You got a better deal that I could...
    For exact same car (G25X+moonroof+splash guard+cargo mat+first aid), I got offer:

33544.28 + tax + registration + APR for 5 years... adding up to 37256...

I'm holding off on that deal, to research a little more though..

I'm wondering what do I have to say to dealers to lower their price?
  • mankumanku Member Posts: 76
    Been offered a G25 w/moonroof for 900 (drive off incl first month) and 344 month with 9.75% tax for 39 months. 10K mileage.

Seems like a good deal...can I do much better?

Thanks.
  • fremontguptafremontgupta Member Posts: 1
    Just bought a G25 Journey in San Jose, CA. Got a great deal at Beshoff Infiniti. G25 Journey with Moonroof - paid $30200, without TTL or fees. Other fees include a $50 doc fee and TTL.
  • pkp8229pkp8229 Member Posts: 1
    Hi its_pford,

Thank you for your insight on your buying experience. I live in Pittsburgh area and I am interested in buying a G25x. I have some questions for you

1. If I were to buy the car from Airport Infiniti in Cleveland, Ohio how do I get the vehicle registered in PA? Could you please throw some light on the registration process i.e. when one buys the car from another state.

2. Do you think the G25x's AWD helped you in the snow? is it worth the buy or shall i consider the rear wheel drive?

3. Are you happy with you car? I am considering a few other options and it would be great if you could share your experience with the car.

Thanks a ton for your time.