Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

humming in instrument panel

kb125kb125 Member Posts: 2
edited August 2014 in Buick
Hi,
I am experiencing a humming or buzz noise coming from the instrument panel behind the steering wheel. It is fairly quiet, yet annnoying, and sounds electronic to me. Has anyone else experienced it? Anyone know what it is?

Occurs in 2006 lacrosse. Have also noticed it in a 2008 I test drove.
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    nace818nace818 Member Posts: 140
    I have what sounds like the same noise in my 2006 Lucerne. The odometer is digital so does that mean it doesn't have a speedometer/odometer cable? In olden days, I would think that the cable needed greasing. But I can hold some pressure on the shiny "wood" applique in front of the IP and the noise stops.
  • Options
    lacrossesoakedlacrossesoaked Member Posts: 87
    whole series of questions/answers already on the site...check under my post name of "lacrossesoaked" and you may find your answer.
  • Options
    kb125kb125 Member Posts: 2
    I don't think I am experiencing the same noise due to some vibration. This noise is also present when sitting in park and does not seem to be affected by driving. I had a GM mechanic look at it an he said that there is an intake fan behind the steering wheel that pull air from within the passanger cabin so that the climate control can monitor the interior cabin temperature. He said that it was this small fan I was hearing. He also said this fan runs all the time.

I am not familiar enough with this car. Does this make sense?
    Thanks
This discussion has been closed.