Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

GM IS REPLACING MY 2010 SILVERADO!! NEED ADVICE

dastoddmandastoddman Member Posts: 5
edited October 2014 in Chevrolet
general motors called today and said they are replacing my vehicle... awesome.. what i don't understand is they say it has to be the exact same options or i have to pay extra? even if the msrp is the same.. does anyone know about this.. he said i could get a 2011, but it had to be option for option or some crap. anyone know about this?

Comments

• artgpoartgpo Member Posts: 483
    In 1993 my Dodge Intrepid was bought back by Chrysler. I was allowed to pick any other Chrysler product. I was given the MSRP price of the Intrepid minus $.10 a mile for usage toward the new vehicle's MSRP. We chose a 1994 Grand Caravan and selected the options we wanted. The van was ordered and arrived about six weeks later. We paid the difference in MSRPs minus the $.10 a mile on the Intrepid.
  • dastoddmandastoddman Member Posts: 5
    i'm pretty sure since 17 years ago things might have changed a bit lol and gm is definitely not trying to give me any bonuses.. now they are saying we have a problem because i'm not willing to pay extra and they can't find another truck with my same options..

lame
  • gnl5gnl5 Member Posts: 3
    What kind of problems do you have with the truck that GM will replace it.
  • coach2413coach2413 Member Posts: 30
    It is called add on sales. Look up your vehicle on the internet and find one yourself then tell them where they are located.
    Yes, it will take time but a new truck is worth it. You can do a build sheet as well and then wait for them to build one to exact specs. This may be a little difficult but you may have to take an option or two extra.
  • coach2413coach2413 Member Posts: 30
    Yes. I would be very interested to find out what issues you have , that they will replace your truck.
  • gatorusa68gatorusa68 Member Posts: 5
    wait get them to buy back my terd. who did you use what attorney
  • fueledupfueledup Member Posts: 64
    So what's the big secret? Why is GM replacing your silverado!
  • chuck1chuck1 Member Posts: 1,405
    He probably just read his non-disclosure statement they asked him to sign.....
  • fueledupfueledup Member Posts: 64
    Yea but I'm sure ( dastoddman) isn't the name on his gm contract. Were here to help one another.
This discussion has been closed.