Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Exhaust Resonating

ricschricsch Member Posts: 540
edited November 2010 in Dodge
Our company has a '10 Grand Caravan SE with the 3.3 V6 engine and at cooler temperatures, below 45 degrees mainly, we experience some slight exhaust resonating when first starting out and prior to the engine being up to full operating temperature.

Anyone else notice this with their vans?

We will have it looked at by the dealer, but thought I'd post here to possibly get some insight into possible causes as I'm sure I'll get the comment "We haven't seen that problem before" from the service advisor.

Comments

• debtman3535debtman3535 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2010 3.7L V6 with the same issue. I just took delivery of the vehicle 2 days ago. It's pretty annoying. :mad:
  • tsu670tsu670 Member Posts: 293
    A common cause is the heat shield over the catalytic converter that needs to be adjusted or tightened.
  • ricschricsch Member Posts: 540
    Took the van in for service and had them check the exhaust for the resonating issue and as usual they couldn't duplicate the problem or find anything wrong.

They said everything looked fine. Maybe it's an internal issue within the muffler or cat?
  • xr4tiboyxr4tiboy Member Posts: 1
    I have same year van and same motor brought to dealership 6 times they still can't figure it out and say its nothing. Yet I've never heard anything like it before from any vehicle. I believe it's internal in the exhaust.
  • lostlost Member Posts: 64
    I believe that is is a design issue, I had a 2008 and a 2010 Grand caravan and they both had a annoying resonating exhaust noise at highway speeds. I now have a 2012 which has the 3.6 engine and 6 speed and I am sure a redesigned exhaust and it is noise free at highway speeds. These are company owned vans that are replaced every 2 years.