Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Sienna Wiper arm problems

ubabubab Member Posts: 4
My toyota Sienna CE 2001 driver wiper arm started rubbing against the windshield and has started to produce scratches. It is actually the very lower metal in the wiper arm that is causing and it should be noted the wiper & its metal is not in contact (and the wiper is in good condition) with the windshield , rather it is the wiper arm's very lower metal comes into contact. What should be done to fix it?

Comments

• Options
    ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    I wouldn't take chances - replace the whole thing ASAP. A windshield costs a lot more than a wiper.

Try one of the new seamless rubber "blade" style wipers. There's nothing on them that could cause scratching, so you'll never have that problem again. They cost more, but they look really cool.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Added to that when I refer to wiper arm's lower part , it is the J connector arm of the wiper and its lower part is the spring coil which scratches the windshield. Can someone help me on it?

Thx. I tried different wiper blades from Michelin, Rainx etc and it is not the wiper blade problem, rather the spring is scratching it.
  • Options
    I wonder if it is mis-shaped? Perhaps compare to another Sienna, the angle of that arm.
  • Options
    thx. i figured otu. the guys at the body shop probably switched the sides of the j-ram which resulted on it. ie they put the passenger j-arm to the driver side and viceversa.once i switched it , it was fine.
  • Options
    Good job figuring that out!
This discussion has been closed.