Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lincoln MKZ Hybrid

PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
edited June 2014 in Lincoln
Interested in the Lincoln hybrid? Or maybe you're got yourself a brand new one? This is the place to discuss it.

Comments

• I am interested in knowing what people are paying for their MKZ hybrid. Thanks!
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    I know of someone who just bought one so (hopefully) they should be posting about their experience shortly
  • texasestexases Member Posts: 10,700
    edited December 2010
    Guilty as charged (I asked PF to set this up, thanks)! We got it a week ago, $2k off list. Not a great deal (especially because all the rebates and other deals don't apply to the hybrid), but right in line with the Edmunds TMV calculator. I was in a weak bargaining position, I wanted the electronics package (backup camera + THX), but without a sunroof (I need every mm of headroom I can get). Only could find one at any dealer in the area.

To rub salt in that wound, we got a mailing from Ford the week before, $750 Best Buy card for any Lincoln purchase!*
    *excluding hybrids... :mad:

I had been considering the FFH, but I wanted leather, can't get that w/o a sunroof in a FFH, so this worked out fine for me.

So far so good, still learning the ropes, getting 36 mpg around town on first tank. Good combination of ride and handling, firmer than my '96 ES300, but better handling.
  • davantdavant Member Posts: 294
    edited December 2010
    Had out of state (AL) dealer agreed on $38K in white w/ult pkg, lists at 41,370 but went local (FL) and paid a grand more. Didn't want to drive that far and re-hassle trade that was kept separate. Awesome gadge-gration and near silent and silky smooth ride, bravo Lincoln engineers!

You'll save about a grand if you locate & buy from dealer with car on their lot. This is because the original dealer keeps holdback (on ours it was $815). Also, swapping/finding car means that dealer passes on fee to pick up/swap on to you, other than that they all pay the same for the car.

Kudos to Ford & Lincoln for not being greedy and charging no extra for a hybrid. Only had it a few days and we love it, can you tell? Guiltless luxury abounds.
  • doctored5doctored5 Member Posts: 11
    I got an MKZ in November that included moon roof and navigation packages for about $37.9k The car has performed as advertised, although the mileage has been about 35 in the cold weather. Handles well, even in the snow, reasonably peppy, and very quiet, with smooth ride, but not too mushy.
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    If you recently considered or bought a Lincoln MKZ or MKZ hybrid, a reporter wants to talk with you. Please respond to pr@edmunds.com no later than Friday, February 4, 2011 with your daytime contact information and a few words about your decision.
  • jimaf05jimaf05 Member Posts: 1
    I know it's a bit past Feb 4, but I'll bite -- 11,000 miles since I purchased in mid-November. In all, it's been a very good purchase. Great comfort, few quality issues, real-world 38 mpg (winter E10 gas). My only real complaints are poor dealer support for a luxury brand, a few options that should've been standard, sunglass holder that needs cushioning installed, and mud guards that don't match the contour of the rear bumper. Bottom line is that except for the dealership, good luxury value I wouldn't trade for any car out there.
  • buyerneedbuyerneed Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2011
    I am interesting in buying a 2011 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid. Is anyone looking to sell? Please post/ reply if you could have an interest in selling. If so, I will then post my email address, so we could get in contact. Thanks!!!
    Since the forums cannot be used to buy and sell items, any posts offering to sell a car would be removed. You might want to try the New Cars tab at the top of the page and the Car Finder
  • ferrarista1ferrarista1 Member Posts: 1
    Why is Lincoln using PLASTIC HUBCAPS on a $41K Hybrid car??????? This is deceit, fraud andI feel totally cheated! In this time and age it's not what I expect from a "Luxury" carmaker... Plastic Hubcaps...Really??! I will consider suing Ford for fraud!
    They're doing this because people want the chrome wheel 'look', and chrome over aluminum tends to peel and flake after a while, causing air leaks. The 'hubcaps' conceal a regular alloy wheel. You can get straight alloy wheels if you want.
  • kevin111kevin111 Member Posts: 991
    My girlfriend is looking into leasing a 2011-2012 MKZ Hybrid. With the 2013 MKZ about to come out, what is the best rates that people have experienced? Do they even have lease deals on the 2011? The dealer told us that Leases only started on 2012 models.
    I don't know about lease rates, but is there no way she can wait for the 2013? It'll be quite an improvement, I understand. But I like my 2011...
  • kevin111kevin111 Member Posts: 991
    Thank you. She has a lease that expires at the end of May, which is the issue.
  • duker3duker3 Member Posts: 1
    I agree the plastic wheels are disappointing. Also, unsure but my 2012 MKZ Hybrid does not track well on open highways. I have to constantly keep hands on wheel and steer the MKZ Hybrid to keep in center of hyway. In other words, wheels slightly verring right or left the MKZ heads in that direction. Also, steering seems very stiff as well as the ride feeling very stiff and jolting. The MKZ Hybrid is one month old maybe needs a greater break in period.
    Comments welcomed
    Mine has no problem on the freeway, I'd make sure the tires are correctly inflated (buy a high quality gauge and check first thing in the morning). If they are, I'd have the dealer check all four wheels for alignment. As to the ride, it is firmer than some, that's not a problem for me.
  • red0624red0624 Member Posts: 5
    Hi - I ordered mine in Sept. Have been continually stonewalled about realistic delivery date since. Customer care seems to be "care-less" and it's hard to become a customer if they don't deliver. What's the hold up? :confuse:
  • iphadkeiphadke Member Posts: 23

I took delivery on Platinum Dune color with 203A + Panaromic packages - in short The Works :smiley: MSRP was $47500. Got a lease of 39 months for 15k/year at $520/month after $1500 down payment. Residual was 55%, Money Factor was 1.75%.

Nice... and I don't have to suffer from new car envy since we picked a new one upon Friday night!! :D

• QuakerQuaker Member Posts: 85
    I have a family member looking to get a 2015 MKZ Hybrid. Is there any news out there on current incentives? Are there any updates on prices paid (e.g., discount relative to invoice or MSRP)?
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    There's some "free" money out there but no general incentives available unless the family member qualifies for the military or student or police incentive.

2015 Lincoln MKZ Sedan Incentives and Rebates
    Can a moderator provide any more details regarding the lease special below? For example, what is the MSRP, cap cost, MF, and residual used for this lease. Thanks!

Trade-In Customers & Current Lessees
    $339 /mo.
    36 Month Lincoln AFS Red Carpet Lease
    $0 Down Payment
    $0 First Month's Payment
    $0 Cash Due at Signing

Security deposit waived
    Taxes, title and license fees extra
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,896
    Quaker said:

Can a moderator provide any more details regarding the lease special below? For example, what is the MSRP, cap cost, MF, and residual used for this lease. Thanks!

Trade-In Customers & Current Lessees
    $339 /mo.
    36 Month Lincoln AFS Red Carpet Lease
    $0 Down Payment
    $0 First Month's Payment
    $0 Cash Due at Signing

Security deposit waived
    Taxes, title and license fees extra

Not enough information ... how many miles per year?

The fine print should provide more information about MSRP and such.

On the surface, it looks good ... but, the devil is in the details.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Here's the fine print from their Web site. It looks like 10,500 miles per year for this advertised lease. I don't see any reference to cap cost, MSRP, residual, or money factor. I am guessing an MSRP of $36,780 for the MKZ Hybrid based on the equipment group in the fine print. Any further help is greatly appreciated!

"MKZ Premium Equipment Group and MKZ Hybrid 200A Equipment Group. Not all buyers will qualify for Lincoln AFS Red Carpet Lease. Payments may vary; dealer determines price. Residency restrictions apply. Cash due at signing is after $4,100 Customer Cash for MKZ and $2,500 Customer Cash for MKZ Hybrid (PGM #50141) + $450 First Month's Payment Customer Cash (PGM #50143) + $1,000 Labor Day Trade-In Assist Bonus Cash (PGM #30137) which requires trade-in of 1995 or newer vehicle, or terminate lease 30 days prior to or 90 days after new retail delivery. Lessee responsible for excess wear and mileage over 31,500 miles at $0.20 per mile. Lessee has option to purchase vehicle at lease end at price negotiated with dealer at signing. Take new retail delivery from dealer stock by 9/7/15. See dealer for qualifications and complete details. Vehicle shown may have optional equipment not included in payment."
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,527
    36/10

51% residual for FWD gas
    55% residual for FWD Hybrid

Unfortunately, we don't have any other Lincoln lease information.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

The residual information is very helpful. I'll see if I can use that to figure out the other elements of the lease. I am getting this information for my father who is looking at this car. Thanks, again!
    I have a question regarding Edmunds' TMV for the 2015 and 2016 Lincoln MKZ Hybrids. Does the TMV take into account either the customer loyalty or conquest cash from Lincoln? If not, can I assume that you can deduct one of those numbers from the TMV? Please advise. Thanks!
    edited October 2015
    TMV prices DO NOT include manufacturer-to-consumer rebates (i.e. cash rebates). (FAQ)

After you price out your MKZ and land on the TMV page, "available" incentives will show up like so:

That's just a sample screenshot for a Fiat btw. I put available in quotes because incentives that aren't generally available unless you specifically qualify for them (loyalty/conquest, military, etc.) won't show up on that TMV page.

I didn't see any loyalty/conquest incentives for the MKZ hybrid for the one zip code I checked. They can be a bit hard to track.

Thank you for the response. I checked the Lincoln incentives page for our zip code (http://www.lincoln.com/cars/mkz/2015/incentives/), and the following appeared under Retail Offers for both the 2015 and 2016 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid: "0% APR for 60 mos. Lincoln AFS Financing PLUS $1,250 Owner Loyalty OR $2,250 Conquest Cash." The $1,250 is also mentioned under Finance Programs, and the $2,250 is also mentioned under More Offers.

Based on your response and the information above, I have two questions.

1. Assuming one qualifies for either dealer cash option, the applicable amount of dealer cash can be subtracted from the TMV which is provided on the edmunds.com website. Is that correct?

2. Do you have to finance in order to take advantage of either dealer cash option from Lincoln? I am not clear on this from the fine print.

Please advise. Thanks, again!
    1. Since Lincoln is advertising the incentives on their web page, I think the Loyalty/Conquest cash falls under the cash rebate definition. So it would be substracted from TMV (that final number would show up as "Customer Cash Adjusted True Market Value" if we showed those incentives).

2. The way I read your link, you don't have to finance to get the Loyalty or Conquest cash.

Note that Lincoln's fine print says "Please see your dealer for details." I'm curious to learn if your dealer reads this the same way. ;)
    Thanks, again! I will report back the dealer's response on the Owner Loyalty and Conquest Cash.
  • dmersingerdmersinger Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone have experience with the Lincoln MKZ for long distance travel? How does it handle at 75-80 MPH on our rough interstate system. Can the small gas engine keep up and provide good mileage after the electric runs out?
    Thank you.
    We use our 2011 for our road trips, works fine. Mpgs are a bit lower, 35 instead of 37 in town. Engine is strong enough, the battery stays charged around 50%. Haven’t driven it in the mountains, so can’t say how it’d handle steep climbs at altitude.