Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lincoln Town Car Power Trunk Problem

kargkarg Member Posts: 20
edited October 2014 in Lincoln
I have a 2003 Lincoln Town Car - Cartier L - long wheel base edition. Very recently - the power trunk funtion has stopped working. I can use the key to get in manually and the pull-down motor will come up - as the trunk opens, but there are no trunk lights and the power up and down motor does not operate at all.

Neither the door button, or the key fob buttons work. Also, once the trunk is closed the pull-down motor usually won't operate until the car is started or I've found it will close by pushing the trunk button on the key fob a bunch of times.

I've searched the general web and a lot of people have posted this issue, but no one has ever gone back with the solution. I've torn my pull-down motor apart and am thinking that maybe the two little switches that work in conjunction with that system may be to blame.

If anyone could help - I'd certainly appreciate it!

THANKS!

Comments

• euphoniumeuphonium Member Posts: 3,425
    Try replacing the trunk light bulbs. If that circuit works, then it is independent of the pull down motor.

Our pull down motor quit a few years ago so we used a spare wire to have the "catch" come up far enough to engage the lid when we shut it manually. However, the electric release has been working all the time.

I agree maybe the two little switches that work in conjunction with that system may be to blame.
  • kargkarg Member Posts: 20
    edited December 2010
    Thanks for the quick reply. I have written two lengthy replies and had them disappear twice. This forum box is flightier than my trunk!
  • rendon1222rendon1222 Member Posts: 1
    Sorry, to heard that, I have the exactly same model as you, and I have the same problem too, there's no lights back in the trunk, some times when I pull the fuse out and wait for a minute and put it back works, but only for a few times, if you already fix the problem could you share?
This discussion has been closed.