Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Buick Verano

2»

Comments

• billherrmannbillherrmann Member Posts: 108
    Anyone with actual info as when we can expect the 2013 in dealers showrooms? Guesses range from October to January.
  • billherrmannbillherrmann Member Posts: 108
    Could someone please explain what an 'eAssist' engine is. Will it replace the current engine? Possible arrival date? Thank you.
  • gmcustsvcsarahgmcustsvcsarah Member Posts: 1,964
    Good afternoon,
    Production on the 2013 Verano is scheduled to begin today, 8/6/12, and we ask that you allow 8-12 weeks for these vehicles to begin arriving to dealership lots. I am unsure as to the specifics of the turbo.

In regards to your next post, I would recommend visiting this page to learn more about eAssist technology: http://www.buick.com/eassist-fuel-efficient-technology.html

Sarah, GM Customer Service
  • dodgeman07dodgeman07 Member Posts: 574
    Turbo + eAssist is not currently in the cards. I would expect the eAssist to become the base engine during the 2013MY or 2014MY at the latest.
  • m6userm6user Member Posts: 3,181
    "The turbocharged version of Buick's compact Verano will get 31 mpg on the highway, according to the EPA. The 2013 Verano Turbo is rated at 20/31/24 mpg city/highway/combined. Non-turbocharged Veranos use a 180-horsepower four-cylinder engine and get 21/32/25 mpg"

Above is from cars.com. The turbo is definitely "in the cards" for the 2013MY. We just don't know how long before it hits the street.
    Of course it is.

The question was, "Will the Turbo and eAssist be combined in the same engine?".

That is not "in the cards".
    edited August 2012
    Thought you meant either/or. Guess I blew by the e-assist combined with the turbo question as it sounded kind of ridiculous. However, the more I think about it I assume something like that could be possible someday, just not from GM in the near future.
  • joef8joef8 Member Posts: 4
    GM's Opel subsidiary in Germany is introducing turbo and auto start-stop on their economy-priced "Corsa" model to be sold in Europe. Also, BMW has turbo and start-stop technology combined across the line. So the era of turbo and start-stop is here already.
    Yeah, I've read about that and I think there are others. Just the idea of a battery assisted turbo hybrid sounded odd but, like I said, when I think more about it, why not. One of the drawbacks on turbos is when you put your foot in it your fuel economy goes south, but if the battery were to kick in and take up some of the torque request it may be something that would work well. I'm certainly no engineer but it sounds like it could work.
    A turbo eAssist engine is very possible and we'll likely see it (or something similar) in the future.

Meanwhile, the turbo Verano is just a couple months away.
  • ubuntu1ubuntu1 Member Posts: 13
    Looking at buying a 2012 Buick Verano. Any idea on what kind of specials are going currently and what can one expect to pay for a 3-year lease assuming zero down? This is my first Buick and first time I will be leasing a car.
  • robtroxelrobtroxel Member Posts: 103
    If you lease, I think the best deals might b on the 13s when you factor in the higher residual value. I hope to hear what you get for pricing. I understand the 13s will finally get the back up camera.
    Just got one quote. Pricing wise, for the 12s one dealer is offering for $230 + tax and $775 down for a 36 month lease. He is assuming a residual of 60%.
    Better quote: $224 including taxes, plus $1,000 down. This is for a Verano convenience package with a sun roof.
  • bgz3bgz3 Member Posts: 1
    Just bought a base with no options for 0 down and 233 a month. 39 mo 12 k per year. No first payment so 38 payments.
    Love the car.
  • joef8joef8 Member Posts: 4
    Just read that the 1.6 litre 4cyl Turbo with start/stop from Opel *is* making its way here. The article speculated it would end up in various Chevy models in 2014/2015 -- no mention of Verano.
    When comparing to Regal, do you mean Verano is a notch better in transmission and luxurious interior or Regal is a notch better?
  • bmwshettybmwshetty Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2012
    Got the 2012 base model for a 39 month lease (12k Miles) with an all inclusive price including Tax title everything for $251 a month. 0 down. The only amount I paid was my first months lease payment $251.
    Very happy with the Car.
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    bmwshetty,
    Thank you for sharing your experience. Were glad that you enjoy your new Verano! Thank you for your support! If you need anything we are out here to assist with any questions comments or concerns. Happy trails! :-)
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
    Got the 2012 convenience model with sunroof for a 36 month lease (12k Miles) for $225 a month (including taxes, title, etc.) and $1,000 down. Very happy with the deal and the car so far. The ride is super smooth (much better than my Camry) and the car comes with a lot of bells and whistles.
  • onefunkaronefunkar Member Posts: 113
    e assist is a hybrid. battery behind back seats helps the engine for better mileage. gm started using it in 2007 with saturn greenlines on aura and vue. battery is now three times bigger. gm needs to get epa mileage up so trying to sell alot of hybrids by not calling them hybrids.
  • joeboy3joeboy3 Member Posts: 8
    Hi, I love my Verano but it seems to have a problem when I run the A/C. I live in south Florida, and after driving for 15 minutes or more, condensation starts to build up on the lower portion of the windshield (on the outside). If I flip the wipers 1 time, it clears, but slowly returns again a few minutes later. Anybody have a suggestion? I don't want to turn on the defroster when it's 85 degrees outside.
  • gmcustsvcsarahgmcustsvcsarah Member Posts: 1,964
    Good morning joeboy3,

Congratulations on your new Verano! Have you had this concern with your A/C evaluated by your dealership already? If you would like for us to look into this further, please email us at socialmedia@gm.com with more details (including your name and Edmunds username, phone and address, the last 8 of your VIN and current mileage, and the name of your dealership).

Kindest regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • joeboy3joeboy3 Member Posts: 8
    No, I haven't been in to the dealership yet; I'm waiting a few weeks to see if I have any other concerns, and then I will do it. They should be able to handle it.
    Thanks.
  • cmks02cmks02 Member Posts: 22
    I would like to know the November lease money factor and residual for a 2013 Verano with leather, 10K and 12K miles per year.
  • kabooziekaboozie Member Posts: 15
    Joe...I also live in FL and and have this same issue. It is maddening and I have not gone to the dealership yet.

:(
    Lack of Homelink was a deal breaker for me and I told the dealership. Might be silly to some but I am not keeping 3 remotes in my car.

They had one custom installed for me in one of the overhead spaces
    I have not had much time to understand the radio system in the car but maybe some other owners can respond to a few questions.

I have NAV in mine so I don't know if that changes anything.

Bluetooth... seems to work for phone but I cannot bluetooth radio like Pandora? I have to plug it in is that correct?

When I had my phone on Bluetooth it seemed like every text I got etc would chime over the radio playing? Is that normal?

Will the be downloadable updates for the radio or are we stuck with what it is from factory? I think my husbands camry gets downloadable updates to the radio and nav system.
    Good morning kaboozie,

Congratulations on your new Verano! Hopefully you've been able to enjoy it so far (although I see you have some air conditioning concerns on another thread). If there is anything you would like for us to check into in regards to servicing your vehicle, we can be contacted at socialmedia@gm.com (include your contact information and the last 8 digits of your VIN with your inquiry).

We have a specialty customer assistance team available to answer these specific questions that you have on your color touch radio. They can be reached at 855-478-7767 (Hours of Operation: Monday to Friday 8:00am to 10:00pm EST; Saturday 8:00am - 4pm EST).

• samtravissamtravis Member Posts: 1
    This is not strictly a Verano question, but my six month old Verano got some minor dents and scratches as it hit the side of my apartment building's large trash can. Now it's making some strange noise when I reverse the car (may or may not be connected). My question is: since the car is leased, does it make sense for me to go to the dealer or a non dealer mechanic shop to check out the strange noise. Would going to the dealer create issues when I return the car after my three year lease expires?
    Minor dents and scratches happen when a car is driven regularly. They are almost unavoidable, particularly over the duration of a multi-year lease.

No way I'd spend a dime with a non-Buick mechanic when the car is covered under Bumper-to-Bumper warranty with $0 deductible. Take it to a Buick dealer and explain the issue to them. Unless the car was crashed into a large dumpster, the noise when backing the car is probably unrelated to your scraping a trash can.
    Hey there samtravis,

It would be best to have your dealership check into this as you're well within warranty parameters. If the noise concern is due to a defect in materials or workmanship on GM's part, we will address that accordingly. If you should have further questions you wanted to ask us, please don't hesitate to contact us directly via email at socialmedia@gm.com (include your name and contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN and mileage, the name of your dealership, and a brief recap of the situation).

• tjg328tjg328 Member Posts: 5
    Here is a problem I have had on day one an the dealer can not fix. When your at a complete stop an you take slow the front end will shake it was in the shop for two weeks an can not fix. I have had their loaner car an it does the same. They have no clue on how to fix the problem. I am worried this problem will cause me with other front end problems. Anyone else have this problem? I am considering trading it in for another car an it a shame I am thinking of this after 4 mths of having it.
    tjg328,
    We're sorry that you're having troubles with your new Verano and that your dealership is unable to resolve them. If you would like for us to look into this further for you, please contact us at socialmedia@gm.com (include your name and contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN and mileage, a brief summary of the situation, and the name of your involved dealership).

• axle52axle52 Member Posts: 36
    edited May 2013
    First of all, I can't believe there isn't more recent messages about the Verano. I am from Ontario Canada and I am a recent retiree of GM St. Catharines. I purchased a 2013 Verano in April of this year and from day one there has been quality issues on the interior of my car. the most noticeable one is a design flaw regarding the Glove Box.

The position of the Glove box light interferes with the closing of the Glove box door. The rough plastic ridge of the light rubs on the lower ridge on the interior Glove box door and is leaving a mark, as well as wearing off the fuzzy material of the Glove box.

I have visited another dealership as well as my own and have noticed the same problem in all their Verano showroom vehicles.

For those of you who have 2012 and 2013 Veranos, I am curious to know if your own Veranos have the same problem.
  • rlm51rlm51 Member Posts: 21
    Hey axle,

Have not noticed a problem with the glove box. But then, I tend to slam rather than close, so no interference there. Also, I have only closed the glove box from the passenger seat (or outside, passenger door).

--
    Bob from the Mile High City
  • carneygarciacarneygarcia Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2012 Buick Verano that has jumped forward twice causing me to crash (into walls both times). Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a way to investigate through onstar what caused this to happen?
  • axle52axle52 Member Posts: 36
    Hi

(mine is a 2013 Verano)

I just experienced something similar only it felt like we were going forward but I was stopped with the car idiling in gear with my brake on. When in drive you can shift over to manual mode very easily. Just wondering if you were at a stop and in gear when this happened to you.
  • dbonzgrldbonzgrl Member Posts: 1
    Was wondering if you ever got the problem fixed? We bought a 2013 verano and have been having same issue. The dealership where we bought it had it for 6 weeks trying to figure out problem and can't seem to fix it or figure it out?? It's very frustrating! It's a brand new car... I only have had it for a few months. I have had issues with air and with the emergency brake. I am at my wits end! Thinking about talking to a lawyer about lemon law! Thanks...
  • carneygarciacarneygarcia Member Posts: 2
    They were not able to fix the problem but I know that many people have had the same issue. I'm talking to a Class Action Attorney because they are not doing a recall. After two accidents, its' going to make my insurance go sky high and I'm afraid to drive the vehicle again. I'm at a crossroads.
    Hi dbonzgrl,

Sorry for all the frustration your Verano has caused you. If you would like for us to contact your dealership, we can try to work with them to see this problem is resolved for you. If you are interested, please feel free to email us at socialmedia@gm.com [Attn Amber]. Also include your full name, VIN, mileage, contact info and dealership.

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care
    Hi dbonzgrl,

Sorry for all the frustration your Verano has caused you. If you would like for us to contact your dealership, we can try to work with them to see this problem is resolved for you. If you are interested, please feel free to email us at socialmedia@gm.com [Attn Amber]. Also include your full name, VIN, mileage, contact info and dealership.

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,146
    In addition to any action you might take privately, be sure to report the issue to the NHTSA at www.safercar.gov.

They're the only agency authorized to conduct an investigation if they believe it's warranted, which could lead to a recall.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• jcassanijcassani Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2013 Buick Vernano that propelled itself when I was parking that made me crash into a ditch. GM is doing an investigation and I am going to report it to NHTSA. Did you report your incident to your dealer, GM, or NHTSA?
    Please reply back, I don't want someone hurt or killed if there is a problem.
  • normskynormsky Member Posts: 6
    I just picked up a 6,000 mile old Verano Turbo this past May and have 13,000 miles and loving it. The car is phenomenal to drive and ride and it is quite the highway cruiser. Fuel economy is just under 40 mpg for my 6-speed manual when doing the speed limit or just above. You can't match this for the price!