Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2012 Hyundai Azera

124»

Comments

• dodgeman07dodgeman07 Member Posts: 574
    It was a late arrival to the 2012MY. 2013 Azera's will be here this summer.
  • jamazerajamazera Member Posts: 149
    Probably same result.....base@ $32K.....too expensive for the segment...Genesis overall is better package...especially the R Spec 429 hp .... worth the difference
  • bmb1767bmb1767 Member Posts: 64
    Pretty obvious you have a strong bias against the Azera, Jamazera. I had a 2009 Azera. Good car and good mileage. Would like to hear from others - good and bad. Not just continual bashing.
    bmb
    I have an '06 Azzy Ultimate black on black . 23K miles....love the car, but not the new model..wouldn't trade mine foe the new one...maybe a Genesis..see previous message.....also have a Santa Fe (150K miles) and a Sonata again the sls numbers on the Azzy's for the past few yrs suck
  • cobrazeracobrazera Member Posts: 352
    Personally, I don't care if the sales numbers on a car are low or not. The only downside I can see in that is that maybe resale would be affected, but if you keep the car awhile, it shouldn't matter. Our '06 Azera still gets appreciative looks, followed by a stare as they try to figure out what it is - exclusivity is good, too.
    I agree, though, that for about $3k more, a V6 Genesis is sweeter - but only if you live where there is little snowfall.
    sls numbers played a role in the demise of Pontiac, Olds, Saturn,Volvo,etc..
    Azera was not marketed as a winner...no major ads, etc....I would heavily consider the Genesis and I live in FL...only white stuff down here is the sand on Clearwater Bch or the cocaine in Miami..
    The GM brands you listed were axed for many reasons, and even though their sales volumes had decreased greatly from GMs heyday when marketshare was 50%, they still sold many cars. Lately, the models were not distinct and competed with each other. Why spend money in competition with yourself? I still fail to see a downside for the buyer in the scenario, however. All warranties on the cars continued to be covered in full, and their common parts with other divisions meant service was easily performed at sister divisions. The big losers in the loss of those divisions were the dealership personnel.
    As for Hyundai, if they decided to discontinue Azera, they are still required by law to maintain parts for 7 years, and I'm sure you could still get your car serviced at your Hyundai dealer.
    Don't know about down there in Florida, but Volvos are still sold around here. They have always been low volume ( at least here in the US ). The car group is now owned by a Chinese Corp.

If Hyundai ever provided an AWD option in the Genesis, that would really make the Azera redundant. Until then FWD simply works better for those of us who must drive in snow.
    Hyundai marketing/sls will not allow the Azera to cannabalize the Genesis product;but pricing is getting close between the 2 products....Porsche does the same with the 911,Boxster, and the Cayman.....3 different products but pricing is getting closer among the 3.....read: profit margins for speciality manufacturers increasing due to limited/slack sales...check the sls numbers on the 911 in the US last year, you'll be surprised......50% of Lexus sales come from the RX line.....remainder of the line is dated and stale.....IMO, sales drive the whole automotive market machine.....I've been in sls for 30+ years and seen a lot ....EV's are not the answer...small turbo 4's with high fuel numbers are the answer...a battery is not an energy producing device,,,it's an energy storage device....
  • oskidunker1oskidunker1 Member Posts: 213
    You can bet the price will be about 5k more for an all wheel drive genesis. Since all wheel drive systems are not all the same, I would probably look at a 2-3 year old Audi A6 instead.

I saw a film comparing all wheel drive systems of several cars. The Volvo was the worst, with the Audi going twice as far up the hill. The Subaru was close to the Audi. Who knows how good a Hyundai all wheel drive would be.
    Big news this morning that Hyundai has been caught lying about the fuel economy of some of its models. The EPA mileage listed on the window sticker has overstated the actual milage by as much as 4MPG. Azera is one of the many models affected. Whether it's just the new Azeras or the older ones too, will probably be reported as more news becomes available.

Our '06 Azera could achieve the 30MPG highway rating under ideal conditions, but the city mileage is not good. Many other persons have also complained about the mileage returned on anything other than freeway driving. By comparison, we have a Lincoln MKT - a large CUV with 3 row seating and AWD. Under the same driving condtions as our Azera, it returns 1 to 2MPG better.

Shame on you, Hyundai!
  • tenpin288tenpin288 Member Posts: 804
    Here is a list of affected models...

https://hyundaimpginfo.com/overview/affected-models
  • hjc1hjc1 Member Posts: 183
    I don't think it affects the 2012-13 Azera. They use combined city/hwy for gas rebate and that did not change. I have over 10,000 miles on my 2012 and I have averaged 26.89 mpg (using mileage divided by gas purchased