Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2011 Chevy Equinox Problems

Comments

• tony_deciantistony_deciantis Member Posts: 15
    Look carefully around the vehicle you will see it also go to a dealership and look at the white equinox they even have it
    Go to google search 2011 equinox with rust go to equinox forum and see the thread of complaints I'm there also remember us people have to stick together on Tuesday I will be speaking to the manager at GM Canada about this it's like a joke for them not to stand by there product
  • jujudjujud Member Posts: 9
    Tony, I will look tomorrow in daylight and let you know. Plan on taking it by dealership after reading about all these latest updates. I have not been actually on this site in a while. I read the one Edmonds automatically sends me. I can't even find my posts I wrote beginning June '11 because there have been soooo many since then over this past year!! Is there way you can see all your own posts?
    Yes it's easier in the sunlight I forgot to say but you should have it on your vehicle I have the rust spots on all 4 sides of the vehicle really noticeable in the back even the plastic bumper has it on mine let me know as I have these updates as they are written go to my phone this is how I reply so fast I'm from Toronto Canada how about yourself? I'm trying to get together with someone from this forum but have had no luck please let me know if you have but go to a dealership and look at the white equinox on the lot I mean the new vehicles and you will see it for yourself Keep me up to date thanks
  • jujudjujud Member Posts: 9
    Ok......I am from North Carolina
    To see your posts click on your name or the person you want to see
  • lsmithhartlsmithhart Member Posts: 21
    I am in Virginia and have not YET seen rust on my silver Equinox. I have had engine work done, because it kept cutting off. My gas mileage is 24MPG and that is mostly around town, as I don't fully trust it on long trips. This has been a really bad situation, considering I trust my 2007 Mazda for long road trips, more than my 2011 Chevy!

My dealership has been very helpful in making repairs, but they are the reason I'm in this situation in the first place. I asked the salesman, "have you had any problems with this 4cyl. engine?", he said "not a single problem". [non-permissible content removed], and if I can prove there was a previous communication within that dealership... then I will request some compensation. It's sad to me, as i was a longtime GM fan.
    It's more visible on the white ones and for long road trips you can trust it, it performs very well on the hiway last road trip I got 35.6 mpg it's only low speeds where it drives like crap
    I am in Virginia and have not YET seen rust on my silver Equinox. I have had engine work done, because it kept cutting off. My gas mileage is 24MPG and that is mostly around town, as I don't fully trust it on long trips. This has been a really bad situation, considering I trust my 2007 Mazda for long roadtrips, more than my 2011 Chevy!

My dealership has been very helpful in making repairs, but thay are the reason I'm in this situation in the first place. I asked the salesman, "have you had any problems with this 4cyl. engine?", he said "not a single problem". Total "BS" and if I can prove there was a previous communication about these problems and within that dealership... then I will request some compensation. It's sad to me, as I was a longtime GM fan. Ihope they (GM) decide to make this right.
  • dhoff457dhoff457 Member Posts: 8
    edited August 2012
    Agreed, cars today are generally more durable and last well beyond the old 100,000 mile standard but the bar was awfully low in the past. Companies like Toyota and Honda have been building cars to high standards for 30 years - the U.S. manufacturers are still playing catch up.

And they're not there yet; before my 2011 Equinox, I last bought an American car in 1995, a (highly-rated) Ford Taurus. I had ongoing issues and swore off American cars until deciding to give Chevy a chance; my fault, I should have learned - since purchasing it in June, I've had some big problems (car shutting off while traveling on a highway at 60 mph) and continuous small ones. I've owned 7 Toyotas, Nissan's and Hondas - all were nicely designed, ran well and held their resale value.

I don't care what they advertise or what the reviewers say - this time, I'll keep to my word; the Equinox will be the last Big Three car I buy.
  • sol556sol556 Member Posts: 1
    2011 Equinox LTZ 4 cyl AWD ~1900 miles on odom.
    With 750 mi. on it the following brake failure transpired:
    At approx. 25 mph I applied moderate braking and nothing happened..no slowing. There was normal pedal drop to a rock hard pedal, with no bleed-off. I then released and reapplied full hard press. and got the same response..no slowing. I then released and applied quick hard pumping press. and the brakes finally started to work normally. Total lapsed time was ~5 sec.

I reported this to the dealer, NTSHA and FTC. The dealer couldn't find a problem. When I reported problem to The BBB AUTO LINE I got a response back along with phone calls to me. That caused a response from GM Business Resource Center. That got local District Rep. and District Tech. to check-out the brake system. Long story short ...ZIP...NADA...NOTHING. I your not ready to go thru Arbatration and probably court it's a waste of much time and effort. Boycot GM products. They are too big to fail..HaHa.
  • trackdad38trackdad38 Member Posts: 1
    i to have had the same problem as most of you had. The camshaft accuator went first. A week later the timing chain accuator and timing chain need to be replaced. My neighbor works at Roush and told me this will be a continuing problem. I will most certainly get rid of this 2011 Equinox before the 100k warranty runs out!
  • gmcustsvcsarahgmcustsvcsarah Member Posts: 1,964
    Good morning trackdad38,

How has everything been running since you replaced the camshaft actuator, timing chain actuator, and timing chain? Do you have any continuing concerns?

Sarah, GM Customer Service
  • mjholman01mjholman01 Member Posts: 1
    I took my Equinox in today because of the same problems I have read here: Car stalls (luckily while stopped) and it lurches forward while shifting from 1st to 2nd gears.

The plugged the car in and got a P0011 code and said that my oil was low and it was the oil pressure. Nothing else.

I change the oil myself and follow the guide for the oil life and still have 62% left on this change, but they said I need to change the oil. They also doubted that I put enough oil in when I changed it. I used a 5qt jug and put the whole thing in...the car is burning/losing oil somehow.

Going to try topping off the oil and see if the problem persists. Going to get a 2nd opinion too, since this dealer has an F rating with the BBB.
    Good afternoon mjholman01,

We're sorry to hear about the shifting concern you're having with your Equinox. If we can check into anything regarding this situation, please email us at socialmedia@gm.com with the following information so we can update our system and open a service request for you: your name and Edmunds username, phone and address, the last 8 of your VIN and current mileage, and the name of your involved dealership.

• moparblue2moparblue2 Member Posts: 86
    Our 2012 Equinox 4 cylinder hold 6 qt oil. So maybe you are not putting a nuff in on oil change. :blush:
  • wbjgreenwbjgreen Member Posts: 1
    So glad I ran upon this website. Thought the problems we were having was something we was going have to just live with. Never once have we been told that our problem with noisy start up was a ongoing problem with other vehicles. Bought on May 14, 2011, 3 weeks later returned to dealership due to noise when starting car. Tech wrote on paper mispositioned need realignment. Code 314- diagnostic scan &R&I&R starter and reposition and torque bolts. Sorry over a year ago and not for sure exactly what they did. Continued making noise, finally when took it in for oil change on Sept. 1, 2011 mentioned the noise again. Told there was a recall and needed to reprogram engine control module. It was maybe better for a while, but kept getting louder till it sounded like a diesel sarting up. Like I said, just thought it was maybe normal. finally took it back before going on vacation on Aug. 2, 2012. They replaced water pump and balance shaft timing chain, tensioner, crank shaft balancer bolt and cam shaft acuator bolts. Did not help. Returned it on 9-7-12. Ordering parts to be put on next week. Not real optismistic that this a going to help. Along with this problem also had issue with static/vibration coming from either dash or front passenger door. Took 4 trips for them to narrow down that it was the speaker in front passenger door. Replaced speaker and has been fine since. At times noticed a slight hesitation when giving gas after being stopped. I thought it was just not having foot on pedal good, but maybe this is the stalling issue some of having. Bought because I needed a car with good gas mileage, due to driving 80 miles round trip 5 days/week to work. Only managed 26.5 mpg with 34,000 miles. Not what they stated. Really disappointed in this vechicle. Really would love to trade this in, but will I get the true value once they see all the problems I have had with it. Do think GM should compensate owners who have continuely had problems.
    Good morning wbjgreen,
    We're sorry that this noise has been so difficult to track down! If you would like for us to check into this further, please email us the following information at socialmedia@gm.com: your name and Edmunds username, your phone and address, the last 8 digits of your VIN and current mileage, and the name of your involved dealership.

• kelsan1kelsan1 Member Posts: 34
    Hello, just wanted to start a thread about the 2013 Equinox and would like to get driving impressions, gas mileage, likes/dislikes, fwd or awd etc.

Thanks. :)
  • dianen1dianen1 Member Posts: 2
    Well, here we are in September of 2012 and my vehicle has been back in the shop at least 3 times since may for the same issue as I stated before with the noise during start-up. GM is involved now but I'm pretty much fed up. Its time to provide me with a new vehicle.
    I have not heard "the noise" since my Equinox was worked on. I do however, have occational hard shifting issues. It seems to be very iregular, and that concerns me.

I hope you have better luck than some have, I am waiting to see what happens with mine. I love the vehicle, if not for these issues.
    Good morning dianen1,

We're sorry to hear that you have had to bring your Equinox in several times this year for repair work. It looks as though you're already working with Customer Assistance on this? If not and you would like to get a Service Request going, please don't hesitate to contact us at socialmedia@gm.com with further details (include your name, phone and address, the last 8 of your VIN and current mileage, and the name of your dealership).

Good morning lsmithhart,

While it's great news that you've been noise-free since you visited the dealership earlier this year, we're sorry that you are having some irregular shifting concerns with your Equinox. Has your dealer been able to duplicate this for you?

• pandajo25pandajo25 Member Posts: 2
    I bought my equinox brand new and was expecting a car with great mileage. I Like the car itself, but started having alot of the same issues I am seeing on other messages.
    My first issue was the jerking, lunging whenever jumping from 1st to 2nd gear. My dealership told me it was the computer trying to catch up. ?? WHAT??? so ok. then the noisy start up.
    It is making a very noticable clicking noice on start up, and sometimes sounds as bad as a diesel engine. I have taken it into my GM Dealership 3 times for the same issue. The first time I took it in, the assured me it was fixed. When I started it up to take it home, it MADE THE SAME NOISE??? WHAT??? They told me to drive it a few weeks to work out the engine.. Uh, Why did I buy a new car???? The second time, they tore it apart and said they couldn't figure it out so they replaced the SAME parts they did the first time.. DUH.. Told me they put a call into GM to consult on the next plan of action. They said they would call me back in a few days. 3 weeks later, my husband called the dealership and asked if they found anything out. NOPE!! they said to bring it in again. They had it for a week and all they did was start it up every day to see if the noise was still there. They have torn it apart and replaced some cam sensors twice, and re-timed it. I was told that eventually GM would put out a recall and then they would know how to fix it. I can't even trade this thing in, when they hear that noise, my trade value will be crap. I have been a loyal GM customer. The Equinox is my 9th Chevy. I am now looking at Ford products. Has anyone had a sucessfull fix to this problem?
  • saralafarguesaralafargue Member Posts: 2
    I have had the same consistant problem with my Equinox for over a year now. It has been in the shop coming up on the 4th time. the first time it went in was about a month after we purchased it, brand new! Vehicle stalled while in reverse and wouldnt start again. had to be towed to the dealership where we purchased it. the next time, they said they couldn't find anything wrong with it because the "check engine" light wasn't on. 3rd time he said they found a problem, but can't tell me what is wrong....they are supposed to come pick it up next week for repairs...needless to say, i've just about had it with this vehicle and am at the end of my rope....someone sold me a lemon and is fixing to get some serious lemonade!!!
  • saralafarguesaralafargue Member Posts: 2
    :confuse: :lemon: :mad: this about sums up my experience with GM products!! the engine sounding like a deisel is an understatement....i feel like such an idiot starting my car in front of a group of people...all i wait for is the black smoke coming out of the tail pipe! also, my car leaks alot, does anyone else have this issue too??
  • kelsan1kelsan1 Member Posts: 34
    I had the actuators and reflashing of the computer done at 6200 miles on my 2011 Terrain and now at 32000 miles have had no problems reoccur. Have you tried a different dealer for service? Not to make light of your problems but I am now on my 3rd Nox/Terrain and have found them to be good vehicles for what they are and cost. I to have bought GM for the last 35 years and have had good and bad experiences with the products but in the last 10 years they have made good vehicles and I have had no major issues with any of my purchases. Good luck.
    Good morning pandajo25,

We're sorry to hear about the experience you've been having with your new Equinox. If you wanted for us to look into this further, please contact us at socialmedia@gm.com with more details (including your name and Edmunds username, phone and address, the last 8 of your VIN and current mileage, and the name of your involved dealership).

Good morning saralafargue,

We're sorry to hear about the difficulties you've had with your Equinox over the year that you've had it. If you would like for us to look into this situation further, please email us at socialmedia@gm.com with more details, including your name and Edmunds username, phone and address, the last 8 digits of your VIN and current mileage, and the name of your dealership.

• eaf100eaf100 Member Posts: 1
    my wifes car is at the dealership today with the same problem, onstar said there was a charging error code
    eaf100,

We hope that your visit to the dealership on your Equinox goes well today. Please let us know if you would like for us to follow up on your appointment in any way - we can be reached at socialmedia@gm.com

• equinox2011equinox2011 Member Posts: 2
    I am having jerking issue on my Equinox 2011 LT FWD 4cyl. I noticed this issue ever since I drove the car from the beginning. This jerking issue occurs when I drive slowly around 5-10mph like somewhere in turning or to slow down for speed-breakers. It jerks really hard some times my sleeping baby on the back wakes up because of the jerk. So, I am wondering what is the fix for this issue? I have been noticing this issue since I purchased it however, I was hoping the issue will go away as someone mentioned it might take time for engine/transmission to setup as its brand-new. Now I already have 10K miles on it and already did first engine oil change in 7K miles but still I have that problem. So, please kindly advice what should I do?

:mad:
  • devilsbaydevilsbay Member Posts: 5
    Bought my brand new Equinox LTZ fully loaded cash 40,000 miles ago and have been to the dealership more times than I can count.

Most recently I had been noticing a rough idol, bad gas mileage, and stalling out so I went and took it in for a tune up thinking maybe the spark plugs maybe went bad. The dealership told me I wasn't scheduled for a tune up and not to worry. Well that day, my 18 month old son and I were making a u-turn at a busy intersection and the car stalled out in the middle of the freeway! Then two days later the car stalled out twice in one day at a stop light and at a stop sign - again with my baby in the car. You want to talk about feeling scared!

I took the vehicle to my local Greenwood Chevy dealer in Hollister, CA where i bought it. They said they couldn't duplicate the problem, but updated my computer system and fixed the seatbelt recall so that should help. Well it didn't!

Two weeks later (yesterday), still experiencing the problem I mentioned above with the rough idol. In addition, the check engine light came on. I called my dealership and he told me that the vehicle is still drivable with the check engine light on. It's only a problem if it's flashing. Oh well then I guess there is no problem then (Sarcasm)... What a joke!

Needless to say I'm now in a rental car, my vehicle is in the shop AGAIN, I've missed another half day of work, my child's carseat barely fits in the rental car, and I am not sure I even want it back. It's not safe for my child to be in and now with a 2nd baby on the way... there is no way I'm putting both of my children in this vehicle again! I paid $40,000 in cash for this top of the line vehicle that is now in the shop more than it's in my driveway!

I don't think I have any choice but to cut my losses and get rid of it at this point. I will tell you this... I will NEVER purchase another Chevy/GM product as long as I live. My children won't buy, nor will my family and friends. In fact.. I might even stand outside the Chevy dealer and tell other parents how unsafe chevy is for them to drive with their children in it. I'm sure they wouldn't want to be in the middle of a busy intersection, with their children in the back seat, and have their brand new $40,000 vehicle just STALL OUT!

It's unfortunate and I sure hope people read this so they don't make the same mistake as I did.
    equinox2011 and devilsbay,

I've read both of your posts and wanted to be sure to offer to check into this further for you both. Please contact us at socialmedia@gm.com and we'll open a Service Request on your behalf and being interacting with your dealership. We need the following information: your name and Edmunds username, phone and address, the last 8 of your VIN and current mileage, and the name of your involved dealership.

• sma1sma1 Member Posts: 20
    Your oil was low because your equinox is doing the same exact thing mine is. I've had all my oil changes done by the dealer and it has been in the shop numerous times. My motor is consuming oil. I called GM and they asked if i could recreate it stalling. Ummmm nooooo... It does it when it feels like it. My dealership thinks that because of the low oil that there is low pressure which is causing the truck to shut down...something to do with the cam actuator Because i can't recreate this issue GM offered me a years worth of free maintenance... Whoopy doo...

I've got 18 months of aggravation and monthly payments totaling over $8000, and my $1500 down payment into this vehicle. The dealer said they cant give me back much because they will loose on the resale... Okaaaay...and what about the $9500 I've lost? They don't care about their customers. this last time i had it in...8 weeks after my oil change done by Chevy...there was 1 quart of oil left in my truck. So now they have acknowledged something is wrong with my motor.

I'm trying to trade my equinox in...i don't want this piece of junk any longer. I don't care if they put a new motor in it or not. My truck will no longer be factory. The dealer tells me that GM will probably only give me $3000 for my trouble to be applied to a new vehicle.... What an insult considering all the money I have paid towards this vehicle. Now because of this junk vehicle that everyone is having the same exact problems with...i now have to add 2 more years to paying for a replacement vehicle. I'm seriously thinking about getting a lawyer, contacting the state to make a claim.... I don't know why Chevy is getting away with doing this to all of us that bought the 4 cylinder....i need to find out what my legal rights are.
  • meshell0914meshell0914 Member Posts: 1
    I have been having the same exact issue. I took it to my own mechanic to see what the problem is so the dealership doesn't try to overcharge me. It seems that everyone with a 2011 Equinox is having the same exact problems, and it's actually quite ridiculous that there hasn't been a recall. I bought Chevy because supposedly they are reliable, but this car has proven to be anything but. I'm hoping my mechanic is able to identify the problem and fix it.
    Hello meshell0914,

Unless your odometer reading exceeds 36,000 miles, you should still be well within your factory warranties. If we can check into warranty information for you, please send us the last 8 digits of your VIN in an email to socialmedia@gm.com

• CapeCodCapeCod Member Posts: 117
    My wife likes her 2011 Equinox...
    Because of that I have been quite tolerant.
    the "startup" noise comes and goes and I have my fingers crossed it will not lead to something serious a year of so from now. I have always felt mislead by GM's advertised MPG ratings.
    Around town my wife gets 25 mpg... on the road 28... Not great but acceptable.
    Of course my wife's 1998 Olds Van with a V-6 got 22mpg but those were the good ol' days.
    BUT suddenly since a recent oil change at local dealer the MPG's have fallen through the floor.
    First they dropped to 21-22 now for the last 60 miles it has dropped to 18.9 mpg !
    I've been suspicious of the electronic numbers so I have been manually checking for MPG's at 50 and 100 mile points. electronic always seems to be a mile or so higher than my manual figures. Again, I can accept my numbers might not be 100% acccurate BUT now even the Electronic numbers are below 20mpg! Has anyone had a similar dropoff in mpg? Car has around 18k miles on it. Temperature has gotten cooler here in the Northeast but that should mean no AC and better MPG's. Car is not idled for long periods like it might be in mid winter. Any suggestions what could be going on?
  • moparblue2moparblue2 Member Posts: 86
    I have allways notiest a drop in mpg in all of are cars when it gets cooler. I have been told its because of the winter blend of fuels. More alcohol in gas
  • pandajo25pandajo25 Member Posts: 2
    I Totally agree with you on that issue. I traded my gorgeous Monte Carlo in for the mileage and was completely disappointed. The day they delivered my car, (they drove it 500 miles to the dealership) not happy about that but when I checked the mpg, it say 19. I was like what the heck?? they just gave me some BS about the computer needing more miles to average out.. Although I do like the nox now, I'm still very sorry I picked up another car payment and gained nothing but headaches between this knocking noise and the mpg.
    By the way, they told me they can't fix it, but guarantee me it will be covered if it causes issues on down the road. That makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. This is my 7th NEW Chevrolet, and I am strongly considering another product at this point. Good luck with your nox.
    I fully expect dealership would tell me my "computer" needs to adjust to the cooler AM temperatures... 32 in the AM insn't the same as 60's. Might also get the old "different formula" for gasoline for the winter months excuse. I've warned my wife... a few more tankfuls at under 20 MPG and we might have to make a decision. I wonder if Sarah of Customer Service (our resident "Peggy") has an explanation why a vehicle would suddenly drop 20-25% in MPG? I very faithfully reset the MPG readout and keep a Trip 1 and Trip 2 record which I then manually calculate. The drop off in MPG is definitely there! Hard to believe I might start taking my 2003 Vibe with 150k miles on it for longer trips. I have a 700 mile trip coming up (to and from Cape Cod.) This is a trip I make 8 to 10 times a year. Mileage has always been 27 to upper 28 range. Best ever was a 29. We will see what my next trip brings?????
    Hello folks,

The fuel economy estimates are based on results of tests required by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). These tests are used to certify that vehicles meet the federal emissions and fuel economy standards. Manufacturers test pre-production prototypes of the new vehicle models and submit the test results to EPA. EPA re-tests about 10% of vehicle models to confirm the manufacturer's results.

New vehicles will not obtain their optimal fuel economy until the engine has broken in. A typical engine will take 3 to 5 thousand miles to break in and during this time period a gradual increase in fuel economy can be expected.

A vehicle's fuel economy depends on the energy content of the fuel on which it runs-this has been determined by EPA and others and is consistent with combustion theory. The use of oxygenated fuels or reformulated gasoline (RFG), for example, can cause a small decrease (1-3%) in fuel economy. In addition, the energy content of gasoline varies from season to season. In regards to seasonal blends, typical summer conventional gasoline contains about 1.7% more energy than typical winter conventional gasoline.

CapeCod, I am not sure why your vehicle has experienced this sudden drop in fuel economy. Have you checked into things like tire pressure and such?

• dhoff457dhoff457 Member Posts: 8
    The reality is, most every Equinox owner will tell you that the MPG info that is advertised is not even close. I maintain my vehicle according to manufacturer specs, keep the tires inflated properly, etc.

I've owned by Equinox for over a year and has over 30,000 miles. I've taken it on 1,000 mile trips where I barely leave the highway and it always gets in the ballpark of 19mpg.

That said, I like the vehicle a lot but have had a number of mechanical issues with it that you would not expect with a new car (I've had many new cars without problems).
  • ray80ray80 Member Posts: 1,655
    I believe manufacturers are supposed to advertise MPG based o the EPA tests (whether its close to real world or not) . I just reset the average MPG display before starting a road trip I am currently on with our Terrain. The first hundred miles or so I was not seeing expected results. First I found I had in-inadvertently left HVAC in re-circ mode, took care of that. Also Temps were in 28-32 degree range at start of trip , as soon as it warmed towards 45-50 mileage went right up where expected (25+ MPG on 6 CYL AWD rated at 22 hgwy)
    Car was just in for oil change and Tire rotation. Tires are fine and have never flucuated more than a pound. No way were they contributing to the loss of MPG. Since this is my wife's car I rarely drive it. BUT I was with her when we dropped it off and picked it up from the oil change. I actually remember there was a difference in the engine sound. After oil change it was noiceably quieter! Now I'm wondering if the oil level was down before the change? Nothing was noted on the service work order. But would they actually do that without being prompted by the customer? BTW: I remember checking the oil after we first got the vehicle. I had to ask the dealer to read it for me... Oil was so light in color and only measurable on a nub at the end of the dipstick. Almost impossible for me to read. Speaking of 'dipsticks', it just occurred to me am I wrong in thinking the oil life display also "measures" the amount of oil? Please don't tell me it simply calculates the "oil life" based simply on miles driven. I thought it was some high tech gizmo that measured level and 'health' (viscocity) of the oil, perfect for my wife who still doesn't know how to open the hood... and has no intention of learning to do so.
  • ray80ray80 Member Posts: 1,655
    It absolutely does not measure the oil level, owners still have to do that (or should like it has always been). The oil life monitor is based on miles/temps/rpms and most likely other I am forgetting.
  • dwhippledwhipple Member Posts: 1
    grindingurning. when starting: 13500 miles 2011. went 5000 miles between oil change. Stretched the timing chains. Replaced timing & water pump chains. Warranty. Oil not leaking. Must be burning. I am concerned. Was searching web to find if there is a history of this problem. Dealership was very upfront.
    Amazing... so really it does not read the condition of the oil. What it is doing is just an 'estimate' based on predetermined calculations. Ex: A 1000 miles of High speed driving with air temperature in the 90's might use up more oil life than 1000 miles of lower speed driving in mid 70's temperature. Here I thought there was a sensor actually "testing" the oil life.
    While I'm revealing how gullible I am... How about the "huge speaker" at the back of the car that takes up useable trunk space. Does it really generate negative 'white noise' to quiet the engine noise for driver & passenger at certain rpm's ?? Next someone will tell there is no Easter Bunny!
  • upset2011ownerupset2011owner Member Posts: 1
    I have had several of the same issues I am seeing on this forum. We have even gone to GM themselves and gotten authorization for a different dealership to work on our 2011 Equinox. I took time off from my job to take it to the new dealership and they made me feel like I am just a "stupid female"! I drive 60 miles a day and I KNOW my vehicle! They told me at this dealership they were unable to duplicate the issue and sent me on my way! I bought this brand new and have had nothing but problems since day one! I have been told on numerous occasions, "that is how they are supposed to shift" etc. I am fed up, but, I am not at the advantage of having money for an attorney to get the issue resolved or to envoke the "lemon law"!
    dwhipple,

If you had wanted for us to check into the situation further with your GM dealership, please contact us at socialmedia@gm.com with further information (please include your name and contact information, a summary of the situation, the last 8 of your VIN and mileage, and the name of your dealership).