Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Dodge Durango Lease Questions

Comments

• lagirl104lagirl104 Member Posts: 1
    There's a dealership with a dealer Dodge Durango RT with a little over 4,000 miles. They're offering around $6,000 off since this car has so many miles. Is this a good deal assuming I get competitive lease rate and residual value?
  • jfersheejfershee Member Posts: 6
    Hi Car_man,

Do you have the base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month and 39-month lease of a 2012 Dodge Durango Crew AWD with 12,000 miles per year and 10,000 miles per year? Thanks for any help you can provide.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hello jfershee. Through July 2nd, Ally's base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Dodge Durango Crew AWD with 12,000 miles per year are 0.35% and 44%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease are 0.35% and 42%.

The residual values for leases with only 10,000 miles per year are 1% higher.

In most areas Chrysler is providing a $3,750 cash incentive on leases of this truck through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • imirskyimirsky Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car Man:

Is the $3,750 incentive from Dodge? Do I HAVE TO lease through Dodge credit or dealership bank to get cash incentive? And can I apply the $$ towards the $$ down on my lease? Or does it simply reduce the purchase price for the vehicle that I am leasing?
  • max63max63 Member Posts: 76
    Hi car man, can you run some numbers off this internet price of a Durango Crew, RWD:

MSRP: $39,970, dealer discount 3,775 plus rebate of $1,000: Net Cap Cost: $35,195

Need 36 months and 12k per year, thanks!
    Yes, that cash incentive is being paid by Chrysler. You do have to lease through Ally or Chase, Chrysler's captive finance companies, to be eligible for it.

Using the cash as a down payment on your lease and using it to reduce your vehicle's selling price are essentially the same thing.

Car_man
    Host
    I'd be happy to max63. If you lease, the Durango's cash incentive jumps from $1,000 to $3,750. I will take that into account.

According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2012 Dodge Durango Crew RWD that has an MSRP of $39,970 and a capitalized cost of that minus a $3,775 dealer discount and a $3,750 cash incentive (32,445) through Ally right now for 36-months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $415.

Car_man
    Host
  • chicagomomchicagomom Member Posts: 13
    Car_man, am I understanding correctly that if I buy the Durango, the cash incentive is $2,750 less? Is there such a thing as a best month to buy? Is it better to wait until the 2013 comes out? Any thoughts would be appreciated.
  • cobrakaidojocobrakaidojo Member Posts: 1
    Car_man, I'm looking to lease a 2012 Durango Crew, AWD, 36 or 39 month lease, 10k miles/year. Please provide the rates that I might need to calculate my payment.

Thank you.
    Hi chicagomom. You are correct. The cash incentive for purchases of the 2012 Durango is only $1,000.

If you want to buy and not lease, then generally speaking the later in the model year the better in terms of when to buy.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello cobrakaidojo. Ally's July base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Dodge Durango Crew AWD with 10,000 miles per year are 0.6% and 46%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease are 0.6% and 44%.

When negotiating your deal on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $3,750 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
  • xdawg12xdawg12 Member Posts: 10
    Can someone let me know if this is a good deal:

2013 Durango R/T

MSRP: $38,180

Only has two options: Customer Preferred Package 24S and 730N Uconnect

36 months / 10k miles

$1,000 due at signing

$398 + tax / month

I am not sure what they are using for a Cap Cost, Residual, or Money Factor.

Any help would be appreciated.
  • xdawg12xdawg12 Member Posts: 10
    Any help with this? Should I hold out to see if I can get a better deal?
    Hi xdawg12. Do you happen to know this truck's selling price? That number would make it much easier to evaluate this deal.

Car_man
    Host
  • joe_r3joe_r3 Member Posts: 1
    Hello Car_man,

Do you have the base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month of a 2013 Dodge Durango Crew RWD with 15,000 miles per year and 12,000 miles per year?

Also, are there any Nov/Dec incentives on leasing this vehicle?

Thanks for any help you can provide
  • will718will718 Member Posts: 2
    I'm wondering if this is a good deal I have a lease now with 3 payments left adding up to $1500 I lived in Westchester NY. I'm putting down only $500 on a 2013 Durango R/T loaded with everything DVD player Nav leather etc... The deal is $489 a month tax included 39 months 10000 miles a yr I don't have a selling price but its around $41000 is this a good deal? Thanks
  • jhl1963jhl1963 Member Posts: 19
    Will, sounds like a good deal - I'm also in Westchester mind sharing the dealership?

Does anybody know the current residual/mf for '13 durangos?

The wife wants a third row :)

Thanks
  • will718will718 Member Posts: 2
    Not all jhl it's central ave Jeep,Chrysler, Dodge...
  • jromano224jromano224 Member Posts: 2
    Folks-
    I signed paperwork on a 2013 Durango Crew AWD Hemi Leather Low end Nav Moonroof and Convenience Package...$399 a month no money out of pocket...first month payment to start 36 month lease.
    Sticker is approx $42,500...Lease thru Ally.
    Located in Central NJ....any thoughts
    Thank you in advance
  • sillysealeysillysealey Member Posts: 1
    Could you tell me the selling price and dealer? I am also in central jersey
  • needacar92needacar92 Member Posts: 1
    Any information out there on MF and residuals for a 2013 Durango Crew AWD? 36 month lease with 15K miles per year. Also, I see there is a $1500 rebate for leases in Ohio but I was also wondering if there is any dealer cash or factory to dealer incentives that I should know about before negotiating.

Thanks!
    Sure needacar92. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Dodge Durango Crew AWD with 15,000 miles per year are 1.34% and 52% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

You're already aware of the $1,500 cash incentive on leases. There's some back-end volume-based dealer cash on all Dodge models that should enable you to get one at close to or perhaps slightly under and then have the $1,500 taken off.

Car_man
    Host
  • nnocunnocu Member Posts: 2
    Car_man,

Would you please provide residual % and money factor for 2013 Durango SXT AWD for 36 months and 10k miles / year? Thanks in advance.
  • junjgujunjgu Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2013
    I am trying to use dealer advised price to calculate the selling price.

My local dealer (Connecticut) advertise:
    Monthly = $279
    Car = Durango Crew V8 RWD, Nav, Leather, Sun roof, 10K / year 36 months
    MSRP = $41780
    Invoice = $39500 (estimate)
    Down = $3000 (we all want 0 down so I need to derive the missing numbers)
    Drive off = $4400 ( down + fee + DMV + 1st month) so the fee is about $750
    Rebate: $5000 ( $2000 factory + $2000 V8 power bonus cash + $1000 returning or competitor lessee)

Fill the missing numbers:
    Using MF = 0.00056 (1.34% from previous post)
    Residual: = 54% ( 52% + 2% estimate from previous post of 15K / year)
    Dealer fee = $750

Derived number using above figures:
    The selling price – all rebates ($5000) = $34000
    This is about $5500 under invoice ($39500). I think this is number to shoot for.
    Add the down ($3000) and fee ($750) to cap cost.
    The 0 down, no fee except DMV Monthly payment is: $385.

Price the AWD configuration: Crew V8 AWD, Nav, Leather, Sun roof, 10K / year
    MSRP $42920 invoice $ 40467, the 0 down pre tax payment should be around $380 / month
    12K /year (53% residual) around $395.
    You can add $30 for every $1000, on rebate you don’t qualify. ($1000 returning or competitor lessee)
    Sure look good, If the numbers are correct. $2000 V8 power bonus cash makes V8 cheaper than V6, gas aside.
    Sure nnocu. Ally's March base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Dodge Durango SXT AWD with 10,000 miles per year are 3.77% and 58%.

Chrysler is currently providing a $1,500 cash incentive on leases of this truck through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
  • djhalptertdjhalptert Member Posts: 115
    What is the 36 month 10,000 mile lease of a 2013 Durango Citadel AWD and Crew AWD lease rate and residual?
    Any incentives for Zip code 68516, THANK YOU!!!
  • bm21081bm21081 Member Posts: 24
    Does anyone have the may info for money factors and residuals for a durango awd crew i got a quote today of
    msrp 42570
    mf: 0.00037
    residual: 39%
    rebates 350
    trade in appraised value 11k
    payoff of trade in: 8k
    monthly new payment : 413

seems a bit high for putting the equity of trade in. thanks in advance for the help
    Hi bm21081. The money factor looks good, but oddly the residual value looks really low. I say that this is strange because dealers can sometimes alter vehicles's money factors, but they cannot change the residual value. How long is this lease?

The rebate that you were quoted is low as well. There's at least $1,500 on leases of this truck, more than that in certain areas.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks for the response. I went back today after going to two other dealers. Final deal is 439 a month 0 down except first payment and DMV fees max of 600. And getting all my trade back in a refund. And negotiated an extra grand back in the trade so total back to me is 3400 after first months. Payment. Also found the grad student rebate which isn't applied yet. So that will be an extra savings.
  • steevosteevo Member Posts: 389
    How many months and mileage??
    39 months 12 k miles a year.
  • alg824alg824 Member Posts: 1
    Hi carman. I'm looking at leasing a 2013 Durango Crew RWD. Are there any incentives on this car this month? I was given a quote at $459 including taxes for 39 mo with no down. MSRP at this dealership in Miami, FL was $40k as opposed to $36-38k at other dealers for same exact car. What is this car leasing for in this area?

Thanks!
  • kywonkywon Member Posts: 28
    Car-Man (or anyone else that knows):

What is the June (or July) money factor and residual for 24 and 36 month lease for a 2013 Dodge Durango Citadel AWD with 15,000 miles/yr? And what incentives apply to this vehicle/model?

Thank you!
    Hi alg824. Chrysler is currently providing a $1,500 cash incentive on leases of the 2013 Dodge Durango. There's some additional bonus cash on top of that in certain regions, but none in the Southeast...which Florida is in.

You can look up the pricing for the exact Durango that you want over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com. If I was in the market for one right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of a couple hundred dollars over invoice minus the available cash incentives.

If you give me this truck's MSRP and invoice price, I'd be happy to use Chrysler's current lease program to work up a sample payment on it for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello kywon. Chrysler Capital's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 Durango Citadel AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00087 and 59% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are .00060 and 48%.

Chrysler is providing a $1,500 national cash incentive on leases of this truck right now plus some additional bonus cash in certain regions.

Car_man
    Host
  • charger5charger5 Member Posts: 1
    Test drove a Durango crew AWD today loved. MSRP is 40200 dealer had a tag hanging in window that said 35900? If I was to go in and discuss lease pricing with them can I assume I would get the car for that price? Also , I have a 2008 GMC Acadia that is paid off to trade in , is it better to look at each transaction separately (trading in and negotiating the net capitalized cost) ? Thanks.
  • mad_hunmad_hun Member Posts: 1
    I've always down my transactions separately. The way I look at it, if you're doing a trade-in, you're taking a hit, because the dealer has to make money on that transaction too. Remove the dealer from the equation.
  • snow26snow26 Member Posts: 24
    edited August 2013
    Hi Carman.

Can you tell me the 36mo/12,000 miles lease terms for august? MF and residual. what about 15,000 miles same term?

I am in New York. What kinds of disount should I be expecting on a Citidel, MSRP $46,000. Thanks.
  • stompman76stompman76 Member Posts: 7
    edited September 2013
    I just leased a Durango R/T on Tuesday, 9/3/13, with an MSRP of $45,110. Lease is for 36 mos and 15k per year. Money factor is .0001 and residual is 50%. Lease payment including tax (7%) is $465.99 with zero down.
  • blue_bayblue_bay Member Posts: 9
    Dear Car_Man,

Can you tell me September lease residual and money factor for the Dodge Durango Crew AWD V6 plus Nav, Power Sun roof, Tow Package, 20' wheel and Crew Convenient Package with MSRP $43,720? The lease term is 39 months and 12k miles per year.

Thank you very much!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    .00030 MF
    47% residual

That's a 2013 model, right? Don't see any numbers for 2014...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks so much! Yes, it is 2013 model.
    Thanks so much. Can you also tell me the residual and money factor for a Citadel plus tow package and second row captain chair with MSRP $45,030? It is 2013 Citadel AWD V6, 39 months and 12k mile per year. Thanks a lot!
    .00042 and 45% residual for 39mo, 12K/yr

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Many many Thanks !!!
  • nataliacavaninataliacavani Member Posts: 6
    These durangos have caught my attention and im intrested in mf, and any incentives for October.

Intrested in 2014 durango limited ...

thank you
    2014 Durango Limited AWD 36mo, 15K/yr lease
    .00020 MF and 49% residual.. 39mo residual is 48%

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• hedges1hedges1 Member Posts: 12
    Looking for money factor and residuals for a 2014 Durango citadel RWD. 3 years 15000 miles per year.
    2014 Durango Citadel RWD 36mo, 15K/yr lease
    .00092 MF and 45% residual

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• hedges1hedges1 Member Posts: 12
    Thanks for providing the figures. That is quite a disparity between trim levels, espeically when you consider that the MSRP difference may only be in the $3000 to $4000 range. You REALLY take a hit stepping up to the Citadel.
This discussion has been closed.