Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Replacement shifter

bgendlerbgendler Member Posts: 1
edited October 2014 in Mazda
I bought my 2003 MAzda protege DX more than a year ago. When i bought it the i guess shifter (i know thats wrong but the part with "P R N D 1 2") was cracked. I was wondering if anybody knew where to get a new one and how to replace it. It has been bothering me for a long time.

Comments

• garzat1987garzat1987 Member Posts: 3
    hi i got a 2003 mazda protege 5 and 98,000 miles and when i try and put it in drive nothing happens when i move the gears feels like it isnt catching anything the link is good checked that the car starts up fine just doesnt move if i keep moving it will go in reverse just not drive when i was driving at the stop light it made a noise the shifter moved itself from drive to n and it wouldnt move someone please help me
  • kaytonkayton Member Posts: 1
    im having sort of the same problem .. some times the shifter gets locked and wont move even with brake on ... i took the frame out and near the shifter (under the panel that shows P R D N) and there is a white piece that gets stuck i push in and it releases the shifter ... you should check yours out.
This discussion has been closed.