Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Can Outback 2011 2.5i have Rear Vision Camera?

massggmassgg Member Posts: 2
edited September 2014 in Subaru
From official brochure, Rear Vision Camera must come with moonroof and only available in Premium and Limited, but official brochure doesn't mean reality sometimes. For example, dealer said they can add leather seats for additional $1300 to 2.5i or Premium which is only available for Limited officially.

Back to the Rear Vision Camera, I wonder if anybody know it can be added to 2.5i model too? with or without moonroof?

BTW, I don't understand why camera is bundled with moonroof. There's no relations between the two.

Comments

• Options
    robr2robr2 Member Posts: 8,805
    For example, dealer said they can add leather seats for additional $1300 to 2.5i or Premium which is only available for Limited officially.

What they are offering in that case is an aftermarket leather seat cover - it's not the Subaru OEM leather.

Back to the Rear Vision Camera, I wonder if anybody know it can be added to 2.5i model too?

I'm sure the dealer can offer some sort of back up camera perhaps in conjunction with the mirror.

BTW, I don't understand why camera is bundled with moonroof. There's no relations between the two.

It's a marketing decision - it's expected that the typical buyer of one option will want the other.
  • Options
    massggmassgg Member Posts: 2
    Really? $1300 just for aftermarket leather seat cover? I thought dealer will replace the seats with OEM leather seats.

The marketing decision is really odd. I don't see any reason somebody needs a moonroof would more likely want a rear vision camera and vice versa. Two independent things for me.
  • Options
    robr2robr2 Member Posts: 8,805
    Really? $1300 just for aftermarket leather seat cover? I thought dealer will replace the seats with OEM leather seats.

Yes really. The dealer will send the vehicle out to an aftermarket shop and then mark up the cost to you. More than likely, it'll be a Katzin interior kit installed at a local shop. $1300 sounds reasonable. Replacing the actual seats would be a much more expensive proposition.

I don't see any reason somebody needs a moonroof would more likely want a rear vision camera and vice versa. Two independent things for me.

They are both nice to haves not must haves. As such, Subaru pairs them up.

I'm looking at an Explorer. Although you can order the glass roof and the power liftgate individually, no dealer has one configured like that as Ford usually installs both or none. I just want the liftgate so I'm going to have to order one and wait 6 weeks.
This discussion has been closed.