Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

02 Lincoln LS Hydraulic Cooling Fan Issues

jennylyn02jennylyn02 Member Posts: 1
edited September 2014 in Lincoln
Can you replace the hydraulic with an electric? If they're leaking fluid, can it be repaired?

Comments

• starbucks21starbucks21 Member Posts: 4
    i have a 2000 lincoln ls v8 which i crashed last month. i bought another ls and put my engine and transmission in. since then the car has difficulty gaining speed and doesnt change gears while driving. it however works great in reverse. whenever i start the car, for a few seconds everything is going well and the the fan kicks and and the "check transmission message pops up at the same time. i took it to a transmission shop and the diagnostics returned all the codes for the sensors in the transmission are not working. i changed the transmission and still have the same problem. does any one know what the problem might be?
  • cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,504
    FWIW, multiple posting is frowned upon, or at least it used to be.

Most of us who monitor any of the LS boards monitor all of them, and reading the same message 3 times, espcially when one of them is in the "Cooling Fan Issues" topic, isn't going to get you an answer any quicker.
    '08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
  • starbucks21starbucks21 Member Posts: 4
    sorry. wasnt sure about which topic to post under.
This discussion has been closed.