Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

BMW X3 Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Greetings love_leasing. BMW Financial Services' December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 xDrive28i with 15,000 miles per year are .00125 and 56% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

When negotiating your deal on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $1,000 holiday credit and $750 owner loyalty cash offers.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • mcmahon2mcmahon2 Member Posts: 3
    Hi car man. I'm in the north east and returning to a dealer where I got my last car. Was quoted 1500 over invoice with residual of 60% and mf of .00135 on a pretty loaded x3 35i.
    I countered with invoice and a .00125 mf as we would def qualify for top credit.
    New guy at dealer doesn't seem all that hungry and didn't even counter just said he couldn't get close. Is it time for me to be looking elsewhere or are the x3's moving that well?
    Is invoice or 500 over just not realistic On my part? Thanks.
  • flightnurseflightnurse Member Posts: 2,217
    $1500 OVER invoice, that dealer doesn't seem too hungry to me... Go back and read some posting and see that people are getting them UNDER INVOICE..
  • gbriankgbriank Member Posts: 220
    I ordered mine from the factory and got $750 over invoice with no back-and-forth required. As for money factor, I think the lowest they can go right now is 0.00135 (what BMW is charging). Now, that money factor may drop next week, as BMW is trying to get their sales numbers up. I doubt it would go much lower than 0.00125.

Another poster put down below invoice? Where are they getting this at? (Maybe I shouldn't be so fussy and just take something off their lot?)
    sent an offer out to quite a few other area dealers at 500 under invoice and .00125 on the x3 35i and one came back accepting the under invoice, but saying they could only do .00135 on the money factor for the 35i and .00125 on the 28i. Seems reasonable to me. should i lock it down?
  • rayinsagrayinsag Member Posts: 6
    $500 under invoice and .00135 sounds good to me.
  • gbriankgbriank Member Posts: 220
    Agreed! This is a great deal! Just make sure it wasn't a demo car.
    Good point. Checked it out and It was still in the hood plastic. They're prepping it today. Ended up pushing back a bit and got 850 under invoice and they actually agreed to the .00125 dec money factor from the 28i even though it's a 35i and supposed to be .00135. I'm feeling great about it and they've def earned a long term customer.
  • sthodlasthodla Member Posts: 4
    edited December 2012
    I am not sure how you are getting such a good deal on the lease.

If I type in the numbers you've mentioned into Edmunds lease calculator - I get a monthly payment of $862.

Try it yourself.
    http://www.edmunds.com/calculators/car-lease.html

Lease price $44070
    Title & Registration $600 (calculated this from your $2k down (2k-$550(first motnth)-$850(destination) = title + registration)
    Residual % of 55% (calculated from your $550 payment. 550 x 36 / lease price)
    Miles driven 12K
    Money factor : 0.0029

I had a friend pick up an X3 from SoCal - $39K lease price and was able to get lease rate for $510 a month (36 months, 12K miles, $1300 down). Again, I've tried to get that to work in the lease calculator and it simply does not come close.

Don't understand if the calculator is wrong and/or I'm missing something.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    edited December 2012
    1) Why are you breaking out destination charges? No place for that in a lease calculation.... destination is part of the price..

2) Where is the MSRP in your calculation? You can't calculate a lease without it..

3) Money factor of .0029? Way too high

You can't use generic numbers to calculate a lease... you have to have the exact program numbers...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• sthodlasthodla Member Posts: 4
    Turns out the Edmunds calculator is the one that' screwed up. Finally got the numbers to work using Bankrate calculator.

http://www.bankrate.com/calculators/auto/auto-lease-calculator.aspx

MSRP: 48145
    Final: 43070
    Down : 2000
    Tax : 6%
    Lease Length : 36 months
    MF: 3%
    Residual Value : 24980

Dep fee: 446
    Lease fee: 82
    Monthly payment: 529.51
    Usage Tax: 31.77
    Total Monthly : 561.28 (which comes very close to the posters $550);

">
  • leeshuckleeshuck Member Posts: 73
    A BMW Dealer is offering a "BMW Lease Protection Limited Waiver Addendum" for the X3 that waives up to $5,000 in excessive wear and use charges that exist at the time the vehicle is turned in. The provider is BMW and the administrator is Safe-Guard Products International, LLC. The cost is $1475 for the 36 month 12,000 miles/year lease of a vehicle with MSRP of $55,895, invoice of 51,940. This is included in the total gross capitalized cost.

I know that 4 tires for the X3 XDrive 35i M Sport could easily cost that much, so it seems that this might be a reasonable charge.

Is anyone familiar with this offering, and what do you think of it?

Thanks,

Lee
    $1475 insurance premium for $5000 of coverage that you may not need seems pretty high..

On both of my BMW lease turn-ins, I owed $0...

Also, they like to sell you these plans as, "you just drop of the car, and you don't have to worry about it..", but in reality, you still get the charges, and you have to make a claim with the insurance company...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks kydfx.

I just returned the BMW I was leasing and three tires were under the minimum tread depth requirement. The charge is 300 per tire and the dealer was going to waive $500 of this as part of their lease return incentive when you buy or lease a new vehicle from them.

Lee
    So.... three bad tires and you are only out $400...

Doesn't seem like a good reason to spend $1475, this time.. I'd rather have that money in the bank...

Good luck!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• illinois4illinois4 Member Posts: 3
    I'd be interested in your leasing company contact. Would you be willing to send it? I'm trying to lease a car before the end of the year to take advantage of the incentives. Thanks!
  • trader5trader5 Member Posts: 2
    Hi, I live near NYC, can you give me the leasing Company that you used for the BMW X3?

Thanks
  • ken954ken954 Member Posts: 13
    I'm looking at a demo with 6500 miles, MSRP is $45',945 dealer is offering 3 yr 10k mile lease zero down for $530 per month including 6% tax - does this sound reasonable? Invoice is about $43k, sell price is around $40k.
    Does anyone have feedback on this deal? $530/month (36 months, 10k miles / year) for 2013 x3 28i w/ premium, sport activity, xenon; demo w/ 6500 miles. No backup cam, nav, or smart key, but lease prices I'm getting for 'new' similarly equipped (but with tech) are close to $700. I hate to give on these options, but considering it if the deal is really good. Appreciate any feedback.
    Seems high to me. There are a lot of xDrive28i's in inventory around here so I think you'd be able to negotiate a better deal on a new one, perhaps with the options you want. Get and confirm all the details such as money factor they're using (should be .00125 on the 28i), actual selling price, etc.

I'm in Southern California and just acquired a 2013 X3 xDrive35i on 12/22 with MSRP 55,895. These are in shorter supply than the 28i. I went with 12k miles per year for 3 years, but here's the quote I got for 10K miles/year:

2013 BNW X3 xDrive35i
    MSRP- $55,895
    McKenna Internet Price- $51,940
    36 month lease with 10k miles annually
    Acquisition Fee- $925
    BMW FS Loyalty- ($750)
    BMW Holiday Rebate- ($1000)
    Ultimate Drive Rebate- ($300)
    Driveoff- $1274.23 - 1st month payment, tax and DMV Fees
    $596.15 plus tax= $642.35 for O.C. Residents**
    ** On approved Credit with BMW FS

Rate- .00135
    Lease Factor (Residual%) 60% for 10k miles
    Residual- $33,537

Hope this helps,
    Lee
    Lee - Thanks so much, appreciate all the detail. Sounds like you got a great deal - competition doesn't seem to be so strong in Michigan. Most dealers have less than 10 x3 28i's, and I'm lucky to find any 35i's. I don't have access to the loyalty or ultimate drive rebates (not a current owner).

Wasn't sure how much I should knock off for 6500 miles, but based on your info it sounds like I should be closer to $500 / month or less, not willing to compromise for savings of less than $100 / month.

Thanks again,
    Ken
  • georgiagirl13georgiagirl13 Member Posts: 24
    Hi Car Man,

I will be shopping to lease a new 2013 BMW X3 within the next two weeks in Atlanta, GA. 36 months, 15k miles/year. Do you have any infomation on what money factor and residual I should be looking for? My credit score currently is mid 700s. Also, what types of credits should I be aware of since I will be too late for the holiday credit? I did lease with BMW Financial in 2007-2010, would I qualify for the Loyalty credit?

Thanks for your reply!
  • kerbkerb Member Posts: 195
    edited January 2013
    Greetings Car_Man:

Am assisting a friend with a lease of the above referenced car. Could you kindly provide the buy rate and residual for 36 and 39 month leases with 12k and 15k. Additionally, are you aware of any incentives beyond the $750 loyalty?

Many Thanks.
  • chaozz1chaozz1 Member Posts: 49
    always go with less miles, If you go over you can buy them before lease end for 16 cents.
  • sk_websk_web Member Posts: 5
    I am new to this forum and this is my first lease that I yet to sign

x3 28i - premium pkg, tech pkg, roof rails, comfort keyless entry, 36 month/10K year.

3000 total drive off including 1st month payment, taxes etc.

MSRP: 47,695
    Residual value: 27,992
    Lease factor: 0.00125

lease payment: $499 + tax per month

good deal?

I feel like the residual value is high in case I need to buy it after 3 years isn't it?

Please let me know.
    Hello georgiagirl13. BMW Financial Services' January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 X3 xDrive28i with 15,000 miles per year are .00130 and 57% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

The only cash incentive that I am aware of on this truck right now is $750 owner loyalty cash. I suspect that 2010 is too long ago to qualify for the loyalty cash, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey kerb. BMW Financial Services' January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 X3 28i with 15,000 miles per year are .00130 and 57% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

I don't think that BMW is running 39-month leases this month.

The residual value for a lease with 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

The loyalty offer is the only cash that I am aware of on this model right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • kerbkerb Member Posts: 195
    Great, thank you!
    Carman,

Can you please look at previous post and let me know if this is a good deal I am getting? The dealer has ordered the vehicle but I am yet to put any deposit.

thanks
    Thank you so much for the info! I'll start shopping for a good deal.

Regards,
    Georgiagirl13
    No problem kerb.

Car_man
    Host
    Sure sk_web. The money factor that you were quoted looks good. What is this vehicle's selling price?

Car_man
    Host
    You're very welcome georgiagirl13.

Car_man
    Host
  • jc_hillsjc_hills Member Posts: 4
    Hey Car_Man,

This is what a dealer in the Florida area offered me:
    X3 i28
    MRRP 41,095
    Price is $500 above invoice
    $0 Down, just fees and taxes, tags, plates, etc
    MF .00150
    Residual 60%
    Payment of 493 + tax

I am pretty sure I can get lower on this, right? What do you guys think?

Thanks!
  • ry1028ry1028 Member Posts: 2
    The dealer is upping the money factor on your lease. The money factor, assuming you are qualifying for top credit tier, should be .00130.
    edited January 2013
    Hi Car Man,

Can you tell me if you think this monthly payment is too high:

2013 BMW X3 28i/ Lease 36 months/ 15k miles yr
    Premium Pkg, Navigation, heated seats, satellite radio, BMW Apps

MSRP: $46,095
    Sales price: $43,330
    MF: .00130
    Residual: 57%
    Upfronts includes first month payment: $2,200
    Monthly payment: $599.64 (6% sales tax included)

Thanks,
    Georgiagirl13
  • okcloookcloo Member Posts: 11
    I was quoted $700 above invoice on a X3 28i, which isn't so bad compared to TMV and could probably be negotiated down, but I'm having trouble figuring out if the fees are too high. Here is what I was quoted:

$925 acquisition fee
    $80 docs
    $364 license fee (CA)
    $116 total upft/acq fee (?)
    +9% cap tax

Are any of the above too high or junk fees?

Thanks!
    Hi Car_man,

I wasn't given a sale price as I was asking if they can give me a particular lease amount.

The quoted MSRP: 47,695
    Residual value: 27,992

The lease application was submitted before the new year, so I am eligible for the $1000 holiday cash from BMW financial.

The lease payment is $499 + tax (8.5% in my case) = $541.
    X328i with premium, tech pkg, sunroof,comfort keyless, black metalic/sand beige leather.
  • psin29psin29 Member Posts: 1
    This is what I was offered in NJ:
    MSRP:$46295 / 57% / 0.00130

X3 xDrive 28i, Mineral Silver Metallic, Premium Pkg, Roof rails in Aluminum Satin, Heated front seats, Navigation system...

36 Months, 15K/yr
    $2500 Down
    $550 Monthly

Is this a good deal?
    What is everybody paying for tire warranty? I was quoted $1700+ for 3 years on x3 28i, negotiated down to $1100. I have 30 days to cancel.

Also, wanted to thank everyone posting on this forum for the great info, I was able to get $350 under invoice on 2013 x3 28i w/ premium, cold weather, tech pkg, aluminum roofrails, 12,000 miles/yr, $2000 drive off (1st month, fees, etc), $600/month, money factor 0.00145. In South O.C. (CA).

On a side note, should I have qualified for MF of 0.0013 with credit score of 739?

Thanks again!
    edited January 2013
    Hi Car Man,

Can you tell me if you think this is a good deal. The monthly payment still seems high to me. Also, is it normal for the Doc fee to be so high?

2013 X3 28i/ 36 month lease/ 15k miles year/ 57%/ .00130 MF
    Premium Package, Technology Package, Cold Weather Package...

MSRP: $46,745
    Sale Price: $43,780
    Doc fee: $599
    Acquisition fee: $725
    License fee: $21
    Gross Cap Cost: $44,505

Customer Cash: $2,200.01
    Amt applied upfront: $1,343
    Total Cap Reduction: $856.93
    Net Cap Cost: $43,648.07

Monthly payment: $563.70 plus $39.46 tax = $603.16

Thanks,
    Georgiagirl13
    That is the correct payment for those numbers. My lease calculator shows the same, to the cent.

Dealerships will charge you fees in different ways so you have to watch out. For example, I was charged $80 doc fees + 385 licenese fee + misc. = TOTAL of $508.20, this excludes 9% tax on cap reduction, 1st month payment, and acquisition fee. It looks like they bundled up bunch of misc fees and called them license fees for you.

I would ask them to disclose ALL of the fees to you (itemized) before you sign anything.

How much are they asking for tire warranty on X3 i28, 3 years?
    Thanks okcloo for checking the numbers. They haven't yet mentioned tire warranty and I was unaware that it was something I should discuss during negotiation. Please let me know the warranty specifics I should ask for? What did you pay?

Thanks,
    Georgiagirl13
    The tire warranty is serviced by a 3rd party company that has contracted with BMW, and may differ from dealer to dealer(?). The one I got is covered by "Safe-Guard Products International, LLC" and it covers tires and rims with no deductible. It's something they offer at the end of the deal, along with other insurances. I literally was on my phone, during negotiations, searching for prices other people paid. A quick google search showed that it varied from 900 to 1700 for 5 years. They quoted around $1700.00 for 3 years and I negotiated down to $1100.00 for 3 years. I'm sure others paid less, but each run flat tire run around $350 in my area and I get a nail or two every year so it's worth it for me. Supposedly you can't get these tires patched, or BMW will charge you if you return the car with a patched tire. I just wished I knew what other people were paying so I could have been in a better position to negotiate. At least I have 30 days to cancel if I find a better 3rd party insurance.
    BTW, the deal I was able to negotiate was a sell price of $43,994.99. The MSRP was $47,545 (tech pkg, prem pkg, cold weather, aluminum roof rails), invoice was $44,340.00.
    Ok, so it seems that I got a crazy low price according to all dealers and nobody can beat it. From what I heard, and I called about 4 different dealers is that I am getting the payment for a Basic X3 with Sunroof (thats it) and instead receiving and X3 with a lot more options. this is the offer:

X3 28i with Sunroof, Roof rails, leatheratte, distance sensors, BMW assist, XM 1 year with 10k and 36 months, $0 down (only fees, tags and 1st month for $2k).

MSRP 43095
    Sale 40190
    MF .00130
    Residual 61%
    Payment $499 + tax

Thoughts?

thanks!
    Invoice on that car with those options is $39,690, TMV is $40,904. So you were quoted 500 over invoice and 714 under TMV, which is a fair deal. The first offers I got were 500 to 700 over invoice, but ultimately I got under invoice.

To get a payment of $499 + tax with MF .0013 and 61% resid, your cap cost is $41,115, which means your total cost to lease the car is $2,925. $925 is probably the acquisition fee, the remaining $2000 goes towards 1st month, license fee, doc fee, and misc fees. That number seems pretty high to me, as I paid $2,140 in TOTAL fees, which includes acquisition, 1st month, license fee, doc fee, and misc fees.

Bottom line is they quoted you a fair selling price on the car, but they are charging too much in fees, according to your numbers. Just my 2 cents.
    Thanks okcloo, the total fees including 1st month are $2,057 so I am assuming just the fees are $1524 (deducting the 1st month + tax). I still need to receive the breakdown. I had the residual wrong, it is actually 59%.

The invoice price I got from True Car is 40,290 (Sunroof, XM, BMW Assist, Distance park, roof rails and include the 895 destination charge).

Any thoughts on purchasing the tire warranty? I have not received th official quote, but sales guy said about $1,000. Is it worth it?

Thanks!
  • maxlevmaxlev Member Posts: 85
    Hey carman,

I'm looking to lease an x3 xdrive28i w/metallic paint, leather, cold weather I and II, premium package, premium sound package, and technology package.

Msrp is around $49k. Looking for 36month lease 12k per year.

What is typical selling price, residual and money factor for this model in Boston this month?

Anyone else feel free to weigh in with opinions. Also considering Acura RDX and VW Toureg.
    Hi Georgiagirl13 . Using the numbers that you provided in your post (the money factor looks good BTW), I estimate that this car would have a zero down, pre-tax monthly payment of around $598.11. That's pretty darn close to what you were quoted.

The amount that's due at lease signing sounds slightly high though. Do you know what it includes? You're paying sales tax in your monthly payment so not that. I'm sure that it's the $600 monthly payment and BMW Financial Services' $725 acquisition fee. Those two things should total $1,325. So what's the other $875% Title, registration, etc...?

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.