Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

BMW X3 Lease Questions

Comments

• jklugmnjklugmn Member Posts: 2
    according to the schedule posted at bimmerfest.com, the residual is 54%, i believe this is standardized for 15k/yr. elsewhere on that forum, someone wrote there was an adjustment of +2% if you lower the mileage to 12k, so 56 sounds right. the residuals changed as of the beginning of nov, and are lowered every 2mos afaik.
  • Scorpio77Scorpio77 Member Posts: 7
    Hi - I am looking to lease a new X3 35i. I am in the NY metro area and am returning my old 335i (lease expires in Jan 2012). After going through the forums I am still a little confused about what I should aim. Please suggest:

MSRP: 51175 (X3 35i, metallic, cold weather, technology and premium)

BMW finance discount: -1000
    Dealer discount: -3000 (I think this is prob the best I can aim for)

Net cost: 47175

MF Factor: 0.000195
    Loyalty discount: -0.00030
    Enhanced loyalty: -0.00075 (not sure if i qualify for both?)
    MSD: -0.00049 (I live in NYC but I can lease a car from NJ to do this)

Final MF Factor: 0.00041

Residual: 56% (12K, 36 months)
    Monthly : Around 600 USD + Registration + other fees + security deposits

Do u think this is reasonable to aim for ? Any help would be greatly appreciated as I need to close this very soon...

Thanks !
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    edited December 2011
    Hi jdmass. BMW FS' current 36-month, 12k residual value for a 2012 X3 is 56%. The posts that you saw are referencing an expired program.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • chdavischdavis Member Posts: 1
    Car_man -

Care to post the updated rates and residuals for January? I'm looking at both the xDrive28 and xDrive35.
    Hello chdavis. BMW Financial Services' January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 X3 xDrive28 with 15,000 miles per year are .00195 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an X3 xDrive35 are interestingly exactly the same.

Car_man
    Host
  • dlcd23dlcd23 Member Posts: 1
    Was just quoted the following from a BMW dealership...'12 X3 xDrive 2.8i (MSRP: $47,800)... convenience pckg, cold weather pckg, premium pckg, technology pckg, roof rails...$660 p mth. $3,600 due at signing. Seems high to me, no? Should I be looking at an X5 or ML 350 instead? Also, is cargo space too small in an X3? Thanks.
    Hey dlcd23. Do you happen to know what this vehicle's selling price is? Having it will make this deal much easier to evaluate.

Car_man
    Host
  • darandalldarandall Member Posts: 57
    Don't forget to include sales tax in any lease equation - which is why I bought. 1.99% for five years through Triple A, $44,995 list for a 28i with convenience, premium, cold weather, satellite radio and roof rails, including the $895 delivery fee. Negotiated price was $42,250 at Wagner BMW in Shrewsbury MA - what a pleasure to deal with! Car built to order (wife is fussy about color!) and delivered in less than 3 weeks. Happy driving!
  • manny431manny431 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car_Man,

I was wondering if you could help me out with a few questions. I'm currently negotiating a lease deal with my dealer for 2012 x3 that was a demo. It has about 3k miles on it and its base as far as options go. I was thinking that this car should go below invoice since it is a Demo model. I also have another BMW so I get loyalty incentives. Whats a good or fair price on a car like this? I cant seem to find any information in leasing demo models online. Also, could you include the current money factors and residuals for a 12k mile 36mo lease?

Thanks a lot!!
    Hi manny431. It's difficult to say how large a discount the dealer will be willing to provide you on this truck, but I completely agree with you that I would want a selling price of under invoice on a demo vehicle that has over 3,000 miles on it.

BMW Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 X3 2.8 with 12,000 miles per year are .00190 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

Car_man
    Host
  • jmcbmwjmcbmw Member Posts: 85
    Hey car_man & kyfdx, do either of you have June 2012 lease rates for BMW X3 28i? 36 month, 15K. I ordered in May but can get whichever month has better residual and money factor. Have a week or so to go before I get the X3. Thanks!
    I got the info in case anyone is interested. Everything the same this month on the X3's (residuals) except the Money Factor has dropped to .00185. Every little bit helps!
  • saxteachersaxteacher Member Posts: 1
    A neighbor is going abroad for a year, and drives a 2006 BMW X3. He will want the car back a year from now.

I am interested in leasing the car for the year while he is gone, and my neighbor is receptive to the idea, since it would keep the car in active use and keep him from having to pay to store it.

I need to come up with the appropriate monthly price to lease the car, but don't know how to do this. The car is in good shape, but based on its age, I am guessing a fair lease price would be $100 a month or less. There would of course be no up front fee or any of that nonsense, just a straight monthly amount.

A good starting point would be the "second lease" price on a 3-year-old X3. Anyone know where I could find this?

Related question: does anyone have a sample person to person lease agreement document that I could use as boilerplate text to create our lease agreement?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,720
    $100 per month? I think you've seriously under-priced that...

But, this seems like a bad idea, all the way around. Who pays for repairs and maintenance? What happens if you have an accident? If the current owner has a loan on the car, you can bet it specifically prohibits leasing to a third party.

However, the simplest way to value the use of the car is to use depreciation. What's the car worth now? How much is it worth in one year, with XXXXX more miles on the odometer? In a person-to-person lease where the lessor is just trying to mitigate his expenses for a short term, then that amount would be fair. If you were actually leasing a used car, you'd also have finance charges included in the lease (which can be substantial).

So, let's say his 2006 X3 is worth $16,000... and, after you drive it for a year, it's worth $13,000.. $3000/12 months = $250/mo.. (and, that's without any sort of finance charges).

That's just an example... you can fill in your own numbers... but, it's hard to just maintain an out of warranty BMW for $100/mo....

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

edited June 2012
    Hey jmcbmw. BMW Financial Services' June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a base 2012 X3 28i with 15,000 miles per year are .00190 and 53%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks for you reply Car_man, I am planning on leasing a 2013 (not 2012) X3 28i. Was told the MF is .00185 instead of last months .00190, the residual I was told is 55%.
    You're welcome jmcbmw. The numbers that you were quoted for the 2013 model are correct.

Car_man
    Host
  • uasounduasound Member Posts: 2
    Good morning, I'm considering the lease of 2013 X3 35i. I'm looking at different lease terms and annual millage combinations. Could you please provide the August money factors and residuals for the following:

24 mo 10K/12K
    36 mo 10K/12K

I have built the car with options I want online on bmwusa.com and sent the quote request to one local dealer. I took the suggestion of one user on this forum to order online and wait 4-6 weeks for the car to be built. How different is the process of negotiating the car that is ordered online vs the car that sits on a lot?

Thanks!
    Here's the information that you're looking for uasound. BMW Financial Services' August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 X3 35i with 12,000 miles per year are .00145 and 64%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are .00145 and 58%.

The residual values for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

Typically dealers seem to be more willing to negotiate on vehicles that they want to get off of their lots and out of inventory than they are on orders, but your mileage may vary.

Car_man
    Host
  • uasounduasound Member Posts: 2
    Thanks, Car_Man! Your tip leads me to another question

Dealer offers 1000 over invoice for 2013 and 1000 off team USA. Do you think I can get 2012 model for less than invoice? If I see a dealer having just one 2012 model left on the lot, what should I be targeting during negotiations? Let's say invoice is 45000.

uasound
    You're welcome uasound.

It's difficult to say, but I suspect that if you are in an area that has a decent level of competition that you may be able to get a 2012 model for a couple hundred dollars over dealer invoice. BMW really didn't provide much in the way of cash incentives on the X3 so you probably won't be able to do much better than that.

Car_man
    Host
  • go4qualitydealgo4qualitydeal Member Posts: 1
    Recently finalized 2013 X3 (4 cylinder) lease with my local BMW dealership. Options included premium pkg, cold weather pkg, technology pkg, and app. Sticker price is around $47,500. I signed 36 months (10k mi/yr) lease for $549 and $2980 down. Is this a good deal?
  • chuppapazchuppapaz Member Posts: 2
    Hello everyone,

These forums have really been a great help to me so here is my contribution.
    I was looking into leasing a 2013 X3 35i with premium package, sparkle bronze, 3 years, 10,000 miles/year and $2000 for cap cost reduction to keep the monthly payments at a reasonable level.
    I got quotes from several dealers and there seems to be a very decent level of competition in the area.
    There are almost no 35is available out there and the few available are loaded beyond $52,000. If you are looking for one with premium package only, you will have to order it and wait for approx 4 weeks.
    MSRP was $47,995, discount price offered from dealers was comprised between $44,700 and $45,200, and monthly payments were between 550 and 570 per month (+taxes) with the $2000 cap cost reduction included.
    DC lease tax works a bit differently in the sense that you do not have to pay the taxes upfront like in other states. In DC, 10% of the monthly payment is added for tax.
    The only cash needed to close the deal (in addition to the cap cost reduction) is first month's payment and registration (approx $300). Everything else is included.
  • leeshuckleeshuck Member Posts: 73
    Hi Car_man or kydfx:

Could you provide current lease rates and customer loyalty/other incentives for the 2013 X3 xDrive35i:

10k/12k miles/year, 36 months

I have a 135i Convertible lease ending around the end of the year. One dealer mentioned that BMW would waive the disposition fee on my current vehicle if a sign a new lease - is that normal?

Thanks,

Lee
    One dealer mentioned that BMW would waive the disposition fee on my current vehicle if a sign a new lease - is that normal?

Yes... BMWFS has done that as far back as I can remember..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• flightnurseflightnurse Member Posts: 2,217
    Not too sure if this out of your expertise but, what are the pit falls of the BMW Select Fiance option?

Thanks
    Here you go Lee. BMW Financial Services' September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 X3 xDrive35i with 12,000 miles per year are .00145 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • jim60202jim60202 Member Posts: 3
    This deal seems pretty solid to me, but would appreciate any expert advice/opinion. Thanks in advance.

$585/month -- 36 months -- 10k miles per month

MSRP: 47295 (Cold weather, Premium, Technology, etc.)

Money Factor: .00145

Residual: 59%

Lease end Value: 27904

Initial Cap Cost 43995
    Adjusted Cap cost: 45136

Only first month payment + tax, title etc. due at lease inception
  • ivanbeyondivanbeyond Member Posts: 3
    Thank you for sharing this information.
    Can you please provide more information about Adjusted Cap cost. What incentives did you use?
    Also what are the total inceptions? Thanks
  • ivanbeyondivanbeyond Member Posts: 3
    Hello Car_man,

Need some help here.
    Just got a quote for 2013 X328i.
    Build: Base + Rear Camera

MSRP: 40545
    Selling Price: 38545

For some reason he is giving me MF: .00185 (with my credit score ~760 and I have a history of leasing 2 vehicles)
    Residual: 59%

$540 1st payment
    $318.50 license plate
    $925 acquisition fee
    $599 dealer fee
    $95.43 tax on fees. (Florida)

Monthly payment - $540 (inc. tax)

No incentives and no dealer cash.
    I feel it is not a good deal at all. Please advise what can be done here, thanks in advance.
  • cliffpozcliffpoz Member Posts: 71
    Do you have the October lease rates for an x3 (328) with 10,000 miles and 36 months? Any incentives in October?
    Here you go cliffpoz. BMW Financial Services' October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 X3 28i with 10,000 miles per year are .00135 and 59%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The only cash incentive on this vehicle that I am aware of right now is the $750 owner loyalty cash.

Car_man
    Host
  • tblackeytblackey Member Posts: 3
    Hi,

I'm looking for the lease residual as above, but for a X3 28i, with 20,000 miles/ year, 36 months

Thanks
  • wckempfwckempf Member Posts: 4
    My lease is expiring on a 2009 335i and I am starting to negotiate on a 2013 X3 35i. The San Jose dealer marked up two items saying that his finance people set these numbers. First was the MF of .00175 instead of the listed here .00135. The other was the acquisition fee of $925 instead of $725. Has anyone else come across this? It feels like they are just lining their pockets.
    Try another Dealer in San Jose and see what happens. Nothing wrong with a bit of competition, if the first dealer wants to the sale then tell them. Also do not be afraid of telling about the MF and Fee's.
    It's typical, not unusual....

As noted, you may need to introduce some competition to get the best deal..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• albert72albert72 Member Posts: 200
    Is anyone seeing unusually aggressive lease or purchase deals on X3s? The reason I ask is twofold - several months ago BMW had some additional push money to dealers $2k - $7k depending on the model.

Now, trade publications are saying that BMW sales volume is lagging MB and that slow BMW sales in other parts of the world has the company trying to make up volume in the N. American market.

BMW for now is not on my short list but at the right price, it would be so if anyone can shed light on this subject it would be greatly appreciated.

Also, the push money I mentioned above, word leaked out about it as it was not readily available information at the time - dealers actually purchased extra inventory so they could capture for themselves the extra $$.
    What examples do you have for these aggressive leases? I do BMW has specials on their CPO cars 2008-2010 MY. month ago I was looking at a 2012 X3 which was a factory executive car. fully loaded, MSRP was $54K (cough) however they would sell it to me for $45K, a new 2012 X3 MSRP 47K I could have gotten it for 44K, not that huge of a saving. In Phoenix the X5 is a better seller then the X3, so it also could be a regional item too..
  • albert72albert72 Member Posts: 200
    This is what they did this summer - trying to find out if they will do it again this fall - as I mentioned, they are chasing MB for volume. $2-3k off sticker for an x3 xdrive 2.8 would not be enough for me.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10000872396390444042704577589511359646688.html
  • hifidawghifidawg Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2012
    Is this a decent deal? It's my first time leasing.

I got a 13 2.8 X3 fully loaded - 12k miles 36 month for $458/month
    We had a rather large downpayment $6.4k :cry: from equity in previous car plus cash.

We were able to get the price from MSRP of 48K to 45K
    and also get $750 loyalty for my 3 series.
  • honkeydoreyhonkeydorey Member Posts: 7
    Im looking to lease a 2013 X3 28i

MSRP is $51,395

Negotiated selling price is $47,235 (invoice) <-- please confirm this is infact invoice

Fees = $725 bank, $300 DMV, $77 fuel charge (thats new to me), $75 doc fee, $522 1st payment = $1700 total in fees and 1st paymen

This is at .00135 and 58% on 12k miles 36 months

Total out of pocket (including taxes and 1st payment and fees) will be $5,195 <-- that inludes $3,500 trade in credit + $945 tax credit I get towards the new car from the trade in (NJ) + $750 loyalty BMW credit.

I'm coming up with $522 per month including taxes

Does this look right? Is that invoice number right? Good deal?

thanks!
    Hi tblackey. BMW Financial Services' October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 X3 28i with 15,000 miles per year are .00135 and 56%, for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

15,000 miles per year is the highest mileage allowance that BMW FS publishes residual values for. If you need to drive more than that, you will have to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis. It is less expensive to do so at lease signing than it is to wait until lease-end and have to pay an excess mileage penalty.

Car_man
    Host
    Im looking to lease a 2013 X3 28i

MSRP is $51,395

Negotiated selling price is $47,235 (invoice) <-- please confirm this is infact invoice

Fees = $725 bank, $300 DMV, $77 fuel charge (thats new to me), $75 doc fee, $522 1st payment = $1700 total in fees and 1st payment

This is at .00135 and 58% on 12k miles 36 months

Total out of pocket (including taxes and 1st payment and fees) will be $5,195 <-- that inludes $3,500 trade in credit + $945 tax credit I get towards the new car from the trade in (NJ) + $750 loyalty BMW credit.

I'm coming up with $522 per month including taxes

Does this look right? Is that invoice number right? Good deal? thanks!
    not sure why my post keeps getting all bunched up. I have tried twice to post it correctly but its not allowing me to space out anything. Sorry about that. Thanks in advance
  • tonka858tonka858 Member Posts: 112
    edited October 2012
    $51,695.00 MSRP
    -$4,040.00 Discount
    $47,655.00
    $2,500 down
    $587 a month 3 years 10k miles per year.

thoughts?
  • femdocfemdoc Member Posts: 3
    Hi i am planning to lease a car for the first time and wanted to get the X3 35i with premium, weather and tech package. Im not sure how to negotiate pricing on a lease. They didnt even give me an opportunity to do so. They gave me a msrp of $52,745 then said that they would sell it for $50,300. The MF was 0.00135 and residual was 58%. For a 36 month lease at 12k miles it came to $761 a month with no down payment and $636 a month with 5k down. The dealer did not suggest putting any money down at all. Does this deal seem reasonable? I have not see anyone with a monthly payment so high on any of these sites. Any help would be appreciated.
  • tonka858tonka858 Member Posts: 112
    edited October 2012
    I was offered this couple days ago

Vehicle Price: 51,695.00
    discount -$4,040.00
    $47,655.00

cash down 2500 36 month payment $587
    I did not ask if that was with tax though..

was thinking if its that much I might do X5
    WOW, go to another dealer, $761/m for a X3.... what other items are the X3, I'm coming up with a MSRP of $51.095, factory invoice is $47,610 for a X3 35i, with premium, weather and tech package. This should give you some idea on how to deal with them... Once again, that payment are WAY HIGH.... BTW, just a quick calc I came up with $615/m without tax...
    Yes i thought it was a little high too. I am a girl doing this by myself so maybe im being taken for a ride. What is factory invoice? Is that what the dealer pays for? Also what did you come up with monthly without any money down. Im not sure why the dealer would suggest putting zero money down. Unfortunately i live in syracuse and there is only one bMw dealer in town!
    Wow that is a good deal! Was that with the premium, cold weather and tech package as well? If so what dealership did you go to? I live in syracuse and theres only one BMW in town so maybe thats why its so high.
This discussion has been closed.