Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chrysler 300 Warranty over soon; trade-in or keep feeding it?

desert_flyerdesert_flyer Member Posts: 1
I have a nice 06 300 Touring Signature Series (nice feature set BTW). Great car! Currently has 66kmi on the odo and it has been well maintained but getting pricier as it ages. Warranty has paid for: transmission NAG plus leak, ESP brake switch, A/C control head and actuator (~$900 !), engine rocker arm lifter replacement ($???), and most recently a new alternator ($???). I'm jumping the gun here, but my 7/100k extended warranty expires in about 1.5 yrs at close to estimate 90kmi. [my father-in-law likes to get under my skin and calls it a "Crappler" :)]

So is this going to be a money pit when off warranty? Other than normal maintenance, what other major items has everyone had to pay for that I may get to look forward to after 90 or 100,000 miles?

At some point a nice new 2013 or 2014 300 will be calling my name!

Thanks for your insight.

Comments

• canddmeyercanddmeyer Member Posts: 410
    Worry about it in 1-1/2 years. In the meantime, enjoy the vehicle. Btw, you can purchase a Lifetime warranty for any Chrysler/Dodge product. If you get another, I'd suggest you go that route.
  • jpfjpf Member Posts: 496
    You should take a look at your owner's manual and see when the timing belt needs replacement. It's probably due. Generally, water pump and timing belt are changed at same time. As for it being a "Crappler," I own a 2006 Dodge Caravan with 73k miles (116k km). Front brakes lasted 30k miles, rear brakes are still original, engine doesn't use oil between oil changes, and the only repairs outside of fluid changes and tune ups have been a belt tensioner and the battery. I have no issues with Chrysler.
  • austinsaustins Member Posts: 9
    Those "lifetime warranties" are limited, and not without a hitch or two. Be sure to read the fine print.
  • rajeevmrajeevm Member Posts: 1
    Hi Guys,

i am from Toronto and I am thinking of buying a used 2009 Chrysler 300 Touring or limited (3.5L V6). Please advise if it is a good car and what main things should I check before buyng. I am getting it for CAD$16k with around 50k kms on it.

Your advice is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Raj
  • djm2djm2 Member Posts: 712
    Hi desert flyer:

If I owned this vehicle I would get out of it before the extended warranty runs out! ------ I own a Toyota XLE V6 Camry with 68,000+ miles and I have not done any of the repairs that you have listed! ------- I think you have a BIG problem with this vehicle! ------ Best regards. -------- Dwayne ----- :sick: :shades: ;)
  • jean59jean59 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 300C which I bought used. It has had a Transmission, Gas tank, sun roof, window snd seat issues all of which were covered under my 5 years/80,00 mile warrenty.

Cuurently, my check engine light and parking brake light comes on and stays on. I took it in to the shop and was told , I had the wrong oil in it.

They changed the oil and the sensor swith, but low and behold it is back on. Does anyone know, if the oil can make the light come on or is it something else?