Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Yukon Denali XL 07 backup camera

kriss6740kriss6740 Member Posts: 1
Two days ago the backup camera in my Denali went out, no outside damage, nothing else different just a black screan instead of back view when I backing up. Is this a common problem? what could be wrong? and how much could that cost? Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    kriss6740,

I would encourage you to take your vehicle to your local GM dealership to be diagnosed. Please keep us posted when the issue has been taken care of.

Thank you,
    Caron, GM Customer Service
  • Options
    pikerepikere Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2007 Yukon XL with a rear camera. Within the last 2 months it has acted strangely. At times it works normal and other times the camera image rolls and looks like it has lost sync. The warning notice on the Nav screen is there under all conditions. Many times the image from the camera is completely black. Took it to the a local dealer and they claim nothing looked wrong on the outside but they would need several hours to remove the tailgate panels and investigate the problem. In the meantime they would get me a price for a new camera. I checked GM parts on line and the GM replacement camera cost $450 - $500. At todays shop rate of over $115 hr. I am not really excited about giving them $500 and a blank check for shop hours just to try and fix this problem. Their approach is to replace the camera first then see if that corrected the problem. I'm not convinced that is the most cost effective approach and would greatly appreciate alternatives. I really depend on the camera and have been lost without it. After reading other Yukon owners discuss this topic It seemed to me that there is an easy and quick troubleshoot procedure to find the source of the problem without replacing the camera first. How can I assist the dealer with this problem?
  • Options
    gmcustsvcsarahgmcustsvcsarah Member Posts: 1,964
    pikere,

I certainly appreciate wanting to be effective with your resources; while we do rely upon dealerships for technical diagnosis, we're available to work with you through the repair process if you like. To do so, we'd need to set up a service request and would need more information (your name/Edmunds username, phone and address, the last 8 of your VIN and current mileage, and the name of your dealership), which you can email to us at socialmedia@gm.com

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • Options
    elayanelayan Member Posts: 1
    please help me , i have yukon denali 2008, and come one stolen my rear cam i would like to install new one but i don't know how to do it

Br
    Elayan