Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2012 Hyundai Elantra

13»

Comments

• maxx4memaxx4me Member Posts: 1,340
    yes, it was like they went swimming for the very first time and wonder why they ended up all wet :confuse:
  • backybacky Member Posts: 18,949
    I've seen rentals of late with 40k miles... rental agencies seem to be hanging on to cars longer these days. The thing that raised my eyebrows was driving a car for a weekend and not commenting on details on fuel economy, and especially saying a dash is "hard plastic" when clearly it's not.
  • serenala18serenala18 Member Posts: 1
    I am not sure what else you could do. But I would like to say one thing in the defense of this car.

When I was learning to drive I drove my brother's old 1995 Saturn, as he was away in college. Later, I bought it from him. I loved that car. But eventually the car got old and not as reliable as it once was. And with my life changing I needed a new car. Well, I ended up getting a 2012 Hyundai Elantra, and I must say that my new car is amazing. I have recently moved to a city with no highways. But in the city that my car was purchased in the only driving I did was on highways. I remember looking down one day and my MPG was at 34.8. This was only a few months after purchasing the car. In my new city my car now gets 25 MPG or less, but I have a lot of stop-and-go and pretty much no highway driving. But as soon as I take a trip back to the other city, my MPG goes right back up to 30+. I have owned this car since the end of April, and I have not had one problem with it so far, especially none with my MPG. And let me add in that I am a young driver, so I am not by any means the best driver in the world. Still, my MPG has been fine since day 1 of my purchase.

Also, after my grandmother saw my new car she went out and bought the exact same one, with a few more upgrades then mine had. And she has not had any problems with her MPG either.

I do not know what you could do to try and fix your problem. But I can tell you that the MPG problem is not from the 2011 - 2012 changes in the car. I am sorry you are having such problems with your car. But I hope you can resolve them because the 2012 Hyundai Elantra really is a good car to have.
  • jbusterjbuster Member Posts: 1
    I, was wondering if you would be able to give a quick review (What works, doesn't work, features, glitches, etc...) of the aftermarket navigation system you installed on your Elantra. I am considering installing one as well but cannot find any reviews on this system.

Thanks for your time and thoughts,
    Jbuster