Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Volvo C70 Lease Questions

kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,767
Ask your C70 lease questions here!

Edmunds Price Checker
Edmunds Lease Calculator
Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Comments

• jabberjabber Member Posts: 64
    Carman,

Can you please post the money factor and residual value for a 2011 C70 - 36 months and 15K miles. Also, what if any is the acquisition fee, disposition fee, and over mileage charge if you know. As always, thanks!

Jabber
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hey Jabber. Wow, I'm surprised that we never had a lease discussion for the C70. US Bank's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 C70 with 15,000 miles per year are .00048 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

US Bank's current acquisition fee is $695. I believe that it charges a penalty of $0.20/mile for miles in excess of one's allowance. I'm not sure about its disposition fee.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • v70r_07v70r_07 Member Posts: 13
    Does someone have the current money factor and residual for the C70 Premier Plus for 36 and 48 months and 15k per year?

Thanks
    edited December 2011
    Hi v70r_07. According to the latest information that I have seen, US Bank's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 C70 Premier Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00045 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 48-month lease are .00104 and 44%.

Car_man
    Host
  • club619club619 Member Posts: 122
    Hey Car_man,

Looking to see what the lease #'s are for a 2012 C70 Platinum for 36 & 48 months with 12k miles, and 10k miles as well if you know them.

Thanks,
    Russell
    Hi Russell. According to the latest information that I have seen, US Bank's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 C70 Platinum with 12,000 miles per year are .00001 and 50%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 48-month lease would be .00065 and 42%.

If you were to lease with only 10,000 miles per year, this car's residual values would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • club619club619 Member Posts: 122
    Thanks Car_man! Is that MF correct? 0.00001?? That seems REALLY low...thought maybe that might have been a typo. :-)
    You're very welcome club619. I believe that money factor is indeed correct. That's right, there's essentially 0% financing on leases of the C70 right now. Not too shabby.

Car_man
    Host
  • msavmsav Member Posts: 3
    Car_man:

We're looking to replace my wife's C70 too and I was wondering - the MF you posted on the 13th is *very* attractive, better than what I've seen around here. Is that through dealers, US Bank, or someone else? Still valid? \

(Alternatives are A5 and 328 convertibles if you'd have any suggestions about those... Or should I post in those forums? Thanks!)
    Hi msav. That lease program is through US Bank. That's who Volvo uses as its captive finance company...for now (I've heard that it is looking into creating its own bank again along the lines of the old Volvo Finance).

I believe that this lease program is available through the end of the month. It's difficult to say what Volvo's March program will be like at this point.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks Car_man.

Rate I was quoted was 0.00103 and 0.00165 for 36/48 - a far cry from what you posted! Perhaps because we weren't far into negotiations when I walked out but nonetheless not a good 1st impression.

When do the new (March) programs come out usually?
    You're welcome msav. I know what you're saying. It always rubs me the wrong way when a dealer tries to mark up the money factor as well.

Volvo's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 C70 Platinum with 12,000 miles per year are still .00001 and 50%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • artchickartchick Member Posts: 7
    Anyone have prices paid for this car? I want to lease one this weekend and have no idea how to do it! Thanks! Appreciate all of your help!
    1st quote: 12k per year
    $508 per month with just inceptions due signing wich is tax, motor vehicle, bank fee, doc fee, and first month payment.(estimated $3,184.) This is on a car with an MSRP of $45,425.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,767
    What is the length of the lease?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

36 months. thanks
    I don't have the residuals and money factors (Car_man is the expert), but that's a pretty decent first offer to work down from...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

I am so new to leasing and dont understand all of this.
    Car man wrote in here that the factor is .0001.

1-Does that mean that payment should be $454?
    2-And are the costs really high? ($3,184)
    and
    3-hes going off MSRP $45,425. Doesnt hat mean invoice is like 41,500ish?
    How do i negotiate this?

APPRECIATE YOUR HELP!
    woops. .00001
    Hi artchick. What selling price are you being charged for this car. That is a very important number to find out. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. The selling price will show us how large a dealer discount you are being given and in turn if there is any room left to negotiate. Let us know and we'll tell you what we think.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey Car Man!
    Things came up and we've delayed until now - is the MF for a C70 still 0.00001 and residual 50% for a 36 month lease?
    What's the residual on a 48 month please?
    Thanks!!
    Yes, msav, those numbers are indeed still good for a 36-month lease of this car.

The numbers for a 48-month, 15,000 miles per year lease are .00099 and 42%.

Car_man
    Host
  • dps06dps06 Member Posts: 89
    Carman,

Are those above numbers still valid for the 2012 Premier Plus C70?

What are the numbers for the 2013?

Thanks.
  • moosicmoosic Member Posts: 1
    I'm also wondering about the money factor for the C70. I'm considering a 36 month lease. We haven't negotiated a price yet.
  • brentkhackbrentkhack Member Posts: 23
    I just got this car for $559/ mth with Texas taxes for 36 mth and 12k miles a year. MSRP was $47,775. All I put down was first month payment and doc so about $585 out the door. I did have a lease turn in which they gave me exact payoff. Not to bad I think.
  • 4mercoachrick4mercoachrick Member Posts: 133
    Nice job. I wish I had been quoted those kinds of numbers on an XC60 w/MSRP of $43K...no luck so far.(And that's WITH all the loyalty and Summer Savings money applied).

I've never seen an Inscription for under $50K...was that the sticker MSRP or a calculated number for lease purposes?

If you are in central Texas, I sure would like to know with whom you dealt ;)
    My deal was with no loyalty because we turned in a 2010 ML350 which we got exact payoff. The $47,775 was MSRP that we worked down from. We got this deal from Bayway Volvo in SE Houston. I did call Momentum Volvo in SW Houston for the exact car color and MSRP. Well they said $619 per month and I told them the deal I was getting. Well they started to bad mouth Bayway Volvo which was kinda stupid so I didn't continue to work on a deal with them. So see what u can do, but at least u can see at least one more sub $50k Inscription C70 at the Momentum dealership. Let me know if u would like our salesmans name to see if I can get him some business.
    Thanks. Excellent deal. I'm about 90% out of the mood at this point; but, I'll contact you if I need the salesman's info. Our '11 will hopefully have its new bumper by week's end. Haven't worried about going topless with highs of 107, 102 and 101 for the past three days. Sure would like to have our 'vert back, though. Ours is Ice White/Calcite...what color did you choose?
    We went with the metallic black with black leather. We have only really taken the top down late in the day or night. Then it is nice to drive in.
    I made a trip to the 'in-town' location of our local dealer this afternoon(102 degrees) to look for 'my' XC60 but I checked out the C70s also. Looks like they have Platinum and climate on all except one...it was the only one under $50K. Very nice car in either color, but the black is exceptional under the Texas sun!!! Enjoy!
    Hi dps06. No, the April lease program is long gone. Here's the August numbers for you.

US Bank's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 C70 Premier Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00001 and 49%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2013 model are .00130 and 53%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi moosic. Please see my previous post for the information that you're looking for. Let me know if you're interested in a different trim level.

Car_man
    Host
  • gm130gm130 Member Posts: 2
    Car_man,

Do you have the current lease rates for the C70 Premier Plus?

24 and 36 months with 10k milse per year.

Thanks.
    Hey gm130. Volvo Finance's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 C70 Premier Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00001 and 60% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are .00038 and 51%

Again, since it's brand new, I'm not sure what Volvo Finance's low mileage adder is yet. I suspect that it's 3% for a 10,000 mile per year lease, but I'm not positive.

Car_man
    Host
  • ilikeleasing60ilikeleasing60 Member Posts: 4
    Car_man,

Could you also provide the mf and residual value for 24 and 36 months with 15k miles per year for the C70 Premier Plus trim?

Thanks again.
    Hi ilikeleasing60. Volvo Finance's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 C70 Premier Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00035 and 61% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are .00059 and 52%.

Volvo's waiving the first month's payment on leases of this car in March.

Car_man
    Host
  • m34m34 Member Posts: 2
    Car_man,

Is Volvo still providing lease support on this model?

Could you provide the current mf and residual for a C70 Premier Plus for 36 and 24 months with 15k/yr?

Thanks
    Hey m34. Yes Volvo is. Volvo Finance's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 C70 Premier Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00008 and 56% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are .00040 and 49%.

Car_man
    Host
  • lz2013lz2013 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_man,

What's the money factor and residual value for 36/48 months lease on 15000 miles?

I know there is an acquisition fee. How much is it for a c70?

Thank you so much!

LZ
    Hi lz2013. Volvo Finance's July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a base 2013 C70 T5 (they vary by trim level) with 15,000 miles pre year are .00050 and 49% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 48-month lease are .00075 and 42%.

When negotiating your deal on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $1,000 dealer cash that Volvo is currently providing on it. Volvo is waiving the first three month's payment on leases of this car this moth as well.

Volvo Finance charges a $695 acquisition fee.

Car_man
    Host
  • bennett4bennett4 Member Posts: 11
    I thought I would share with everyone my lease terms. I just leased a 2013 C70 with climate package and metallic paint using the Costco program. Here is what I worked out: $607.31 per month, 24 months, 10K miles, zero down, everything including tax rolled in. Volvo pays the first 3 payments (2.5 actually) and Costco sends me a $500 gift card. MSRP was $43,345 and I got a $5,895.86 discount so the selling price was $37,449.14. I think it was a great deal because two other NY dealers told me my selling dealer would never deliver for that price, but they did. Oh, it did cost me about $200 for license plates from the dealer. Leasing co was Volvo Cars Fin Services.
  • kbcrowe2kbcrowe2 Member Posts: 3
    There are still o few of these 2013's available are there any lease deals going? What are the residual's MF for a 24mo. 10K lease? thanks
    2013 C70 24mo, 10K/yr lease
    .00140 MF
    Residual varies from 54% to 57%... depending on trim line (lower trim = higher residual)
    $4500 in lease cash from Volvo

Still won't be real cheap, I don't think...

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator