Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

GMC Yukon Broken Exhaust Manifold Bolt

michaelt1948michaelt1948 Member Posts: 3
I have an 07 Yukon SLT with the 5.3 engine, bought used last fall with 55k miles. I was cleaning the engine area and noticed an exhaust bold sitting crooked on top of the spark plug boot. I thought it was cross threaded, but realized it was broken when I touched it. There's never been a wrench on the engine with this Yukon, according to the dealership where I purchased it. I also purchased an extended warranty.

When I took it to the local GM dealer they told me that the extended warranty did not cover broken bolts. Had I ignored it until the manifold was leaking, they would have covered it.

Why would the GM 5 yr, 100,000 mile drive train warranty not cover this item, in lieu of my non-performing separate warranty? They quoted me a price of $290.00 to repair.

Has anyone else had this kind of problem with exhaust bolts breaking? The service writer did not seem surprised and even guessed that it was the front bolt before even looking.

Comments

• gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    michaelt1948,

Could you please email me your VIN? I would like to look further into your situation.

Thank you,
    Caron, GM Customer Service
  • michaelt1948michaelt1948 Member Posts: 3
    I sent a reply via my gmail email. Thanks once more. MT
    michaelt1948,

I wanted to let you know I did receive your email and am looking further into your situation.

Thank you,
    Caron, GM Customer Service
  • mrsmoonsmrsmoons Member Posts: 1
    My husband has a 2005 Hummer H2 with the same problem. Thye said its not covered by the extended warranty and it will cost 450!!! Any suggestions??
    Hi mrsmoons,

We're sorry to hear that your husband's H2 is needing a repair on the exhaust manifold. Since you are outside of your original vehicle warranty, we cannot guarantee what cost assistance can be provided for the repair. If you would like for us to look more into your extended warranty or try and answer any additional questions for you, please let us know. We can be reached by email at socialmedia@gm.com [attn Amber]. Include your VIN, mileage and dealership.

Thank you

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care