Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Compare the Genesis to the Azera

oskidunker1oskidunker1 Member Posts: 213
edited October 2014 in Hyundai
Lets say your Azera was totaled in an accident , would you look to buy a used Azera, A Used genesis or a new azera?

I am not looking but it seems all the used Azeras are white and all the used Genesis are Black. whats with this obsession for Black. I drove a Black rental and found it very depressing. I have a White azera but next time I want Dark Blue.

Comments

• cobrazeracobrazera Member Posts: 352
    I just finished waxing our '06 Blue Azera, and it looks fantastic. As to your question, if our Azera was totaled, I'd replace it with a Toyota Venza. Why, oh why, does no one build a nice, affordable wagon? We could use the utility for the dogs, and SUVs ( even crossovers ) and minivans are too hard for my aged mother to climb into - she needs the " plopability " seating of a car/wagon.
    Per your query....We live in Michigan, so unless they bring out an AWD Genesis, I would choose the Azera over that.
  • gamlegedgamleged Member Posts: 442
    I've just seen the new Hyundai Equus and would seriously consider that in maybe ten more years, as I hope to keep my 2006 Azera for 15 or so years...
  • oskidunker1oskidunker1 Member Posts: 213
    I wish they would come out with a 4 wheel drive car so I wouldn't have to pick and choose when I go to Tahoe.
    Kinda weird that they don't have an AWD car, Korea gets snow just like our northern states.
  • tenpin288tenpin288 Member Posts: 804
    If I remember correctly, reports from awhile back are that the next-gen Genesis will have an AWD option. I'll have to dig the info up again.
  • jamazerajamazera Member Posts: 149
    their 2012 info does't mention awd, but a bigger engine...5 liter/429 hp v-8 w/direct injection and 8 speed tranny
    edited June 2011
    True, but the updates right now are just mid-cycle refreshes. The AWD option is due on the next-gen version that should be out in two years or so, if I remember correctly. Still haven't had time to find the info. When I do, I'll post a link.

edit: here's a link Genesis AWD option

and another: AWD in 2014 model year
    The rear seat does not fold down in the genesis. That alone would preclude me from buying it as I do need to transport my skis once in a while .
    According to the specs on the link below, they do have a ski pass-through. Look under the seats section.

http://hyundainews.com/Media_Kits/2012_Models/Genesis/Features.asp
    When we bought our '06 Azera, we had no truck or SUV, so folding seat was an absolute necessity. Even though I'm a GM retiree eligible for GM discount, we had to pass on the Buick Lucerne because of no folding seat ( plus slower, even with the Northstar, less MPG, etc. ). We love the Azera!
    Thanks, that good to know. :)
    The Genesis seems about 10k more than the Azera. The problem is, not many dealers are carrying the Azeras. I guess they don't sell well. Camissa Hyundai in Burlingame( San francisco Bay area) has none, although they do have a nice blue(rare)2010 Genesis with 15kmiles for 31k.You can get a 2010 Azera for around 16k.
    Is that a V6 Genesis? I know V8 Genesis is 10k more than Azera, but the V6 should be a lot closer, shouldn't it?
    I think there may also be a supply issue. The Azera is based on the KDM Grandeur which was already released as a new design earlier this year. We are scheduled to see the new version here as a 2012 model after the first of the year, so my thinking is they aren't building any more of our current generation and are just burning off inventory and biding their time until the new version arrives. Just my .02. ;)
  • rance2rance2 Member Posts: 39
    Just back from Hyundai dealer looking to trade-in my '07 Azera Ltd. for a Genesis. Found out that the 2012 Genesis is now being delivered. No AWD mentioned in specs. New upgraded Premium Package - 02 expands on 2011 mid-range package.

Asked about 2012 Azera expectations. Rumors are: 1) that since Genesis sells so well, Hyundai may come out with a scaled down RWD to fill Azera space; or 2) a souped up FWD Azera. Pricing unknown.
    Most of what I have seen/read over the last 6-12 months or so indicates the new Azera will show up sometime between this fall and January 2012.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/hyundai-confirms-elantra-coupe-new-azera-by-2012.htm- l

http://www.insideline.com/hyundai/azera/2012/hyundai-grandeur-teaser-previews-20- 12-hyundai-azera.html

;)
    I just saw this at a dealer near me. although red is not my favorite color, if I were in the market I would look at this as it seems to be a very good deal. what do you think? It appears it does not have the GPS

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/ctd/2459376108.html
    Beautiful car, great deal!
  • jlindhjlindh Member Posts: 282
    edited June 2011
    As the dealer posted, the MSRP on this car is $33,885. This car has neither of the option packages, it's as stripped as you can get a Genesis. Note that you have to qualify for "all" ($2900 worth) of the rebates to get this price. Pretty difficult to be a recent college grad, with military experience, owning either a Hyundai or "competitive car" at the present time, but I suppose it can be done. You also have to use Hyundai Finance, which gives the dealer another kickback from Hyundai.

All in all, I'd say the dealer is getting very close to MSRP for the 2011 car when the 2012's are already out or soon will be. I'd guess you could do better, maybe much better.
This discussion has been closed.