Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mazda Miata Water Leak

carl522carl522 Member Posts: 1
I recently purchased an 06 Miata. The car has low miles, only 22,500 and looks in great shape. When it rains I get an inch or two of water on the floor, passenger side only. The roof seal and window seal look to be in perfect shape. I see no signs of water on the inside of windshield, side window and dashboard are all dry. The only water in the car is on the floor. I have been keeping a car cover on when not driving it, but I would not like that to be a permanent solution. Any suggestions on where the water might be coming in.
Thanks, Carl522

Comments

• terceltomterceltom Member Posts: 1,024
    There are small drain holes in the flange where the carjack gets inserted and also right behind the passenger's and driver's outside shoulder there's a drain that goes down to in front of the wheel that need to be cleaned out occasionally. There's an extensive discussion about these drains in www.Miata.net in their "garage section". This is most likely your problem.
  • miatadudettemiatadudette Member Posts: 1
    My 2008 Miata makes a high pitch, niosy/whiny sound as I accelerate in 5th gear starting at about 80 km/hr. It stops if I coast. It doesn't seem to affect performance. Transmission.... belts.... manual transmission fluid have all been suggested as possibilities. Any thoughts?
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    Hmm, wheel bearings, perhaps? We had a set go bad on our 626, it whined like you describe. The pitch varied with road speed.