Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lexus CT 200h

Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
Talk about the CT 200h here!

Comments

• scottphillipscottphillip Member Posts: 249
    Does anyone know when the 2012 will be released? I know that 2011's are still being shipped now.
  • zeuspilotzeuspilot Member Posts: 18
    anyone driving or buying ct200h?
    other than the fact it is pretty much a glorified prius, how does it run?
  • midnightcowboymidnightcowboy Member Posts: 1,978
    CT200h 2012 will start arriving September 2011; no change in options or colors; 3-5% price increase
  • midnightcowboymidnightcowboy Member Posts: 1,978
    Uses the same engine power plant as Prius that is about all that is the same. Not fast 0-60 , but nice feel and handling especially in "sport" mode.
  • kyrptokyrpto Member Posts: 216
    Top Three Selling Hybrids for July:

Toyota Prius 7,907
    Hyundai Sonata 4,177
    Lexus CT 200h 1,547

hybridcars.com
  • mmohnotmmohnot Member Posts: 2
    Anybody who has bought CT? any ideas of bargained pricing? I am looking to buy one in next week, so other bargained pricing would be great.... Also what about any cons from folks who have done reasearch or driven it
  • divewreckdivewreck Member Posts: 50
    Car handled fine, but am leery about accleration. No rear vision at all, especially with rear headrests up. What happened to the cargo space. Even with battery, I 'd have a hard time getting in one suitase
  • little_pogilittle_pogi Member Posts: 149
    Moved up from Prius to CT200h. Still have Prius for everyday commute. Was able to negotiate $1k off MSRP premium package and 60% off dealer installed chrome wheels.
    You might also be able to get some $ off MSRP since they are towards the end of the model year. '12 model is no different than "11.
    CT handling was more sportier than old Prius. Ride was a little rougher since the wheels have a 45% ratio as compared to the 65% on the Prius. There is also better isolation of engine noise. Mileage indicator is showing over 46 mpg. I am not the aggressive type of driver.
  • buchobucho Member Posts: 1
    I just bought my ct200h with a red exterior and white interior. I have been driving an Audi Q5 and loved it, but didn't love the gas mileage and associated costs. I read a great deal about the ct200 before buying and had some concerns about the claims of sluggish driving. Well, it isn't a race car. It isn't as peppy as my Audi was, but it is more than adequate and putting it in the Sport mode gives you much better steering and a bit more acceleration. This isn't a car for the speedster. But, it has plenty of pep for regular driving and no problems getting on the fast lane in the highway. I love the 43 mpg rating and love the blue glow of the dash when you are operating in the economy range, sort of a "way to go" as you are driving. The interior is very nice and the nav is great.....I love gadgets and this one has plenty to play with. The back seats fold down flat, a big plus for me with my dogs. So, I love it and have no regrets.
  • mechradmechrad Member Posts: 22
    Hello all.

I just bought a CT and have had it for a few days. I traded in a 2010 Prius with 18000 miles. The prius was fine and did what it was supposed to do (give me high mpg). I did not find anything overly nice or exciting about the prius. The Lexus is much more comfortable and luxurious. I loved it from the first turn at the wheel. The car is a 2011 (yes I know 2012 is coming out soon). They offered me 18k for the prius (I paid 21300 in December of 2010) and full price on the Lexus. I said I needed 2k off to make the deal and they agreed to it. Should have asked for 3k. The car so far is great. Like the ride and the cool brown interior. I am on my first tank and so far mid 30s mpg. This car looks like the perfect car for those who want a high miler and some luxury. Listen this is not a sports car but is much more fun to drive than the prius. My wife who hates most cars except her infiniti g37 actually has said she likes this car and will drive it when going further than 20 miles.
  • believebelieve Member Posts: 74
    edited October 2011
    Let me understand this, you can't fit one suitcase in the Ct2ooh? My wife loves her Ct and she fits all kinds of stuff in that thing. To say it won't hold a suitcase is absurd.
    BTw......u don't buy a hybrid to race. Hybrid cars are for those that wish to save the earth and their pocket book and screw opec.
    Read the review by Healy in the USA today. Very good write up.
    Can't fit a suit case.......jeeeesh.
    BTW......the car has the best seats of any vehicle I have ever drove and this guy is almost 62. Trust me, I've owned and drove tons of cars.
  • jmontanojmontano Member Posts: 4
    Te Prius C is scheduled for release as a compact hybrid in 2012 was wondering if it the sme body and engine as the 200H? nyone know ? Thanks
  • richardofozrichardofoz Member Posts: 1
    I think the CT200's luggage space (or lack thereof) is a bit of a furphy. You sometimes need to pack more carefully, for example with smaller, flexible bags. Clearing out all the junk you don't need helps, too, and improves economy. But it's all going to fit somehow. If I can't go in my CT, I'm not going.