Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Brand New 2011 2.5x Premium AC (Evaporator) Problem

suforsogoodsuforsogood Member Posts: 3
edited October 2014 in Subaru
Hi all

I am in the New York area and leased a 2011 2.5x Premium 3 weeks ago (!) and yesterday the AC stopped cooling (blows hot air). I took it to the dealer - the service guys looked at it, took it apart and said the evaporator needed to be replaced. They have ordered a new evaporator from Subaru (apparently sent back the current one) and I should get the car back tomorrow.

I am wondering if this is a bad omen for the quality of car/AC parts in general, and if I have/should seek any legal recourse to get a new vehicle. I don't want to over-react but for the AC to blow up in 3 weeks for a brand new car is not my idea of "quality."

I would appreciate any help from experienced members on this board.

Thank you!

Comments

• ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    Not a common issue so I imagine you'll get it back and never see that problem again. We're on our 2nd Forester and it's been flawless.
  • xwesxxwesx Member Posts: 16,790
    I agree. It is for that very reason we have warranties on vehicles. In any machining process, there is never 100% success. Of course, that is still a tough pill to swallow when it is your car that has the problem. :sick:
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
  • suforsogoodsuforsogood Member Posts: 3
    Thanks all for your replies - appreciate it. Got it back - evaporator replaced - so far so good!
This discussion has been closed.