Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2010 Lincoln MKS Center Console Lid

firstymdtsfirstymdts Member Posts: 2
Has anyone else had problems with the center console lid breaking on the 2010 Lincoln MKS? I raised the lid to get out some change and the entire thing broke off in my hand. When I took it into Nick Mayer Lincoln-Mercury for a 7400 mile service, the service rep and manager insisted there was no manufacturer's defect and that I must have yanked it out of the console. They REFUSED to cover it under warranty. There are plenty of reviews about this car saying that the interior has some cheap parts.

Thanks.

Comments

• e_net_ridere_net_rider Member Posts: 1,380
    Be specific of what broke?
    On mine, the dye has completely worn off at the center, passenger side rest.
    But I have noted that my height in the seat puts the front of the arm rest right at the back of my elbow. I hope I never get rear-ended.
  • rampartviewrampartview Member Posts: 1
    Can anyone tell me how to open the center console on the 2010 MKS. I love the car but I have never been able to figure how it opens!
  • euphoniumeuphonium Member Posts: 3,425
    Palm of hand over end of armrest. Below the end of the armrest, fingers press upward on a little lever allowing the console to be opened.