Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2012 Honda Odyssey

hp2009hp2009 Member Posts: 65
2012 Honda Odyssey details available on honda.com

no major change except ex has bluetooth with usb

white diamond color for touring

increase price of $150

thanks
hp

Comments

• samnoesamnoe Member Posts: 731
    As they have added the iMID screen on the EX, I would expect them to add a backup camera on it as well, in order to be competitive with the Sienna LE (standard feature on the LE). And besides, that backup camera will become a mandate sooner or later. why not include it? Otherwise it would be very competitive. I am happy for the Bluetooth. The finally are waking up. USB audio is also a nice addition, as the 2GB built-into the van is worthless IMO.

Would love the option of a factory-built remote starter as well.

Hope for 2013 they address all these issues, and redesign that ugly exterior (worst design ever IMO, still think so after more than a year on the road, the Aztek is gorgeous compared to that ugly Odyssey), the interior is not bad but could use some higher quality materials, less button clutter, and some more luxury trims. Chrysler is very nice (2011 and up).
  • donethat_1donethat_1 Member Posts: 66
    no other problems then the usual tranny issues.......

I have a 2012 Odyssey that I purchased in October 2011 that is having the same problems. The engine lugs when accelerating, the eco light is on and off constantly and causes the car to vibrate terribly, once when we had been driving all day we stopped at a traffic light and the car would not go when my husband accelerated, then finally lurched forward and started. We had five lights that we had to stop at on the way home and it did the same thing each time. At this point we had owned the car for about a month. We took the car in the next day and of course it was not doing it anymore. We have now had it happen 4 more times. We took it in after the 3rd time again and a technician had me take it out and tell them what was happening. He agreed that there was hesitation on acceleration. He told me that Honda was working on a fix for this and the he would call me to bring it in when they had the software update. This was December 15th and I still have heard nothing. I think it is the torque converter. I am a realtor and actually had a client that I was taking out for showings ask me to take them back to their car so they could follow me, they did not feel safe in my car. I just called them again and told them that it needs to be fixed now. I traded in a Ford Expedition and feel the same as you, wish I had kept it. I traded it in because it was almost at 100,000 miles and did not want to have to deal with maintenance issues. I have had more on the BRAND NEW HONDA than I ever did with the Expedition
  • traction1traction1 Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2012
    My 2011 Odyssey Touring Elite hesitates or chugs between shifting of gears. Technicians are having difficulty trying to diagnose the problem. Engineers from corporate say I'm not the only one and just today said they have a software update that may fix the problem. Keep you posted.
  • vitaliyvitaliy Member Posts: 5
    edited June 2012
    Bought 2012 Touring Ody yesterday built in Alabama 06/12 according to the door's sticker. Just 20 minutes after I left dealership parking lot the TPMS warning pops up with tire sign. Manual tells that it means tire pressure is low. I measured all tires and pressure is exactly what manual requires. So, looks like some TPMS sensor (s) is defective. I am wondering how big this headache will be to fix.
  • dldavedldave Member Posts: 46
    Shouldn't be a problem at all because you'll take it back to the dealer and tell them to fix it.

We just bought our Odyssey on 6/23 and while the salesman was showing my wife all the nav and phone stuff, the TPMS light came on. All they had to do was go back and reset it. From my experience with other vehicles, it will go off after a little bit or after a start or two.
  • lino9671lino9671 Member Posts: 3
    I leased my Honda Odyssey EX-L back in October 2011. The only positive so far has been the great deal I got on it. I am paying $363 month no money down. First issue, the steering wheel would lock up when either pulling in or out of a parking spot. Took it to the dealer, replaced power steering pump. 2 months later, same problem but was worse! Dealer had my car for 10 days. Replaced rack and pinion. Now, the steering wheel started vibrating at speeds of 65 MPH or higher. Took it back again, balanced tires, wheel alignment,etc. Picking up my car this evening. I am hoping this issue is resolved! So surprised at all these problems from Honda. Anyone else experience similar problems?
  • kagedudekagedude Member Posts: 407
    edited July 2012
    Just had my EX for barely a week and problems already. I connected the 3rd row middle seatbelt okay last night so my niece can use it. This morning, I noticed that the trim panel where the seatbelt retracts from is off/disconnected up to the hatch light. :confuse:

Bringing it down to the dealer this afternoon for hopefully a quick fix. :sick:
    Whew. It was a quick fix. :P
  • donethat_1donethat_1 Member Posts: 66
    Buyer beware.......February 2012 Motor Trend Long Test Article 2011 Odyssey Touring Elite, 6 months old, 14999 miles "...we'll have the technicians look at the transmission as well. Over time, shifting has become rough, and occasionally upon acceleration between first and second gears, the transmission seems to be shuddering."
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    A reporter is looking for any drivers out there who can discuss the creative ways they've tried to keep their car clutter-free. There are so many gadgets, toys for kids, stuff for pets and other goods carried along in vehicles today, and he'd like to know how you manage or organize all these things inside your car. If you think you have helpful tips or ideas, please let us know at pr@edmunds.com by Monday December 24th.
  • roywerioroywerio Member Posts: 5
    edited December 2012
    I am also thinking to buy this vehicle!
    I noticed on my 2012 Ody EX that the rear wiper washer doesn't really spray but looks to just dribble down to the wiper arm so only the top part of the rear window gets wet and smudgy on the bottom half of the wiper.

Is this the same for you guys? Thanks.