Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2012 Buick LaCrosse Intellilink

dcthorpedcthorpe Member Posts: 5
edited December 2013 in Buick
Has anyone seen or heard an actual date for when Intellilink will be available in the 2012 LaCrosse? I.m not getting any information from the dealers here in South Florida.

Comments

• bwiabwia Member Posts: 2,913
    I will be going to the New England auto show in Boston today and perhaps someone might have an answer to your Intlllink question. Stay tuned.
  • bwiabwia Member Posts: 2,913
    dcthorpe,

You may have to wait for a little while longer. The Detroit reps at the New England Auto Show had no idea when the Intellinked Lacrosse will be available. However, they said Buick is sticking to the first quarter of 2012 as the launch date. They said they have not yet seen the unit nor have received any training on it other than a PowerPoint presentation.
    I hope this helps.
  • dcthorpedcthorpe Member Posts: 5
    Thanks for your time and the update.
  • gmcustsvcsarahgmcustsvcsarah Member Posts: 1,964
    This is a very good question. Per a meeting from a few weeks back, Intellilink is going to start being built in the 2012 Lacrosse on the 23rd of January. However, this date was subject to change as we continue to fine-tune the technological compatibility of the two. From that start date, Lacrosses with Intellilink would possibly start showing up at our dealerships within 6-8 weeks.

I hope this helps to clarify, and if I can be of further assistance please let me know!
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
    Sarah,

Will Intellilink be a standard feature on the LaCrosse and can I place an order now with my local dealer?

Thanks,

Danny T.
    Good morning Danny,
    Yes, Intellilink is set to be a standard feature on the 2012 Lacrosse after the mid-year refresh. As far as placing an order with your dealership, I would be willing to call to find out for you. What dealership do you prefer?
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
    Thanks for the reply, when you stated mid-year refresh do you mean the car wouldn't be available until June or July?

Sheehan Buick (954) 943-6564 ext. 647 Sale Professional Lee
    Lighthouse Point, Fl
    Car production for the 2012 model year started back in the last few months of 2011 (as early as August on some models). The mid-year refresh I mentioned was referring to the tentative January 23rd date I had mentioned earlier. I hadn't meant to be confusing, and I apologize!

I will get a call into the Sheehan Buick for you today and post an update for you by 4:30 EST.

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
    I apologize for the last response! I called the dealership and the person I spoke with said that they believed orders could be placed for Lacrosses with Intellilink, but was going to make sure and call me back. The return call never occurred, which I was waiting for to post back to you. (Funny thing is I was driving home last night and thought to myself: Oh no! I didn't post back on Friday!)
    So, again, I apologize for a late response.
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • e_net_ridere_net_rider Member Posts: 1,380
    What are the advantages of Intellilink over the previous system?
    Any bets upon whether it performs fully or not?
    I find it a shame that GM has taken the fix approach of MS. Sort of out the door and then patch after patch, and sometimes no patch for the problem.
    One of the new innovations with the Intellilink system is its ability to use Bluetooth technology to stream audio from a smart phone; this means that internet radio stations on Pandora or Stitcher could be enjoyed while driving. I am not sure how much more I should elaborate as I do not want to violate the Edmunds policies on solicitation. If I can provide any more information for you, please contact me via email and I'd be happy to further discuss Intellilink.
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • jab36jab36 Member Posts: 2
  • jab36jab36 Member Posts: 2
    Buick dealer locally having a big sale soon, and the wife really likes the new Lacrosse’s. If we find one that fits all our needs it will save special ordering it. But, what is the difference between the Intellilink we would find at the dealer’s and the one being put in the Lacrosse starting on the 23rd of this month.

Are the differences enough to warrant waiting for the new one?

P.S.—new to the forum, searched the posts but couldn’t find any addressing this issue, thus the new discussion.
  • robbin33robbin33 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Sarah,

I really would like to buy a Buick Lacrosse but I don't want it without the intellilink system with rear view backup camera. Any news on when I can order? I'm working with a dealership out of Columbia, SC to get it ordered but he hadn't heard any word on when cars with the intellilink could be ordered. I would like to order a premium 1 or premium 2 package but I don't want it without all the standard features it's supposed to come with. Thank you!
    Lindsey
    Hello Lindsey,
    I'm sorry to say that since the last posts I've made I haven't received any new information on when a vehicle with Intellilink will be available for order. I'll continue to watch for it, though, and will update the thread when I know more.
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
    edited February 2012
    Hello all,
    I also keep an eye on the Buick Facebook wall and saw the following post there from Buick about IntelliLink on the LaCrosse: Buick Facebook: IntelliLink Post
    Knew you all were interested, so thought it would be helpful!
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • ready4lacrosseready4lacrosse Member Posts: 1
    Well it is June now.......what is the scoop with Intellilink and the LaCrosse? I am in MN and ready to buy if Intellilink is now available (as advertised by Buick for many months).
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    ready4lacrosse,
    Thank you for posting your questions. I would recommend speaking with your dealer about ordering information. Intellilink is now available. I hope this helps. :)
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • ed949ed949 Member Posts: 1
    I ordered a 2013 Buick Lacrosse with navigation,etc., on August 9, 2012, with delivery in 6 to 8 weeks. I just learned on Sept 5th that my order was not picked up for building because of a problem with the navigation system.(intellilink ??) No delivery date available. Is this the same problem over again?

Ed949
    Good morning ed949,

We're willing to check and see what we can find out for you - would you please email us your order number or the last 8 digits of the VIN to [email protected]?

Sarah, GM Customer Service
  • ciracira Member Posts: 37
    Hi Sarah. I am looking at a 2013 LaCrosse Touring edition and am trying to determine if Intellilink supports A2DP Bluetooth streaming of music and podcasts directly through the Intellilink system. I just saw your message from January. I am inquiring beyond Pandora and Stitcher to music and podcasts stored on my iPhone 4S. The dealer did not know and neither did Buick when I called. I was hoping you might have some insight? Many thanks.
    Hi there cira!

Talk about twilight zone...did you happen to have a chat session yesterday? :)

I have stumbled across this page for the 2013 Enclave (I know you're interested in the LaCrosse but didn't find any confirmation of A2DP for it): http://media.gm.com/media/us/en/gm/news.detail.html/content/Pages/news/us/en/201- 2/Apr/0403_enclave.html

It states that the 2013 Enclave will have "Bluetooth with hands-free (for phone calls) and A2DP audio-streaming protocol support". Unfortunately, this is all I have at this time.

All the best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service