Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Mazda CX-5 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

13»

Comments

• tj11119tj11119 Guest, Member Posts: 136
    You are right Ikramerica, just got a confirmation today :( too late for me. Hopefully it wont change much for April, if you get an update please let me know.
  • sugarshacksugarshack Member Posts: 1
    2013 Touring with roof rails, bumper guard, and navigation. .9 financing $24,500 purchase price. Easy, happy transaction. Bought from Brian Kadar internet sales manager.
  • imadad2imadad2 Member Posts: 79
    edited April 2013
    First time buying a Mazda and when I did my research I found it hard to believe that they do not mark up their vehicles all that much. I bought a 2014 FWD Mazda CX-5 Touring with the bose/moonroof package for $25,500 plus TT&L. I got about $500 under invoice but not sure if that is a good price or just an average one? Any thoughts anyone?
  • da1283da1283 Member Posts: 1
    Hi, this is my first time leasing a car and I got this quote:

2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring, FWD, Automatic + roof rack:

$ 286/mo + Tax --- 0 down --- 12,000 miles/year

Excluded: tax, lic, fees. 36 month lease.

How much does the tax, licenses, registration, etc cost in SoCal? Sorry I'm really just a newbie when it comes to these things. Thanks!
  • justhappyjusthappy Member Posts: 1
    FYI - Just purchased ours in Northern California for $33.1K out the door (MSRP $31,490) not sure if it's a good deal but it's hard to get the dealerships to budge on price on this models (pretty high demand on this model).
  • v_a_t_nv_a_t_n Member Posts: 7
    I need advice & help.

We were hit by Sandy right as we were shopping for a new car (see mumnj.blogspot.com). We sold our 10 yr old used Chrysler to a disabled family member Sept '12. Hubby loved the CX-5 when he test drove it last year, my car is the Honda Odyssey Touring '07 (we have kids). I preferred the CRV but perhaps was biased as I drive and love my Honda mini van.

We've contacted a few NJ local dealers (Crystal & Maxon) about our situation and got poor response in getting a decent (ie not over MSRP) deal for the CX-5. Is there any hope for us? Hubby has his heart set on the CX-5 but we are limited in funds as every dollar we spend on the car is one less we can spend on rehabbing the house.

He wants a CX-5 GT with tech, roof racks and hitch hookup. We are AAA members and that gives us $1250 off MSRP but still the dealers try to ramp it up with all sorts of extras and fees. Hubby is the worst negotiator on the planet (ie doesn't negotiate) and I got a concussion during Sandy and have had a hard time trying to negotiate anything online or over the phone. I want him to give up on the CX-5 and just buy the CRV but he won't hear of it. So we have been car-less for 6 months and I've had it with him borrowing my van and he won't use a bicycle, not even locally.

Can anyone hook me up with a referral to a decent dealer or agent (we can drive 250 mi to get it) or we can transport it here to North/Central NJ. Are there any dealers with a heart locally that won't rack up the fees and charges? We have AAA & BJ's membership.

Any help is much appreciated!

Vicki
    howyagoing at gmail.com
  • stevedebistevedebi Member Posts: 4,098
    Do you have a Costco close by? If so, it is worth the annual membership to save on the car purchase. They have a purchase program that will take the hassle out of the process, and get a decent price. It is worth looking into.
    Is Costco different from the AAA discount? The AAA discount didn't mean much at all, at the dealerships.
  • rosey112rosey112 Member Posts: 1
    Hi, just purchased the above model CX 5 in Zeal Red, Tan interior, on Monday for $27,300, MSRP was $29,830, this is fully loaded model except navigation, also included wheel locks, cargo cover, all weather mats. Purchased in NY where the doc fees are capped at $75, sales tax and DMV. I think I got a good price...but not sure...they told me I got over $1,000 under dealer invoice...

Love the car, very happy with it.
  • ken117ken117 Member Posts: 249
    I really do not understand Mazda's incentive structure. Mazda offers a small $500 incentive for current customers but nothing for other potential buyers. It would seem Mazda would be better served to at least treat new customers the same as customers they already have. Personally, I have not purchased a Mazda for this very reason. I will not pay more simply because of my past buying history.
  • xoversearchxoversearch Member Posts: 1
    Hi all

Please tell me if this sounds like a good deal at all

CX-5 touring AWD auto with just first payment tax and tag down $340/month for 36 months,15k miles/year?

AG
    I hate Crystal Auto Mall in Greenbrook, NJ. They are smarmy sales people and not trustworthy management.

This is the quote I got for being a AAA/Costco/BJ's member:
    2014, GT, tech, silver, AWD, Trailer hitch, roof racks OTD $33,627, really???

Why are they even in business? Who is paying these people to stay in business?

They claimed that the membership discount is only $150 off so I might go back to the buying programs to complain about them.

Stop buying from hopeless companies and maybe they will go out of business. I believe I saw that they have BBB complaints and other negative reports.

Too bad they are the closest to me as the number 1 dealer is 28 mi away (not good for servicing right?)

GRRR...
  • karhill1karhill1 Member Posts: 165
    At this time, Mazda has virtually no incentives on the CX-5. Ford, on the other hand, has great incentives and financing on the Escape. Recently bought one in the DC area and got a price under invoice plus an additional reduction of $2,000 incentives and 1.9 percent financing. That blew every deal from local Mazda dealers away.

Anyone considering a CX-5 at this time might benefit from at least checking our the Escape.
  • mggm1220mggm1220 Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2013
    What was the total msrp they quoted you before all the taxes and fees? Also, what fees did they throw into the price to get you to the $33, 627 OTD price? Thanks.
  • nikinmdnikinmd Member Posts: 3
    Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I've tried trolling through previous posts and am wondering how to find the invoice price, or if there's a good rule of thumb for % below the MSRP to aim for? After having a hard time finding the CR-V EX-L AWD Nav equipped as I want it, I'm realizing that the 2014 CX-5 Grand AWD w/ Nav may be easier to find and a better deal to boot...but am trying to figure out what price range(s) are realistic to aim for. I'm in Montgomery County, MD, in DC suburbs.

Thanks!
    I am also looking for the 2014 Mazda CX-5 AWD with technology package. I am trying to get an OTD price between $31,000-$31,300.
  • nikinmdnikinmd Member Posts: 3
    I was quoted $30,700 plus tax, tags, and procesing fee, plus $60 for the mat for CX-5 AWD w/ tech in red. taxes are about $1931, tags $312, processing fee is $394, for a total of $33,397.
    For the 2014 Mazda CX-5 AWD with Technology (Exterior: Blue) I was quoted an OTD price of approximately $32, 500. Is that a good price? I do like the Mazda CX-5 but was also contemplating the Ford Escape? Hyundai Santa Fe? Nissan Rogue? Any opinions from current owners would be appreciated. Thanks.
  • barasinghabarasingha Member Posts: 1
    Paid $29,280 + taxes and fees in the SF Bay area for my 2014 CX-5 GT Tech AWD.
    I think it is a good price !

Charles
  • albert689albert689 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Charles, what dealership in the SF Bay area did you purchase your CX-5
  • sfbayareamomsfbayareamom Member Posts: 1
    I was interested in Charles' post, too, because that looked like an excellent deal. I think I did almost as well. This morning, I bought a CX-5 GT AWD with Tech in Crystal Pearl White Mica from Putnam Mazda in Burlingame. MSRP was $31,490, invoice (obviously not their true cost) was $30,458 and I got $29,705. This equated to $32,798 after fees (all clearly explained) and hefty CA sales taxes. I was also trading in a 2000 Mercedes SUV with service lights on and mileage over 180,000 (value under $2000), and they eventually matched the price my mechanic was willing to pay for it, though that took awhile. I went into the negotiations knowing all the other dealerships within 50 miles that had the identical car (4 vehicles just down 101 in San Jose) so they knew I was happy to try elsewhere if I didn't feel I was getting a good deal. Overall a perfectly satisfactory experience.
  • psufan32psufan32 Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone purchased a 2013 leftover recently? I know of a dealership that has one for sale still and it's been on the lot a heck of a long time. I am just wondering how low of a price to expect on something left over for so long.
  • thriller2thriller2 Member Posts: 7
    I wanted to buy CX-5 but ended up with RAV4 becuase of ride quality & reliability .
    Past Monday I bought new 2013 RAV4 XLE FWD $22,000 + Tax Tag & title in Socal ( DCH toyota torrance internet dept ). I think I got awesome deal. This was less than TrueCar price and almost $2k below factory invoice price. This included $500 Toyota discount as I went with my credit union for financing.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454

Please help launch our new Facebook tab and be one of the first to share your car shopping experience.

• Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,948

Tried to do this and after I was done, said the time had expired or something like that. I wasted my time here and won't be doing it again. This really stinks!

The Sandman :@ B)

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• lisamaxelrodlisamaxelrod Member Posts: 2
    USED 2013 prices paid in Cali as of 10/14 looking to buy next 2 months HELP. Thx. [email protected]