Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Mazda CX-5 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• firstcar12firstcar12 Member Posts: 2
    It's unclear on most descriptions. Looks like some dealers list it as auto on/off headlights and others say delay-off headlights.
  • godeacsgodeacs Member Posts: 481
    Local dealer has offered a "base" (no options) Touring CX-5 at invoice. Sounds pretty good to me - will check out tomorrow. Don't need all the fancy "techie" stuff, moon roof, etc. Had already told them I would not buy at MSRP......
  • danangmedanangme Member Posts: 24
    No,you have to buy the tech package to get auto on and off headlights but you also get HID with adaptive control.
  • danangmedanangme Member Posts: 24
    Picked up a Touring AWD with moon roof/Bose and Tech Package,crystal white paint,mats,cargo cover and locks MSRP $28,800.
    The dealer who I bought 2 other Mazda's from told me if I gave him a deposit of $200.00 I could have the next CX-5 that came in,he had nothing on the lot and the last one he had got sold as it rolled of the car carrier.
    They gave me a $830.00 discount along with the $500.00 loyalty bonus which is better than most who advertise they will discount it 999.00 but when you read the fine print that includes the loyalty bonus.
    Watch the dealers who add on a processing fee over and above the tags/Title/Registration,I've seen some who charge an additional $400.00 but that was in New Jersey so maybe they all do it there.
    I talked to one dealer in Langhorn PA. Reedman Toll who claimed they would sell me one with a $1200.00 discount but even if true and even if they didn't have some hidden fee's it wasn't worth my time and effort to drive 100 miles to find out.
    A GT came in along with my Touring but the 19" low profile tires are a deal breaker for me.Expect to pay $300.00/ea when you replace them and the road conditions in N.E. PA make them impractical.
    After 1000 miles in the CX-5 I can say it's all that I expected.Tight stiff chassis,handles great with very little body lean,very comfortable inside and quite and while the engine is short on torque a heavy foot solves that problem when needed.
  • cpnccpnc Member Posts: 1
    Hi! I'm looking to buy a cx5 in the rtp area.. Which dealer did you go with and any tips/advice would be greatly appreciated! Also, how do you like the car? thank you so much for your help! - cp
  • maryb4maryb4 Member Posts: 4
    Balise mazda in west springfield ma has a great selection of cx5's if it is on their lot you will get lost of rge $600 mark up.
  • kardutkardut Member Posts: 1
    Just put a deposit on a GT AWD with tech package, $200 off MSRP plus $500 military rebate ($29715 before TTL). Car had just arrived at port when I went to test drive, so hopefully will be in in a week or 2. Only a couple of other similar models within a 60 mile range of NoVa, and all the others had already had dealer add-ons installed. Great buying experience so far, no pressure, pleasant sales staff, at Browns Chantilly Mazda. Just noticed, BTW, that MSRP has already gone up $300, according to Mazda website, since we put our deposit down on Thursday...
  • ccjw511ccjw511 Member Posts: 23
    dealer offer $1300 below the invoice for touring?
  • boodrowboodrow Member Posts: 15
    I picked up CX-5 Touring with nav and moonroof in Portland, OR for $1000 under sticker with $500 loyalty rebate. The car is hard to find with the right options and harder to get a decent deal. Boise had the best price but Portland had the right car at a decent price. I just completed a 3000 mile trip and got about 32.5 mpg at speeds around 65-70. ;)
  • pcedmpcedm Member Posts: 1
    Through Costco membership program, dealer knocked off several hundreds from MSRP right away, after 5 minutes negotiation, another $300 off.

Total $25217 (should be invoice) + dealer fees and taxes. Walked out the door a little less than $28k with a full tank of gas. The dealer I bought the car from is amazingly easy to work with, nice guys. BTW I am in Seattle area.
  • dorsedorse Member Posts: 4
    Bought this for my daughter. No discount in Central TX (Austin, San Antonio) and very few cars available. However, one dealer had received just what I was looking for (Sky blue GT wo tech package) three days before so paid sticker. To their credit, there were no additional options and no dealer fees. They did offer almost nothing for her trade so sold it to Carmax for $1300 more than the dealer offered. High volume Kia/Mazda dealer selling cars like crazy. Love it or shove it attitude on pricing. Not the greatest buying experience but a great car.
    Just curious, which dealer did you buy from? Have been offered $100 over invoice both in SA and Austin area (Georgetown) for the Touring model.
  • newcx5newcx5 Member Posts: 2
    Bought a new CX-5 Touring with moonroof/bose pkg and tech pkg on 9-12-12. MSRP was $27,160. Paid $580 under MSRP and got it for $26,578 + fees, license and taxes. Out the door price of $27,800 even.
    I have been shopping and comparing the RAV4, CR-V, Rouge and CX-5 starting back in January 2012. It is true that the Mazda dealerships do not seem to have very many CX-5 on there lots at any given time and when they do they seem to sale quickly, but not to the point that you do not have time to look around for a deal. In my area (Chesapeake, VA) I have only seen one CX-5 Touring with the upgrade packages that I got. Options other than the standard 3 models are hard to find.
    For me (tall guy) the CX-5 was the best physical fit, it looks real nice with plenty of hi-tech features, plus the gas mileage is great. I was sold.
    Tips: 1) set up a folder of favorites in your web browser with all the local dealer ships in your area. search them 2 times a week to get an ideal of how long a car sits on the lot before selling. Most dealerships post their new inventory with pictures right on there web page so that makes it very easy to track.
    2) when you see a car that is not selling because of it features or maybe color then you will have a better chance to negotiate a lower price. This is what I did. I wanted the technology upgrade but did not want to pay for the leather seats or the expensive 19" wheels. When you have to replace the wheels you are looking at about $1K, ouch. I guess most people did not want to pay extra for the tech package without the leather so the car sat on the lot for over a month. A long time for a 2013 CX-5. This gave me leverage to strike a deal.
  • bobacdigitalbobacdigital Member Posts: 10
    edited September 2012
    Paid 28k OTD for White Touring FWD Moonroof Bose / Tech Package.. Before tax and fees it was about 26k... Faired pretty well considering my build at MSRP is 27,505 (TX) and True Car target buy is at 26,810 (including owner loyalty incentive).
  • bobacdigitalbobacdigital Member Posts: 10
    How did you arrive to 27,160 for MSRP? The Mazda website has MSRP for any color other than white with your options for 27,305?
  • newcx5newcx5 Member Posts: 2
    It was posted on bottom of window sticker. The MSRP before upgrades (all weather floor mats, wheel locks, moonroof, technology package [the tech pkg includes a lot of nice features found on the Grand like NAV and Bose sound system]) was 23,895. Good Luck.
  • richroundersrichrounders Member Posts: 4
    I just bought my white CX5 with moonroof package and all weather mats for $26,000 out the door. I think the sale price before all fees was around $24,200 or so.

I bought this from sport durst Mazda in Durham NC. They told me they actually lost money on this but are a high volume dealer and will make it back that way. I had a terrible experience at Cary Mazda (capital Mazda) when I was told they would match the written offer if I brought it in. 2 hours of waiting and they said they couldn't do it and asked me to pay another $395. The GM was there and told me it wasn't worth driving 25 min to Durham over $395 and that they don't offer loaners or give free initial oil changes. All of this was a lie, as they do offer loaners and give you a free oil change.

Avoid capital Mazda of Cary NC. The GM and sales manager Rachel are liars. Rachel even texted me from a salesperson phone without his knowledge impersonating him saying I lacked integrity for shopping for prices and to never contact him (again she was acting like the sales person) again. Later I text the number back and said I was very surprised by his reaction and he responded he had no idea what I was talking about. He then informed me that the sales manager Rachel was reviewing his messages earlier and must have sent me the messages. SERIOUSLY what manager does that?
  • xyzxyzxyzxyz Member Posts: 1
    Paid 24,650 OTD for a Touring with roof rails, cargo cover, floor mats, and wheel locks. It was about 23,050 before tax and title.
    Wow, the last 2 posts indicate some low prices out there - I just don't see it here in central Texas. I was offered a Touring version with NO options (sticker $24690) for invoice, which is just above $24K. That's BEFORE TT&L, etc......... :confuse: :confuse:
  • arnieallarnieall Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking to get a GT AWD this week (before the 0.9% financing disappears). Anyone have any recommendations on dealerships in Northern or Southern California that offer great deals on this car? My family lives down in SoCal so I can justify a trip down to pick up the car if the price is right.

Can any Californians share the prices they were able to get on their purchases?

Thanks for all your help. Hoping to join you guys as a CX-5 owner soon!
  • patrickzpatrickz Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the post! I just got quotes from Sport Durst and Capital Mazda... both only taking around $700 of the base model. What was the msrp on the CX5 w/ moonroof?
    Total MSRP $26,320

Sale price $24,649.76
    Dealer filing fee $28
    N.c.s.i 9.75
    Notary and fees $499
    Total $25,186.51
    Tax $739.49
    License title $74

Total- $26,000

That was my work up from sport durst on Saturday. Send me a message and ill give you the contact. Then we can split the referral fee of $300!!!
  • tl11tl11 Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2012
    Wanted to thank all the people on this forum. You've been a great help in pricing out the car. Here are the numbers I got:

CX-5 Touring AWD (no other options)
    75 doc
    75 dmv (transfer plates)
    10 inspection
    12.5 tire tax

I also added the cargo tray and rear bumper guard (NOT included in above price)
    That's about the exact same as mine as I listed above. Mine wasn't awd but had moonroof which is same cost as awd.

Good deal there. My tax was only 3.5% though
  • joeboxer1joeboxer1 Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2012
    Bought 10/13/2012

blue-tooth, backup camera, big lcd, blind spot monitor, power driver seat, dealer installed interior protection(which I refused to pay for cause they added it to every cx-5 on the lot that had cloth interior), sorry I'm not paying 600 bucks for a can of 3m scotchguard....basically fully loaded without Nav system, AWD, self dimming rearview mirror, roof rack and leather

26,870 (with delivery)

paid 24,200

I got s-plan pricing, funny thing is they didnt make me provide proof, they generated the pin for me....no hassle and got the 3% financing too

Mike Bass Mazda of northern OH, near Elyria, awesome buying experience ask for Del in the Ford sales department, he was one of the best sales guys I've ever had when purchasing a car! young kid, but once again, awesome.... :)
  • txf23txf23 Member Posts: 5
    I negotiated the price through emails - paid $23200 - $500 loyalty at Medina Mazda OH.
    I put $500 down to find the car. After 2 days the car arrived drove to the dealer spent 30 min doing the paper work and paid cash. No hassle, no pressure best experience ever on new car buying.
  • jr1322jr1322 Member Posts: 1
    This car was selling for $22,890 and the OTD (tax and fees included) was $24,100.
  • rags123rags123 Member Posts: 1
    I was wondering how much I can pay for this? Invoice price is $29,454 (with tech pkg). Wondering whatz the best deal I can get on this. All your suggestions are greatly appreciated.
  • reignreign Member Posts: 20
    Can anyone tell me what prices were paid for the 2013 CX-5 in the Dallas area and which dealership you went to. Preferably lease pricing (monthly payment), but also OTD price on a purchase. I've already been low-balled on a lease for a 2013 Ford Escape (Westway ford in Irving), and this was via a written email price from them!
    Thanks
  • shaymvshaymv Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2012
    Joined this board to inform others about experience and hoping they can take it into account and save on their car purchase.

Bought a Mazda CX-5 FWD no tech/moonroof for 26,570 out the door with a full tank of gas and 2 miles on it. The dealership tried to negotiate a 26 sticker price off the bat even though the MSRP was 25,150. Make sure you print out the specifications of the car you want before you go.

The invoice price of the car 23,501 which I didn't see until later because this was my first time buying a car, ever.

The dealer was very experienced: had me drive the car, explained all the features, told stories about his kids, the whole shebang ...and then when it got down to pricing offered it for 27. We initially shook on 26,8 but last minute I started to feel off about that deal (paying 27k for the touring with no extra packages seemed steep). Granted there are few white tourings with black interior with the specs I wanted, had to drive 1-2 hours just to see one.

To be honest, I feel as though I overpaid but still love my car. Some tips I learned: the friendlier the sales guy, the more customers will overpay. don't ever feel like you owe the dealership anything even if you have spent hours talking, also throw in some incentives for yourself right before you sign (if you throw in .... I'll sign right now and you've got a deal-- I did this and got $300 off because I decided I wanted roof racks and wheel locks and they wanted to compensate me for it). That moment right before you sign and have spent hours negotiating is crucial, you can use it your favor -always- or walk. Always leave with a full tank and always choose a comfortable price in your head and NEVER budge from it. Also, go on a dead day, end of the month on a Monday. I understood that they probably paid around 22-23k for the car so made about 3,5 off my deal.

I would have felt better walking out the door with the car I have for 25k flat. But hey, such is life.
  • maxx4memaxx4me Member Posts: 1,340
    Great purchase. I won't make you feel bad about how many nickels above you paid, but I did want to throw this out to you: I'm surprised dealerships are still in business in this day and age. There are so many rock bottom ways of buying a car that ensure you never have to deal with some joker who knows nothing about the cars he/she is selling. Next time, and from now on, use internet buying, credit union buying services, or your favorite wholesale club's buying service. Dealerships are for one thing: "trying the shoe on for size." Edmunds and other resources are for research, and buying services are for purchasing. Best of luck with your car. From all research I have done (to include "trying the shoe on at the dealership"), it looks like a winner.
  • jcoates1986jcoates1986 Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2012
    I was quoted $27,122.04 + TTL for a CX5 Grand Touring FWD. No additional options. I was told this was "employee pricing". Anyone have any input on whether this is a good deal or not? Thanks.
  • rriittaarriittaa Member Posts: 3
    I was told that Costco members receive 500. under invoice no negotiations. I was looking for grand touring fwd. With tech package. Invoice price was 28,665.
    My price before tax title and license would be 28,065. I would say you have a good offer.
  • 6thstreet6thstreet Member Posts: 10
    I purchased my CX-5 on 1/2/13 in Dallas. Here's my deal:

The Car (MSRP/Edmunds Invoice):
    CX-5 FWD GT: (27,345/26,557)
    Crystal White Exterior: (200/178)
    Tech Package: (1,325/1,179)
    Wheel Locks: (55/44)
    Destination: (795/795)

Total: (29,720/28,753)

The Deal:
    Purchase Price: 27,190
    Sales Tax: 1,668
    Dealer Inventory Tax: 60
    Title/License: 73
    Inspection: 73
    Doc Fee (Dealer Additional Profit): 125
    OTD: 29,189

I qualified for the $500 Mazda loyalty so my price was $500 less than the OTD above (28,689). I wanted to keep that separate from the numbers as not everyone will get that $500. I also financed at the promo rate of 0.9/36.

This price was obtained without negotiation via the Costco Buying Service. I thought I would use the Costco quote as a starting point for negotiation but it seemed so low I didn't try to push it.
  • kimrokimro Member Posts: 4
    I bought a CX-5 Sport for my daughter at Hennessy Mazda Southlake. They advertised the car for $20,999 and that is what I paid with the only option the bluetooth package. The MSRP was $23,290. I found that discounts on CX-5 were less than $1,000 at other dealers so this seemed like a good deal. My daughter is thrilled! They included a full tank of gas.

I worked with Chris Pulliam and he was very professional and responsive. I would definitely buy from him again.
  • nflroyaltynflroyalty Member Posts: 10
    edited January 2013
    Hello all,
    1st time purchaser of Mazda on 1/3/13.
    Just bought 2013 CX-5 GT FWD silver,with Tech pkg. and all-weather mats and molded trunk liner. Manufactured last November, arrived at dealer 3 wks ago. $28,000 + tax, title and enviro. fees. MSRP: $29,465. Good luck to all.
  • rriittaarriittaa Member Posts: 3
    edited January 2013
    I went to my local Mazda Dealer in Santa Rosa , Ca. With the Costco quote and to my surprise they matched it!

2013 Mazda CX-5
    Pearl White w/tan interior
    FWD GT with tech pkg.

27,262. Before tax/lic.

Love my new car : )
  • krellu7421krellu7421 Member Posts: 8
    anybody hear anything about availability of the 2014's
    I heard on most of the line the cx-5 now has a 2.5 185 hp engine and an added safety feature
  • tomkc53tomkc53 Member Posts: 12
    My dealer in NY has a few 2014's in stock. The Touring and Grand Touring have the new 185 hp engine.
  • roger1234roger1234 Member Posts: 1
    Rich,
    Please share the contact info with me re sport durst mazda and we can split the referral....

W8m2b3 at
    Yahoo dot com

Thanks !!

Roger
  • timdastimdas Member Posts: 1
    Bought a new 2014 CX5 Touring FWD (Soul Red with Black intereior) from a dealership in Houston, TX

MSRP : $25, 710
    Trade-in : ($3,500)
    Discount : ($900)
    Loyalty Rebate : ($500)
    TTL : $1,525
    Down Payment : $0
    Financed Value : $22,335
    Finance Rate : 0.9% for 36 months
    Monthly Payment : $629 for 36 months
  • user13398user13398 Member Posts: 1
    Just bought mine tonight.

Southern California

2014 CX-5 Grand Touring FWD
    Tech package

$27,520 + tax/license
  • tj11119tj11119 Guest, Member Posts: 136
    Looks like an awesome deal, can I ask which dealer did you buy from?
  • ikramericaikramerica Member Posts: 101
    yes thats $1500 under invoice, which seems a bit unbelievable without incentives. where in so cal did you get this? i want to go to there...
    I've got some data on the leases for March here in the So Cal region (may be national, no idea) from Galpin.

At 12,000 miles/36 months
    Residual: 55% Sport, 57% GT, 58% GTAWD (assume that Touring would be 56% but didn't ask)
    Add 1% for 30,000 miles vs. 36,000 miles
    Money Factor 0.00013 (.312%)
    $595 Lease fee ($300 lease end fee), no security deposit

So for the GTAWD we are looking at for my wife, we'd have 59% residual and basically no interest other than the lease fees, under $1000 total combined leasing fee over term of lease.

Seems like March is the month to get this car, as it won't get much better than that (residuals can only drop as 2014 model year progresses).

Can Car_Man confirm these numbers?
  • mzda1mzda1 Member Posts: 1
    Manual Transmission 2014 Meteor Grey Sport in Southern California, with Cargo Liner and Retractible Cargo Cover included:

$21,290 sale price - 500 loyalty + tax/title = OTD $22,850

Happy with the pricing and so happy with the car.
  • 2013_2013_ Member Posts: 4
    2014 Touring FWD (white paint, wheel locks)

$23,998 + $600 dealer fee + tax, tag, title.

$26,150 OTD
  • marclovemarclove Member Posts: 1
    Curious what people paid for a 2014 CX-5 Touring lease. AWD or FWD. Looking to get one, but might be too expensive. Thanks!
  • tj11119tj11119 Guest, Member Posts: 136
    That MF looks too low, Dealers are giving MF's all over the place.
    It's correct, at least up until today. May change tomorrow. We got our CX-5 GTAWD for that money factor, .59 residual. Quoted that at Galpin and matched by Puente Hills when Galpin couldn't get us the color we wanted.

You think that's low, VW's Tiguan money factor for March was 1/4 of that! Basically no interest at all.