Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti JX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• iamsthiamsth Member Posts: 4
    MSRP is $53583 from the sticker, so a little over $7k off MSRP....I bought with a friend together, so it is a kind of group discount.... the dealer asked us not to disclose the price when referring anyone, because they do not want to honor the same price anymore. :):):)

I would imagine the price to keep dropping with the new MDX coming up in fall...
  • ma91pmhma91pmh Member Posts: 16
    I am curious what is happening on prices on this car? It is clear it is trading at a substantial discount. We went to a dealer yesterday and they mentioned "significant discounts" right off the bat, and the sales guy laid out all his cards on the table and said they've got to shift stock by month end. I just started a chat with another dealer's internet sales and their first offer off the bat on a $51k MSRP was just below invoice.

I'm glad there are bargains out there. We almost bought this car a year ago but I got cold feet on buying without any discounts. I am now a little worried as to why it's so cheap!? What am I missing?
  • m3armandm3armand Member Posts: 10
    I'm betting it has something to do with the fact that this car will "cease to exist" once the new naming conventions come to play during the summer. i.e. - JX will be replaced by QX60. QX will be replaced by QX70.
  • ma91pmhma91pmh Member Posts: 16
    Ah yes. This was news to me, but think you've hit the nail on the head. So if you are a leaser, like me, who doesn't care too much about your QX60 being called a JX35 and you can put it back to the lease co in 3 years, this could be a unique bargain opportunity. It's not like the QX60 is going to be any better. Just more expensive! As a buyer you'd be taking the depreciation downside yourself though
  • aimanshaimansh Member Posts: 5
    edited April 2013
    Just got a Midnight Garnet with Java Int, premium, theatre and deluxe touring packages with kick plates, splash guards, towing package, cargo package and all weather mats. MSRP around 55k got it for $50k minus $14k for my trade (which was the best price I got from different dealers, next best price was $13k from an Acura Dealer) plus TTL. out of the door price was $38500 paid cash no financing. The car had the roof rails/cross bars on it which I did not want and the dealer took them off and took the price out of MSRP (around $800). he had to bring the car from a different dealer 200 miles away. This is the best price I could get around here contacting several dealers via internet. total discount was about 9%.
  • blackexv6blackexv6 Member Posts: 503
    Does anyone know when the 2014 QX60 hits the showroom to replace the JX?
  • chirayu18chirayu18 Member Posts: 3
    Can you tell me which dealership and sales associate you worked with? I'm in Houston and looking for the same type of car.
  • alvemalvem Member Posts: 5
    dude please post the dealer name it will help us a lot with that kind of price. You do not need mention any names of people just the dealer.
  • xxxedysxxxedys Member Posts: 3
    They said 2013 Summer but who knows when "Summer" is...
  • xxxedysxxxedys Member Posts: 3
    Was it the absolute base model or did it come with any accessories?
    Also, does your price of $39,100 include acquisition fee?
  • aykim86aykim86 Member Posts: 1
    I just purchased a new 2013 Infiniti JX35 AWD in Diamond Slate with Graphite interior. Installed packages/options are Premium, Driver Assistance, Theater, Roof Rails, Crossbars, Illuminated Kick Plates and Rear Bumper Protector. MSRP was $53,790 and I purchased for $45,700 after $1,000 dealer incentive. I negotiated like hell, pinning dealerships against each other and I believe I got the best deal possible. I tried to find one with exact same features but in Wheat interior and Maple Accents but no dealer had it or could find it. The deal was too good to pass up and I hope I don't regret it later. I financed with IFS to get the incentive with 72 months, 3.9 APR but will probably refinance with PenFed in a few months.

Does anyone know if it's possible to replace the regular trim with the Maple Accents trim? Dealer seemed to think it could be possible later on for them to do it but not now. It's not a big deal but I really like the Maple. Let me know what you think of my deal!
  • osubuckosubuck Member Posts: 19
    That is amazing deal. I am guessing it was $45700 plus taxes???? You got over $8000 off. Wow

I negotiated as much as I could and they are offering me $50900 out the door on $54180. So before taxes it ends up being around $47135. I offered $49500 out the door but they will not accept. I will not go higher and they will not come down.

Please tell me where you were able to score such a deal
  • osubuckosubuck Member Posts: 19
    Couldn't strike a deal for the JX..and didn't really need the 3rd row. My wife loves the shape..

So we went the the 2013 Acura AWD RDX with Tech package:

MSRP: $40,315
    Remote Start: $620
    Total MSRP: $40,935

Negotiated down to $35,900

Got $5035 off MSRP savings of 12.3%
    Negotiated OTD Price: $38582 (includes tax, title, doc fee, remote start)
    0.9% for 60 months. zero down
    Monthly Payment: $658 for 60 months
  • 1985mb1985mb Member Posts: 60
    Where was this? Can you please post the dealership name/location (it's allowed per Edmunds rules, just not any salesperson's name).
  • lucylou12lucylou12 Member Posts: 1
    Any chance you can post where you got this amazing deal? Would certainly appreciate even the city and state, but best information would be the dealership name. Thanking you ahead of time for your help.
  • mumof2boysmumof2boys Member Posts: 1
    Currently looking to purchase almost exactly what you did except for the Driver Assistance.

Can you tell me what State you are in? And possibly how you negociated the deal with some tips? I would really apprciate any info if you can.

Thanks for any help!!
  • billu1billu1 Member Posts: 2
    I got 39K OTD quote from one dealer. Also another dealer offered 3K below the invoice price, which translates into 36500 + Tax tags and processing fee (comes to around 38k).
  • mikenugentmikenugent Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    Just bought an Emerald Green with Wheat interior over the Memorial weekend: AWD + Premium + Theater + Illuminated kick plates + Rear bumper protector + Windows tints + 2 years / 24K miles of oil & filter service for $43,464 (using Infiniti Financial Services at 1.99%).

MSRP $50,559
    OTD $43464 + TTL => $46537

Essentially got a 14% discount from MSRP. Edmunds TMV was $46,977 + TTL so I think I did well.

Dealer is West Houston Infiniti . I actually got almost the same deal with a dealer in Dallas, Grubbs Infiniti, but decided to go with the local dealer due to conveniences and complimentary services.

Hope this helps .. Mike
  • jailenijaileni Member Posts: 3
    Hi,
    Can you please let me know where you bought this from, as i am looking exactly same configuration.

Appreciate your response.

Thanks,
    Jagadeesh Aileni
  • jailenijaileni Member Posts: 3
    Took the plunge and purchased 2013 Infiniti JX35 AWD in black and graphite interior + Premium + Driver Assist packages

OTD 43720+TTL in CA.

Hope i got a good price.
  • greg0riogreg0rio Member Posts: 12
    Shouldn't the price be dropping substantially considering this vehicle has a name change after only one year, and the new model is coming out in two months?
  • enjetienjeti Member Posts: 25
    I am in the market for a JX in TX as well.. Could you pl. share your details.

Thx
  • textechietextechie Member Posts: 7
    Emerald Graphite with Premium, Theater, Driver Assistance, Roof Rails, Illuminated Kickplates, rear bumper protector and tint for 45K +TTL. Got this at Grubbs Infinity - absolutely great guys to work with. Very professional, no pressure sales process. Thumbs up all the way through.
  • shaolinshaolin Member Posts: 14
    Why are the deals so good on JX35's now? Is it because of the name change to QX50? Increased competition from the '14 MDX?
  • badaxe5210badaxe5210 Member Posts: 23
    2013 JX35 AWD (Diamond Slate w/Java)
    Options: Premium Pkg, Deluxe Touring, Theater Pkg, Technology Pkg, Cargo Pkg, Illuminated kickplates, Roof Rails, Roof Rail Crossbars, Rear Bumper Protector, Interior Accent Lighting. MSRP of $58,205. I can be OTD final price of $52,500. Deal??????
  • badaxe5210badaxe5210 Member Posts: 23
    Conclussion.....I was able to work a bit more magic and got my OTD final price to $51,805 on the above mentioned vehicle plus I got the all weather floormats thrown in with every other option listed.
  • packaging propackaging pro Member Posts: 32
    After a month of debating and wondering if I should wait for the QX60, I just pulled the trigger.
    2013 JX35 FWD with Premium, Driver Assist, Theatre PKG + Roof Rack, Rails and Bumper Guard

MSRP + 52,500

Lease for $2,500 OOP, included first payment
    $530.00 Month Including Sales Tax
    39 Month, 12K per year

Let me know your thoughts.

Also, Dealers had QX60's on the lot. Do you know why they are rated 2 mpg more than the 13's?
    They are 20/26 for a FWD, the 2013 is 18/24.

Maybe Engine and Transmission Tweaks? Maybe lower rolling resistance tires?
  • andremikeandremike Member Posts: 67
    So here's a question. Infinitis website is offering a jx awd with premium packahe for $469mo with 3300 down. Not sure what the money factor is but looks like it could be $1.5%. So that paymebt is paying full msrp right? IF I pay invoice of $45092 for the car and put down 3300 my payment really should be around $380mo right?.
    Msrp 48595
    Residual of 28671
    Mf 1.5
    $3300 down
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    Most advertised lease specials include an unspecified discount from MSRP.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

It doeant seem like it. I looked at the details and can get that payment worh my calculator.. ill look again.. or if you can that would be great..
    edited July 2013
    Lets look at what we do know... msrp is $48595. Residual is $28671.. the net cap cost reduction is set at $44912

The $3300 down includes the $700 acquisition fee. So there is only $2600 down that comes in when calculating the payment. So in calculating how they arrived at the cap cost of $44912 I will take 44912+2600 = 47512... so the cost of tje car is 47512. Or about $1100 under msrp. I can arrive at the 469 by increasing the money factor...

So at 47512 there still room to come down as invoice is about $45092

So if get the car at invoice my payment should be. $405 a month.. witth everything as advertised...
    Just looked at my edmunds app amd it says 1055 dealer contribution required.. so I was rigjt on.. so like I said there is still more money the dealer can contribute if I get the car at invoice
  • littlejoe613littlejoe613 Member Posts: 53
    Wow that new math is something...I guess that means I can get a new QX56 for 'bout $500/mo. nuttin'down. LOL
  • richardnvarichardnva Member Posts: 91
    FYI - something to consider before you decide to get a JX...
    We've had our JX 35 AWD since April and now have a little over 3500 miles on it.
    We're averaging about 14-15 mpg which is truly terrible. I keep the tires at 39-40psi and use premium fuel. Most of the time it's just my wife and one child in the car so there's not a lot of additional weight in the car. There aren't any accessories on the outside of the car, no roof rack, no running boards, nothing on the back to create additional drag. We've tried both the ECO and normal driving modes and regular mixed driving (mostly short commutes around our small community) result in about 14.8mpg. We took the JX on a road trip from Richmond to Orlando, drove on I-95 with the cruise control on and managed to average right at 20mpg. We had an Acura MDX prior to this and experienced much better mileage. This is our 3rd Infiniti, I have a M37x and had a G37x prior to the M, and experienced much better mileage on those two cars. I have a pretty heavy foot and love pushing my M from time to time and still average better than my wife's JX. I recently went into the dealer for a state inspection and asked the service rep if he had heard of simliar problems, and he said he had not. I went online to a JX online community and the results were mixed. Some people cited similar experiences to mine, many others stated they were getting better results. Just thought I share this with you in case MPG is an important factor to you. It's bad enough to where I'm thinking about trading the car in. I'm not a fan of the CVT (had another CVT in an older Audi A6 and loved it). The car is really sluggish when accelerating (and no, i'm not expecting the same experience as my M37). Buyer beware!
  • nag2nag2 Member Posts: 3
    I bought today JX35 AWD for $39500 on the road in Maryland.I think its a good deal.
  • mlevinemlevine Member Posts: 581
    In summer months with AC on and local driving, I suspect MPG will be lower than expected. I agree the JX is sluggish and have mixed views on the CVT transmission. I hope infiniti increases the horsepower on this SUV.
  • jamesnjjamesnj Member Posts: 1
    Congratulations! Is that $39.5K the total out-of-door price? That is really a great deal! I am also looking for a Base AWD JX in NJ but can't find a good deal. What is the before tax price and can you please share from which dealership you got your JX? I don't mind to go to Maryland to make a purchase. Thanks!
  • nag2nag2 Member Posts: 3
    $36,700 is before taxes. I have VPP purchase plan through my employer.
    you can easily get between $37.5 to $38K before taxes in MD.

My Dealer is sheehy infiniti.MSRP on the sticker was $44300.
  • strtuslerstrtusler Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    Just closed on an infiniti jx 35.. details.

fwd, premium, roof rack, 20 inch wheels, illuminated kick plate and Theater.
    MSRP 51300 ------->43300+ TTL.

Finance at 5 yrs 60 mon 2.29.
  • lolli10101lolli10101 Member Posts: 1
    Hi...I am in the market for a JX35 as well, and Grubbs is definitely a candidate. Can you please tell what the MSRP was on your car. That will help me decide how much I should be paying

Thanks
  • misterscmistersc Member Posts: 23
    I made the mistake of ignoring the reviews and leased this car. I'm already regretting it and counting the days for my 39 months lease to end. This car is terrible on gas mileage which was the big reason I got it for my wife who liked it. We get 14-15 miles city on premium gas which the car requires. highway is better but we do a lot of local driving. In addition, the car is so under powered that it struggles to accelerate under normal conditions without passengers or weight. The eco features uses more or as much gas as the standard mode so i don't even bother using it. The speaker phone only works for front driver and not the front passenger which is insane. There are 4 cameras in back and front bumper that pick up 45 degree angles but took away camers for direct front or back hit unless you buy the more expensive feature which is also terrible. I would tell anyone not to buy this car and if you don't believe me, just test drive and you will see there is no power in this car. our friend's cheaper mazda cx9 has more power than the infinity which should never happen.
  • snakiebite1000snakiebite1000 Member Posts: 11
    edited September 2013
    Completed the purchase of a fully loaded QX60 AWD 2014 Black on Java. Wife picked the car over the MDX due to the lower price, moonroof over the 2nd/3rd row, roomieness, and all the tech gadgets. It was not purchased for the fuel economy, handling, power, etc... that I was hoping for.

MSRP: $57,620
    Invoice: $52,873
    Paid: $53,500

My wife and I thought we could get closer to $53,000, but the dealer constantly said he can't do $53,000, so we ended with $53,500.

Trade-In invovlved on a Audi Q5 2011. So who the heck knows if the deal was good. Always hard to factor that in.
    Sorry for your mistake. I looked at JX in Nov/Dec 2012 and gave my opinions on this site. No pickup and poor handling. I like the design and the interior is very nice. I am not a big fan of the CVT transmission, which Nissan has had problems with on the pathfinder, murano, and even other models. On the bright side remember this is a lease and can be returned. If you bought this vehicle, you would take a bath trying to sell it. You never know in the future Nissan may come out with a computer update to help with acceleration.
  • misterscmistersc Member Posts: 23
    Thank you mlevine and i remember your warnings. My wife insisted on buying this car and it wasn't worth arguing. I didn't even bother to test drive it as I'm sure i would have rejected the car on the spot as you did. Anyway, good news is that Wife still likes the car even as the rest of the family (kids included) do not. Happy wife, happy life. I still drive my bmw which drives great. Good luck everyone.
    As long as your wife likes the JX and is comfortable with the ride, that is the key. If you are not using 93 octane gas(premium unleaded), then try this on the next fill up and see if this helps with pickup.
  • slsextonslsexton Member Posts: 7
    im looking at a 2013 JX35 demo that has 3500 miles on it. i am in texas so ttl is higher

MSRP is $52,280
    sale price is $47,900
    res is $28,400

deal offered is $1000 total down (including ttl) 39 months at $615/mo with 12k/year miles

has: premium pkg, drivers assistance pkg, theater, illuminated kick plates, roof rails, splash guards, and rear bumper guard.

is this a good deal?

thanks
  • jfon425jfon425 Member Posts: 4
    We've had our AWD JX since June of last year. Now have 25,XXX miles on it with overall average of 21.8 mpg. Miles have been both highway and city, but I'd estimate about 70% highway. In pure highway driving we've just touched 25 mpg, but it was a flat trip.

We never use the ECO setting, as it just makes the car feel dull. Lots of time in standard mode, but a lot in Sport as well.

Don't know why yours is so low. Is it all city, or are your shoes lead-lined? If not, you may have something the dealer should look at. Good luck!
  • maryn165maryn165 Member Posts: 12
    I just leased a QX60 with premium package and roof rails. I put no money down and just paid the taxes up front. I initially agreed on a price of 517 a month. Gave them $1,000 deposit. 3 1/2 weeks later when I went to pick up the car they said I was a tier III credit so they increased my payment up to $570 a month. I could not believe they never called me and advised me. This is some shady business. I have been buying or leasing cars from 20 plus years from Fords to BMWs and never had this happen to me. I loved the salesman Lamont at Infiniti of Massapequa, but watch your wallet; the FI guy might pick your pocket on the way out. We agreed to meet half way, but had I not liked the car a lot, I definitely would have walked and definitely will advise everyone I know looking to go there of this shady practice they did. Very shocked at a high end car dealer like this to have had this happen. I feel like I just bought from a used car lot.
  • ggekko1ggekko1 Member Posts: 4
    Anyone know what interest rate infiniti financial is giving out currently for well qualified buyers?
  • yellowshellyellowshell Member Posts: 1
    We bought 2013 Jx last saturday and the finance rate with Infiniti is 2.99% with 63 months term.