Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti JX Lease Questions

Comments

• misterscmistersc Member Posts: 23
    edited November 2012
    Thank you for your feedback. I'm not seeing prices anywhere near what you have described in New York area but I suspect the hurricane has something to do with that. I am not in a rush and will wait out hoping for some december year end clearance sales to kick in. Your feedback is spot on. I did some research on edmunds: http://www.edmunds.com/infiniti/jx/2013/road-test.html

This vehicle is for my wife and she needs the 3rd row so we will sacrifice some performance for the other stated benefits and price is pretty good. It appears that performance trade off is by design and fuel economy is pretty good. Thank you again and if someone gets a good price, please do post as I"m hoping to buy this at a fair price.
  • mlevinemlevine Member Posts: 581
    I would contact other dealers going out to a radius of at least 100 miles. Try Ramsey NJ infiniti or even Denville NJ infiniti. Look on other dealers websites to see if the vehicle with the packages you want and even color is available. I believe there is a Thanksgiving incentive that may be available as the dealer I went to was going to give me another $500.00 dollars off. I assume you test drove the JX, but I would test drive it with as many people as you can. We had 3 Adults and one child and It was sluggish. I was doing city driving needing to make quick moves and had concerns . My wife did not want to test drive after I was done. Better drive in the sports mode than eco mode.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    I'm sure that you have been through a lot lately, schojar. I hope that you and your family are safe after the big storm. That's the most important thing.

I don't know if you lost a vehicle in the storm, but if you did you are eligible to receive employee pricing on all Infinitis. That would provide you with a good price without the need to haggle.

I don't think that this dealer is being unreasonable with you. The selling price that you were quoted isn't terrible and the money factor is spot on.

If you aren't eligible for employee pricing you should probably shoot for a selling price of $500 to $1,000 or so over invoice. You can always go out of area if you have the time and local dealers aren't willing to negotiate. You can look up this vehicle's dealer invoice price over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

As far as this truck's lease program goes, Infiniti Financial Services' November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2013 JX35 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00126 and 57%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • ba81ba81 Member Posts: 7
    Thanks for that info. I'll be looking in NY as well.
    Thank you CarMan. Kindly provide factor/residual for 39month/12k. Thankfully, I didn't lose any cars in hurricane so no discount there but thats okay. Thanks to this site, I found out that I'm eligible for a Type A discount through end of November as my employer is qualified for discount with Nissan. This takes the entire haggling out of the equation and I can get below invoice due to Type A rate. After november end, it goes to Type C discount which is still good. I'm hoping that december will have some year end sales and lets hope for that. Since I don't have to worry about price of car any more, I simply need to negotiate a fair Lease rate which carman indicates, I'm being offered and ensure I'm not getting charged unreasonable bank fees, etc. Hoping to purchase this car in december but will do another test drive based on very helpful feedback from mlevine.
    Thank you All.
  • lacoco2010lacoco2010 Member Posts: 3
    These forums have been helpful so want to let ppl know my lease deal in SoCal:
    - 2013 JX w/ premium, roof rails, kick plates and maple accents
    - 39 month lease w/12K miles - $513 per month before tax
    - Drive off cost was first months payment only and zero down
    - MF and residual % is what car man has posted for November

Got the car slightly under invoice and they took back my FX as is even though I had some excess wear and tear

Hope that helps...
  • tarheelnation3tarheelnation3 Member Posts: 10
    Lacoco2010:

What dealership did you find the JX with maple accents? The one I have been dealing with does not have them available. I did find this deal:

-FWD, Premium Package w/ Cargo Package and Illuminated Kick Plates
    -39 month lease
    -$0 down plus drive-offs
    -$499/mo (12,000 miles) or $520 (15,000 miles)

Thoughts?
  • ba81ba81 Member Posts: 7
    I also tried a infiniti dealer in west haven, their quote was higher though. Devan infiniti said 479/mo if i put 4k down for the jx with premium package. the west haven one said 491/mo with the same specs and model.
  • lacoco2010lacoco2010 Member Posts: 3
    monrovia infiniti...

$499 for 12K is better than what I did...I only paid first months payment and I think they rolled in some of the drive off costs into my cap cost so I probably left $10 a month on the table...but I thought it was a decent deal.
  • erinbarnetterinbarnett Member Posts: 2
    I am in Orlando, FL and was looking for the deal you described, can you tell me who I should contact for that deal? Thanks!
    So I ended up getting this deal:

Black Obsidian/Graphite Leather
    Premium Package
    Maple Wood Accents
    Chrome Wheels (20")
    Roof Rails
    Illuminated Kick Plates

39 mo.
    15,000 miles/yr
    $0 down
    MSRP: $49,845.00
    $495/mo.
  • lyakirlyakir Member Posts: 21
    Congratilations on a great deal. How much did you pay upfront upon signing?
  • samny1samny1 Member Posts: 125
    Congrats on the deal. But was that with NO money upfront? That would seem to be a really good deal if so.
  • erinbarnetterinbarnett Member Posts: 2
    Is it possible to share the info. I'd love to get the same deal. I believe you live in FL also. Thanks for your help. It says that you're allowed to share dealer name, city and state... that would be incredible. Congratulations!
    Sorry, I don't live in Florida (I'm out in California). My drive off was simply registration/tags, taxes, and first payment.
    The only money up front was my tags/registration and first month payment.
  • mlevinemlevine Member Posts: 581
    I live in Florida, and I had a 39 month at 10,000 miles a year with nothing down, the saturday after thanksgiving. I suspect I would have to put down 1st month and motor vehicle fees. Bank fee was to be already included. The dealer is Infiniti of Palm Beaches, but I would also try Coconut Creek Infiniti.
  • sewellgsmsewellgsm Member Posts: 775
    Saying $0 down in original post is a bit misleading...thanks for clarifing you put down tax, title, license and first payment....in some states that could be $4400 or so. Makes a big difference.
    $4400 is significant. I thought I lived in a high tax state (CA), but seems like it may not be compared to that figure. The total for taxes/registration/first month's payment where I'm at totaled just a shade over $1000.
  • esjx35esjx35 Member Posts: 1
    What is the residual value and money factor on jx35 fwd 15,000 mile / 39 month lease?
  • cchowcchow Member Posts: 1
    Is a 39 month lease just a manufacturer ploy to make you stick with them? I hate having to either pay the car registration for 3 months or have to sign up for another lease with them to get out of the last 3 months. Am I missing something? Is there a customer advantage? Is it worth trying to get a 36 or 48 month lease from IFS?

Thanks
    You can get a 36 month from IFS, but it will cost you roughly $10+ per month more on the overall lease deal. No idea how the 48 month works. Not sure why they do the 39 mo. either to be honest.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,588
    Ditto...

I actually took the 36 month lease... Paying about $11/mo. more..

For the extra $400, I figure I've got less chance of needing new tires, or another service visit, etc, etc.. Registration is only $25/yr for me, so not a big concern... We pay property tax on whatever car is registered to us on January 1st, so the 39 mo. term doesn't affect that, either..

It might not be a wash, but close enough for me...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• jrod13jrod13 Member Posts: 38
    Can you let us know what type of deal you got on a 36 month lease...mileage, msrp etc. Thanks
    Sorry... didn't mean to imply that I leased a JX..

My wife has a lease on a G37X....

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

what was the selling price, residual and money factor for your deal? did that include taxes?
    car man

what is the residual, money factor for a 39 month lease, 10K miles per year for an awd jx35 with premium package?

Thanks
  • m6userm6user Member Posts: 3,181
    This is not specific to Infiniti but I am curious, does anyone have a good answer as to why you never really hear of 4yr leases or is it just prohibitive from a financial standpoint? Seems like they are all 2yr, 30mos, or 3 yrs.
    I don't have a good answer, but I have an opinion... ;)

I think the banks avoid longer leases for the same reason that I do.. The longer the lease, the harder it is to forecast lease-end value, and the more chance that the car can come back in less than average condition.

So, more variation on lease-end condition, more credit risk from lessees having a financial problem, or bigger lease-end charges from going over mileage (for 4 years, instead of 3).

Also, a lot of 3 year leases come back under warranty, which helps the residual value.. I think that 36 months is the sweet spot... that balances residual vs. cost ...

The longer the term, the higher the uncertainty, and that risk has to be priced into the lease..

Whaddaya think? Am I off base?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

I also had similar questions to others who have posted differences between 36 vs. 39 month lease. We all lease to not be locked into a long term situation with the car or else we might as well buy the car. I'm also having trouble understanding why the 39 month that dealers are pushing us to is better than the 36 month lease? If I take a 39 month lease , I am borrowing money for a longer period of time, I should be paying more as the residual will be lower for using the car an extra 3 months. Why then is the monthly cost lower? Someone with more knowledge can perhaps explain.
    Thank you
    Most 39 month leases have a more incentivized residual compared to the 36 month term.. That usually makes up for the minor increase in finance charges...

So... Infiniti might run a program with a 60% residual on 36 months... an equivalent 39 month residual should be 57%, but they may use 58% or 59%, resulting in the lower payment...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• alykaialykai Member Posts: 2
    Hey,
    I'm a BMW girl but decided on giving the JX35 a go since I need a 7 passenger car. I test drove the car and I love it! I'm just unsure if I'm getting a good deal or not or if they are using the best Money Factor possible. I'm being told they are using the lowest MF allowed by the bank.

Here is the deal I'm getting from a dealership in So Fla.

2013 JX35 AWD
    -Premium Package
    -Rear Bumper Protector
    -Splash Guards
    -Cargo Package
    -Illuminated Kick Plates

MSRP $48,645

CAP $45,005

39 Mo Lease
    12k miles per year
    $1486 due at signing
    $579 with tax per month

What do you think?

Thanks!
  • bigkidforlifebigkidforlife Member Posts: 12
    does that cap cost include the finance acquisition fee?
    if not - you should be able to get a premium AWD model for approx $4000-$4600 off of MSRP based on what i've seen. the more options the more room to get a slightly larger discount.

if that cap cost includes the acquisition fee then looks like you've got a good deal.
    You're welcome mistersc. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2013 JX35 AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00126 and 58% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi esjx35. Infiniti Financial Services' December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2013 JX35 FWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00105 and 55% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    HA, I usually go with the 39-month term. It really doesn't matter either way. It's more a matter of personal preference than anything. I personally will gladly take an extra $10 to $15 per month today and worry about possible charges down the road later. I've never had to buy new tires on a 39-month lease yet, but you never know. Plus one of them, my Saab 9-5, blew about ten tires during the course of the lease so that shouldn't count.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello jrod13. IFS' December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2013 JX35 AWD with 10,000 miles per year are .00126 and 59% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey m6user. I can think of two reasons.

1) Many manufacturers only offer lease support up to a certain length term, say 36, 39, or 42 months. Many automakers don't offer support on 48-month leases. I suppose in part because they don't want to take consumers out of the market for that long. They'd rather have you coming back to get one of their new vehicles every three years than every four.

2) Four years is a long time to be stuck in a vehicle. A lot can happen in one's life to cause them to need a different vehicle over the course of 48-months. You could need a bigger car because of a growing family, a smaller car because gas prices skyrocket, your commute could change causing you to go way over mileage, you could just get sick of the vehicle and want something else, etc...

That's my $0.02. I couldn't resist chiming in :).

Car_man
    Host
    Hi mistersc. Lease payments are based upon two pieces, interest and depreciation. New vehicles experience their most rapid depreciation during the first year of ownership. 39-month leases give lessees an additional three payments to spread out the large initial depreciation hit out over and thus are usually slightly cheaper than 36-month leases. Of course, this all can vary depending upon what the money factors are like.

Car_man
    Host
  • smbkrn2smbkrn2 Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2012
    Car_man,
    What would the money factor and residual value be for the AWD 15000 mi 39 month lease?
    Thank you
    Hi esjx35. Infiniti Financial Services' December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2013 JX35 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00126 and 57% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • alykaialykai Member Posts: 2
    I don't know if it included the acquisition fee, but they reduced my payment to $570 a month including the basic maintenance plan and a $200 service credit.

MF used was: .00136 and RV @ 59%
  • jwidman5jwidman5 Member Posts: 2
    We have never leased a vehicle before but are going to lease our next one. This is the price I was quoted and wondering if its a good deal or not.
    2013 Infiniti JX AWD MSRP 57,105
    savings 3,905
    adjusted sales price 53,200
    trade value 22,500
    trade difference 30,700
    trade balance 17,100 (5400 to the positive)
    tax 2,041.55
    doc fee 75
    license fee 630
    capitalized inception fee 936.16
    pride adjustment 5400
    total cap cost 48,736.16
    39 month 15,000 lease quoted $546.05 a month with $1251.05 due at delivery for 1st payment and registration fees
    Residual percentage 0.57 and money factor lease rate 0.00146
    I've waited it from November into December and haven't seen a price shift as I was hoping for. I'm ready to lease my car. Does anyone have a view if I wait 2 more weeks and hit the last week of december which is month end and year end for car dealers ?
  • bigkidforlifebigkidforlife Member Posts: 12
    we just purchased our JX AWD with premium, maple accents, driver assist, theater and a few extras (mud flaps, some door/trunk lighted accents) and we couldn't be happier with the vehicle (coming off of a 2010 X5 lease).

here is a quick summary of what we paid:
    - Savings ($4600 off of MSRP)
    - Lease (36mo, 12kmiles)
    - MF: 0.00126
    - Residual:60%
    - Payment: $606/mo with Taxes included (8.5%)

thx everyone in the edmunds community for sharing all of your experiences - they really help in negotiating the best deal.

for anyone on the fence - our experience w/the vehicle for the past 24hrs has only reinforced our decision to buy the JX vs the stale alternatives. The driver assist package is well worth it and the entire vehicle is easy to operate and drives great. We loved our X5 but are happiest yet w/the JX and how it was clearly built to suit a familys needs (translation - our car seat fits, there is plenty of legroom so no kids kicking the back of the seat and you can actually use the 3rd row).
  • samny1samny1 Member Posts: 125
    Nice deal jjansen, congrats on your new car. I am in White Plains, New York, where the tax is 8.375. So I know how difficult it is to get a low monthly with high taxes. I've also been quoted higher monthly numbers for a 36 month lease than a 39 month one, so your deal seems more impressive to me. If you leased in the NY area would you mind sharing where you got the deal.

Thanks,

Stephen
  • beachbums12beachbums12 Member Posts: 7
    Hi Car_man (and everyone else),

I stumbled across this forum today and am glad I did. We are preparing to purchase a 2013 JX35 AWD with MSRP $50,445 (Premium Package, Theater Package, Roof Rails and Illuminated Kick Plates). As of now, the dealer is offering the following:

1. Savings of only $1,750
    2. Money factor of .00173
    3. Residual of 59%

From what I've read here, it seems that the residual is about right, but I should be able to negotiate savings in the neighborhood of $4,000+, with MF of .00126. Do you agree, or has that become outdated over the last couple of days (seems unlikely)?

Anyone else been able to do better than this recently?

I've started talking to other dealers again who seem to be able to do much better.

Thanks!

BeachBums
    Deals are as good as they are going to get for 2013.
    Money factor is credit driven...if you haven't submitted an application to IFS, then any rate quoted is an estimation.

As for price...supply and demand in your area - some dealers are having problems keeping the JX in stock and in some they are not moving as fast. Anyone getting $4k off is basically getting it at invoice, so the dealer probably stinks and has trouble moving vehicles....

Residual is determined by two things...term and miles.
  • rick_r1rick_r1 Member Posts: 5
    Are there updated figures for 24 month x 12k leases? Also is there any such thing as a 10k lease, or is 12k the lowest mileage one can normally make a deal on?

thx