Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti JX Lease Questions

Comments

• cardude23cardude23 Member Posts: 4
    Here is the lease deal I was offered on a JX AWD, premium, theater, driver assistance, maple accents, illuminated kick plates:

MSRP - 53,055
    Sale price - 47,782
    money factor - .00126
    Residual - 57%

$0 down; 15,000 miles/year

payment - $639 (inclusive of taxes).

Is that a good deal?

Thanks.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Welcome BeachBums. The JX that you're interested in probably has a spread of around $3,900 or so between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. A $1,750 discount puts you at around $2,150 or so over invoice. I realize that this is a relatively new model, but I personally would want a larger discount than that if I was in an area that had a decent level of competition. There's enough really nice SUVs out there in this category that I couldn't see spending more for a JX than something comparable.

Also, the money factor that you were quoted looks high. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate for a 36-month lease of this truck is only .00124 for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

I think that you can do better than this. Try shopping around some more.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi rick_r1. Infiniti Financial Services' December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 JX35 AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00124 and 59% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • kidcrazeekidcrazee Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2013
    Car Man,

Can you tell me the lease rates for the infiniti jx at either 36, 39 months and 10, 12, or 15k miles? What's the money factor and residual? Does it matter if I buy FWD or AWD? Thank you!
    I'd be happy to help you out, kidcrazee. Infiniti Financial Services' January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 JX35 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00106 and 57% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease are .00108 and 56%.

The numbers for the FWD version are indeed different, .00083 / 55% and .00086 / 54%.

The residual values for a lease with 12,000 miles per year would be 1% higher. The 10k residuals would be 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • kidcrazeekidcrazee Member Posts: 2
    Thank you for the numbers!
    You're very welcome kidcrazee.

Car_man
    Host
  • apapeoapapeo Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car Man,

Infiniti quoted me $561 for a 39 month lease with $12k miles based on a MSRP of $51,445 and a negotiated price of $48,500 for a 2013 JX with the premium package. Based on your money factor and residual of .00108 and 56% respectively I get a payment fo $576, so this seems like a pretty good deal. Would you agree?
  • utefan1utefan1 Member Posts: 1
    Can you tell me what your drive off fees were and what state you're in. Thanks
  • mlevinemlevine Member Posts: 581
    Looks like a good deal. Your up front fees may include some cap cost reduction which will lower the payment from $576 to $561. As one of the other posts mentioned, let us know your drive off fees.
  • apapeoapapeo Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2013
    Thanks Mlevine. Turns out my company was part of their VPP program so I ended up getting the AWD with premium package, driver assist, illuminated kick plates, roof rails and remote start for $543 a month with $3,692 at drive off which was effectively 1st month, 1600 bank/doc/mv/lux tax/tire fees, and $1500 taxes.

Dealership also agreed to pay the buyout on my existing lease. Wouldn't say that was much of a deal for me though because my payoff lower than what the current would sell for.
    I test drove the JX AWD and loved the interior. They really did a nice job making it extremely comfortable and infiniti needed a SUV between the FX and QX56. This vehicle seems to be a winner for infiniti. Enjoy your JX and congratulations.
  • anilpunjabi1anilpunjabi1 Member Posts: 7
    I just got a fully loaded jx 35 msrp of 56.2k with a decided price of 51.2k with a 39 month lease 39k miles for 611 a month with 1500 due at signing with no down payment, we added the maintance package and brought it up to 640 a month

Are people getting below invoice?
  • ba81ba81 Member Posts: 7
    I got a jx 35 with premium package, 39 month lease with 12k miles and 3.5k downfor 465 a month. the final price was around 44k.
  • mochinymochiny Member Posts: 2
    Thank you car_man for posting the buy rate and residual for January. The dealer initially tried to slip in a rate of 0.00158 but went straight to 0.00108 after I told him that I am aware of the buy rate.

After putting down 9 security deposits (again thanks to your post making me aware that Infiniti offers such a program), the rate dropped to 0.00018. I am paying less than $14 a month in rent charge for a $50k car. Unbelievible.
  • frizzo1856frizzo1856 Member Posts: 2
    Does anyone happen to know the feb buy rate for jx at 15k miles 39 month lease? Thanks.
  • confused2013confused2013 Member Posts: 6
    I'm new to leasing and would love any insight you can give. Are all 9 security deposits refundable? Also, if I may ask, how much is a security deposit? Thanks in advance!
    That's great, mochiny. I'm glad that I was able to help you out. Enjoy your new ride!

Car_man
    Host
    Hi frizzo1856. Infiniti Financial Services' January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2013 JX 35 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00108 and 56% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • tomshaktomshak Member Posts: 1
    JX35 AWD with premium package

MSRP - 49,970
    Sale price - 46,182
    money factor - .00108
    Residual - 58%
    12,000 miles/year
    39 month lease

$1800 down; Sales tax+first month

payment - $549 (taxes paid up front)

thanks everyone for their contributions to the forum. i feel at peace with this deal.
  • maxwell73maxwell73 Member Posts: 1
    We're negotiating a JX with Premium Package. The dealer's numbers aren't adding up compared to our calculations. Any thoughts on the offer below?

MSRP = $48,710
    Sale Price = $47,170
    39 months
    12,000 miles
    Residual Value: 58%
    Money Factor: .000108

$1600 due at signing + $3000 down

=$568/month + tax

THANKS for any help!
  • mochinymochiny Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2013
    All 9 security deposits are refundable. Each security deposit is one monthly payment rounded up to the next $50.

A lease consists of 3 components - depreciation, rent charge, and taxes. There is nothing much you can do on depreciation because the residual value is set by the manufacturer. You try to negotiate the best selling price on the car (which is what you should be doing anyways) and that's about all you can do. There is nothing you can do on taxes either.

The usual disadvantage in a lease vs. buy is in the rent charge. The rent charge is calculated by (selling price + residual) x money factor. Let's say your JX has MSRP of $51000 and you negotiated $46000. If you buy you would be financing $46000. If you lease you would be financing close to $76000, based on $46000 + residual of around $30000. That rent charge adds up quite significantly over the term of the lease.

Infiniti's multiple security deposit program allows you to buy down the lease money factor. Each security deposit reduces money factor by 0.0001 and you can do 9. In contrast, other manufacturers have less generous multiple security deposit programs - each payment reduces the money factor by the lesser amount, and you can do less security deposits.

Looking at the JX lease, with 9 security deposits, you can reduce the money factor from 0.00108 to 0.00018. That is pretty amazing as it reduces the interest rate on the rent charge to almost zero (0.43% to be exact)! It's almost as if Infiniti is giving you zero percent interest rate to lease their car.
  • confused2013confused2013 Member Posts: 6
    This is so helpful, thank you!!!
  • insidecarbuyinsidecarbuy Member Posts: 95
    Hey Maxwell73 -
    You can do much better than this... the residual and money factor are correct but I lost you at the $1,600 due at signing + $3,000 and then a monthly payment of $568 plus tax. What city and state are you using for taxes? Without any additional incentives like USAA or working for an affiliate company you should be looking for $4,500 off MSRP. I just helped someone on a similar car and here is the exact deal based on Westchester County taxes in NY.

I suggest just putting the first month, bank fee and DMV out of pocket. No cap cost reduction and taxes in the monthly payment in case the car gets totaled or stolen. See the breakdown below...

Please take note that there is no $3,000 down and total due at signing is $1,628.20. Also the monthly payment of $530.70 includes the taxes. It's probably about a $4,400 in savings compared to what you are being offered.

CUSTOMER DISCLOSURE
    Customer Name: Inside Car Buying LLC WD Deal ID: 815
    Sale Vehicle: New 2013 INFINITI JX35 AWD 84213 4dr Wgn w/AC , Automatic , Odom: 0

Payment Details
    Term 39
    Base Payment 530.70
    Total Payment 530.70
    Purchase Option 28,551.80
    MSRP 48,710.00
    Est. Miles Per Year 12,000
    Disposition Fee 395.00
    Excess Mileage Charge 0.25

Amount Due at Signing

1st Month Payment 530.70
    Acquisition Fee 700.00
    Fees & Insurance 397.50
    Total Inception Fees 1,628.20

Total Cash Required on Delivery 1,628.20

Tax Information
    Customer State: New York Customer County: WESTCHESTER
    Type Amount Rate Paid
    Cashdown Tax 57.16 7.3750 Capped
    Upfront Tax 1,521.70 7.3750 Capped

Fee Information
    Description Amount Paid
    Reg 300.00 Upfront
    Insp 10.00 Upfront
    Title 12.50 Upfront
    DocFee 75.00 Upfront
  • lease_newbielease_newbie Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2013
    Looking to lease JX - pretty much fully loaded.

I have seen mention of the security deposits to buy down the money factor.

a couple of questions here.

1. Would the "security deposits" being one payment (rounded to the nearest 50) be based on the buy rate money factor or the money factor after the buy down?
    2. They are refundable? is this written into the lease and i assume retuned at the end of the lease.

also in general "Cap cost" is final negotitaed price correct? before taxes, dmv etc.

thanks
  • bfox2718bfox2718 Member Posts: 10
    Thanks... this has been helpful for me too. Im getting initial numbers from dealers in Miami and Ft Lauderdale, and they are of course higher than I like to start with.

What is the USAA promo that you mention? I am a USAA member.
  • manleemanlee Member Posts: 3
    Hi, I went to Infiniti today and they gave me a deal on a lease.
    This is my first time leasing a car so I don't know if it is a good deal.
    They don't try to give me the actualy price of the vehicle.

Premium Package, Tow Package, AWD, Maple Accents, Cargo Package... etc.
    MSRP: ~$51,000
    Selling price: ~$48,600
    No Down
    1st month payment: $1000
    Monthly Payment: $598 for 39 months
    10,000 miles
    They are also offering free mechanical services for 3 years.

Is this a good deal?
    If not, what could make it better?
  • jmc0929jmc0929 Member Posts: 1
    Manlee, I was quoted $580 for 39 on a fully loaded (premium, Theatre, Tech and touring) jx35 in NY.
  • jgoodjgood Member Posts: 4
    Hi car_man,
    Thanks for all the great info.
    Do you have the money factor / residual for a 18k mi 39 mo lease on a jx awd premium?
    Thx.
    The packages I am interested in are premium, tow, maple accents, roof rails, splash guards, cargo, and AWD.
    In total the MSRP is $50,650
    I am trying to lease it but the price $48,155.
    That would mean that they discounted $2,495.
    58%
    First month payment is $1000(including tax, bank fee, documentation, etc)
    No down.
    12k miles
    Every month would be $608 for 38 months
    Is there a way I can make a better deal?
    Figure out the invoice on this car. There may be $1,000 cash incentive available(unsure if its for leasing or buying). If available for leasing take this off invoice price and work your way up from this price for your cap cost. I would also contact more dealers via internet. See what inventory is available and has the options you want.
    Thank you for your reply.
    Where was the place you got your quote?
    And who helped you?
  • jgoodjgood Member Posts: 4
    Quote for a jx awd, premium, theater, rails/cross bars, cargo 18K mi/year, zero down is:

Cost on the lease is $48,476.00 on an MSRP of $51,73500. The residuel is 56% = $27,996.70 adjusted for the 18000 miles, and the money factor is .00108. Due at signing $2400, monthly 660 (includes NJ taxes 7%). Dealer said he could probably go lower in person (this was over email).

Plugging into edmunds lease calculator I get $732/mo, so are the calculations wrong or is this just a very good deal?
  • bill398bill398 Member Posts: 1
    I received the following quote but feel it is on the high side when I compare it to other offers on these forums.
    This is for a completely loaded JX AWD with all packages and other addons.

MSRP $58,500
    Sales price $54,500
    Money factor 0.00108
    Residual 56%
    15K miles per year
    39 months
    Monthly $694
    $1670 due at signing.

Comments?
  • maverick2coolmaverick2cool Member Posts: 23
    edited February 2013
    Hi Car_man and fellow car buyers,

Today I received following offer for 2013 JX35 AWD with following features.

MSRP: $53,230
    Term: 39 Months
    Miles: 12K
    Money Factor: 0.00108 (initially quoted 0.00158. After I mentioned about edmunds forum it came down to 0.00108 right away. Thank you!)
    Residual: 58%

Sale Price: (I got VPP offer through my employee) : $49,273
    Doc fee: $500
    Monthly Payment: $628 (including tax which is 9.89% in WA).

Drive off: 1st month payment + doc fee = 1128.
    No down or no security deposit.

Specs:
    Black Obsidian
    Graphite Leather / Maple Interior Accents
    Premium Package
    Theater Package
    Driver Assistance Package

Splash Guards (4-piece set)
    Stainless Steel Illuminated Kick Plates
    Roof Rails

Dealer is ready to throw in Carpeted Floor Mats and All-season Floor Mats.

I am asking for following if possible in same price when I go tomorrow.

Cargo Package
    Interior Accent Lighting
    Stainless Steel Rear Bumper Protector

What do you guys think? Is this good deal?

Any pointers will be appreciated.

Thank You!
    Mav
    hi Anilpunjabi1

Did you make the deal?

Which state if I may ask?

Thanks!
    Mav
    Hi all,

I went to other dealer today i got following..

I am getting 2013 JX with Touring, Technology, Theater and Premium package, Black with Graphite Leather and 10k miles/year with following..

MSRP: $56.8K
    Negotiated Price: $52,5K (VPP Program)
    59% residual

Delaer didn't tell me Money factor, but based on numbers he game me I calculated that to be 0.00145. I think this is high. I know i will qualify for top tier.

First month payment $650 (tax included)

$2500 at signing (1st month, fees, 1400 down payment and tax)

Dealer is willing to add some accessories..

How is this deal?
  • paperboycccpaperboyccc Member Posts: 93
    If you are not getting the lowest money factor than it's a terrible deal. Don't put anything down on a lease either.
    Hi paperboyccc,

is 0.00108 is the lowest money factor? By putting $1400 my lease payment is $42 less.

What do you say don't put anything down on a lease?

Thank you in advance!
    Sachin
  • cpyle77cpyle77 Member Posts: 22
    Does your VPP claim number start with a "D"? If so, then it falls under "business associate" and they are supposed to sell it for invoice. The dealership is then paid a nice $1,500 kickback from Infiniti for doing the deal. This is why they need your business card or badge as proof. If it starts with an "A", then it falls under the direct factory or corporate workers program and your VPP price is $1,250 under invoice (plus any incentives) and the dealership receives $1,750 instead of $1,500. I guess they only get to make $500 on employees lol Most good dealers these days will openly disclose this, since it's listed on the of the actual VPP claim form that you will need to sign when you are doing all the final paperwork. One other thing I would suggest looking into if you are leasing, is a program called "MSD's" or "multiple security deposits" as an option. It can save you a few thousand bucks in interest, just for letting IFS hang on to some of your money during the lease. If anything happens (like the JX get's totaled) you get all that money back vs putting money down on a lease, which would all be lost. Hope that helps and good luck!
    cpyle77 had some good advice. Down payments on a lease are bad for a few reasons:
    - They allow the dealer to meet your criteria without budging (i.e. I want this car for this payment) - they make you put more money down
    - If your vehicle is totaled in an accident you lose your whole down payment
    - You don't get the money back and you have to put it down over and over again every time you lease a new vehicle.
    - It makes it harder to compare lease deals from multiple dealers or multiple vehicle options. If you structure every deal as no money down (just first month's payment and registration fees) you have an easier time comparing apples to apples

Instead, look at the multiple security deposit program. You save a lot on your monthly payment but you get the money back at the end of your lease and can use it again for MSDs on your next lease.

I'm not sure what the buy rate for the money factor is. If it's not posted on this thread, one way to find out is to get quotes over the internet from multiple dealers (something you should be doing already)
    Hi cpyle77,

thank you for your response and detailed information on VPP program. I am not trying to be greedy but do i still have more negotiation room, say sell price below invoice? If i don't then I guess i am ok with the selling price but I would like to score some accessories if i can.

Thanks!
    Mav
    Hi cpyle77 and paperboyccc,

Thank you for your reply. Yes my VPP program does start with letter "D". I trying to get kick plates and cargo package also in same deal. Sales person told me if i get this deal done he will personally will see I will get something more.

Do Infinity lease program have any free maintenance package/offer?

Thank again!
    Mav
  • hash2hash2 Member Posts: 32
    What is the holdback on Infiniti's these days? I have seen 1.5% off Base MSRP on edmunds and I have also seen a 2% of actual MSRP elsewhere. Also when negotiating the price of this car, what should be the starting point i.e. Invoice minus incentives minus holdback plus couple hundred dealer profit?
    I am seeing several people on this forum getting offers below invoice even though there is no incentives out there right now on leasing. Is that because dealers are splitting a portion of the holdback or is there something else out there that I am missing?

Also the current $1000 incentive is just on purchase and not on lease right?
    Infiniti has a prepaid maintenance program. It can be "free" if the dealer claims that some of the discount on the vehicle covers the cost.
  • jxfan2013jxfan2013 Member Posts: 14
    Got it done.

Fully loaded AWD JX35..all packages..MSRP around 56K

39 months / 12K
    572/month including 6.5% tax
    no down
    9 MSDs

great dealership and very good guys to work with.
  • benzc3004mbenzc3004m Member Posts: 3
    Hey congrats. How much due at signing?
  • jxfan2013jxfan2013 Member Posts: 14
    Due around 5400 (Security Deposit, 9 payments) + first payment + $24x.xx (fees)
  • pmw0801pmw0801 Member Posts: 1
    Went to a dealership today to got a quote on a lease for 2013 infiniti jx35. Can anyone tell me if this is a good deal?
    Infiniti JX35 with premium, theater and deluxe packages. Just taxes, fees, registration out of pocket, probably about $2,000 and 579/month. Good deal or they can do better? MSRP is $51,xxx
    Good deal or they can do better? What if I added the driver assist package how much should my monthly payment be? I just want to put the minimum down. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!!!
  • bfox2718bfox2718 Member Posts: 10
    Any feedback on this quote?

I already am seeing a better price from USAA, but wanted some feedback please! There does not seem to be much on this board with 15k miles.

JX FWD with Premium

MSRP = $47,050
    Sale Price = $44,851
    39 months 
    15,000 miles 
    Residual Value: 54% 25,407
    Money Factor: .00086
    Payment:$592.54
    Cash due on Delivery $2,436.73