Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti JX Lease Questions

Comments

• ch_car_shopperch_car_shopper Member Posts: 5
    Thanks cpyle77! With a little persistence I was able to get a great deal on a 2013 JX w/ Premium, Driver Assist and illuminated kick plates. The total sale price was $45,425 on a $47,214 invoice with an MSRP of $51,100. I am a VPP "D" but they did much better than $500 below invoice. Did a lease at 60% residual and MF of .00121. Very pleased and appreciate your insight and wisdom!
  • lasplagaslasplagas Member Posts: 3
    I am also looking at the Premium+driver assist but not a lot of dealer in socal carries it. would you mind sharing which dealer this is?
    It's also AWD and I got it from Glendale Infiniti. Talk to Sepan in Internet Sales.
  • sdap9sdap9 Member Posts: 4
    Got a quote for JX35 with Premium, theater, drivers assistance pack, roof rails and illuminated kick plates.

MSRP - 54,040
    Negotiated - 49,020
    Residual - 58%
    MF - 0.00121
    Term - 39
    Mi - 15k/yr
    Down payment via trade - 4000
    Total - 528.11 incl tax @7%

Please let me know if this is a good deal or i can do better.
  • jx5gajx5ga Member Posts: 10
    Folks - This is going to be my first lease but I have soaked up nuggets of invaluable info on this site. Here are my questions at this time :
    1 - For April the 2013 residual is approx 60%, I assume the residual value will only fall further when the May rates are published - hence making it just a little costlier to lease. Would this hypothesis generally hold for leasing - hence it is better to lease earlier in the model year than later?
    2 - How would I know if the dealer is using the buy rate for my MF - just ask ?
    3 - I am thinking of holding out until May (end) to lease - in the hopes of taking advantage of Memorial day sale events. Does this make sense or not matter?

I am a type 'D' VPP buyer and the dealer has agreed on invoice less $1250. Has anyone heard / received better pricing in GA / Atlanta area?

Thanks guys..
  • xxxedysxxxedys Member Posts: 3
    I have VPP D plan and I got the following quote from the dealer on a 39 months lease.
    Base model with bumper protector and illuminated kick plates.

MSRP: $42,755
    Offered Price: $39,864 (invoice price)
    Acquistion Fee: $700
    Residual: $25,225
    Depreciation: $11,630
    Rent: $3,607

The dealer said that with VPP D plan the best they can give me is the invoice price.
    Is this a good deal? Has anyone been able to get the lease below the invoice price with VPP D plan? Thanks.
    Xxxedys, check the VPP site online. I believe it's $500 below invoice for D but I was able to do about $1,500 below in Southern California.
  • cpyle77cpyle77 Member Posts: 22
    Lease programs are adjusted as the year goes on, however the payments are kept the same or close to the same, using a couple standard tricks of the trade. The most common thing to do as the residual drops, is to lower the money factor accordingly. If the money factor is too low to change, some sort of lease cash is introduced to offset further decreases in residual, or just to improve the deal.

With Infiniti, the Spring "Limited Engagement Event" runs during April and May, meaning I doubt May will bring any substantial savings. The good news is, it won't get any worse either.

Availability may be a concern soon, since the model year is winding down and the 2014's will no doubt be higher to reset the trend all over again.

Hope that helps!
    Congratulations! Happy to hear things worked out for you. Maybe one day buying a new car will be as simple and straight forward as the other purchases we make in life...Until then, the more people that are educated and openly share this type of info the better. Glad I could help!
    The "D" plan program states dead invoice as the sale price for all eligible models, then you get to subtract any incentive money from that (depends on the program and model). The reason some dealers will go below this, has to do with the $1,500 kick back ($1,250 for the G37 and EX classes) from Infiniti for doing an employee deal in the first place. Otherwise some dealers would complain that they can't afford to sell that cheap and not participate at all. The funny thing however, is some dealers look at this like added incentive money to help them make a more aggressive offer. All depends on how hot the product is, or basic supply and demand. "A" plan is reserved for actual employees of Infiniti and Nissan and the sale price is a set $1,250 under invoice, with dealers getting $1,750 back across the board. Glad your local dealer "hooked you up" ;)
    Billybug1 - I am thinking of leveraging a couple of MSDs to lower the payment as well. I have a few questions though :

- I see you paid 599x9 for your MSD. How does the dealership arrive at the $599 (or $5390) sec dep amount?
    - I assume, all amounts put towards MSD are refundable at the time of return or is treated as equity in case of lease buy-out.
    - Did you prefer to use MSD instead of $0 down or was your deal structured as $0 down sign'n'drive?

Thanks..
    Is there a way for the buyer / lessee to find out what is the best available MF being offered by Infiniti - say for excellent credit? That'll be super helpful in determining how competitive the dealer's offer is.
    It's a very simple formula. MSD's are just calculated using the base payment (before use tax, like in PA, New York, or Delaware for example) then rounded up to the nearest $50. In a state with no use tax, (where tax is paid in 1 lump sum instead of monthly) $499 would be rounded up to $500, $501 would also be rounded up to $550 and so on. The customer stating $599 x 9 would be rounded to $600, then multiply by 9 ($5,400 total). You can use anywhere between 2 and 9 MSD's and each one should lower your payment $8-$9 per month at this price point. It's completely safe and you are refunded 100% of the money regardless of your choice to purchase or return the vehicle.

I've said this before, but the program is so good I can't believe they even offer it. What I would love to figure out, is what exactly IFS get's out of it and how can their ROI justify this type of incentive program. Regardless, until they change it, I am definitely a fan.
    Sometimes they are posted on various sites, but for most Infiniti dealers, they can fax or email you a copy of posted Tier 1 and 0 money factors.

For the JX35 AWD in the month of April, the mony factors are:

.00097-24 months. (66%)
    .00104-36 months. (58%)
    .00121-39 months. (58%)

All are standard 15,000 mile per year residuals, with 2% being added for 12K, 3% for 10k.

Hope that helps.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Welcome jx5ga. Since you are new to leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles on the subject that are available here at Edmunds.com: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

While Infiniti's current lease program is only scheduled to run through the end of the month and vehicles' residual values do generally fall as the model year progresses (great observation BTW) that does not necessarily mean that the JX will become more expensive to lease in May. Manufacturers usually have a target payment that they are trying to hit with a particular vehicle. If the residual values fall making it more expensive, they can always lower the money factor enough to maintain the same monthly payment. While it's difficult to predict what automakers will do with their future programs, I suspect that is what would happen if the JX's residual values fell next month.

$1,250 under invoice is an excellent selling price for this truck, but I'm sure that you suspected that given the fact that you are going through the VPP plan.

Ask the dealer if they are using the buy rate that you have seen here to calculate your payment.

I personally don't think that there's any harm in waiting until May to lease, but again it's difficult to predict what automakers will do with their future programs.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • shells2shells2 Member Posts: 2
    I was wondering if anyone could tell me which payment the MSD is calculated off of. I was under the assumption it is off of the monthly payment due but my dealer is telling me it is based on the monthly payment that would have been due prior to the MSD discount on the interest rate. Any insight appreciated
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the Security Deposit is based on the monthly payment, prior to applying the reduction in money factor, rounded up to the next $50.

The good news is, at least you still get the extra money back at the end!
  • hash2hash2 Member Posts: 32
    Think it is after applying the MSD discount.

My JX payment before and after MSD (including taxes) were 450.12 & 524.xx. I was asked to pay 500*9 not 550*9. I got the car last month.

Had similar scenario with BMW i got last year.

Read the 1st post in the link below. It is for BMW but infiniti uses same formula except that you can do 9 and each MSD gets you slightly bigger discount on each MSD - 0.0001 vs 0.00007.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-221741.html

I screwed up a bit when i did my JX deal as I could have paid 10 bucks towards cap cost reduction to bring my monthly payment to just below 450 from 450.12 and would have had a 450*9 payment instead of 500*9. I thought about it but the dealer bs'ed to me (he said MSD is fixed at 500 for JX) which i didnt believe but didnt care too much.
  • cecegceceg Member Posts: 2
    I qualify for VPP pricing through my employer. Dealer is quoting the following:

MSRP: $51,790 ( FWD, premium, theatre & deluxe with roof rails)
    Invoice: $48,693
    Incentives: $1,500
    Price before TTL: $47,193

This would be my 1st VPP purchase, does this seem like a good deal? Would I be able to negotiate more? Or negotiate all weather mats, etc? Also, am I leaving anything on the table by using the VPP and not negotiating myself?

Thanks for all your feedback!
    The only way that could be possible with Infiniti is if you live in a state that charges "use tax" on the monthly payment (like in NY or PA), as opposed to the previous question from a NJ buyer, which does not tax leases this way. Plus I have a copy of the program in front of me, so I am cheating here ;). It says in order to calculate the amount of each Security deposit, use the base payment (before any state use tax) then round up to the next $50 increment. Not after the rate reduction. To his point, he could have put down $10 bucks and $450 less would have been needed. Look on the bright side, the money isn't lost and you will get a bigger chunk back at the end!
  • harlizabellaharlizabella Member Posts: 4
    This is the exact deal I want. A friend of mine runs a Porsche dealership and he hooked me up with the owner of an Infinity dealership in Atlanta. I was thinking about buying but this lease deal is exactly what I need. He said he would give me the friends and family rate which I assume is VPP. I haven't inquired for a price yet, was still researching. Think I can get this deal here in Georgia? Thanks so much in advance. I've learned a lot. I've only leased once.
  • sashoppersashopper Member Posts: 1
    Currently working this deal and would appreciate any thoughts or feedback.

2013 JX35 with premium, theatre, deluxe touring and technology packages

MSRP $56,630
    Sale Price $50,915
    39 months
    12k/year
    58% residual
    $604 monthly payment
    $3400 at signing including first month lease payment

Cheers!
  • dduranjrdduranjr Member Posts: 6
    Hi All,

Any thoughts as to this deal? Please let me know your thoughts, as I am looking to move on this quickly.

Negotiated price for the JX35 AWD - $49,946.16
    Money Factor on the lease - .00140
    Residual percentage – 61%
    Payment terms including down payment –
    36 month lease @ 10K miles per year.
    $557 + Tax = $591 per month.
    4k down from trade. $2,500 cash back from trade equity.
    Residual = $31,289.95
    I inked the following Jx35 lease on a vpp 'd' rate earlier today.

MSRP - $47940
    Invoice 44520
    MF - .00099
    Residual - 58%
    Term - 39 months
    MSD - 9x$450
    Pre-MSD payment : $500 per month

With VPP, the dealer came down to invoice and then provided additional discounts so my cap cost my approx$41-42k. I am still curious about Infiniti's MSD program. Essentially, with each deposit of $450, my MF came down by .00010. I paid for 9 MSDs and my monthly payment came down to $434 per month.

Simple arithmetic tells me :
    Monthly saving is 500-434 = $66 or $2574 over 39 months
    Refundable security deposit = $4050
    At the end of 39 months I get my money back and essentially I get paid $2574 for giving it to them for 39 months...which is a 63.5% return (2574/4050). That sounds insane and something that good is usually too good to be true :)

What am I missing here, where can they eventually stick it to me? I cannot imagine Infiniti offering such benefits without caveats. I plan to buy out the lease / sell the vehicle in 24-28months.
  • hollyinflhollyinfl Member Posts: 5
    I'm considering a JX FWD, with Driver Asst. Package and Premium Package. Add a couple of small accessories and the MSRP looks to be $50,470.

Can anyone provide the MF and residuals for May for both a 12K/yr and 15K/yr, 36-mo lease?

Will there be any incentives?

Thanks!
  • millymanmillyman Member Posts: 8
    Dear sashopper,

1. What is the money factor or interest rate? This is very important. Infiniti rates for APRIL (MAY not out, yet) is 0.00104, which equates to 2.5% interest, which is not bad.

2. Based on your numbers and this money factor, AND a 36 month lease (I don't have 39 mo numbers), I'm getting roughly $589 without tax. This is also with just tax, title and license for drive off.

3. What incentives are in this deal? Currently there's $1,500 to be had…

Your payment is not bad, but the drive off fee is ridiculous!
  • car104car104 Member Posts: 3
    Have been negotiating on a JX lease; when mentioning my plan of paying multiple MSDs they said "If your credit qualifies for tier 1 or tier 0, no security deposits will be accepted. Those rates are already reduced, so they won't go any lower with deposits." They even "confirmed with IFS that this is the case." This seems contrary to what everyone has been posting. Has anyone else ran into this issue or is this dealer not telling the truth?

Also, anyone know the new may residuals and MFs? Specifically 36month term and 10k/yr.

Thanks
    Got my JX AWD for the wife. Fully loaded. I was able to get the Top Tier Credit. Georgia kills you with an Ad Valorum Tax that gets lumped up front. I paid off my MSDs and am paying $600 dollars a month for a 39month, 15k mile lease. The car is awesome.
  • givebackgiveback Member Posts: 20
    Leased a $54k new JX AWD with premium, theatre, assistance package and some small accessories.

$439 a month for 39 months including tax. Zero down and no trade-in. Used 9 MSDs. Very happy with the car and the price. Spent three days negotiating with multiple dealers.

Really appreciate the info I got from this forum.
    Wow crazy deal. What's the mileage per year? Enjoy btw. My wife is so happy.
  • chrisnychrisny Member Posts: 27
    That is true, you must have a perfect credit rating to be approved for that program...good luck
    Hi hollyinfl. Infiniti Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 JX35 FWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00078 and 57% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

There isn't any specific cash incentives on leases of the JX in May, but Infiniti is providing some $500 dealer cash certificates on it that you may be able to convince the dealer to use on your deal.

Car_man
    Host
  • jems10jems10 Member Posts: 6
    Wow...you really did get a great deal! Would you mind telling me what state and dealer you got your car? I'm in NJ, and after a very brief visit to a dealer today, they were at about $680 (without MSD's) for a similarly equipped vehicle with 12,000 miles per year. Tax in NJ is 7%. It also looks like Infiniti is offering $1000 to the dealer which they were not doing when you leased your car. Thanks for your help, and I'm glad you are enjoying it.
  • jems10jems10 Member Posts: 6
    Hi,
    I don't blame you for being happy about the price! I just posted to another member who seemed to have gotten a great deal as well. I hope you wouldn't mind sharing with me the name of the dealer where you got the car. I'm in NJ, and was quoted roughly $680 tax included, (with no MSD's) for a JX with Premium, Theater,Deluxe Touring and Tech 12,000 miles per year. Your assistance would be appreciated.
  • lonestar98lonestar98 Member Posts: 48
    Hello,
    Looking at a loaded JX AWD in California. Need some MF info. Low mileage, 10K/yr. Either 36 or 39 months or even 48 months? Could you let me know what the MF rates are for 36 and 39 and 48 if they offer that? Many thanks!
    Hi lonestar98. Infiniti Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residua value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 JX35 AWD with 10,000 miles per year are .00103 and 61% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for 39 and 48 month leases of this vehicle are .00104 / 60% and .00116 / 50%.

Car_man
    Host
  • bad108bad108 Member Posts: 1
    just picked up a jx35 in Houston, TX. $53k sticker (Premium, assist, theater and all the rip-off accessories incl tint lol)

39 month lease with 12k miles a year. I prepaid the entire lease and it was $21k for everything including all fees, taxes etc...

No idea if that was good or not, but the residual value they showed seems about $3-4k higher than I would have thought.
    Hi All,

Any thoughts as to this deal?

Negotiated price for the JX35 AWD - $49,946.16
    Money Factor on the lease - .00140
    Residual percentage – 61%
    Payment terms including down payment –
    39 month lease 10K miles per year.
    $566 including tax (8.1%) per month.
    4k down from trade. $2,500 cash back from trade equity.
    Residual = $31,289.95

Looking at other deals here, it seems it may serve me well to do the MSD payments, as opposed to the straight downpayment.

Any insight?
    I think for sure you can get a better deal than that. MSDs are the way to go IMO. My dealer tried to discourage me, yet wanted me to put money down.. Makes zero sense. Why not see what the MSDs will get you to..also make sure your starting out with the car at the right price.
    thanks. I'm going to circle back with him and see what we can do.
    edited May 2013
    Can some take a look at this link with the offer sheet and let me know how it looks?

Thank you!
    offer sheet
    Had them revise it to 39 months.

Please look at image and let me know thoughts.link title
  • oldbaldeagleoldbaldeagle Member Posts: 1
    I am trading in my G37x mid lease to get a J35X because we need the space.

Deal parameters I am getting are as folllows-

The car- http://www.passportinfiniti.com/new/Infiniti/2013-Infiniti-JX35-Alexandria-VA-4a- aae10b0a0a00de00a167480d18a593.htm

Purchase Price of $44,000
    MF .00121
    Residual .61
    $500 down.
    Payment comes out to $595.
    I have a little negative equity in my car, so that is skewing things a little. Any insight or suggestions would be appreciated.
    Money factor is high. You can get .00104 with top tier credit.

Not knowing any details of the negative equity, seems to be an ok price based upon initial MSRP. IS it for 36 months, or 39 months?
  • snow26snow26 Member Posts: 24
    Hi Carman.

I am looking for the rates on a 36 or 39 month lease, 15K miles per year in NY. Also, this model is changing to the J60 for 2014. Is there any factory to dealer cash and/or dealer to customer cash available now? Conquest cash? Thanks.
  • hagen2142hagen2142 Member Posts: 6
    Hello,

Just leased a JX AWD pretty much fully loaded. It had all of the packages plus a few other options. Although I think I got a pretty decent deal the dealer kind of backed into the numbers after some negotiation so I am hoping I didn't miss anything. He basically made the monthly payment the payment amount without sales tax even though I was not charged sales tax up front. I know this because when I plug in all the numbers he gave me to my lease spreadsheet the $544.25 payment is the amount it calculates before sales tax and it is the the penny.

MSRP - $57,385
    Invoice - $52,714

Payment $544.25 a month including NJ sales tax at 7%. 39 month lease 10k miles a year.

At signing I paid $2,300 which included

544.25 1st months payment
    400.39 Registration fees
    299.00 Doc Fees
    7.50 Tire Fee
    49.00 Acq Fee Tax
    215.18 NJ Luxury tax at .4%
    20.93 Tax Doc
    Plus I don't know what the other $62.75 is to get to the $2,300.

Any thoughts?
  • thebordcuthebordcu Member Posts: 8
    edited May 2013
    Hi - Please let me know if you think this is a good deal for the JX35

JX35 AWD with Premium

MSRP - 49,420
    Net Cap - 44,200
    39 months, 12K yr
    $4843.87 due at signing (of which 4050 is refundable MSD)
    50% residual
    Money Factor (.0014) reduced for each MSD to .00014)

Monthly payment: $418 (includes 9% PA tax and Gap)
  • thebordcuthebordcu Member Posts: 8
    Residual is 60%
  • oltex1oltex1 Member Posts: 2
    Can someone firm MF and Res for 39 mo./12k....for both FWD and AWD?

I'm in North TX looking at the following:

AWD, MF .00146, Res 60%, (or 9 MSDs taking it down to .00056)...Does that seem strong or is there more room here?

FWD, MF .00120, Res 58% (or 9 MSDs taking it down to .00041)...thoughts here?

thanks
  • npurvisnpurvis Member Posts: 13
    Car_Man -

I also need the June MF and residuals for AWD and FWD for 39 mo lease with 12K miles a year. The JX with Premium only. Thanks!!