Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti JX Lease Questions

kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,123
Ask your JX lease questions here!

Edmunds Price Checker
Edmunds Lease Calculator
Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Comments

• fawltytowers44fawltytowers44 Member Posts: 58
    Thank you

Could you tell me what the money factor and residuals are for the JX35 AWD? The JX site shows an MSRP of $51,000 the way I want it configured.

Thanks again
  • dallasmandallasman Member Posts: 77
    On a 36 mos lease, 15k/year and top tier credit, please advise of money factor and residual. Thanks!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    I certainly can, fawltytowers44. The program just came out. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 JX35 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00157 and 60%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hey dallasman. Please see my previous post for the information that you're looking for.

Good luck in your quest for a new JX and make sure to stop back to let us all know how everything turns out.

Car_man
    Host
  • nyweathernyweather Member Posts: 2
    Does anyone know MF and residual on a 36 and 39 month lease with 10K and 12K miles, top tier credit?

Thanks.
  • sajr4sajr4 Member Posts: 5
    Was able to see & test drive car this weekend in Long Island, NY. Really nice car. Received following quote:

AWD w/premium package
    36 months with 12,000 miles
    MSRP 48,720
    $3,270 down (includes 1st mth payment)
    $619/mth

Was told money factor .00157 and residual 62%

Does seem right? Is this is decent deal?

Thanks for your help.
  • mich2006mich2006 Member Posts: 20
    Hello,
    Does anybody know the lease MF and residual on a 36 and 39 month lease with 15K for JX35 AWD for april?

Thank you
  • lookingforjxlookingforjx Member Posts: 2
    Can you please post the current money factor and residual on a new Infiniti JX with 12K per year on 36 month lease. I am putting down only first month payment and nothing else and dealer is offering me on a 54800 MSRP vehicle for 50418 which is VPP pricing. Dealer is quoting .00177 money factor and 62% Residual on MSRP which I thought should be on Cap cost (selling price) if I am right. Can you please let me know what you think ?
    Here you go mich2006. Infiniti Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 JX35 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00157 and 60%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease are .00162 and 59%.

Car_man
    Host
    Sure lookingforjx...you certainly have an appropriate username :).

Infiniti Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 JX35 AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00157 and 61%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The VPP pricing looks good, but the money factor that you were quoted is slightly high. Make sure that the dealer uses the buy rate money factor to calculate your payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • evanston46evanston46 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Everyone,
    I'm really confused about lease numbers my dealer is giving me. The total MSRP with destination is 55475...for 39mo lease the RV is 59% and MF is .00162...He's telling me that with 2K down, my payments are 791.47. When I use online calculators, I'm getting way below that. I do live in Maryland, so tax laws are a bit different, but can the dealer still be lying about numbers and twisting this somehow in his favor? I can't imagine he'd try to convince me 1+1=3
  • lookingforjxlookingforjx Member Posts: 2
    Thank you Carman for the info and I ended up taking delivery of JX AWD with only first payment of 690 and remaining 35 payments on a 12k/yr lease for a vehicle with MSRP 54800. TTL and destination were rolled into the payments but dealer wasn't willing to bring down the residual value less than 62%. Do you think I did well or could have bargained more, please let me know your thoughts.
    You're very welcome lookingforjx. Why would you want a lower residual value? The higher your vehicle's residual value is, the lower its monthly payment will be. When it comes to leasing, the higher the residual the better.

Do you happen to know what this vehicle's selling price was? It would make it easier to evaluate your deal. If not, I can probably play with the numbers and back into it if you tell me the pre-tax payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • fflintfflint Member Posts: 1
    Mr. C,

Dealer in South Florida just quoted me a MF of .00151 and residual of 57% for 39 month and 15K. Can dealers change the MF or are they changing numbers somewhere else? Cap Cost of 49889 and down of 2500 get's me at 596.78 incl. Tax using .00162 and 59%, dealer numbers show 671.70 + tax.

What Gives Mr. Car_man?
  • hkhunterhkhunter Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2012
    I went to my local dealer last Saturday and test drove the JX35 AWD w/ Premium, Theatre, Deluxe Touring & Technology Package. I love the car!!!

Well they don't have the same car with the roof-rail and cross-bar with the same option so I have to wait about a month.

Anyway, this is the offer I got and I would like to know if this is a good offer. (this is my first time leasing a car)

JX35 AWD
    w/ Premium Package/Theater, Deluxe Touring, Technology Package
    Roof-Rail and Crossbar
    10K/yr
    $2500 down (including 1st month payment) and $638/month
    Hi fflint. It sounds to me as though the dealer that you spoke with is attempting to mark your vehicle's money factor up to add additional hidden, back-end profit to your deal. I know that some dealers are attempting to pretend that there's outrageous demand for this new vehicle, but that's stretching the truth somewhat. You should be able to find a dealer that will lease you one using the buy rate.

IFS' May buy rate lease money factor for a 39-month lease of a JX35 2WD is .00136.

Car_man
    Host
  • stiegstieg Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2012
    Hi Car_man,

I just got a quote for a 15K miles / year 39 month lease on a JX35 AWD, fully loaded. The money factor I was given first was .00245, then .00216, both based on perfect credit. Since I had seen your post, I was asking for the May buy rate money factor of .00136. Even told them I would go up to .00160, but no dice. I was trading a car in and getting VPP pricing. Was I being too tough?

Thanks in advance. Stieg.
  • jx35mdjx35md Member Posts: 4
    This past weekend, I leased a JX AWD Prem, Theater, Deluxe Touring, Tech, Cargo Pkg, Tow Pkg, Roof Rails. SF Bay Area. MSRP exactly $56K. Negotiated to $54K. 39 Month / 15K / MF 0.00162 / Residual 59%. I'm pretty happy with this deal, given what I could find about this market (not much off MSRP).
    Hi Stieg. The money factors are slightly higher on the AWD version of the JX than they are on the 2WD version. IFS' May buy rate for a 39-month lease of a JX35 AWD is .00162. If I was in the market for this truck, I would absolutely insist that the dealer use that factor to calculate my monthly payment. There's so many good vehicles out there that there's no reason to let the dealer mark the money factor up on you. In a month or two I suspect that this dealer will be glad to have someone lease a JX using the buy rate.

Car_man
    Host
  • myinfinitijxmyinfinitijx Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car man, i got my JX lease for 39 months for 1.94(the dealer i went use different MF format and saying it's the same as 0.00xx format) and 59% residual, they also offered me $1800 for Infiniti Elite premium maintenance plan, the financial manager said the price originally was $2700. My question is: does $1800 really worth the premium maintenance plan? Do I still able to cancel the plan? I got the car for 2 weeks already. I'm planning to buy off the car after lease as I'm currently lease under business. Thanks
    I have a 39 month 15Kmiles/year lease, so basically 45K miles in 36 months. We bought a 45K mile elite maintenance plan for $1123 with our lease, so your price of $1800 sounds steep. I think you can get a prorated refund, so if you haven't used it at all, I think you can get it all back. It's also being sold on the internet from dealers across the country. You can buy it from any dealer, they just need your VIN and current mileage. I read other posts that the elite plan can be had around $1000 online.
  • mrjackcoffeemrjackcoffee Member Posts: 8
    edited May 2012
    Car_Man. What a great help this site is.

So I am getting out of a MDX and wanted to run this JX deal past you.
    Its Emerald Green which is hard to find with Java.

Its Premium Package plus Theatre at MSRP of $48,240. Its FWD so not sure why the mf is off. The money factor is .001640 with residual at 27,781.

Downpayment is $4,500 with monthly payment of $599 which includes tax. Any thoughts? The Acq fees, Doc fees included in monthly payment. 15,000 miles a year at 39 months.
  • eogksrhdrnseogksrhdrns Member Posts: 7
    edited May 2012
    I got my JX35 lease in long island dealer just off from NYC in April. I have had about 4 weeks now. Here is my info.

I made a deal at $570/month for AWD with premium package with the lease take over 2009 BMW X5 with 2 payments left (dealer's cost).

But the dealer called me the next day, saying good new I could get the Driver's assistant package, 20" wheel at half of the price & I could pick up the car right away. I refused then dealer said that I should wait about a month. I replied OK I would wait. At the end dealer decided to include without additional cost. But I gave up the color. I got white now.

The total MSRP was $51,250. discount of $2,342.52. Final cost $48,907.48, $570/month, 39 months 0 down, 0 deposit. TTL & 1st month in advance ($3,469.19). Dealer offered free oil change for a year as complimentary.
    edited May 2012
    Hi myinfinitijx. I guess that depends upon how much maintenance you plan on performing on your Infiniti. Normally on a lease all I do is change the oil and rotate the tires...that's it. If that was your plan then $1,800 is way too much. If you plan on keeping your JX and want to maintain it meticulously then $1,800 isn't as bad...but I wouldn't be surprised if you were able to get the same plan for a couple hundred dollars less.

I usually pass on the pre-paid maintenance. You probably can still cancel the contract if you haven't used it yet. You should check with Infiniti or the dealer to find out if you can.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks mrjackcoffee. The money factor for a 36-month lease of a 2013 JX FWD is .00130. The factor for a 39-month lease is .00136. Make sure the dealer uses these factors to calculate your payment.

You actually never mentioned possibly the most important number of all, this truck's selling price. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. You need to find out what the JX's selling price is so that you can tell how large a dealer discount you are being given and if there is any room left for negotiation.

Also, $4,500 is too much money to put down on a lease. I always advise consumers to put as little money down as possible when leasing. Consumers who make large down payments on leases risk losing part or all of the money that they put down if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered.

Car_man
    Host
    Oops. I did not state that it is 39 months lease with 10K miles per year. I calculated the MF backward. it should be 0.00162. And the residual value is 62% which is $31,775.00.
  • mrjackcoffeemrjackcoffee Member Posts: 8
    Guy at infiniti said that the MF is .001640 and that nobody is getting .00130. Residual is at 57%.

15,000 miles. 39 months.

Whats up with that. Saying Car_man is a liar? Help!
  • sewellgsmsewellgsm Member Posts: 775
    2wd 39/15k = 57%, MF buy rate on Tier 0 = .00136
    AWD 39/15k = 59%, MF buy rate on Tier 0 = .00162

Residual depends on model and term and miles per year (+2% for 12k & +3% for 10k)

Money Factor depends on credit, plus raising the MF is one of the ways a dealership makes a profit...which is the goal of the employees.
    It's interesting to see that AWD has a higher residual 59% vs FWD 57%. I guess they think it'll be easier to sell an used AWD rather than a FWD. I bet that 2% may be enough to make the lease price on AWD the same as similar equipped FWD.
  • jx35awdownerjx35awdowner Member Posts: 2
    Signed a lease deal yesterday on a new infiniti JX 35 AWD with Premium + Driver assistance + Theater package

- Upfront charge of $2200 which includes:
    - first month charge +
    - bank fee & doc fee of $775 +
    - taxes

- Monthly@599

Is that a good deal?
  • ChrismaxChrismax Member Posts: 87
    What was the MSRP and the selling price? How many months and miles?
  • jx35awdownerjx35awdowner Member Posts: 2
    MSRP - $50600
    Selling price - 48900
    39 months with 10k per year
    I got $570/month for similar MSRP and selling price. 39 months and 10K per year.
  • jtmyob21jtmyob21 Member Posts: 14
    I received this quote from a S. Florida dealership, but it doesn't sound right to me (starting with a 10k discount on the selling price and another price 1k over MSRP). What do you all think. This is a cut and paste from the email quote they sent:

2013 JX35 FWD Diamond slate with Wheat interior
    Deluxe touring package
    Premium package
    Splash guards
    Theater package

List price $51,770

Selling price $40,195 +++ (tax, tag, and fees).

Lease 39 months with 15k miles a year.

Monthly payment $629 + tax with Inceptions due at delivery.
    $775 doc fee - WOW!

This is frustrating part of price comparing! One dealership may give you a $400 price so you go there not knowing their doc fees are $500 higher than your local dealer!!

That is why you must get the "drive out" price when comparing purchase deals...on lease if terms are the same (month/miles per year) and the out of pocket is the same - then you compare payment.

Either way $599 for a JX sounds good! :)
  • keaquinnkeaquinn Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

I received a quote for a base JX35 AWD- with VPP pricing ($38,465)- $1555 down (first payment and fees) for $529/month for 15k year. Does that sound right? How much less would 12k/year be? I am trying to get under $500/month!

Thanks
  • keaquinnkeaquinn Member Posts: 2
    does anyone have an idea how much less the new pathfinder will be as its based on the JX?
    Just put down another $1000...you'll be under $500/month. :)
  • nsadansada Member Posts: 23
    Dear Car_man,
    Can you please provide June lease MF and residual for 2013 JX AWD 39-month 12K/year...Thanks.
  • lonstermanlonsterman Member Posts: 7
    Hey car guys.. my X5 lease is up the end of July and I need to replace it. Looking at the JX but want to make sure I'm going to get the best deal and looking for real information. We went by the dealer in Houston and got the no stock, selling like hotcakes, need full list song and dance.

Before I try to work a deal, can you let me know the latest money factor for the FWD, 36 months with a 15k mileage?

Thanks!!
  • amz5050amz5050 Member Posts: 1
    Which South Florida Dealership quoted you this price? That seems like a good deal.
    Sadly as I had suspected, it was a typo, at least the $40,195 price was. The salesman meant $50,195. But he did say the lease price was $629 month for 36 months and 12,000 miles a year. The rest of the quote was accurate as well. This was Sawgrass Infiniti in S. FL.
    Hi nsada. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2012 JX35 AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00162 and 60%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey lonsterman. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 JX35 FWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00129 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • greez82greez82 Member Posts: 13
    edited July 2012
    carman,

are the figures still the same as your post on july 9th for mf/res. on the awd jx 39 month? .000162 and 60%?
  • diran1diran1 Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2012
    Got a quote for a JX FWD w/driver assis./ theater/ premium pkg. total MSRP
    $50,745.
    Getting $1,235. from a trade-in plus they wanted $850. for 1st mth. & tag transfer; $639. mth.+ tax for 39 mths. 12K miles a year

Is this monthly payment to high?
    I received this offer today, and I was wondering if it was a good deal:

This is the offer I received today from Sawgrass Infiniti in South Florida:

2013 JX35 with a premium package.

39 month lease with 12k miles a year

Monthly payment $537 + tax with Inceptions due on delivery. (first payment, tax, tag, and fees).

M.S.R.P. $46,350

Cap Cost $44,500

Residual 12k miles a year is 59% = $27,346.50

Does that sound like a decent deal? Dealership is Sawgrass Infiniti in South Florida.
  • mich2006mich2006 Member Posts: 20
    Hello Car_Man
    Do you know what are the lease rates for JX35 AWD with premium package 39 months and 15000 miles going to be in August?

Thank you
    Yes, the July numbers for this model are still the same as they were on the 9th.

Car_man
    Host
  • humble226humble226 Member Posts: 6
    Has anyone seen dealerships trying to silently mark up the money factor on lease deals? I was trying to get a JX35 from Sewell Infiniti, and after I questioned the lease numbers several times because they didn't match anything I found on the Internet, I was finally told:

> Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Our finance director said
    > we mark up the money factor just like a bank marks up rate. She said
    > instead of marking up the money factor 81 points, which is what
    > Infiniti allows us to do, we marked it up 21 points in your benefit.

Followed by a new quote where they stopped attempting to mark it up 81 points. I have never seen a dealership attempt to pull something so sleezy before!