Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe

13»

Comments

• lightfootfllightfootfl Member Posts: 442
    I don't remember what it is, but you might check with the service manager (?) regarding this sensitivity in the steering. I think they have 3 settings for the steering, you should try the one I think called sport. This type of problem is in the sedans, ie Sonata look in that forum for more info than I remember. It is something about the electrical steering stuff. I hope that will address your problem.

van
  • busdepotbusdepot Member Posts: 11
    I just purchased A Santa Fe Sport last week and one of the first things I did was check the PSI in all of the tires and sure enough they were all overinflated by about 5 lbs, the correct PSI is 33 lbs per tire. I also found that at highway speed if you put the steering into the sport mode it should solve the problem of drifting out of your lane at highway speeds, I had it up to 80MPH and no drifting, I actually prefer the sport mode and leave it in this position all the time.
  • carle3carle3 Member Posts: 1
    I have the wandering steering problem also on my 2013 Santa Fe Sport 2.4 FWD. The dealer has had it four times now. First for alignment, which was changed. Second visit found right front camber out of spec again, installed right side camber kit. Third visit, verified drift to left, cross rotated and road force balanced all four tires. Vehicle still drifts to left, 4th visit they replaced all four tires with Continental brand and road force balanced. Still have the same problem. Now I'm on hold with them awaiting a software update the service manager is telling me, with no estimate of how long this will take. I'm thinking of filing the Lemon Law reporting paper work. :lemon:
  • flyboy21flyboy21 Member Posts: 7
    I have a 2013 Santa Fe since 10/13/12. It has 10,140 miles on it and we have enjoyed every minute that we have spent in this car. I noticed the steering was hard to get use to but when I went to the normal mode the car drove like my 2011 Sonata that I put 36,000 mile on. This past Feb. while returning from a trip to SW La. (700 mi.) I drove the whole 14 hours and felt like I could have driven longer. I am 77 and while I try to stay in good shape I still need to get out once in a while. I did notice that the ride felt hard and sure enough the TP was 40 PSI so I put it at the 33 :) PSI that Hyundai says the tire should be at. The ride is a lot softer and not truck like. I have the white color with the tan leather interior and the car is jut beautiful. We have had a lot of compliments and interest in our car.
  • tom727tom727 Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    Hi,

I have the same problem with what seems like a line running across the windshield while driving on dark roads. It does diminish greatly when you switch to high beams. I told my salesman about it and he said to bring it in some night and he would check it out. I haven't done that yet. Have you found out anything about this situation?
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    "For our test vehicle, we chose a 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited AWD. The Limited edition replaces the second-row bench with a pair of captain's chairs and adds a power tailgate, dual-zone climate control, leather seating, heated second-row seats and a powered passenger seat.

On top of this, we opted for the $2,900 Technology package. This option adds a panoramic sunroof, a 12-speaker Infinity stereo with HD radio, heated steering wheel, rear side window shades and a navigation system with 8-inch touchscreen."

2013 Long-Term Road Test
  • mgibson99mgibson99 Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    I just drove from Northern VA to Atlanta and back in my new SF AWD Limited. Approximately 650 miles each way. I did not have the wandering/sensitive steering that you and others have reported. I actually found the drive to be quite enjoyable.

While you are not the only person to report steering issues, the majority of owners have not had that problem. Leads me to believe that it an isolated issue, and not a defect across the entire line. Also, as others have mentioned, your tires were significantly over inflated, which would exactly cause the symptoms you've described. Also, for what it's worth, hyping your own credibility actually has the opposite effect. The fact that you feel the need to proclaim that you are in the top .1% of drivers (what does that even mean?) actually takes away from your credibility.
  • vrmvrm Member Posts: 310
    edited July 2013
    I have not been able to find any info regarding the 2014 *Sport* model.

Any idea when the 2014 Sport will debut? We are into August now, so hopefully it will be soon.

Any info regarding the release date or new changes would be appreciated.

Thanks!
  • s380s380 Member Posts: 2
    Yesterday my Hyundai salesman said he has not heard of any changes to the '14 Santa Fe's.
    I just read a few days ago from one of the car magazines that I get that there will only be very slight cosmetic changes to the exterior of the vehicle for 2014.
  • nxs138nxs138 Member Posts: 481
    Had anyone read this long term update on Edmunds? Looking to buy a Sante Fe LWB, but don't like the suspension issue the author is having when halfway loaded. Any experience on bottoming out?

http://www.edmunds.com/hyundai/santa-fe/2013/long-term-road-test/2013-hyundai-sa- nta-fe-uncomfortable-ride-with-passengers.html
  • grobbinsgrobbins Member Posts: 1
    I've only had my Limited XL for about a month, but took it on a 1,400 mile vacation drive last week.

On a shopping outing, with 5 adults in the vehicle (nothing else), I did experience bottoming-out on the rear axle in a construction zone, but I'd chocked it up to the size of the bump in the road.

The vehicle is too new for me to say it's a problem, but I'll keep an ear open in the future.
  • sparklandsparkland Member Posts: 120
    Looks like this guy has it out for the Santa Fe.

It is very disheartening to read that the vehicle bottoms out on rough surfaces.

Evidently Consumer Reports did not test the load/ride performance.
  • 66speed66speed Member Posts: 2
    Just go a Sport 2.0T and I have a few questions. I like to do my own basic maintenance.

1. It looks like there are ports in the plastic covering underneath the car to change the filter and drain the oil, has anyone changed the oil this way?

2. What size crush washer is used on the drain plug?

3. Has anyone used a Fumoto oil valve on this application and how did it work out?

4. "Top Tier" gasoline is difficult to find in my neighborhood, unless Citgo or Sunoco are OK, Has anyone had driveability issues because of the fuel.
  • sparklandsparkland Member Posts: 120
    I was wondering the same thing about the Fumoto valve but on the V6 engine.
  • herbie70herbie70 Member Posts: 1
    Have not seen any roll into dealership yet. We have received some 2014 sonatas and tucson so far
    I have seen them at Sansone Hyundai in New Jersey and I did not see any changes from the 2013 model, if any changes were made to the interior or exterior they were very slight. I own a 2013 Sport and I really love this CUV.
  • kimkhebertkimkhebert Member Posts: 2
    my 2013 santa fe has wind noise on both driver and passenger side windows...very annoying...sounds like window is down but it isn't. The dealer said it is the design of the mirror....I agree BS.
  • kimkhebertkimkhebert Member Posts: 2
    I am about to trade mine in...nice car but the wind noise from both front windows it not acceptable to me for a new car!! Also the fog lamps are defective one has a cover falling off and one is off and bouncing around the lamp...hyundai seemed to know exactly what I am talking about but no recalls...I rented a ford mustang for two weeks and even this sports car, less expensive than my car...had a seal on the windows without wind noise. Any others have these issues? My mind is pretty made up though that I am getting rid of it at only 1 yr old.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    If you are a parent of young children (at least one under 12 years old) who owns a 2013-14 Hyundai Santa Fe, a reporter would like for you to fill out a survey, due by December 13, 2013, for use in a print publication. Please email PR@edmunds.com no later than Wednesday, December 11, for a copy of the survey.