Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2006 Acura TL vs. 2005 Infiniti G35

nlattanzinlattanzi Member Posts: 5
I wanted to get some of your guys' views on the models I have specified in the title. I have found two used vehicles (TL and G35) around the same price range. But I'm torn as to which one to go with.

Performance and longevity are important to me when purchasing one of these vehicles.

Comments

• billyperksiibillyperksii Member Posts: 198
    Cant go wrong either way-it boils down to your personal preference, FWD TL of RWD, AWD G35.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    I second that comment. I had an 03 G35 and had great luck with it - no repairs, only regular maintenance, til it was totaled at 108K miles. The TL was on my shopping list when I bought the G, but I found such a great deal on my G that I never made it that far.

If I recall correctly, the TL needs premium fuel, so that may be something to keep in mind. But really, they're both good choices, so just test drive both and pick the one you like better.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• nlattanzinlattanzi Member Posts: 5
    From my understanding, I thought the G35 needs premium and the TL doesn't? Maybe they both do?

I've test driven an 07 G35, but not the older 05 model/design. I will be test driving the TL this weekend.

Just wanted to get more thoughts from people on the two vehicles.

Thanks!
  • wwestwwest Member Posts: 10,706
    I would choose the more safe RWD any day of the week.
  • nlattanzinlattanzi Member Posts: 5
    Does anyone have experience in driving both or have had both?
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    You aren't likely to find someone here who has had the same years that you're looking at, of each vehicle. I know we have a few who have test-driven and considered both. You're more likely to find those people in our Entry Level Luxury Performance Sedans discussion:
    http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.ef0a892

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews